Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14171819202122232425 LastLast

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 367/0
    Given: 254/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Angry Another bong bites the dust

My glass bong broke.

It lasted me about a year. They seem to have a short life.

It broke where the bowl's sleeve is inserted into the bottom water bowl of the bong. The part of the bong that receives the sleeve broke right off. I was preparing for use when I inserted the sleeve and felt the top give away.

Of course I let out a very audible, "What the fuck???!!!" And a few other colourful words concerning the parents of the bong maker, after I looked down and saw that I now owned a very useless collection of glass. I had just cleaned the bong the day before and it had new water and ice in it.
    Now I'm wondering if they make these in titanium because mine keep fucking breaking.

That being said, I've been making an effort in reducing my intake dose. The bong wasn't helping with that because the ice and water very much cooled the smoke and I was able in inhale more. Plus the bong had a healthy sized bowl and somehow that damn thing would always get filled before I'd light up.

My Bong Valet would always fill the bowl right to the top, despite my complaints, and I was forced to smoke the entire thing.

After my long break from smoking, and selecting the Purps to smoke, I was very high and very much enjoyed it.

But, as I said above, I'm sadly back on the wagon for maybe another week or more. My beautiful and wonderful buzz-kill wife guilted me into not smoking until after the first new pay cheque comes in.
    I wish it was bong time

I'm up to 15 strains, and lovin' it:

1. Black Diamond OG Kush
    2. Cannatonic
    3. Purple Kush
    . Hippie Headband (2 phenotypes but not sure what to label them)
    5. Skunk Berry (both Skunk and Blueberry phenotypes)
    6. LA Confidential
    7. OG Kush
    8. Rockstar
    9. OG Ghost Train x Haze #1
    10. Sunshine Daydream
    11. Temple
    12. Pure Kush X Uzbek Hash
    13. C99
    14. Purps
    15. Rockstar Kush

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,036/0
    Given: 1,031/0

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Red Green would know how to fix it.lol
    I used to tell my wife that a little old lady threw me to the ground, held her umbrella to my throat and forced me to embibe. Lol

Sent from my LG-P705g using Tapatalk
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    I return to the earth and I am embraced.I am Cannabis
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

Quote Originally Posted by nohibition View Post
    Red Green would know how to fix it.
    I'm sorry, you've lost me

What on earth does duct tape have to do with anything?
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Shadimar View Post
    I'm sorry, you've lost me

What on earth does duct tape have to do with anything?
    JM broke his bong.

N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

Oh, I thought the topic was Johnny not smoking for a week

Come to think of it, I can see where the tape would come in to play there..
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down

The duct tape would probably have worked, but what would the big kids say when they saw duct tape on my bong?

It'd be the same as wrapping duct tape around eye glasses. First I'd be teased and bullied, then probably take a good beating, too. I really can't take those kinds of risks.
    I wish it was bong time

1. Black Diamond OG Kush
    2. Cannatonic
    3. Purple Kush
    6. LA Confidential
    7. OG Kush
    8. Rockstar
    10. Sunshine Daydream
    11. Temple
    13. C99
    14. Purps
    15. Rockstar Kush

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 206/0
    Given: 691/1

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMan View Post
    The duct tape would probably have worked, but what would the big kids say when they saw duct tape on my bong?

It'd be the same as wrapping duct tape around eye glasses. First I'd be teased and bullied, then probably take a good beating, too. I really can't take those kinds of risks.
    to dam funny

Thumbs Up/Down

OMG what will the neighbors think...

Sent from my LG-P705g using Tapatalk
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

I wasn't even thinking of the bong..

(really)
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Flowering Member keepitmedicated's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 946/2
    Given: 2,110/4

The older kids will be like "Now theres a dedicated stoner, Lets lend him a hand and share our bongs with him". Who knows, I'd laugh at it though...LOL K.I.M.
    HARMONY..
    When we lose the right to be different
    We lose the privilage to be free
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by keepitmedicated View Post
    The older kids will be like "Now theres a dedicated stoner, Lets lend him a hand and share our bongs with him". Who knows, I'd laugh at it though...LOL K.I.M.
    That's their way of "investigating" JohnnyMan's latest crop. I can imagine hearing "we'll supply the bong if you supply the herb. Word out on the street is it's some awesome shit."

And I'd respond, "Yeah, that's what you said last time, and the time before that. I get the idea. No thanks. Besides, you guys always turn into babbling idiots after 'sampling' my stuff, and who needs more babbling idiots? What am I, the Progressive Conservative party? Now get the hell out of here before I call your mother."
    I wish it was bong time

1. Black Diamond OG Kush
    2. Cannatonic
    3. Purple Kush
    6. LA Confidential
    7. OG Kush
    8. Rockstar
    10. Sunshine Daydream
    11. Temple
    13. C99
    14. Purps
    15. Rockstar Kush

Thumbs Up/Down

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Cool Dear Grow Room Diary

Dear Grow Room Diary,

It’s JohnnyMan.

