Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 15/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default Rick Simpson Oil - Does It Work?

Hello there - I'm a forum newbie!

Just wondering if anyone here has made use of "Rick Simpson Oil", in particular oil made using Naptha as a solvent. Does it cure cancer, help with pain? Is it safe (if using potentially harmful solvents like Naptha)? I've read it can be made with other solvents but a video on YT suggests that naptha is more effective: youtube.com/watch?v=Bi0PUyS-whY

I am investigating this on behalf of my mother who is ill with myeloma (blood/bone marrow cancer), for treating this and associated pain.

Thanks for any help!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 28/6
    Given: 7/2

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Good for pain relief for sure and possibly helpful against the cancer. I would personally try infused olive or cooking oil (really any edibles) before solvent extracts.

Best of luck to you. Stay strong for your mother.
    Peace Hoppy

"Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope." --the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers

420grower

I am with Hop,edibles are your answer,still many unanswered questions concerning Alcohol type extractions,peace

Epic Genetics

Quote Originally Posted by HopaLong View Post
    Good for pain relief for sure and possibly helpful against the cancer. I would personally try infused olive or cooking oil (really any edibles) before solvent extracts.

Best of luck to you. Stay strong for your mother.
    if you want it unheated/un-decarboxilated (sp?) how do you do it with cooking oil or olive oil ?

anyone ?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 102/0
    Given: 224/0

i always thought it was possible to infuse cooking oil with no heat? doesn't heat just speed the process ?
    Its a known fact if you vaporize a mite his soul becomes yours ...

Epic Genetics

Quote Originally Posted by JaySun View Post
    i always thought it was possible to infuse cooking oil with no heat? doesn't heat just speed the process ?
    heat causes it to be psycoactive, ive got a patient who does not want to get high/stoned so i use solvents or w/e you wanna call em to extract with and allow it to evap without heat

does anyone with experience know forsure if cooking oil , olive oil or other similar can be used to extract without heat ? and if so how and how well does it work

thanx

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 28/6
    Given: 7/2

The Simpson method uses heat.
    But to make it without I would use an alcohol rinse and let slow evaporation at room temperature does the job.

Olive Oil is the same as infusing any herb, loosely grind herb and let sit in the sealed bottle of oil a long time, months if you can and then filter. Won't work as good for pain but to do large dosages in this can work.

I would heat it for most instances.
    Peace Hoppy

"Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope." --the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers

Vegetative Member milkcratejukebox's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 59/0
    Given: 1/0

in '08 i went to Amherst, Nova Scotia once to meet Rick Simpson at a luncheon that was sponsored by the Phoenix tears organization. there was maybe 65 to 70 people there. he seemed like one of those guys from the fifties, ya know the kinda guy that lived by a code, man code, firm handshake, look ya in the eye when he spoke to ya, fuckin guy had presence when he walked into the room. Then he began to speak, lol....ya know when you were at a family reunion, and the beer started flowin, then that one "Uncle" starts gettin loud when the stories start to come out...There ya go, he was like that crazy drunk Uncle, black socks and sandals, white belt, one hand in the pocket "jinglin his change", that kinda guy...it started out great but by the time coffee and desert was over, couldnt wait to get the hell out of there...he was handing out seeds like he was the fuckin Mayor...i grew some out, it was only commercial bag weed seed...waste of 4 months in my grow room....

i was a union bridge painter years ago, we used to use Naptha to soak the epoxy paint brushes in...that is one volatile solution, i couldnt even think of ingesting anything made with that...

i have made oil for people, #1, it takes so much product to make a 10ml syringe, on the other note the dosage is the size of a large oat flake, and would last ya a long time...it did work for pain medication, but they were getting similar results with my Tincture...a guy in colorado when i lived out there had me make him some Oil, he brought me 3 Lbs. of grade A, White Goat, (excellent weed by the way), and we used Everclear 190, it took about 2 days to get the end result, it gave us 4 10ml oral syringes, he started a 4x a day regiment for his diabetes. after 5 months he said he no longer had to take insulin or pills to regulate his sugar, BUT, when he started this project he also started exercising regularly and eating correctly and quit the alcohol consumption and smoking....so who knows if it was the diet, and working out that did it or a combo of both oil and lifestyle change?

and the people at that luncheon that got up to "sing the praises of Rick Simpson" were all close friends of his....

placebo effect or does it work, make some oil and give it a try....

crate
    Last edited by milkcratejukebox; 10-28-2013 at 05:16 PM.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

And not to continue the pile-on, but I'd avoid naming a poor extraction technique after myself, but then again I've always had a thing for chemistry and figured out rather early on that oil shouldn't be green, black, or full of sugar and chlorophyll.

