Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 122/0
    Given: 59/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default Canada Proposes Shutting Down Home Grows

Canada Proposes Shutting Down Home Grows

From: http://mmjbusinessdaily.com/2013/06/...cal-marijuana/

I suggest reading the entire article..you guys in Canada will be on my mind all day..peace..DD

June 11, 2013
    Canada Proposes Shutting Down Home Grows: Medical Marijuana to be Distributed via Secure Couriers
    by Anne Holland After two years of research and debate, the Canadian Minister of Health has announced her department will publish proposed new Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations on June 19th, which are expected to be approved fairly quickly by the majority government. The new regulations would replace the current regulations in place since 2001. Under the new regulations, neither the Canadian government’s own cultivation facilities nor home growers, such as patients and caregivers, would be allowed to continue growing or distributing medical cannabis as of March 31, 2014. Instead, MMJ would only be grown by a network of officially licensed producers.

According to an unofficial government spokesperson MMJ Business Daily talked with today, these licensed producers would distribute MMJ via a secure delivery service (not via mail order or the postal service as other media have mistakenly reported.) To receive MMJ, patients would be required to have a secure premises. Thus, the new supply chain would substantially limit access to marijuana in Canada.
    Please join me in my Fall 2012 Cannabis Flowers Pix thread..
    DoobieDuck the Macro Pix
    Don't forget, your comments and "likes" may be the only recognition Breeders, Photographers and Growers receive after putting in the hard work that they do to share theirs here with you. That appreciation goes a long way towards inspiring them to continue sharing it, Respect....DD

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 884/0
    Given: 472/1

Hmm, so someone gets to be the monopoly on the delivery?

Dibs!
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 216/0
    Given: 417/0

Quote Originally Posted by DoobieDuck View Post

According to an unofficial government spokesperson MMJ Business Daily talked with today, these licensed producers would distribute MMJ via a secure delivery service (not via mail order or the postal service as other media have mistakenly reported.) To receive MMJ, patients would be required to have a secure premises. Thus, the new supply chain would substantially limit access to marijuana in Canada.
    A new supply chain will pose another issue. MJ Brinks ? Distribution sites ? What is "secure premises"?, I think we all lock our doors at night.
    Too many questions, will need to wait for the release of the new reg/act.

NM
    Love the life you live
    Live the life you love
    -Bob Marley

Thumbs Up/Down

You know that's a good point.

I've never heard of a UPS truck getting robbed and they carry lots of valuable stuff every day.

But if you load a truck with only Cannabis...

Not to mention the trouble with rural delivery, a cannabis delivery truck that has to drive 100km to deliver 4g because that's what the RX says..

You're right, NM. Lot's of questions that I haven't really pondered yet.

It was simpler when FedEx was MedEx and didn't know it.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Shadimar View Post
    You know that's a good point.

I've never heard of a UPS truck getting robbed and they carry lots of valuable stuff every day.

But if you load a truck with only Cannabis...

Not to mention the trouble with rural delivery, a cannabis delivery truck that has to drive 100km to deliver 4g because that's what the RX says..

You're right, NM. Lot's of questions that I haven't really pondered yet.

It was simpler when FedEx was MedEx and didn't know it.
    Imagine the logistical nightmare of establishing a network across Canada ? The cost would be staggering to say the least!

One would have to approach these "said" delivery companies to open a division just for MJ. How much do you want to bet they are in the wings waiting....$$$

NM
    Love the life you live
    Live the life you love
    -Bob Marley

Thumbs Up/Down

Not so bad for a major city but on the other hand you take a major city in the US and you've got Canada right there so wow...

I'm all onboard to start a greenhouse that's extra green but I don't think it's right to tell anyone they have to stop their gardens.

THAT is what is truly criminal, the law just hasn't recognized it yet.

I've always had this fear in the back of my mind that the tobacco companies were waiting to get in on it and treat it the same way without actually knowing what the point of cannabis is.

Imagine full plants being shredded and rolled up into joints made out of their own stems, which are also inside along with the leaves too.

The hash of course, well that fell on the floor and is sold in specialty shops at a premium.

That's my nightmare, anyone else have it too?

Oh, just to clarify: I'm not saying I think that's what's going to happen. Whew, no. I'm just saying I always had this nagging idea in the back of my mind that if the tobacco co's got ahold of cannabis that they'd probably ruin it that way.
    Last edited by Shadimar; 06-11-2013 at 03:40 PM.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

it is outrageous that the rights that

have been won thru the courts are being

taken away and sold to the highest bidder,

right before our eyes. surely we can at least as a group come together and agree that the business model they have chosen is a mistake, and that only non profit proposals should be considered.

420grower

I tried to copy and paste the article I'll see if I can get it here,Home > Featured > Canada Proposes Shut...
    June 11, 2013
    Canada Proposes Shutting Down Home Grows: Medical Marijuana to be Distributed via Secure Couriers
    Tags: Canada

by Anne Holland After two years of research and debate, the Canadian Minister of Health has announced her department will publish proposed new Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations on June 19th, which are expected to be approved fairly quickly by the majority government. The new regulations would replace the current regulations in place since 2001. Under the new regulations, neither the Canadian government’s own cultivation facilities nor home growers, such as patients and caregivers, would be allowed to continue growing or distributing medical cannabis as of March 31, 2014. Instead, MMJ would only be grown by a network of officially licensed producers.

