Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 100/0
    Given: 78/3

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I have No idea what I just did but next time like next week I,ll have to find a real camera and try again . Don't know why they are upside down lol?? Anyways this is them since putting them in rockwool cubes on the 10th. We'll they look right side up when I click on them?

- - - Updated - - -

I guess you can tell I,m NO computer or cell phone kinda guy eh lol. Oj

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 144/1
    Given: 85/0

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Week 3 update on my girls. Took photos last night ie. day 21. For the record, these are now under 3 T5 HO lights similar to johnnyman's setup, and they are as close to those lights as possible without getting heat damage! Will stick with 3 T5HO throughout veg growth.

1) all ma bitches (middle one had issues coming out of seed, is the runt, and has been seeing the least light. might cull her, but give it another week)
    2) #4 was transplanted 2 nights ago during feeding #2 (as was a very nice Northernberry, not shown here)
    ^ #4 is also branching out very well for such a young age without any LST or topping.

feeding #2 was about 1/3-1/2 strength (unsure of ppm and pH) and they seem to be okay with it. might feed again in 3-5 days we'll see
    edit: now that I've looked at my own photos, the yellow coloring in new growth *might* be due to nutrients being a bit too strong. will monitor.

Leda Uno, Celestial Temple Sativa grow thread: https://www.treatingyourself.org/sho...570#post357570
    PPK, RSK, SS grow thread: https://www.treatingyourself.org/sho...L-stealth-grow

Thumbs Up/Down

haha no worries, although it would be slightly easier if they were rightside up . Anyway, they look like they will take off any day now! are they under HPS or what light you got in there?
    Leda Uno, Celestial Temple Sativa grow thread: https://www.treatingyourself.org/sho...570#post357570

Embryo

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 12/0
    Given: 7/0

Quote Originally Posted by keepitmedicated View Post
    Mabey give em another couple of days to see what direction they go. They dont look too bad at all to me, Like NM said a light feeding would go a long way. K.I.M.

If my older plants are any indication, they don't seem to be heading in the best direction. I posted some pictures of the worst looking plants in the sick plant section and Shadimar also mention nute lockout. I'm going to pick up some distilled water today and give everyone a good flush. Looks like I might have to install an RO unit after all.

Thumbs Up/Down

I have them under hps 430watts in hydroton for the last week. Lite feeding gh 3part the one that has the leaves turned up is the fan blowing on them lol . Oj

Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0
    Given: 2/1

It's my understanding that seeds planted in pots and then turned upside down and photographed with a cellphone camera will produce 32% more resin during the final week of flowering.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 35/0
    Given: 62/0

Quote Originally Posted by alaspooryorick View Post
    It's my understanding that seeds planted in pots and then turned upside down and photographed with a cellphone camera will produce 32% more resin during the final week of flowering.
    Yeah spraying with roundup also increases the thc percentage during flowering..
    "The ultimate goal of farming is not the growing of crops, but the cultivation and perfection of human beings."

-Masanobu Fukuoka -

Flowering Member keepitmedicated's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 946/2
    Given: 2,110/4

Just looked over at the sick plants and they dont look too good. Ive never had that problem before so I cant help too much sorry. Anytime I have a problem I always flush the soil and It usually helps.

Superman Them plants are lookin really nice man. Mine are just getting into normal growth third set true leafs comin through. Nice and straight though, But just startin to take off. Will take some pics tonight for the weekly update.
    HARMONY..
    When we lose the right to be different
    We lose the privilage to be free
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 92/0
    Given: 95/0

This is starting to get interesting as the leaves begin to grow. Some nice pics. I will be very interested to see the buds mature.

Especially interested because although I missed being able to join this contest, I have C-99 on its way with my latest order of Blueberry and Sweet Skunk. I am so happy to be able to get my hands on this variety. It has been on my wishlist for years. I hope to plant C-99 at christmas time. It is either that or sweet skunk but I am so eager to try C99, just can't wait. My last grow was a sativa dom Leda Uno. It is very stretchy with a 63 day flowering period. So I just grew it on 12 +1 hours of light for two weeks then flipped it right over to 12/12. Even at that they still came in at 36" when finished. These sativas don't need much veg if any.

It is amazing how often things go wrong during germination. I have the best results in rockwool cubes in a covered flat on a heating cable. I keep the lights on for a veg cycle more just to keep them warm and growing sometimes. Otherwise I would grow all my sat doms on 12/12 from seed.

Hope to see more progress soon folks!

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Valentin View Post
    Yeah spraying with roundup also increases the thc percentage during flowering..
    Thanks Doc I called my hydro shop to order some but they were out so wallyworld in the morning Oj

420grower

they look good even upside down,lol,I couldn't get mine to even post,trying again today,looking great brother,peace

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by 420grower View Post
    they look good even upside down,lol,I couldn't get mine to even post,trying again today,looking great brother,peace
    Thanks 420 but it's really hard to keep the hydroton balls from falling out of my smart pots .oj

Thumbs Up/Down

Leda Uno eh? Is that from KC Brains? I grew out KC 36 a couple times and like it very much. Nice fat abundant buds, Easy to grow and potent as all hell. Once I get a taller cab Im gonna try some sativa dom strains, Would like to give a haze mix a try to see how difficult they can be. What do you plan on growin first from this order? Enjoy if we do another comp like this hope you tag along with us on it. STay cool K.I.M.
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 92/0
    Given: 95/0

Quote Originally Posted by keepitmedicated View Post
    Leda Uno eh? Is that from KC Brains? I grew out KC 36 a couple times and like it very much. Nice fat abundant buds, Easy to grow and potent as all hell. Once I get a taller cab Im gonna try some sativa dom strains, Would like to give a haze mix a try to see how difficult they can be. What do you plan on growin first from this order? Enjoy if we do another comp like this hope you tag along with us on it.
    STay cool K.I.M.
    Yes thats the one. It is KC 36 or possibly 39, I can't recall off the top of my head mixed with a male sativa from Brazil named after a woman who brought it to Holland.
    It has a great head high for daytime. No couch lock.

