Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/0
    Given: 1/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

There's a doctor I've watched on youtube by the name of Dr. Dustin Sulak that explains exactly why you get much more of a medicinal effect when you abstain for a few days. If you bombard your body with phytocannabinoids on a daily basis, the endocannabinoid system basically retreats into the cellular tissue making them less useful. If you let your natural cannabinoid receptors replenish themselves by abstaining for a few days, you will actually become more sensitive to the medicinal effects of cannabis. The trick is finding the right balance for your own needs.

I agree though that any good smoke report should be done before any other medicating is undertaken.

Bob Saget.. "Marijuana is not a drug, I used to suck dick for coke!"

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 315/0

Taking a break is good regardless. I don't like the idea of using *any* medication *every* day. That just leads itself to "rebound" symptoms in the case of migraines (i.e. phantom headaches that are your body trying to get more of the medication, even if it's not really addictive. Purely psychological "need".)

But I find that to really see any significant reaction as far as cannabis goes, I need to take a break for about *two weeks* to lose tolerance, and it's highly unlikely that I can ever go that long without a migraine, seeing as I get 3-4 of them a week. So, when I have access to proper levels of medication, I just don't get stoned after the first 2-3 weeks of use.

Such is life.

It's about treating the migraines for me. Not about getting stoned. And even if I don't "feel it", my symptoms still go away, so what more could I ask for?

*sigh*

Not that I don't *miss* getting stoned.
    I do not fail -- I succeed at finding out what does not work.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 211/0
    Given: 1/0

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Here's some shots of sunshine daydream. She is a very elite plant. I have not used the term before in my online career. This plant represents the culmination of a search that began a long time ago when I first smoked "the best" and remembered it to this day. It is captured and on my shelf and in my grow and bloom rooms. Bodhi is indeed gifted. The smells are over powering. uncontainable. I find myself unable to properly describe the intensity and pleasure of having this gift in my garden and being able to share it with others. This is THE strain to have if you are starting out from scratch.

I grew these under a 600W metal halide for bloom. Most of it was taken by my patient, who insisted as soon as he smelt and saw it.

- - - Updated - - -

I know that in a lot of ways I failed the grow report at the end, I was starting a new job and consulting at the same time as running a biodynamic operation, which requires some hands-on. In the end, I Just took the best buds with the least trimming and then separated the dry leaf and then took everything small or sugary and chopped it up, so now I have around 300grams dry of chopped bud for some primo hashish. It was the only way to get it done since the next cycle required the room and I just can't get more hours into the day
    Currently hording the following elite genetics;

Grape Escape x Afghani Kush, Iranian Land Race x Pre-98 Bubba Kush, Florida Skunk Ape x Purple Kush, Green Crack BX, Grape Escape x Green Crack.
    Tranquil Elephantizer, Blue Dream Lotus, Orange SunShine.
    OG Ghost Train haze #1.
    Blue Cheese.
    MK Ultra, The Hog, Wreckage.
    Nevilles Haze, Critical Mass, SSH, Black Widow, Shark Shock, Medicine Man, G13 Widow, Ortega, Angels Breath.
    Petrolia Head Stash, Willie Nelson, Golden Temple Kush.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 367/0
    Given: 254/0

Thumbs up Congrats

Great shots. Congrats. I dream of the day when I can say, "This is it. I've found the holy land of weed."

That's some incredible praise for a strain.

They say that weed has become about 20% more potent than when I first started toking some 30 plus years ago. There weren't too many strains out there then that had a lasting memory on me. Acapulco Gold and Panama Red were the 2 named strains that I remember messing me up when I was younger.