But, hey.. to be fair.. I've also tried making hash by long-soaking leaves in 70% Iso once, too. Which is why I know not to make it that way

As I said elsewhere, don't consider it the end goal to aim for, but if you want to try to as a starting point then rest assured that no chemistry experience is required.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

420grower

this is a subject I stay away from,lol,I own an edible company,I extract,I infuse,I have a degree in biology,I know this plant inside and out,'hell I met and tried to recreate Kaplans 4,327,028 THC extraction patent 1978,I do things with this plant many think is crazy.I will ask 1 question first to Epic,I understand your evaporate method,I have used it in the passed,but it still leaves THC and that,even with no traces of alcohol the THC will get your patient somewhat stoned.
    To answer the oil question,Yes it will extract the thc and some cbd if it is placed somewhere dark,and is agitated/shaken often.
    I was at a meeting a while back where I was teaching my method of extraction into glycerin,I use heat in mine,they had been shaking 3 quart ball jars daily for 3 months,it certainly did extract some thc,but studies like mine,and many cannabis labs,show that most all effective extraction methods,(those without some type of natural alcohol,or other solvent used to hold then leave the behind THC,CBD,CBN ect.after evaporation.)Are those with heat and pressure or heat with zero pressure.(Co2 types)
    Apex manufacturing in ohio makes extraction machines for our industry,very similar to what I use.
    exciting waves of new and old school methods revised are coming in a soon legal market place,love the comments and questions,sorry I went on so long,peace all

Epic Genetics

Quote Originally Posted by 420grower View Post
    this is a subject I stay away from,lol,I own an edible company,I extract,I infuse,I have a degree in biology,I know this plant inside and out,'hell I met and tried to recreate Kaplans 4,327,028 THC extraction patent 1978,I do things with this plant many think is crazy.I will ask 1 question first to Epic,I understand your evaporate method,I have used it in the passed,but it still leaves THC and that,even with no traces of alcohol the THC will get your patient somewhat stoned.
    To answer the oil question,Yes it will extract the thc and some cbd if it is placed somewhere dark,and is agitated/shaken often.
    I was at a meeting a while back where I was teaching my method of extraction into glycerin,I use heat in mine,they had been shaking 3 quart ball jars daily for 3 months,it certainly did extract some thc,but studies like mine,and many cannabis labs,show that most all effective extraction methods,(those without some type of natural alcohol,or other solvent used to hold then leave the behind THC,CBD,CBN ect.after evaporation.)Are those with heat and pressure or heat with zero pressure.(Co2 types)
    Apex manufacturing in ohio makes extraction machines for our industry,very similar to what I use.
    exciting waves of new and old school methods revised are coming in a soon legal market place,love the comments and questions,sorry I went on so long,peace all
    see thats just it, heat is not an option, when a couple of my patients tested my oil made with heat to evap faster the small dab off a toothpic made them go into the sweats and freek right out haloucenating and all

this recent patient has been fine with my oil made the same minus the heat, he gets a slight buzz but nothing more

id love to use olive oil or coconut oil but can not use heat and can not wait months, as of now i take my oil and mix/infuse it into coconut oil

wish i coulda skipped the harsh extraction for this patient/familly member but its looking as if its not an option

@ everyone and anyone : thanx for the help/info and any future help/info

peace

p.s. ive made oil since the 70's for purely recreational reasons, today is not about that so thats why all help/info is appreciated
    Last edited by Epic Genetics; 10-28-2013 at 09:54 PM.