It’s been a while since we last chatted. As you know, my last crop produced some very fine meds (and lots, too). Then I was out of work and looking for a new opportunity.

Decided I had grown too much meds and felt it was best to shut down for a while. Had to quit taking meds because of fear of landing dream job and then be tested. Landed dream job and no tests. Back to enjoying medicating, but missing growing. New job sees JohnnyMan on the road and can’t guarantee will be around for regular waterings or feedings. I was at this website today looking at a seed seller’s ad, and the pictures of the large buds made JohnnyMan wish he had a some plants growing.

Been smoking using a dugout, also called a one hitter. Sometimes I’ll mix some home-made hash in a pipe bowl with some weed. That gets the JohnnyMan good and medicated. He’s been writing and recording some songs again.

Happy times, everyone.
    I wish it was bong time

1. Black Diamond OG Kush
    2. Cannatonic
    3. Purple Kush
    6. LA Confidential
    7. OG Kush
    8. Rockstar
    10. Sunshine Daydream
    11. Temple
    13. C99
    14. Purps
    15. Rockstar Kush

Thumbs Up/Down

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lots of meds in the jars and KD in the cupboard. What more could a JohnnyMan ask for?
    I just reached into my pocket and dug out my one hitter for a bedtime puff or two...or three or...what were we talking about?

N
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down

Aw.

You know what

When I bought this PC a few years ago I gave the old one to my sister and discovered that my drum software did not cooperate with Win7, so that was a brick wall for my recording process as I tried a few alternatives but they were terrible.

I should check for a Win7 update, the only problem I have is that it looks like I'll have to use headphones and my regular PC (surround) speakers together because the @#$%^ing software mixer won't just let me send what's being recorded out the PC speaker's because of latency For my last PC I put in a card in it that had an onboard hardware mixer and 1/4" in/out, among other things, so it took the recorded signal and sent it directly out so you could monitor it with no latency. Using an outboard USB audiobox, I have to send the data to the PC and an analog copy to headphones or an amp/PA so I can hear what I'm recording.

See what you did?

*Gets recording bug again*
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Thumbs Up/Down

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Shadimar View Post
    Aw.

You know what

When I bought this PC a few years ago I gave the old one to my sister and discovered that my drum software did not cooperate with Win7, so that was a brick wall for my recording process as I tried a few alternatives but they were terrible.

I should check for a Win7 update, the only problem I have is that it looks like I'll have to use headphones and my regular PC (surround) speakers together because the @#$%^ing software mixer won't just let me send what's being recorded out the PC speaker's because of latency For my last PC I put in a card in it that had an onboard hardware mixer and 1/4" in/out, among other things, so it took the recorded signal and sent it directly out so you could monitor it with no latency. Using an outboard USB audiobox, I have to send the data to the PC and an analog copy to headphones or an amp/PA so I can hear what I'm recording.

See what you did?

*Gets recording bug again*
    The recording bug is not a bad ailment to have. I used to also suffer from bad bouts of G.A.S (gear acquisition syndrome) but as I age the required "fix" is not as needed as when I was younger, and I'm content with what I have. This absolutely does not mean I no longer desire a Rickenbacker bass guitar, because that's still high on my "want list". I'm just old enough to recognize that wanting can be more pleasurable than having.

I switched to an iMac a few years ago. I use 2 digital I/Os:

1. An old hand-me-down Edirol USB interface and
    2. A very nice Allen & Heath mixer.

Lately for recording new song ideas I typically just use the Edirol. The MIDI interface no longer works (reason to replace it) but it's OK for audio for now. Once I decide a song is worth rerecording, then I'll use the A&H mixer with the better A/D convertors.
    I wish it was bong time

1. Black Diamond OG Kush
    2. Cannatonic
    3. Purple Kush
    6. LA Confidential
    7. OG Kush
    8. Rockstar
    10. Sunshine Daydream
    11. Temple
    13. C99
    14. Purps
    15. Rockstar Kush

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 213/0
    Given: 88/1

My name is T and I have low self control in the buying gear dept
    but I'm working on it ..... honest

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 179/1
    Given: 151/0

i record on a program called studio one 2 great program good to see you johnny man glad you landed a good job peace brother
    Life is too valuable, easy does it..

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 825/0
    Given: 904/1

congrats on the new job jman, and good to see ya around.

Thumbs Up/Down

Thumbs up It's a brand new Monday and I have no plants growing :(

Thanks everyone.

I'm very happy in my new role and there is opportunity galore for me to exceed. But like I said, this new job does see JohnnyMan on the road a lot more, so for at least the short term I won't be able to grow and be able to keep the plants alive while they are unattended. I'm still medicating every night that I'm able to sleep in my own bed.

In a good place
    I'm in a good place now and I'm trying to enjoy every day as much as possible. Many months ago I discovered a book that helped me a lot with overcoming bad/negative thoughts and replacing them with good thoughts. I posted the book's title here at TY in the Spirituality section, and I just saw that my post is still the last one in that section. If you have considered me a friend on this web site over the past couple of years then from one friend to another, this is a good book.

We should all know by now that JohnnyMan is not a spiritual person. He lives his life on logic and facts, and leaves the fantasies to Hollywood. Another fantasy involves JohnnyMan and 2 or more hot women but that's for another web site.

Go read the book, I "found" mine online
    But this book does not purport that there is some fatherly figure who happily looks down on his children while they torture, maim, kill, and behead each other, and doing it because they have convinced themselves that their cause is for some "good". No, this book has you looking in at yourself and not blaming others for all of your bad luck and deeds, but instead blaming yourself. Change your mind and you change your attitude. It will go a very long way. I'm trying to push all the negative thoughts and worries out of my head, and just focus on the positive, and how I can make my life and the lives of those around me better.

Killing bad thoughts
    I find that after I medicate, I can be susceptible to these negative thoughts more than when I don't. MJ has the wonderful ability of freeing the mind to new ideas and concepts but it can also let in some stupid ideas, too. Definitely more self mind and thought control is required after medicating. But I don't mind because after I smoke, I'm in a better place. I do have to struggle with the damn guitars calling me, though. Sometimes you can hear me say, "Shut up, I just want to watch some TV. OK, 12-string, (as I submit to their whining) I'll play you for a little while if you promise to stop bugging me. And tell the others to stop. I can only play one of you at a time."

Lately after I smoke I will find myself either brooding over my previous shitty job and all the assholes that came along with it, or worrying that I might fuck up this new and much better job. And that's when I try to catch myself, immediately I'll try to put a stop to these stupid thoughts and instead try to form thoughts of being thankful for what I have, that I'm alive, I'm reasonably healthy (certainly not dead), do not have much with respect to material wants/needs, and have much to be thankful. I look around me now and see all my worldly possessions and even though it can be a struggle at times, I do realize I have it pretty good and should be very thankful. If I do compare myself to the rest of the world, I have it pretty damn good.

Making Today Better Than Yesterday
    I was also comparing myself to my neighbors, friends, and former classmates on financial and material possessions. That was stupid and wrong, too. I shouldn't care if my friend has more money than I do (even though I still do and am working on it). What I should be caring and focusing on is how I'm going to make today better than yesterday. And make today a day worth remembering.

Purps and My New Song
    I ground up some of my Purps last night and filled my one-hitter's reservoir with it. Think I'll go smoke some. I've written a new song that I adore and find myself listening to it on repeat on my iPOD. I've given it to a drummer this weekend and my friend will learn it. He will add the percussion tracks as currently the song plays around a single (and boring) drum loop. Can't wait to hear real drums on this song. It is a rock song that has 2 acoustic guitar tracks as its main riff. I recorded the riff using a 6 and 12-string guitar each panned 1/4 to the left and right. There are places where the 2 guitars sound as one. I also added some keyboard parts for the chorus and bridge.

Happy long weekend everyone!!

I wish it was bong time

1. Black Diamond OG Kush
    2. Cannatonic
    3. Purple Kush
    6. LA Confidential
    7. OG Kush
    8. Rockstar
    10. Sunshine Daydream
    11. Temple
    13. C99
    14. Purps
    15. Rockstar Kush

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by T&G View Post
    My name is T and I have low self control in the buying gear dept
    but I'm working on it ..... honest
    There's a guitar in Albany, NY that's currently threatening my bank account. It wasn't really, until I checked how much cash I had on hand and read the opinion of the Tech that did the pre-sale setup on it.

The thing though.. I could buy the one guitar and stick it under my bed, or I could take the same cash and upgrade my garden.

Plus, as myself and several other in this thread are well aware, if I were to buy that guitar it would only be a (short) matter of time before another one caught my eye.

Case in point, this time last year I had one on hold.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Thumbs Up/Down

If I had "all the money" I'd be down at the guitar stores buying stuff. And I have guitars actively on my want list. But that's all they are. I can live without them as I have others that need attention.
    I wish it was bong time

1. Black Diamond OG Kush
    2. Cannatonic
    3. Purple Kush
    6. LA Confidential
    7. OG Kush
    8. Rockstar
    10. Sunshine Daydream
    11. Temple
    13. C99
    14. Purps
    15. Rockstar Kush

Thumbs Up/Down

Hey J-man.

I noticed your status currently states you're A Weed Chuckin' 5 Weed Weed.

Are you aware that you're now 'A Six, Bitch.. Magnets!!' ?

Just checking.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 213/0
    Given: 88/1

ya , I'm staying away from music stores and friends that sell music stuff for awhile too! I went looking for a pickup for one of my guitars and came home with another amp and a pick up..... with a guitar attached to it ! Glad to hear your sailing in blue skys now adays JM

Thumbs Up/Down

Yeah? Well I recently bought two sets of neo-retro 50's pickups that each came with a free guitar to carry them around in (T knows what I mean by that, I'm sure).
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 179/1
    Given: 151/0

man would begood if we could all get together and play..that would be cool as hell i think i could hold my own..
    Life is too valuable, easy does it..

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14171819202122232425 LastLast