Thread: 24h veg?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 564/0
    Given: 1,294/1

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default 24h veg?

im vegging 18/6 now under 6 4foot t8... if i veg 24h would i get more growth ...

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 35/0
    Given: 62/0

nope you would fuck with the photosynthesis people claim it grows better but name a place in earth where plants get 24 hr sunlight ?
    "The ultimate goal of farming is not the growing of crops, but the cultivation and perfection of human beings."

-Masanobu Fukuoka -

Epic Genetics

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Valentin View Post
    nope you would fuck with the photosynthesis people claim it grows better but name a place in earth where plants get 24 hr sunlight ?
    you dont think "some" things can be improved on ? the world in general isnt supossed to be 24 hour daylight, sacrifices had to be made, maybe one was not letting plants get enough light during the veg season

try it L.F see if you like it or not, then please do come back n tell us your results

i veg 24 but i do it because i have 2 flowering rooms and i dont want the lights out time different then either flowering room, i dont wanna confuse the plants inner clock once flipped

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Valentin View Post
    name a place in earth where plants get 24 hr sunlight ?
    The Poles in their respective summers.

Greenhouse required, of course.

Your hypothesis is likely based on the idea that darkness must be good (not simply just a cessation of energy input) or maybe even based on the less efficient carbon cycles which cannabis does not use and other plants do.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 35/0
    Given: 62/0

It might work better as she is a c3 carbon fixating plant but i wonder if the energy spent is worth the yield.

I dont have the space to try it out but when i do i might give it a go meanwhile i'll follow my instinct and go with the less energy consuming method.
    "The ultimate goal of farming is not the growing of crops, but the cultivation and perfection of human beings."

-Masanobu Fukuoka -

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 94/1
    Given: 8/0

I dono,,, either,,,, I've tried both,,
    I run 12/1/12 veg now just to keep in sink with the flower rooms,,
    and save a lil energy,,
    I think what matters most in the plant life is emergence ( from seed)
    and transition to flower,,, must be kept stress free,,,
    to get the best yield and maturity ,,, stress fks up everything,,,,
    what ever ya do,,, do it religiously ,,, the plant will adapt,,,,

Thumbs Up/Down

I veg under a 60us pulsar, My seedlings are 50 billion days old already but not very big
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Flowering Member keepitmedicated's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 946/2
    Given: 2,110/4

I really think that the plants need the dark period to rest and allow the roots to have a bit of a slow period to grow or store the sugars that the plant makes. I might be wrong thoght but everything on this planted needs a rest period everyday just to keep healthy. If you do that and it works fine with the final product let us know. Ive read that many growers especially Automatic growers go with 24 hr light from start to finish.

Embryo

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 19/0
    Given: 0/1

I am not expert on cannabis (yet), but after 29 years gardening ups and downs I would not put any plant under 24 hrs lights. Plants are live beings and they need a rest too, as nature dictates.
    Extensive greed never pays up.

Thumbs Up/Down

Your heart beats and your lungs take breathes and yet a heart-lung machine need not concern itself with either, only maintenance of flow and gas exchange.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 315/0

Those of you who think 24/0 would result in healthy plant growth need to pick up a Grade 12 biology textbook and read up on how plants function. They *need* at least *some* dark cycle for healthy growth. I don't remember the technical terms for the cycles, but I *do* remember reading about them 30+ years ago.

You want *healthy* plants, not just big ones.
    I do not fail -- I succeed at finding out what does not work.

Thumbs Up/Down

Scroll up, groo. There are multiple forms of carbon fixation, the more primitive ones require a dark phase.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 564/0
    Given: 1,294/1

im going to run 24h see how it does i let you guys no what i thank i a few weeks ... i ben running 18/6 so long i should see if its grows faster or slower

- - - Updated - - -

im going to run 24h see how it does i let you guys no what i thank i a few weeks ... i ben running 18/6 so long i should see if its grows faster or slower

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 50/0
    Given: 5/0

I've run multiple diff light cycles (24/0, 18/6, & 15/9). And more or less its all just a trade off between time, space, and elec. bill.
    What u will see however when vegging for 24 hrs is that your plants become over sensitive to flower transition later on in life. So I never run my mother plants for 24 hrs

Epic Genetics

Quote Originally Posted by groo View Post
    Those of you who think 24/0 would result in healthy plant growth need to pick up a Grade 12 biology textbook and read up on how plants function. They *need* at least *some* dark cycle for healthy growth. I don't remember the technical terms for the cycles, but I *do* remember reading about them 30+ years ago.

You want *healthy* plants, not just big ones.
    and that was a pot plant you were reading about ?

i think not

there are different catagories for plants and "some" react and have needs that are quite different from others, certain plants do not require darkness to accomplish anything and infact do accomplish everything they do under 24 hrs light

read a modern book that isnt 30 years old and you will see what i mean

i also mean all this in a possitive way

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schmade420 View Post
    I've run multiple diff light cycles (24/0, 18/6, & 15/9). And more or less its all just a trade off between time, space, and elec. bill.
    What u will see however when vegging for 24 hrs is that your plants become over sensitive to flower transition later on in life. So I never run my mother plants for 24 hrs
    huh ive had 5 year old mother plants that never seen anything other then 24/0

care to explain this in more detail

thanx in advance

Thumbs Up/Down

Well, it *was* only basic plant biology in the text, not university level stuff. But I do remember it discussing some sort of plant activity during the dark that was important to growth.

Aside from that, the only place I know of that gets 24 hour light is the far north, and the rudderalis plants from up there are awfully small, so I really have to question whether 24 hours is good for them. I've always been paranoid about stress and hermies.

Thumbs Up/Down

Antarctica as well, the south has a summer too ya friggin hemispherist

Those Penguins have couchlock*, too bad munchies are 75 miles away

* Note: This part is BS.

Some less effective forms of carbon fixation take place during night while sugar building will occur during the day and respiration takes place continuously. Cannabis is not once of these species.
    Last edited by Shadimar; 07-21-2013 at 03:34 PM.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

420grower

well I have seen cannabis grown all over the world,and in alaska where 23/1 happens huge plants grow,BUT mostly vegetables,lol,cannabis does extremely well also,Just remember all,this is an annual,lol,sometimes indoor growing makes us forget the simple things,peace

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Shadimar View Post
    Antarctica as well, the south has a summer too ya friggin hemispherist
    The Great White North Rules!!!!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 50/0
    Given: 5/0

Quote Originally Posted by Epic Genetics View Post

huh ive had 5 year old mother plants that never seen anything other then 24/0

care to explain this in more detail

thanx in advance
    All I could say is that it was the genetics. Not all mothers exibited, but 2 in particular. Also I enjoy an outdoor crop here and there. And with that in mind the clones taken from my 24hr mothers would not take outdoors. (Instantly flowered)

Epic Genetics

Quote Originally Posted by schmade420 View Post
    All I could say is that it was the genetics. Not all mothers exibited, but 2 in particular. Also I enjoy an outdoor crop here and there. And with that in mind the clones taken from my 24hr mothers would not take outdoors. (Instantly flowered)
    ahh, i see what you are saying, and yeah that would suck, once had an early queen mom who's clones looked to be in full flower within 3 days after going 12/12, great indoors if they get the 24 hr veg for a few weeks, would suck outdoors if they didnt veg, that EQ is the only plant ive had that did that though, and ive done countless strains

420grower

any plant can be kept as a house plant,but I would much rather backcross a great strain and plant seed,we have gone way overboard due to plant counts and room size.Cloning back in the day was a way to make cash,throw 12 clones in a system,12/12 them and buds a coming,cloning has become the only way most can grow,lol,common sense and real growing skills have been put aside for some reason,Plant knowledge is king in the cannabis industry,christ I saw that women from mothers for medical MJ on tv last week,she was saying she was paid 500 an hour for her expert growing skills,lol,I and many here have been working this plant longer then she has been on this earth,lol,
    you want to really test your skills,do an outdoor grow,mother nature will test you well,peace all