Epic Genetics

Quote Originally Posted by milkcratejukebox View Post
    in '08 i went to Amherst, Nova Scotia once to meet Rick Simpson at a luncheon that was sponsored by the Phoenix tears organization. there was maybe 65 to 70 people there. he seemed like one of those guys from the fifties, ya know the kinda guy that lived by a code, man code, firm handshake, look ya in the eye when he spoke to ya, fuckin guy had presence when he walked into the room. Then he began to speak, lol....ya know when you were at a family reunion, and the beer started flowin, then that one "Uncle" starts gettin loud when the stories start to come out...There ya go, he was like that crazy drunk Uncle, black socks and sandals, white belt, one hand in the pocket "jinglin his change", that kinda guy...it started out great but by the time coffee and desert was over, couldnt wait to get the hell out of there...he was handing out seeds like he was the fuckin Mayor...i grew some out, it was only commercial bag weed seed...waste of 4 months in my grow room....

i was a union bridge painter years ago, we used to use Naptha to soak the epoxy paint brushes in...that is one volatile solution, i couldnt even think of ingesting anything made with that...

i have made oil for people, #1, it takes so much product to make a 10ml syringe, on the other note the dosage is the size of a large oat flake, and would last ya a long time...it did work for pain medication, but they were getting similar results with my Tincture...a guy in colorado when i lived out there had me make him some Oil, he brought me 3 Lbs. of grade A, White Goat, (excellent weed by the way), and we used Everclear 190, it took about 2 days to get the end result, it gave us 4 10ml oral syringes, he started a 4x a day regiment for his diabetes. after 5 months he said he no longer had to take insulin or pills to regulate his sugar, BUT, when he started this project he also started exercising regularly and eating correctly and quit the alcohol consumption and smoking....so who knows if it was the diet, and working out that did it or a combo of both oil and lifestyle change?

and the people at that luncheon that got up to "sing the praises of Rick Simpson" were all close friends of his....

placebo effect or does it work, make some oil and give it a try....

crate
    my latest patient/familly member was able to cut his prescribed poisons/medications in half after only 3 days eating oil i made for him

he has parkinsons , alshimers , arthitis and the list goes on, to say he cut his med use in half is saying a LOT

IVE NOT ASKED ABOUT HIS MED INTAKE LATELY, IVE JUST BEEN HAPPY WITH HEARING THE OIL HAS AND IS HELPING GREATLY

oops sorry left caps on

peace

420grower

extracts are saving lives everywhere in so many different ways,great work Epic,my patients love our goodies,and the stories that come from their healing are worth every growing hour,peace

- - - Updated - - -

have you tried Glycerin Epic?,it is a heated product,but it has a real nice body type buzz most find very healing,peace

Epic Genetics

Quote Originally Posted by 420grower View Post
    extracts are saving lives everywhere in so many different ways,great work Epic,my patients love our goodies,and the stories that come from their healing are worth every growing hour,peace

- - - Updated - - -

have you tried Glycerin Epic?,it is a heated product,but it has a real nice body type buzz most find very healing,peace
    cant do it with heat, he is in his 70's but you would take one look at him and think he was in his 90s, very weak and frail

decarbing it is not an option when supplying him

extracting then infusing it with coconut oil works well so if i have to remain doing it this way then so be it

peace

Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down

Thanks all for your helpful replies. Shadimar you mention oil is not the goal to aim for, what is the goal to aim for?

Milkcratejukebox I take your point about Naptha, but this guy in this video see to have had better results with it:

Also, I found this research paper online which seems to back up the idea of naptha being a more effecient extractor of THC, if you take a look at the graphs...

Thumbs Up/Down

THC is an oil, so it's not that *oil* is not the end goal, it's just that *this* oil should not be considered the end goal due to all the undesirables such as sugar, chlorophyll and waxes that the long soak picks up as evidenced by the black sticky end result as opposed to the hard golden/red solid.

Compare BHO -Butane Honey Oil or QWISO Quick Wash Isopropanol hash/oil to it and note that neither are black and sticky.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Flowering Member keepitmedicated's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 946/2
    Given: 2,110/4