These new measures are being proposed in part as a result of medical marijuana’s popularity. Back in 2001, only 500 Canadians were legally authorized patients. Today that number stands at more than 30,000. This has created a home grow boom, particularly as local police do not have access to the addresses of licensed home growers in their areas. The consequences range from an expanding recreational market never intended under current laws, to concerns about security, chemicals, and even mold that affect both local growers and their neighbors.

On June 19th, Health Canada is planning to post a licensed producer application form on its website. If the new regulations pass as expected, the current MMJ system will continue to be legal until March 31, 2014 as the new licensed producers and delivery system get set up. Patients would also have to re-apply for licenses. Then, on April 1, 2014, the new system would swing into complete effect and home grows would be illegal.

The business implications for this change could be significant for all suppliers related to home grows and cultivation, ranging from hydroponics equipment to lights, seeds, and fertilizers. It’s not completely clear how the new regulation could affect currently operating compassion centers or dispensaries, aside from being required to be licensed under the new regulations which would in turn substantially change their current operational procedures.

It is also unknown how the change could affect US businesses, such as X-Change Corp, currently planning expanding into the Canadian market, or how it would affect Canadian companies, such as Abattis Bioceuticals Corp., which are eying the American MMJ marketplace.

Canada’s experience, in particular the reportedly intense debate between the government and Canadian pharmacists over the new regulations (Health Canada had considered using pharmacies as an MMJ distribution channel, but the pharmacists lobbied against it), could influence American states as they form their own regulations.peace this should give you info needed

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 271/0
    Given: 68/1

Imagine full plants being shredded and rolled up into joints made out of their own stems, which are also inside along with the leaves too.
    Sounds like Prairie Plant Systems; the business that HC wants to get out of.

Thumbs Up/Down

Thanks, Airedog.

I'd completely forgotten about that even though I'd saved a newspaper article for years that read "Canadians Not High On Government Pot" and it said the same thing - full plants shredded as if "Duhhh I dunno what part dey shmoke...can't blame me" was being used as an excuse to screw over the customers.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 122/0
    Given: 59/0

So sad to see it come to this, any chance you in Canada can get this before the public for a vote, like we did in Cali to let Med users grow their own. Altough we're not having it like it was proposed either. I could see your postal service taking on delivery...lol...I feel for ya and see a battle still for us both....DD
    Please join me in my Fall 2012 Cannabis Flowers Pix thread..
    DoobieDuck the Macro Pix
    Don't forget, your comments and "likes" may be the only recognition Breeders, Photographers and Growers receive after putting in the hard work that they do to share theirs here with you. That appreciation goes a long way towards inspiring them to continue sharing it, Respect....DD

Flowering Member keepitmedicated's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 946/2
    Given: 2,110/4

Way to complicate somthing that could be soo simple.
    I dont get it personally, but what I do know is that it is all about the monopoly like Shad said. And they wonder why there are soo many secret gardens all over the place

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0

Quote Originally Posted by 420grower View Post
    Canada’s experience, in particular the reportedly intense debate between the government and Canadian pharmacists over the new regulations (Health Canada had considered using pharmacies as an MMJ distribution channel, but the pharmacists lobbied against it)
    There's the rub that will doom the new system. Pharmacists, bitch and get their way. Doc's are not on board with the new system (regardless of MJ studies HC will supply them), and have been very vocal about it. Without Doc's signing the new "scripts", this Gov plan goes nowhere IMO.
    Keep on growin'
    Dman

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0

sounds bad....we'll see though

Embryo

Thumbs Up/Down

You guys can make a difference by signing up with the coalition for repeal . If you have not heard of it please check it out.
    Contact Jason Wicox. or John Conroy . There are four thousand people who have already signed up. John Conroy
    Wants to get this to the supreme court so we can have a final ruling on this. Also intend on suing health canada for
    Damages. It costs nothin to join make a victim impact statement . Please support the cause.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/0
    Given: 1/0

That's right super dave, I've been so busy that I haven't signed up myself, but this is clearly the way to go. I am so thankful to have got my PPL a couple weeks ago and start producing my own medicine at a fraction of the cost I pay on the black market. My daily allowance is 3 grams, and that's roughly what I've been using for the past 7 years. During this time I've gone into extreme debt because of the outrageous cost of my medicine. Now with these new regulations coming, my medicine will cost the same as it did on the street. I'm a licensed electrician that makes good money too, so I can't even fathom how a person with low income or on disability could afford it to use it anymore. This combined with the fact that doctors don't want to prescribe something there is no clinical research on brings us right back to square one, no reasonable access for the people who need it most. Check out this site for more info: http://www.mmarcoalitionagainstrepeal.com/