I remember once smoking some un-named home grown that came from New Brunswick (may have even been grown outside) that was some of the strongest I had ever smoked. I remember after smoking a half joint (we couldn't finish a full one) with a girlfriend we tried to watch an episode of the Flintstones but had to change the channel because it was too fucking funny.
    I haven't had the experience/feeling in a very long time.
    I wish it was bong time

I'm up to 15 strains, and lovin' it:

1. Black Diamond OG Kush
    2. Cannatonic
    3. Purple Kush
    . Hippie Headband (2 phenotypes but not sure what to label them)
    5. Skunk Berry (both Skunk and Blueberry phenotypes)
    6. LA Confidential
    7. OG Kush
    8. Rockstar
    9. OG Ghost Train x Haze #1
    10. Sunshine Daydream
    11. Temple
    12. Pure Kush X Uzbek Hash
    13. C99
    14. Purps
    15. Rockstar Kush

Ex-Slave State, deep in the heart of Dixie!
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 36/0
    Given: 17/1

Man, I use such a small amount on rare occasions, I get really, really high. It's cool, because I've noticed the potency increase dramatically with the long cure of certain strains; some have increased 4-5 times when dried.
    Live and let live.

Epic Genetics

Quote Originally Posted by Arboles View Post
    Man, I use such a small amount on rare occasions, I get really, really high. It's cool, because I've noticed the potency increase dramatically with the long cure of certain strains; some have increased 4-5 times when dried.
    although many say so i dont believe it gets more "potent" with a cure, the overall quality increases causeing a better overall experience, i believe it was the mns forum where someone showed clinical test results that clearly showed no potency increase

just an overall more enjoyable smoke due to quality

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 367/0
    Given: 254/0

Quote Originally Posted by Epic Genetics View Post
    although many say so i dont believe it gets more "potent" with a cure, the overall quality increases causeing a better overall experience, i believe it was the mns forum where someone showed clinical test results that clearly showed no potency increase

just an overall more enjoyable smoke due to quality
    I've read the same and wondered how would the potency increase while in a glass jar? Where would the new TCH come from?

I'd tend to agree with Epic Genetics, the burn and taste may be better after a long cure, but I question whether the potency would improve.

My 2 cents.

P.S. I hope I'm wrong and it does improve because that would mean I have a fridge full of jars that are getting better every day. But I doubt that's actually happening.
    I wish it was bong time

I'm up to 15 strains, and lovin' it:

1. Black Diamond OG Kush
    2. Cannatonic
    3. Purple Kush
    . Hippie Headband (2 phenotypes but not sure what to label them)
    5. Skunk Berry (both Skunk and Blueberry phenotypes)
    6. LA Confidential
    7. OG Kush
    8. Rockstar
    9. OG Ghost Train x Haze #1
    10. Sunshine Daydream
    11. Temple
    12. Pure Kush X Uzbek Hash
    13. C99
    14. Purps
    15. Rockstar Kush

Thumbs Up/Down

Someone said there's a small amount of the conversion process with the THC-A happening during the cure.
    Live and let live.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

Perhaps, but most decarboxylation actually occurs once the fire is lit or vape is turned on (same temps with cooking, different method again).

There is a technical rise in potency due to water loss and breakdown of sugars and chlorophyll, so the same cannabinoids in less plant matter, however there will also be a lesser mass in accessory oils by then as well (ie Limonene, a-Pinene, Geraniol) so don't expect miracles and don't let it over-dry either as those oils are a major part of the plant and crumbly bud burns hot, which in addition to being harsh also burns up extra THC rather than vaporizing it.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Shadimar View Post
    Perhaps, but most decarboxylation actually occurs once the fire is lit or vape is turned on (same temps with cooking, different method again).

There is a technical rise in potency due to water loss and breakdown of sugars and chlorophyll, so the same cannabinoids in less plant matter, however there will also be a lesser mass in accessory oils by then as well (ie Limonene, a-Pinene, Geraniol) so don't expect miracles and don't let it over-dry either as those oils are a major part of the plant and crumbly bud burns hot, which in addition to being harsh also burns up extra THC rather than vaporizing it.

Great info Shad. I've seen a stable rise in humidity from just a breath or two into a jar; it's a good way to adjust a jar with low humidity. There was an eBay seller a few months ago that offered two micro digital hygrometers with temps, delivered for only $8.
    Live and let live.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234