View Poll Results: Did My Tomatoes Survive The Night?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 75.00%
  • No

1 25.00%

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 884/0
    Given: 472/1

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default Game: Did My Tomatoes Survive The Night?

At time of posting they were alive and not frozen, so I don't know the answer and won't know until the poll has had time to accumulate some votes.

They're uncovered and sitting in a mix of mostly peat, most from sphagnum moss and some from wood, that has been rained on for a few days. Sitting in the ground within a concrete raised bed planter with no bottom.

The plants were purchased as seedlings last week and transplanted into the ground several days later. Plants stand 6-8" tall.

I have already cast my vote, but chose not to enter it yet as I'd rather not bias the poll.

Vote away
    Last edited by Shadimar; 05-13-2013 at 01:01 AM.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down

No votes yet, question applies until tonight now, actually tomorrow morning a bit before 1am.

I'm considering bean prizes if there are limited correct guesses.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 213/0
    Given: 88/1

what kinda tomatters u growin farmer shad?

Thumbs Up/Down

You know, I almost made "By 'tomatoes' do you mean.." a choice but realized I'd pick that as the comical option regardless of my guess so I left it off.

These are -steak tomatoes, I forgot the exact name but it's on the little marker. Similar to the large Beefsteak tomato.

I've also got 3-4 more varieties of tomato but they're still inside, the others I had planted directly into a prepared space that several years ago produced tomato plants nice enough to get a close inspection from police helicopter so this year should do quite well is they live

I'm building a few raised bed gardens and putting what I learned from cannabis to use outdoors growing organic vegetables and fruits that people lump in with veggies

3 votes so far
    Last edited by Shadimar; 05-14-2013 at 12:47 AM.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Thumbs Up/Down

I had voted yes but waited until the literal last minute to enter it as I did not want to bias the poll.

They made it through the first night, but last night killed them for sure.

I've gotta stop putting tomatoes out in May, regardless of how warm it may be at the time.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/0
    Given: 2/0

the winner was?

Thumbs Up/Down

T&G and Gelu65 voted Yes.

Undereducated voted No.

It took them a little while to die and only 3 votes came in so if the three of you PM me I'll send out some of the Chunks that Tweedybird and Shovelhead are testing for me.

I refer to them as Thai Chunk and Lemon Chunk, but that's just a label as the Lemon Thai grandmother does not come through very strong. They've got more of a Kushy/Incense flavour

I have Space Queen F3s as well if you'd prefer, but I'm not 100% sure about them because the first ones I cut were great, and the last few I think I just cut early but they're not as good as the first few.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 213/0
    Given: 88/1

thanks Shadman

Thumbs Up/Down

Two packs left if you guys want 'em.

They've been lightly tested but most of the mothers' beans only had a few run so far as I had a number of different females and at least one has had around a dozen or so tried.

I've had no problems but I think it's only fair to give the info, I'd just recommend a longer veg than normal as this is a very dense plant so she'll come out short.

The Querkle F2 branches out nicely when topped but I'm not sure if I've topped the chunks yet but I have some in veg now so I'll top them to gather more info on their performance.

The Space QueenF3#7 has been run a bit more, but as I said the last 4 don't taste like the first ones I pulled; might just be early as I don't think they had the flower start date written on their tags.

Note that the Querkle Kush are not available, they were merely mentioned for comparison.
    Last edited by Shadimar; 05-16-2013 at 02:19 AM.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Flowering Member

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 19/0
    Given: 0/0

They make that wall of water to put around your tomato that might really be useful in the northern areas. Here in california I never seen a need. Jerry