Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default Licenced User/Cannabis Resin/Law Infraction - Help Needed Plse

I have been a licensed grower in Canada for a decade or better. Recently I was charged with .5 g of cannabis resin (hashish). The crown has decided they want to go with a "diversion" and have me pay a fine. I am not certain what this means, what the ramifications might be if I were to accept that proposal. I fear that, as a result of the action, the crown may be able to rally Health Canada to revoke my license. If anyone can offer any insight on this for me, it would be greatly appreciated. Further, I am looking for the proper/appropriate file name/number to call upon the case of Mr Renda vs the crown, on a related charge of cannabis resin. Also, I have heard rumor that there was a case in BC that may have relevance/may have set a current precedent that might be helpful. Pray someone in the community can offer insight and/or data to possibly ease my travels through this proceedings.
    Be well
    dd

Founder & Publisher of TY Marco Renda's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 25/0
    Given: 2/0

The charges against me were dropped as part of the plea agreement. The crown didn't want me to defend my use as I was prepared to show the judge how I made my ice water extraction... WATER , ICE , MEDICAL MARIJUANA used are all LEGAL!

Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down

Thank you for the expedient update on that case Marco. I don't know that it will help in my proceedings as it is not bubble. Nonetheless, information is powerful, the sharing always worthwhile, Thank you.
    Peace be
    dd

Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/0
    Given: 1/0

Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down

Dab'r down! Incredible community resource here. It looks like the courts will hear the crown's appeal on Oct 17. It's been a long haul for Owen (Thank you Owen), I hope for us all that the decision stands. This, and a few other cases heard by Justice Robert Johnston, appear to be right on the trail. I've started researching, hope to stay on top of this. Feeling much better, Thank you dabbin.
    Peace be
    dd

420grower

hope things work out for you,and thanks much Marco for chiming in,great to here your case went well also,peace brother

Flowering Member keepitmedicated's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 946/2
    Given: 2,110/4

That would have been great to see. Someone showin up with a bucket of water and a shit load of ice and start to make it right in court. Would have been priceless.
    HARMONY..
    When we lose the right to be different
    We lose the privilage to be free
    Nelson Mandela

Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/0
    Given: 1/0

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Dab'r down! Incredible community resource here. It looks like the courts will hear the crown's appeal on Oct 17. It's been a long haul for Owen (Thank you Owen), I hope for us all that the decision stands. This, and a few other cases heard by Justice Robert Johnston, appear to be right on the trail. I've started researching, hope to stay on top of this. Feeling much better, Thank you dabbin.
    Peace be
    dd
    On your diversion offer, although like the article states talking to a lawyer is the best thing to do in many cases -

http://criminallawyerintoronto.blogspot.ca/2009/07/what-is-diversion-and-and-i-eligible-to.html

Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down

Dabbin,
    Again, a very relevant and extremely helpful bit of info. Thank you for the link brother.
    dd