I am pretty sure that I will do C99 next but will follow closely behind with the Sweet Skunk when I have room. I like sativas very much but favour the short flowering period strains that often have a small bit of indica in them. I don't have a dedicated veg room and I don't use clones, so late bloomers like Haze are more than I have patience for. If you have limited head room then 12/12 from seed is excellent. The sativas can be more like large auto's under such a regime.

Thumbs Up/Down

I never have tried a 12/12 from seed. What is the adverage yeild from the plants then? 7 grms? Come to think of it in my cab I can have 15 plants if grown from seed 12/12. If they can yeild 1/4 ounce each that would be a decent haul for me. Almost a pnd from them would be amazing. Would be best to make a mother to clone for the sea of green. Femmed seeds if I could get my hands on that many to use, I would have to start making my own fems to have them on hand. Startin to ramble so Im shuttin up now LOL. K.I.M.
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

I know it's early, but do you have anything in mind for the next competition KIM? Or will you take a break to do a normal cycle?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 884/0
    Given: 478/1

Don't do 12/12 from seed with an Indica (not that I thought you were going to).

The idea with the Sativas is simply that they're not going to start flowering until they're sexually mature so you're cutting the amount of energy they receive in veg in order to keep them smaller.

If you have the kind of strain where other growers typically take small clones directly into flower and come out with 5-6 foot trees than you've probably got a strain that will handle 12/12 from seed. On the other hand, I was once shown a small CFL cab where the grower had tossed in a commercial bagseed to see what would happen and the entire plant was a small nug on top of a toothpick of a stem. Had they let it grow to 6-8" before flipping it might have produced up to an ounce.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Reminds me of when someone wanted to buy the stupid upside down tomato hanger from the TV spam to grow their cannabis in, thinking it would supercharge the garden, and my reply was that plants don't grow upside down

Are these pics in their own thread due to problems posting in C99 Growoff thread and would you prefer them there?
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

A concrete jungle in Canada - turn left at the lights
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 72/1
    Given: 374/2

Cool

Within a week or two of them growing in vegetative mode (18/6), I switch to 12/12 for clones or seeds when growing sativa dominant strains such as Neville's Haze, Mango Haze, Super Silver Haze, etc. Most of these can flower up to 16+ weeks.

C-99 doesn't need that as it is a fairly fast finisher for a mostly sativa strain.
    Get up, stand up, stand up for your rights
    Get up, stand up, don't give up the fight

Thumbs Up/Down

I dont know yet Superman C, I will have enough time before I need to get the outdoor plants started. So I might just feild the question and ask what kind of contest or whatever, Would everyone like to do or participate in. Mabey same format but different strain. Was thinkin of an Auto competition. Everyone has enough room for 1 auto in there veg chamber so probebly that. An auto grow might be what we need to do to get more growers tryin them. Too soon to say. K.I.M.
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

Heres a shot of my C-99's for this weeks installment. Only took a couple pictures cause I can only take pics with my laptop and its kinda hard to manouver. Last 2 is a shot of the cindys with other plants. Autos and veggin clones. Everything seems to be goin great. All the cindy's look the same in regards to growth 6 of em. So ya everyting is growing great considerin that Im using only Walmart products to grow these out. Will keep yall posted Stay cool K.I.M.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131102223706717.bmp 
Views:	23 
Size:	225.1 KB 
ID:	56340Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131102223701399.bmp 
Views:	25 
ID:	56342Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013110222371632.bmp 
Views:	24 
ID:	56344Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131102223731122.bmp 
ID:	56346Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131102223733726.bmp 
Views:	23 
ID:	56345
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131102223721394.bmp 
ID:	56341   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131102223725171.bmp 
Views:	17 
ID:	56343   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131102223830537.bmp 
Views:	22 
ID:	56347  
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

HA I was thinkin the same thing earlier when I seen them upside down shots. My mother in law has that topsy turvey thing, Never used it but she has it. Also try to keep your weekly updates on the official growoff thread please. Thanks K.I.M.
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Shadimar View Post
    Reminds me of when someone wanted to buy the stupid upside down tomato hanger from the TV spam to grow their cannabis in, thinking it would supercharge the garden, and my reply was that plants don't grow upside down

Are these pics in their own thread due to problems posting in C99 Growoff thread and would you prefer them there?
    I tried to put them in the right thred but as I said I,m a real bad nerd so if you can shad please move them to the correct thread I,d really appreciate it . Thanks Kim I,ll try harder to do that just need some computer training . My daughter had to help me to just get them in the forums ,sorry guys . I,m too old to own a smart phone according to my granddaughter lol . But I try , Oj

Thumbs Up/Down

Thanks for putting my grow in its proper thread. I,m havering some trouble with bra infarcts these days . I will really try to do better in the next grow post . Maybe have to get someone to help with that again . Working on getting enough money to get some kind of camera that will be able to post pics with from my PC but money's title right now. Oj

Thumbs Up/Down

No problem, OddJobbs
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast