Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,036/0
    Given: 1,031/0

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I decided to go back and read this entire thread from the start and I think that everything has been touched on. What's left to do?
    For starters everyone should sign up with John Conroy and his band of brothers.
    I live in a small community in Manitoba and "everyone" who knows me knows I am an advocate of MM. It's a big gamble but I really don't give a fiddlers fuck what people think. My attitude is that I'm sick of listening to ignorant people spout off their bullshit for other ignorant people to repeat as gospel.

When I'm in the local store I make sure I start a conversation about Mamma's cancer and how MM is helping her, especially if it's busy. I speak out at Cancer Care to other patients, in the Cancer Care shuttle...just give me an opportunity. I never say marijuana, I say Medical Cannabis and once the conversation has developed I let them know what Medical Cannabis is. I let people know that you don't have to smoke cannabis, if you choose not to.
    I tell them that after 5 1/2 weeks of Chemo/RT my wife has "gained weight" she still has her hair, she has very little pain, almost no nausea.
    Then I tell them about what the turds in Ottawa are doing to make sure that "they" can't afford access to what will soon be legal medicine...I try to make them as pissed off as we are.

I carry my soap box with me everywhere. "It's what I can do"
    Note: I now know at least 30 other people in my area who smoke and some of them grow for medical reasons...they're scared to speak up. That is what we have to defeat. Everyone is scared. Fuck that shit batman. I'm legal, at least for the short term and I'm fed up with this crap.

Come get me boss hog.
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    I return to the earth and I am embraced.I am Cannabis
    Nohibition

Epic Genetics

Quote Originally Posted by nohibition View Post
    I decided to go back and read this entire thread from the start and I think that everything has been touched on. What's left to do?
    For starters everyone should sign up with John Conroy and his band of brothers.
    I live in a small community in Manitoba and "everyone" who knows me knows I am an advocate of MM. It's a big gamble but I really don't give a fiddlers fuck what people think. My attitude is that I'm sick of listening to ignorant people spout off their bullshit for other ignorant people to repeat as gospel.

When I'm in the local store I make sure I start a conversation about Mamma's cancer and how MM is helping her, especially if it's busy. I speak out at Cancer Care to other patients, in the Cancer Care shuttle...just give me an opportunity. I never say marijuana, I say Medical Cannabis and once the conversation has developed I let them know what Medical Cannabis is. I let people know that you don't have to smoke cannabis, if you choose not to.
    I tell them that after 5 1/2 weeks of Chemo/RT my wife has "gained weight" she still has her hair, she has very little pain, almost no nausea.
    Then I tell them about what the turds in Ottawa are doing to make sure that "they" can't afford access to what will soon be legal medicine...I try to make them as pissed off as we are.

I carry my soap box with me everywhere. "It's what I can do"
    Note: I now know at least 30 other people in my area who smoke and some of them grow for medical reasons...they're scared to speak up. That is what we have to defeat. Everyone is scared. Fuck that shit batman. I'm legal, at least for the short term and I'm fed up with this crap.

Come get me boss hog.
    + rep

Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 16/1

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

So now as we approach April 1 (2014) I am starting to wonder about licensed growers who are trying to get their plants in under the wire, and wonder what the police are supposed to do about people who have enough stockpiled to last them a few years until someone sensible gets in power, or a sensible private bill is passed.

I was thinking about the logistics of Fill The Hill for the month of April. Personally, I concur with the Green Party and decriminalizing cannabis would help the smaller farmer wanting to grow hemp (you need 10 acres, a yearly license, and can't live near a day care, school, soccer field, or anywhere else kids frequent). Many rural farmers in QC don't have that much land to rotate, and they could sure use the cash from mj no doubt.

With the Harper licensing approach, I see genetically modified and mutagenseis on the horizon: I would hate to see a potential hemp markey trashed like the flax market (which is banned in Europe due to a 1/10,000 seed Triffid contamination along with our corn and no doubt some other products), or, for that matter, someone sick and trying to medicate with mj getting hidden malformed prion (from GE/GMO bombardment "techniques") contaminated medicine. (yep, that's mad cow, ALS, alzheimers, lyme, to name a few).

