Thread: Too sticky?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 266/0
    Given: 68/1

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default Too sticky?

Just brought in my indoor Cannatonic grow. These were grown from clones taken from an outstanding plant in an earlier grow. I tried to SCROG, in the hopes of getting an even canopy of colas. Alas this was not to be. Plenty of branching, but very few colas. The saving grace is that the bud is the stickiest I've ever seen.

Usually, I'll dry by hanging branches and place the smaller bud in drying racks. The bud that's in racks is so sticky it's clumping. Just handling the cut branches necessitates a butter or Horticol wash; if i don't take cleaning breaks while trimming, my fingers stick together. There's finger hash, as well as what kooks like very thick hash oil taken from trimming equipment.

Anyone else had this happen; and, if so, how did you dry it? I'm worried that the bud in the racks will rot, if there's not enough air flow.

On a separate note, possible causes for poor cola development may have been:

• clones were taken from a revegged plant, as prior to flower it had been the runt of the litter (thanks to MNT for raising this)
    • indoor summer grow, wide temp swing and higher humidity during flower
    • strain may not have liked being topped to maximise branching
    Last edited by airedog; 10-03-2013 at 12:43 PM.

420grower

I have trimmed lots of cannabis,and that is very special,just keep plenty of air flow,and I will say this,I have always dried in my grow room,where air flow is good,and temps consistent,and lines can be placed above lights,has always worked,and soon even before plants find there way into my flower room,cannabis will be curing,lol,paper bags work great for that wet pop corn,they don't soak up oil,but do keep temps up,peace brother,love to trade later,I am on a CBD candy kick,love some high powered cannatonic,I am cracking 6 this week,but I know a guy harvesting some killer Mr Nice Devil in a couple weeks,lol.

Thumbs Up/Down

Shoulda been more clear, while there is popcorn there's also lots of dense, sticky bud. Just no 18" colas like the mother had; fist sized is probably my largest. Lots of bud from what look like secondary branches as well. I had a large cookie sheet basically slide off as one large mass. When i shook the Quick Cure trays, the bud moved as clumps rather than individual buds. Even small trimmed colas or branches placed on a tray stick together.

The other query i have has to do with working with wet trim. Is there anything special i have to do to make hash? Putting it in a freezer for a tad over an hour and using a pollinator dry sift machine gave me less than a gram; I got more off my scissors and the Trimbox grate.

420grower

I cure all of my trim before I make anything from it,dry it well,then freeze it brother,you'll find it will let those triches go quite easy then,peace

Thumbs Up/Down

Thanks 4:20.

Usually only trim large leaves then dry and finish up. Between the Trimbox and funky buds this is the first time I've trimmed fresh.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Flowering Member keepitmedicated's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 946/2
    Given: 2,110/4

Never thought of curing my trim before makin stuff with them. Great idea I have it frozen right now and will def cure it before making my wife some Tintcure. Will that help the final result? Was going to use Vodka with the trim in a jar on top of my hotwater tank till the new years eve. Hows that sound? Never made that before.
    HARMONY..
    When we lose the right to be different
    We lose the privilage to be free
    Nelson Mandela