I love infused olive oil, I have a jar in the freezer now. I use a croc-pot and put all my Dry - Sugar trim and whatever in it with a the oil. Tape the lid shut and leave in on the low setting for a day or so. I found the longer the soak the ut the stronger the product. Have forgoten a batch for 4 days before and when I tried it, I was so stupid high and could not move from my bed feeling waves from me head to toes. Gave some to friends and some couldnt use it cause it was too strong. Some asked if I put some mushrooms in it cause the body effect was so strong they couldnt believe that it was just pot leafs and trim. The only thing that sucks with it is that there is not as many recipes with the cannaoil as the cannabudder but the oil stores longer I find.
    HARMONY..
    When we lose the right to be different
    We lose the privilage to be free
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by jezza View Post
    Milkcratejukebox I take your point about Naptha, but this guy in this video see to have had better results with it
    if you tested the end product there will be naptha residue in it....to a frail or compromised immune system that may be just the right amount to do someone harm...why take the chance, imho...

when i stay in touch with one buddy whose work causes him to travel...he worked in Kentucky once and brought me back 3 jars of "K Clear", one bottle was the first run, second bottle was the second run, etc for the 3rd...and the best oil batch i ever made was with the "second run" bottle...but its tuff to get that "K Clear"...

crate

Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by milkcratejukebox View Post
    brought me back 3 jars of "K Clear"
    What is K Clear? What about high strength alcohol as a solvent, something like this: http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-15105.aspx ?

Thumbs Up/Down

My guess is high proof tax-free ethanol.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Thumbs Up/Down

Cornmash Moonshine...Kentucky Clear, cause its from there, but years ago i had some from west virginny...whoooowee...

and i believe it was Popcorn Sutton who said, First Run was the "Lovin batch"..Second Run was the "Fightin Batch...Third run was the "Divorcin Batch".... (the order may be wrong)...lol

i was told the "Second Run" was a little more like 195 proof...cause when ya shook it, there was hardly any "Bubbles a' formin"...

crate

Australian Medical Marijuana Educator Smokin Moose's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 41/0
    Given: 24/0

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Cannabis oil does in fact kill cancer, but sadly not all cancers are responsive. The best advice I have from Dr Manuel Guzman is that a decarboxylated cannabis oil is preferred to raw cannabis for killing cancers. I know some will decry this and say "what about Dr William Courtney?", but my own experience and the records of my patient group support what Dr Guzman has told me.

So, do you really wonder about cannabis killing cancer. Well, check this....

A young Aussie Mum had been sent home to die. She had been diagnosed with Inflammatory Breast Cancer, Lung Cancer, and Paget's disease of the nipple. She came to me for help with a cannabis oil treatment. I took her on and sixty days later...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1186865_504275626320817_1203187014_n.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	56284
    [B][COLOR="Navy"][URL="http://shop.vetguru.com/shop/sweet-serenity/"][COLOR="Navy"][SIZE=3]Enlightened Veterinarian's Guide to Treating Pets with Medical Marijuana. Dr Doug Kramer's definitive ebook "Sweet Serenity"[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE=5][COLOR=Blue]Truth flows on to credibility, and credibility will be the vehicle for change[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Australian Medical Marijuana Educator Smokin Moose's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 41/0
    Given: 24/0

Have you seen this article by Arno Hazekamp - Cannabis Oil: chemical evaluation of an upcoming cannabis-based medicine
    Quote Originally Posted by Epic Genetics View Post
    heat causes it to be psycoactive, ive got a patient who does not want to get high/stoned so i use solvents or w/e you wanna call em to extract with and allow it to evap without heat

does anyone with experience know forsure if cooking oil , olive oil or other similar can be used to extract without heat ? and if so how and how well does it work

thanx
    [B][COLOR="Navy"][URL="http://shop.vetguru.com/shop/sweet-serenity/"][COLOR="Navy"][SIZE=3]Enlightened Veterinarian's Guide to Treating Pets with Medical Marijuana. Dr Doug Kramer's definitive ebook "Sweet Serenity"[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE=5][COLOR=Blue]Truth flows on to credibility, and credibility will be the vehicle for change[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin Moose View Post
    I took her on and sixty days later...
    That's amazing! How do you make your oil Smokin Moose? Do you have a recipe?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,036/0
    Given: 1,031/0

You need a lot of botanical material to extract enough oil for ongoing treatment. re: Rick Simpson 1 lb green to get 1 oz oil. I've never made oil but there are a variety of ways to extract oil, you don't have to use naptha. I can't remember where I read it but I do recall there other alternatives that are much cleaner (same method). Best advice, do your homework and PLAY SAFE.
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    I return to the earth and I am embraced.I am Cannabis
    Nohibition

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast