Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 315/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default Dr. Sanjay Gupta -- Weed

I found the "Weed" documentary by Dr. Sanjay Gupta to be insightful, informative, and balanced.

Some in the community have condemned it for saying that 9% of cannabis users can become addicted; I think it's only fair to admit that any psychoactive substance could be addictive for those vulnerable to addictions.

I'll be seeking out a high CBD strain to try myself. Migraines are related to epilepsy. They're essentially seizures of the blood vessels, which cause the blood vessels to apply pressure to the surrounding neurons, which is related to the symptoms of a migraine -- pain, auras, light/sound/odour sensitivity, and nausea.

I do not fail -- I succeed at finding out what does not work.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 211/0
    Given: 1/0

There's no shortage of high CBD strains in the past year my friend, I am sure you don't need any recommendations. Good luck and let us know how it works out
    Currently hording the following elite genetics;

Grape Escape x Afghani Kush, Iranian Land Race x Pre-98 Bubba Kush, Florida Skunk Ape x Purple Kush, Green Crack BX, Grape Escape x Green Crack.
    Tranquil Elephantizer, Blue Dream Lotus, Orange SunShine.
    OG Ghost Train haze #1.
    Blue Cheese.
    MK Ultra, The Hog, Wreckage.
    Nevilles Haze, Critical Mass, SSH, Black Widow, Shark Shock, Medicine Man, G13 Widow, Ortega, Angels Breath.
    Petrolia Head Stash, Willie Nelson, Golden Temple Kush.

420grower

as a medible maker were also trying high CBD strains in our products,most older folk don't wan't to smoke
    overall we thought the show was great,but they forgot that THC has been shown to shrink cancer tumors,peace all

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 658/0
    Given: 667/1

I seen this last night on tnn,,The 5 yr old that got treated with marijuana and now doesn't have seziors was remarkable..
    Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightToker View Post
    There's no shortage of high CBD strains in the past year my friend, I am sure you don't need any recommendations. Good luck and let us know how it works out
    could surely use some ideas on the best high cbd strains
    "Don't excuse yourself from life today on the pretense of your past. You're hurt you're broken, that's alright."

HBMT
    "if it were not for the bad times, the good times would go un-noticed"

on death and dying!
    "the loss is ours, not theirs, and we can face it as we wish!"

-Steve & Dana

Thumbs Up/Down

The only strain I've been told is high CBD so far is Black Domina.

Even if I did know of others, it would be good to let others know of high CBD strains instead of keeping the knowledge secret.

Thumbs Up/Down

I do know that CBD is increased with a late harvested crop that has a lot of dark trichs. THC levels suffer if taken very late, but CBD is boosted.

Personally I used to find the best medical effects with trich levels of 25% cloudy, 50% amber, and 25% dark. Such harvests tended towards couch lock, which is a sign of the high CBD content. I tried taking one batch to 50% dark, but found that the THC levels that provided my pain relief were too low. The CBD seems to be involved in the other symptoms of controlling a migraine, but THC gives the pain relief.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

I think you mean CBN - Cannabinol, a THC breakdown product (particularly after exposure to heat and light over time) that causes sedation among other effects.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down

thanks for clearing that up Shad i was about to post up that same thing but i read ahead first since i have been late to the show more then a few times and offered advice or gave some info that has already been covered (generally to beaten to a pulp but this one was one i got early to just not early enough haha)
    "Don't excuse yourself from life today on the pretense of your past. You're hurt you're broken, that's alright."

HBMT

on death and dying!

-Steve & Dana

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by groo View Post
    Personally I used to find the best medical effects with trich levels of 25% cloudy, 50% amber, and 25% dark. Such harvests tended towards couch lock, which is a sign of the high CBD content. I tried taking one batch to 50% dark, but found that the THC levels that provided my pain relief were too low. The CBD seems to be involved in the other symptoms of controlling a migraine, but THC gives the pain relief.
    the best medinical point for the cannabis plant is when its full mature (not just looking at trichomes but looking at the totally plant to make sure that everything is in order and ready to give up its life to help heal anothers). the trichomes are only one sign that a cannabis plant is heading into harvest, there are other pointers as well like the pistils (haris that start off white) are changing colors and crinkling, you flowers stopping gaining girth, length and weight (this is hard unless you know the strain very well), these and other signs are all ones that point to maturity and should be used in conjunction with one another for an over all plant maturity scale, trichomes are the best way for a new strain but once you start learning your strain you begin to see more signs that can be useful to help take a plant to the most medicinal state for the best return on your harvest.

and i dont know if that is how pain relief breaks down. i believe its the CBD that give the most pain relief as THC generally goes down with more increased CBD and so you can smoke (or other form of intake) a lot of the CBD rich plant and not actually get high but gain the mighty pain relief and other benefits of the CBD (hence why i am really hunting for a super CBD plant to help kick my chronic pain in the rear!)

but you are right that the change as the plant matures and at each stage of the trichome cycle you will find that the effects are totally different so much so that you can find an indica with clear or cloudy trichomes to be a really heady high and a sativa with mostly amber trichomes to be couch locky, so basically you can change a strains effect based on maturity .

now i am not certain if the CBN is what causes couch lock and munchies, but i do know that like shad said it is present as the plant goes past maturity (or maybe just a given stage on the way to proper maturity) and gains more % as you get to or go past maturity.

if anything is wrong here i am game to learn and if so please correct my thinking, thanks.

HBMT

on death and dying!

-Steve & Dana

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Shadimar View Post
    I think you mean CBN - Cannabinol, a THC breakdown product (particularly after exposure to heat and light over time) that causes sedation among other effects.
    Good to know. I thought it broke down into CBD.

But yes, it's very effective for migraines.

As to harvest time, I've always gone by trichs, regardless of whether I "know" a strain or not. Were I to wait for the pistils to turn colours, it would often have been over-ripe and would have lost potency. They often *did* turn colours by that time, but I didn't take it as an indicator.

After all, it's not very hard to use a hand-held microscope.

One thing I did learn during my growing years is you could not count on the calendar to determine harvest time. Even with strains I'd grown for a year or so (4-5 cycles), each harvest came off at a different time. I just used the calendar as a guide as to when to start checking the trichs.

But to each their own.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 564/0
    Given: 1,294/1

im glad that little girl can live her life now ..... it amazing what a plant can do

- - - Updated - - -

im glad that little girl can live her life now ..... it amazing what a plant can do

Thumbs Up/Down

One thing to be wary about if attempting to gauge harvest time by pistil colour is that they will also change if physically 'abused' by fans or growers, in particular it can be easy to notice if a plant is brushing against or leaning against a wall.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down

i think i said that it was a combo of things and those were all signs that point to maturity but one alone isnt always the best litmus test on maturity. but each together points to full maturity.

sorry for the confusion

HBMT

on death and dying!

-Steve & Dana

Thumbs Up/Down

I was more replying to groo's post about the pistils because it's easy to change them early if you simply rough up the plant.

I should have quoted.

♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Thumbs Up/Down

Is there any way to resume the CBN conversion process with bud that was harvested too early, such as dampening the buds (not wetting) and putting them in jars?

Thumbs Up/Down

I don't think you're going to get amber trichs, technically you can degrade the bud but..
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Thumbs Up/Down

What I'm after is a way to mature the clear trichs to milky or amber. Early harvests can aggravate my migraines, and I'd rather not have to throw away meds if the problem is that they were harvested too early.