Thread: 5 gal bush

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 564/0
    Given: 1,294/1

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default 5 gal bush

ok i want to grow a good size bush with my 5gal smart pots. my question is when should i put them in the 5 gal smart pots? ... i was going to veg 60 days flower 60 days... i was thanking half gal veg 3 weeks than transplant into 2gal smart pots then veg 4 week then transplant in to the 5 gal veg 1 more week so root to take then flower it.. or should i cut the 2 gal smart pot out of it and put them in the 5 gal about 4 week of veg and let them veg a nother 4 weeks in the 5 gal be for flowering it?

Flowering Member keepitmedicated's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 946/2
    Given: 2,110/4

I would personally just go with the 5er. That way the roots can grow to wherever they want with no impeding. You will get faster growth that way and growin a bush you will have to do a lot of training and topping/fimming. Better to not have any transplanting, any time you are able to use the bigger pots than go with it unless you are going to sex it first then you wont have to waste any good soil. Thats what I would do. Hope it helps. K.I.M.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

Plants benefit from potting up one step at a time, otherwise they would simply send roots to the bottom and then sides whereas by potting up you can form a solid mass of roots and a much larger plant than would have grown had you simply germinated a seed in a large pot.

8 weeks in the 5 gallon?
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Epic Genetics

Quote Originally Posted by keepitmedicated View Post
    I would personally just go with the 5er. That way the roots can grow to wherever they want with no impeding. You will get faster growth that way and growin a bush you will have to do a lot of training and topping/fimming. Better to not have any transplanting, any time you are able to use the bigger pots than go with it unless you are going to sex it first then you wont have to waste any good soil. Thats what I would do. Hope it helps. K.I.M.
    no no no, bad advice

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadimar View Post
    Plants benefit from potting up one step at a time, otherwise they would simply send roots to the bottom and then sides whereas by potting up you can form a solid mass of roots and a much larger plant than would have grown had you simply germinated a seed in a large pot.

8 weeks in the 5 gallon?
    there ya go, thats what we wanna see

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 564/0
    Given: 1,294/1

Plants benefit from potting up one step at a time, otherwise they would simply send roots to the bottom and then sides whereas by potting up you can form a solid mass of roots and a much larger plant than would have grown had you simply germinated a seed in a large pot.8 weeks in the 5 gallon?
    im thanking 9 weeks in 5 gallon ... a week more veg after transplant then 8 weeks flowering.

420grower

you can start from a five,but I like to transplant at least twice,it gives you the chance to check out the roots,root prune if necessary,you decide,peace

Embryo

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0
    Given: 7/0

Yes transplant twice, the middle pot helps build a big solid root ball. Think of it like a pyramid, you need a solid base . That root ball is the base, transplant that into the 5 gal after about a week or so when there is a good amounts of roots around that middle pot.

Embryo

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 19/0
    Given: 0/1

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

8 weeks in the 5 gallon?
    Every experienced gardener will strongly agree here.

When I see all those pictures of little seedlings buried and drowning in 5 gallon cans I am not sure should I cry or laugh .....

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 206/0
    Given: 691/1

good advice guys
    and i was going to put a bunch right in 5gal pots hummm
    guss ill start in solo cups first
    thanks 4 ansorin his ? and helpin me at the same time
    lol

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 94/1