Seeing as there are over 200 ridings suspect of robocall voting sabotage, and in some cases, people turning up and being told they had already "voted" many of us haven't seen Chairman Harper as being our PM since before the governor general prorogued after the previous election. If he gets in again next time, we may have our own 4-June (Tiananmen Square )

Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 7/0

Salutations IrishThumbs,

Quote Originally Posted by IrishThumbs View Post
    So now as we approach April 1 (2014) I am starting to wonder about licensed growers...
    The "licensed" guys didn't care much about the others and now it seems to me that division only served the purpose of the other gang: them, i mean those who support a legalized nationwide hate crime i call bigotry still performed by too many Canadian citizens today.

While people focussed on medical vs criminal "marijuana" it was easy to push this madness one step further in the country of Harper and i don't hear Justin MiniPET Trudeau denounce such insanity like i heard from Earl Blumenauer and Steven Cohen earlier in February - in USA.

The most sensible position in my opinion would be to ask why alcohol and tobacco ain't treated the same as cannabis while these habits have been proven a lot more dangerous for children and society, which was supposed to be the motivation behind "marijuana" prohibition, initally. Instead Harper's government added one pile of crap on the rest and the anti-cannabic warriors still define the debate it seems: who gets the right to consume cannabis, for example. But the people are so brain-washed they have difficulty to even perceive the insult so i guess that's why discussions are not inclusive, which gives resellers on the black market an opportunity to raise their price (i paid 13 $/g last night, it was 8 $/g from the very same guy last fall)...

Tell me all this political makeup doesn't serve those which the law was meant to fight, i won't believe it because i now know it wouldn't be this expensive to grow "bio" on a window sill... Well, if it weren't demonized by law the way it is of course.

Have you read about what the RCMP has done to Ronald Francis recently? This was a member of the police force with a license but they provoked him and now he's facing assault charges on other officers...

I guess we better forget about education over vaporisation done by Health Canada, to say the least!

http://www.jango.com/profiles/44436821

Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I didn't get to the end of the Ronald Francis article on Huffington, so no, I didn't hear he got provoked. (the article pops up an ad that I can't remove with my 15" screen and it seizes the tab) I was wondering what they would have done if he had chosen to vaporize instead (personally I don't think he ought to be promoting smoking even if it is more portable while on the job)

If the Health Police did research on vaporizing, they would have to admit that adults vaporizing cannabis has no harmful effects (I think) and then where would their petro-Pharma friends and their tobacco tax dollars be? I think that if RF is not allowed to smoke in uniform, neither should any RCMP tobacco users: at the least, it is sending out a bad message to the children of sheeple who have mistakenly told their kids to trust cops (like I did: I am guilty, but back then I was oblivious to the police track record with natives, and now I know the matter is more complicated)

Sorry about the term licensed -- I thought that's what they call medicated users who cultivate their own meds. I am not really up on that, as it was a decade ago I met Rob Brown at his hunting camp, and first had things explained to me. I feel I need to get informed because I believe it is my new responsibility to educate myself further then spread the word on hemp deregulation at least try to pass this in QC which perhaps would most easily be accomplished in conjunction with cannabis decriminalization.

I do get the gist of what you are saying about the whole decriminalize vs legalize issue. Seeing as I am in school and getting to know the new voting population, I am in the process of trying to figure this out so I can explain why this generation needs to rethink voting for pretty-boy in favor of green which is where my vote goes. Any fast track help (links) on legalize-decriminalize would be greatly appreciated if you have any (I hoard links and pubmed articles myself so one can always hope...)

I totally agree about the tobacco and alcohol thing and always have. When I get to see Liz I am going to see if I can convince her to pledge dropping tobacco tax to the GST level. If the greens got in and decriminalized tobacco, sales would drop drammatically anyway

Thumbs Up/Down

Salutations IrishThumbs,

I didn't get to the end of the Ronald Francis article on Huffington...
    Then maybe this one will work better:

« ...released from custody after he underwent a 30-day psychiatric assessment.

Francis was arrested Dec. 6. At the time, the RCMP said they were concerned about his well-being when they found him on a street in downtown Fredericton.

He had to be subdued with a stun gun... »

We'll see about the provocation part later, when/if it ever pops up in the news - and i'm hoping the media will tell about why the RCMP was so concerned for the "well-being" of Francis this time... What i understand of it so far is that he was put under "custody" on December 6 and remained in "psychiatric assessment" until January 6, which is when the article from above went out.

Hummm... Just in time for Christmass! What a cheerful coincidence!!

Actually i sense the RCMP displayed some Seek & Destroy attitude while those people claim they were "concerned" for the "well-being" of a fellow officer. If a picture of Ronald Francis smoking "marijuana" in uniform is "the wrong message" for our Canadian youth then i've got to wonder about the message this other episode is supposed to convey, as the guy must have done Health Canada's paper work after all... Right?

Go figure what's the value of a medical cannabis license in this country!!

So, in my book "they found him" means the RCMP was searching for their publicly disavowed member in the 1st place, before the so-called assault incident which i believe was a provocation in disguise. But i'll agree none of the articles i could find would clear this matter.

At least they cared to carry a taser gun with them! Call about a thoughtful touch...

...I was wondering what they would have done if he had chosen to vaporize instead...
    Since i presume the RCMP would require Francis to undress and put back civil clothes everytime he "medicates", to remain fit for his job (whatever that is), well... It's hard to imagine those bullies providing any guidance on vaporizers while we need terminal cancer patients like Charles Bury to do a better education job on TV news than Health Canada ever has...
    ...they would have to admit that adults vaporizing cannabis has no harmful effects (I think)...
    I share the opinion that vaporisation renders cannabis even less "addictive", most probably because i used to put tobacco with my hashish...

Health Canada could have warned us years ago about that but i'm not holding my breath!

I think that if RF is not allowed to smoke in uniform, neither should any RCMP tobacco users: at the least, it is sending out a bad message to the children...
    Exactly. This tells me some mountie values are elastic and will stretch quite a bit, depending on who's talking!

...trust cops... ...police track record with natives...
    Just in the same way Obama feels ashamed that "coulour" people happen to be over-represented in police statistics i heard it's not much better in Canada and i'll bet the native people get more than their fair share.

Sorry about the term licensed -- I thought that's what they call medicated users...
    There's no need to apologize as i was under that same impression. Although i'm against the whole discrimination system i'd expect a license from Health Canada to be more worthy than toilet paper...

...Rob Brown... I feel I need to get informed because I believe it is my new responsibility to educate myself further then spread the word...
    I can't comment about mister Brown but i believe Justin MiniPET Trudeau already got acquainted with Marc Emery, so perhaps that would do fine. Or tell him to pay a visit to this old journalist in Sherbrooke who's done all he could to show us his Vapor Daddy on the TV screen at lunch time. In addition, here in Québec i was equally impressed when i saw an interview of Enrico Bouchard (inventor of the Sublimator) talking about the next April 1st on Canal Savoir:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	28c36vr.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	58177

...deregulation... ...decriminalization...
    To me it seems the only durable option would be to remove cannabis from any schedule as that is how the anti-canabic war started. We need to handle it the same as alcohol/tobacco while keeping in mind it's even less harmful in reality! Lets use the anti-cannabic money for care & prevention aimed at true addicts in need for help.

I do get the gist of what you are saying about the whole decriminalize vs legalize issue. Seeing as I am in school and getting to know the new voting population, I am in the process of trying to figure this out so I can explain why this generation needs to rethink voting for pretty-boy in favor of green which is where my vote goes.
    Yes, the young politician most definitely has some background but i'm still not sure which it is considering his mother story turned into a book practically describing her experience in reefer madness terms i believe... The man has got more work to do if he's meant to convince me that our Canadian youth requires "protection" from cannabis which is any different (bully style) than for legal addictions such as alcohol/tobacco.

As far as i'm concerned he's not ready and the worst thing about it is that nobody in Ottawa looks prepared neither! Well, would i vote for Thomas Mulcair, for example? Euh... Maybe: at least he was defiant of Jean Charest and he paid the price - but strategic voting is about something else i must admit!

I totally agree about the tobacco and alcohol thing and always have. When I get to see Liz I am going to see if I can convince her to pledge dropping tobacco tax to the GST level.
    I wouldn't care less for a tax on cannabis if its price were as reasonable as in Uruguay (...), but the thing about it is that the higher the price tag the more money goes to government: e.g. it's never going to be enough! Which is why cannabis must de unscheduled and the cost has to drop way below the black market level, to fight real crime which is where the danger for our youth comes from.

Personally i'm in favour of self-cultivation "bio" for recreational use and certified "bio" extracts for medical patients.

That won't happen in Canada anytime soon as none of the politicians seems ready to even discuss about that in parliament, not even the son of his father and that's cause for more shame knowing all he has to do is open his mouth in front of a camera and start talking to get prime-time coverage on TV news. Not exactly the same type of effort as in the Bury case i would say... Instead it's not difficult to imagine Health Canada allowing GMOs in medical cannabis without a whisper amoung the political elite.

By the way, i wish someone could help me find the English counter-part of this other news event below:
    Perhaps the woman's name might prove particularily useful in trying to get her full story.

Good day, have fun!

Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down

Thanks so much Egzoset for the links -- I will go away and do some homework. I also have issue 10 to read as the British claim referred to can be the only thing I can think Muclair could be referring to, no matter May says now in Canada we have no control of mj for minors so decriminalizing would be preferable
    With regards to the radio-canada feed (RDI, possible shortage of supply come April 1) I hope the following link helps which may be the original source of that feed, but it is still in French but gives the journalist
    http://ici.radio-canada.ca/regions/c...-federal.shtml

... and I like your idea about recreational-medicinal if it means commercial growers are less likely to be ripped off, as well as medicinal users with unique needs/strains or not having funds to buy, as well as eliminating the problem of 30% of recreational users being jailed ending up with HepC, and allowing herbalists and farmers to grow hemp, not to mention getting to know our friendly neighbours from the south ;-)

Thumbs Up/Down

Salutations IrishThumbs,

...I hope the following link helps which may be the original source of that feed...
    Unfortunately it was my feed as well and i can't find an e-Mail address for Frederic Arnould. At least the Radio-Canada web site confirms he covers British Columbia from Vancouver.

...if it means commercial growers are less likely to be ripped off...
    Not long ago i believe there were 6 licensed commercial growers while all other cultivation activities are banned by law and threatened to be punished with mandatory prison sentences if i'm not mistaking. So, if that's not enough monopoly to suit their private needs then i really don't know what more they could wish for...

Personally i'd want this monopoly to be transfered to cooperative organisations. For example, imagine a concept which meets the (bank-like) security concerns of Health Canada while plants would be rented by virtual growers with an option to buy when it's time to harvest... People with no cultivation equipment at all would follow progress via Skype or else and professionals would handle the real gardening work for their cooperative members, with the benefit of resources normally available to large scale operations only - but without the driving greed. Instead of a 5 $/g raise in 5 months, guys like me could even hope for a reduction actually. This would be real competition, contrary to what's waiting ahead in Harper's country. Caisses Desjardins keeps closing service points so why not turn those secure installations into cooperative dispensaries?... At least there would still be something of a Coop in it and i think that would remain somewhat compatible with the initial motivation of Alphonse Desjardins in 1900, which was to allow democratic control by the members for the members...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123