Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 564/0
    Given: 1,294/1

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

cool brother i would like to see how your alien kush x c-99 compers as well and thanks for the luck idk about everyone but i will need it to win lol
    “The legalization of marijuana is not a dangerous experiment – the prohibition is the experiment, and it has failed dramatically, with millions of victims all around the world.”
    Sebastian Marincolo

Epic Genetics

Quote Originally Posted by keepitmedicated View Post
    Skunk its not too late, You just are not able to veg for too long. Grow some shorter plants thats all Im gonna do. They say that this strain stretches more than double once flowered. Im veggin 25-30 days myself, Dont give up on us yet.
    they also advise this strain being vegged for 60 or maybe it says 65 days to bring out its full potential, thats the main reason i didnt join in, i cant see myself giving a plant the short end of the stick

still gunna be nice watchin you all though

Flowering Member keepitmedicated's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 946/2
    Given: 2,110/4

Epic, MJ said that he prefers 30 days for veg, and would be good enough. He also said he is partial to short plants. If they are going to stretch as much as people say and anything that ive tried from MJ. I wont have enough room for any longer. 26 days veg had some of the NS, SB and Tx NL almost touching the top of my box with a screen. K.I.M.
    HARMONY..
    When we lose the right to be different
    We lose the privilage to be free
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 884/0
    Given: 479/1

If they look like they're rocketing up too far too fast for you, you can try rolling the stem in your fingers to break the inner fibers and divert a bit of energy into fattening up the stalk as she'll do in the repair.

Plus there's always low and high stress training, which I've come to prefer over topping.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 564/0
    Given: 1,294/1

i used to lst all the time loved it but been trying out uncle ben topping. i thank topping has a longer recovery time then lst ... im going to run a side by side soon to find out hey k.i.m. have you ever scrog then hole plant down were only the buds are the olny thing come throw the net or do you run out of room?
    “The legalization of marijuana is not a dangerous experiment – the prohibition is the experiment, and it has failed dramatically, with millions of victims all around the world.”
    Sebastian Marincolo

Thumbs Up/Down

I like it to have only buds coming out of the net. Dont like it when the branches grow too tall threw the net. This Peak run I finished caught me by suprise by how much they stretched. Gonna be ready for the Cindy stretch. Just looks tidier when only the canopy's flowers are above the net. K.I.M.
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 367/0
    Given: 254/0

Typically I have been shooting for a height of about 18 inches before flipping. I've been using that as a rule of thumb.
    I wish it was bong time

I'm up to 15 strains, and lovin' it:

1. Black Diamond OG Kush
    2. Cannatonic
    3. Purple Kush
    . Hippie Headband (2 phenotypes but not sure what to label them)
    5. Skunk Berry (both Skunk and Blueberry phenotypes)
    6. LA Confidential
    7. OG Kush
    8. Rockstar
    9. OG Ghost Train x Haze #1
    10. Sunshine Daydream
    11. Temple
    12. Pure Kush X Uzbek Hash
    13. C99
    14. Purps
    15. Rockstar Kush

Epic Genetics

Quote Originally Posted by keepitmedicated View Post
    Epic, MJ said that he prefers 30 days for veg, and would be good enough. He also said he is partial to short plants. If they are going to stretch as much as people say and anything that ive tried from MJ. I wont have enough room for any longer. 26 days veg had some of the NS, SB and Tx NL almost touching the top of my box with a screen. K.I.M.
    yeah its growers choice forsure, i was going by the descriptions/time given buy the person mj got them from and from my own experiences growing many many c99's from seed and clone

i love how well they do given the time to mature before flowering, notice such an overall improvement in not just yeild but quality as well, ive noticed it with all the sativa and sativa dom strains i have grown, be it the seed plant/mom or her clones, the older the plant before flowering the better the quality, its something i dont really see with indica or indica dom plants

i grew a Thai haze X sk#1 from sam the skunk man that wasnt impressive at all, i flowered the seed plant and kept a clone as a possible mother plant, the original seed plant grew enormouse as any Thai plant should, but the quality sucked, i therefor flowered the clone wich was massive now being that the seed plant flowered for 16 weeks/4 months

the clone plants quality was sooooo much better the the original plant i had to reveg it, as time went by every generation of clones seemed to produce a better quality end product, i swear it wasnt because i was dialing in the strain, i didnt change anything from clone to clone/grow to grow, the only thing i could figure out was age/maturity helped greatly

and ive noticed all of this throuout my time growing c99 as well and as well as other pure sativa strains since, this is why i say i couldnt be involved, purely my opinion/experience and choice, not something im trying to force on you or others, but hopefully you all keep clones anyway and get the maturity bennefit at a later grow

best of luck everyone and peace

edit , scratch that, they said 6 weeks not 60 days
    Last edited by Epic Genetics; 10-09-2013 at 11:27 PM.

Thumbs Up/Down

Oh for sure I get it, Most things are better in time. Allowing it to be at its fullest potential before flowers are made. I truly do appreciate your advice, years of experiance hands on is invaluable to me. Ive only been growin seriously for 2 1/2 yrs so still learnin. Thanks Epic man.
    HARMONY..
    Nelson Mandela

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011