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by chillum View Post
    That's right super dave, I've been so busy that I haven't signed up myself, but this is clearly the way to go. I am so thankful to have got my PPL a couple weeks ago and start producing my own medicine at a fraction of the cost I pay on the black market. My daily allowance is 3 grams, and that's roughly what I've been using for the past 7 years. During this time I've gone into extreme debt because of the outrageous cost of my medicine. Now with these new regulations coming, my medicine will cost the same as it did on the street. I'm a licensed electrician that makes good money too, so I can't even fathom how a person with low income or on disability could afford it to use it anymore. This combined with the fact that doctors don't want to prescribe something there is no clinical research on brings us right back to square one, no reasonable access for the people who need it most. Check out this site for more info: http://www.mmarcoalitionagainstrepeal.com/
    Thanks for posting the link, chillum. Now that the new MMPR regs are out, they will have a better knowledge/more angles, on how to challenge it.

NM
    Love the life you live
    Live the life you love
    -Bob Marley

Ex-Slave State, deep in the heart of Dixie!
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 36/0
    Given: 17/1

They mentioned mold as one of their reasons to shut it down. There's a lot of much needed income riding on this. Why do they want everyone to be poor?
    Live and let live.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 28/6
    Given: 7/2

Mold is just a lame convenient excuse the real reason is they believe in the drug war and the huge budgets it means to the prohibition industry. That's why I can't understand why people working the grey market continue to brag about how good their doing. Talk about counter productive.
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/story/...arijuana-.html
    Peace Hoppy

"Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope." --the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers

Thumbs Up/Down

Lol... my basement keeps getting turned into a puddle and living beside a body of water probably doesn't help.

*calls out* M-o-o-o-l-d...

M-O-O-O-L-D...

M-O-O-O-L-D...

Sorry, guys...

No answer

Well, Gotta go. I have to go write letters to the Editor in favour of banning home gardening in general *shudders at the thought of cucumbers*.

Mold, ya know. It's a killer

Oh, @#$^%..forgot...fans, blowers, doors, RH meters, AC, dehumidifiers, safe-antifungals, vents, ducting, and windows exist *slaps forehead*
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 65/0
    Given: 136/1

There is no coincidence with this latest confirmation of the new regulations coming the harper government has begun again their propaganda campaign http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis....html?cmp=fbtl . These stories seal our fate in the eyes of the soccer moms saving their communities from all of us.

I noticed this same sort of thing the last time they talked about the new changes, that global news 16:9 episode all these things are reinforcing the government position because the folks watching this "news" chuckle chuckle is just social engineering aqnd brainwashing gone fucking mad. And with all the political scandals going on every single one of those bastards are stealing real money from all of us the government says leave that and lets attack the sick.

Sure is fukked, get me the hell off this planet.

*Edit sorry hopalong I missed your link mine is a duplicate.
    Help me stop DSS delicate soul syndrome. We need volunteers to hug and hold all the delicate souls until we can heal them. Help us today! You can make a difference in someone's life. Tell them the truth.

Thumbs Up/Down

You've got the wrong idea, GIP.

This planet is fine, a little dirty, sure. A little raked over for resource, yeah.

But Mars is a good place for the Fundies and Hapercrites.

Especially since we haven't set up anything remotely like a base there and terraforming is still only Sci-Fi.

Let the Fundies handle it

(C'mon, there's a gem of a joke in that line)
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Embryo

Thumbs Up/Down

Health Canada and their mold reasons is absolutely stupid. I am a contractor who works on homes all the time I have never seen a home yet did that.have some mold somewhere. I am right now at this time renovating six different bathrooms that were all filled with black mold not one of these homes have had a grow in them. Maybe we should charge everybody that has a bit of mold in their house because they obviously aren't housekeepers. the bullshit reasons that authorities keep coming up with just boggles my mind. They say because we grow our own medicine we are not safe , and may burn down the whole neighborhood yet they cannot even make hamburgers safe to be eaten by people. I really don't think we should be listening to these people because they really have no idea what they are talking about.

Thumbs Up/Down

You know, dave, you got me thinking on that one

We probably have a lot less mold than the ave-er-age bear because we have flowers that we want to keep safe and humidity levels to monitor and thus incentive to vacate that bank of fog out of the bathroom after a shower rather than just shut the door and forget about it.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Embryo

Thumbs Up/Down

You got that right Shadimar. Anybody I know that grows their own is extremely cautious about mold in their grow.
    The fact that my wife is also a clean freak keeps us from having any mold issues in our home. People do not realize how easy it is to get mold in a new home. It just has to rain 1 time with out shingles on your roof and there will be mold issues that you can not even see. As for the electrical issue , there is many homes out there without A grow that pose a risk.
    Many older homes have aluminum wire and were poorly constructed. The reasons why these homes burned down is just that they were just constructed poorly not because there is a grow in it. Many homes I have been to work on are complrte pigstys . I recently worked on a home where the owners raised dogs. They had at least a dozen dogs living in the house with them at all times. The house stunk so bad that we could not even work in it until we put ventilation in.
    If authorities are really worried about public health then they would not let homes such as those ones operate.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast