Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Red face Glad this is finally here!

I requested this section before I had my absence and am really glad to see it here upon my return! Thanks guys! Hoping to talk to some other people dealing with this disease! My wife has been dealing with Crohn's disease since 2005 and recently started remicade infusion treatment! well gotta run but lets talk soon!
    I am currently collecting rain water! If you would like to collect please see your local sky for details!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0
    Given: 1/0

I have Chron's and have since late 1995 and have had 6 resections and have less bowels than the bare minimum, but I do not want to be bagged so I try and deal with it as best as I can. Have been on Remicade infusions for about 8 months now and I don't think it is doing anything for me. Am on fentanyl patches 50ug/hour changed every 2 days and it helps a lot to take the pain away, but it doesn't take it all and haven't had a day without pain since I got this disease and you get tired of dealing with it all the time.

Last edited by Shadimar; 11-14-2013 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Changed milligram to microgram notation

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 35/0
    Given: 62/0

my sister was diagnosed with crohn's a couple of years ago but she didn't have anything.. (stupid doctors) since i kinda know what you guys go through each day.

Life its a hard fight and you guys are real warriors keep it up !!

“The demon that you can swallow gives you it’s power, and the greater life’s pain, the greater life’s reply.”
    Joseph Campbell
    "The ultimate goal of farming is not the growing of crops, but the cultivation and perfection of human beings."

-Masanobu Fukuoka -

Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 8/0

Sorry to hear you are having to live with this - constant pain wears you down.

Have you found that CBD strains, or any strain for that matter. help with the symptoms of Crohn's? Genuinely interested.

Thumbs Up/Down

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Pain is pain and I won't say you get used to it, but you can sort of tune it out at times if you are lucky. When it gets bad tho it is BAD and sometimes I want to take a steak knife and cut my bowels out I can't take it no more. I found my R.I.P cross really helped back then, but now I find mainly Sativa's do the trick for me especially ones that have a heavy stone or couch lock. I actually find it uplifting because it helps to take away a lot of the pain (unless it's bad then NOTHING DOES) and since the pain is decreased my depression is better and so instead of a couch lock I find it acts more like an Indica uplifting and head high cause of it. It also makes me more hungry and I do eat more and for those that have this disease you know what goes in has to come out and that is where the problems are. I can tell exactly where everything is cause I can feel it going through me kind of funny tho.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 50/0
    Given: 5/0

My stepmother has suffered from Chrons disease fo 20+ yrs and for 90% of this time suffered constantly. Had multiple surgeries. Finally 2 yrs ago the doc pretty much said nothing medical was going to help her. Leaving the exam room he said in a last ditch advice effort to start eating grapefruit for breakfast and boiled down spinach for lunch every day. Within 2 months of doing this 95% of her symptoms disappeared. Everyone is diff. but its worth a try.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 542/2
    Given: 358/1

I have a couple friends with it, it is not a forgiving disease. Glad everyone can utilize this section.

I will be adding more as I think of them or they are requested.

LT

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,036/0
    Given: 1,031/0

My wife`s brother was recently diagnosed with chrons but tells her it`s all good meds have it under control. Are there different types or is he being totally honest. My wife has cancer and I was thinking he doesn`t want her to worry but he`s also my friend and I`m concerned
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    I return to the earth and I am embraced.I am Cannabis
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

I have had this since 1995 and have yet to find anything that brought this "under control" so to say, you have good days you have more bad days at least for me anyways and have been on all kinds of drugs (medical) to try and control it or the pain with limited luck. You can have it and it be in remission and it doesn't bother you, but I find stress brings it out more than anything and if his sister, your wife has cancer that would be stressful and I am sure it would bother him with my experiences anyways. Sorry to hear about your wife nohibition I know what it's like.

Thumbs Up/Down

Thanx WWWeedJust heard all the bad stuff about Chrons and I wanted to know if he was going through something like that. He calls her every Sunday to give her his support wondering if "he needed some"
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

I have osteo arth and I tell people that MM doesn`t take my pain away it makes it considerably more manageable. Is this the case with chrons , are there other benefits as well?
    Nohibition