Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default looking to update some stuff.

I'm not well versed on what is out and new so im looking for some help in updating/upgrading or starting my savings fund for these updates.

currently using and the stuff in () are the things i want to upgrade to if known and if not known but looking for suggestions i will put (???) i've been out of the tech loop for a bit.

i need to update my tents i have 2 tents one that is 2'x2'x6.5' and a 3'x3'x7' they are a growtechs and are falling apart so i am looking to upgrade to something a little more sturdy. this is first on my list as it is most important and the other stuff i can save for (i am looking at the Secret jarden darkrooms, but any other thoughts are welcomed, i want to shrink my veg tent to one of those 1.5'x1.5 or 2'x2' short tents to be more efficient and give a little room to expand to 3 tents one for flower solely and two of the small ones one for veg and flowering autos then the other one for veg.)

400w light and hood with electronic ballast (LED lighting would like something comparable to a 600w or 1000w also would like some uv lighting to put in for supplemental but no idea of brands or what is best)

a couple of fans (id like to upgrade to a dedicated intake and/or exhaust setup again not sure what is ideal and should i run a passive set up or ?) i am not sure what is the best CFM also i know there are a few different styles of fans that work for intake and exhaust im just not sure what is better as i have always just used internal fans that i will keep but get some smaller circulation fans.

also really need to pick up a charcoal filter things got really smelly last round i ran last year, and i cant have that happening again so i have seen a few DIY projects and have an option to get bulk activated carbon, but i dont know if the cost saved is worth it over buying one.

so my final goal is to have new tents and running LED lighting with a basic intake or exhaust system setup with either a passive or active setup i really didnt have to worry about filtration and running dedicated intake or exhaust but now i want more space where my fans are and be more efficient with my setup.

i am sure there are some things im forgetting but right now that is what i am thinking about and have planned

and if i can get two smaller tents i can increase the size of my flower tent to 4'x4' i cant go much bigger since i dont have a ton of room and i am limited to a plant count.

thanks for any input and helping me slowly peace meal my perfect and ideal tent setup together.

cheers and keep the green thumb doing its thing.
    "Don't excuse yourself from life today on the pretense of your past. You're hurt you're broken, that's alright."

HBMT
    "if it were not for the bad times, the good times would go un-noticed"

on death and dying!
    "the loss is ours, not theirs, and we can face it as we wish!"

-Steve & Dana

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 884/0
    Given: 478/1

www.htgsupply.com

I suggest you check the above for tents, filter combos etc.

LEDs are still not quite there yet in terms of the "HID killers" they were claimed to be a decade ago but we could be around the ehm, 'roughly equal for much more money' level range about now.

That doesn't mean they all don't work, it just means you won't find reasonable LED grow lights at your local wallyworld in the near future.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down

i need something with less power consumption and heat so i can work in the summer months as i cannot do outside period and i am to broken to even think about going guerilla.

i will definitely check out that site and i understand that leds arent where they need to be but hands down they are better now then they were when they first became popular 3 or 4 years ago that brought them to the mainstream.

thanks again shad! but do you have any brands you recommend or maybe some thoughts on some other things that might be worth looking at?

- - - Updated - - -

this looks awesome for stacking the full cycle auto tent and the veg tent. http://www.htgsupply.com/Product-Agr....75x78.75).asp
    "Don't excuse yourself from life today on the pretense of your past. You're hurt you're broken, that's alright."

HBMT

on death and dying!

-Steve & Dana

Thumbs Up/Down

i cant even begin to afford this but wow it looks really nice with UVB bulbs and one unit that will cover veg and bloom, its the only one that is using 5w chipsets

http://www.californialightworks.com/...SolarStorm.htm

and here is a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ky4hnRaUoUs

if anyone is thinking of purchasing there is a 5% off coupon CLW5off

HBMT

on death and dying!

-Steve & Dana

420grower

Like Shad I thought LED was just not quite there,lol,then I found kushington farms in michigan,they are commercial growers that use LED's.These lights are manufactured by Lush lighting,they are out of my price range,but like my T-5 floro's they are kicking some cannabis ass,lol,
    I am so glad to see the snafu back,I hope all is well brother,pm me,peace