Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 256789101112

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 35/0
    Given: 62/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default People Worship Weeping Tree In California !!

A growing number of Catholics in Fresno, California believe that a tree outside St. John’s Cathedral is weeping God’s tears.

“When you say ‘glory be to God in Jesus’ name’ the tree starts throwing out more water,” parishioner Maria Ybarra told KGPE-TV. Ybarra was the first person to feel the drops of liquid, which began falling from the Crape Myrtle tree on Wednesday. As news spread, more and more people gathered under the tree to pray. “I said my prayer and asked the Lord to give me a miracle cause I’m really, really sick,” Rosemarie Navarro said.

it seems that there’s a scientific explanation for the falling liquid… the excrement of insects known as aphides or tree lice.

“The aphides will suck the sap, the sap goes through the aphid and then it is a honey dew excrement from the aphid and it gets so heavy in the summertime that it will drip down,” Reelhorn said. He also pointed out that other trees on the same street had liquid dripping from them as well.

Despite the explanation, some parishioners remain convinced that there is something more to the tree. “They can say it’s this theory, that theory, the tree does this every year, it’s odd when it happens when there is bunch of people praying. When you are asking the Holy Spirit to reveal itself and then it happens all of a sudden and it’s still here,” parishioner Janine Esquivel-Oji told Fox 29.

But Maria Ybarra still believes. She says her faith is strong.

"I know it's coming from God, and ye of little faith will not reach the kingdom of God," she said.

“I can tell you looking at it from a scientific standpoint and a spiritual standpoint it is the work of God manifesting here on earth,” Ybarra agreed .

"The ultimate goal of farming is not the growing of crops, but the cultivation and perfection of human beings."

-Masanobu Fukuoka -

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

Default How to be an Aphidite

Let's see now..

We could pray.

We could look for aphids and ants.

We could even taste their droppings for sugar..

Nah, let's stick with denial, everyone!
    Fingers in your ears, now!!

(that's how they pray)
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 315/0

"How shall we fuck off, Oh Lord?"
    -- Monty Python's Life of Brian

Last edited by groo; 08-17-2013 at 08:33 AM.
    I do not fail -- I succeed at finding out what does not work.

Thumbs Up/Down

Ahem..

He's not the messiah. He's a very naughty boy!
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 315/0

I just thought it a fitting clip tying in about people trying too hard to find "signs".
    I do not fail -- I succeed at finding out what does not work.

Thumbs Up/Down

When I say the clip posted I said to myself "Oh, please let it be the Shoe one".

Close enough, I saw a guy holding a sandal

That was a great quote for a final line too, groo

One of the "lost books" perhaps?

I'll check the Bagavad Gita.

Speaking of..

I've been waiting two years for the JW's to come back to my house so among other things I can say
    But the Bagavad Gita doesn't mention anything about that.
    I'm also going to answer their opening Q of"Do you think the world is perfect?" with "Yes " and see what that gets me Then when they ask me if I'm familiar with the bible, instead of letting them know I'm ordained, I'll ask them where there's is

I used one of their Watchtower pamphlets as mulch and the plants died

..ok, I'm joking, but it was funny...wasn't it?

Last edited by Shadimar; 08-17-2013 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Added Critical Data from WMAP probe.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Thumbs Up/Down

Above is perhaps the most famous eulogy worth watching.

In honour of the ex-Chapman in Groo's clip.

Oh, and if you need to laugh at someone today..

♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Thumbs Up/Down

Default For Authentic Italian Taste, Make It Bigota.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/0...osexual-family

Guido Barilla, whose firm has almost half the Italian pasta market and a quarter of that in the US, told Italy’s La Zanzara radio show last night: “I would never do an advert with a homosexual family…if the gays don’t like it they can go an eat another brand. “For us the concept of the sacred family remains one of the fundamental values of the company.”
    He added: “Everyone has the right to do what they want without disturbing those around them”. But then the pasta magnate upped the ante by attacking gay adoption. “I have no respect for adoption by gay families because this concerns a person who is not able to choose," he said.

He's right. Everyone has a right to do what they want. And you have the right to choose another brand the next time you are grocery shopping.
    Hmm.. Barilla stock just went down (Thursday Morning).

The article comments are full of alternatives to buying biggoted pasta brands
    Last edited by Shadimar; 09-28-2013 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Added Quote From Link
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Ex-Slave State, deep in the heart of Dixie!
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 36/0
    Given: 17/1

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Valentin View Post
    A growing number of Catholics in Fresno, California believe that a tree outside St. John’s Cathedral is weeping God’s tears.

“When you say ‘glory be to God in Jesus’ name’ the tree starts throwing out more water,” parishioner Maria Ybarra told KGPE-TV. Ybarra was the first person to feel the drops of liquid, which began falling from the Crape Myrtle tree on Wednesday. As news spread, more and more people gathered under the tree to pray. “I said my prayer and asked the Lord to give me a miracle cause I’m really, really sick,” Rosemarie Navarro said.

it seems that there’s a scientific explanation for the falling liquid… the excrement of insects known as aphides or tree lice.

“The aphides will suck the sap, the sap goes through the aphid and then it is a honey dew excrement from the aphid and it gets so heavy in the summertime that it will drip down,” Reelhorn said. He also pointed out that other trees on the same street had liquid dripping from them as well.

Despite the explanation, some parishioners remain convinced that there is something more to the tree. “They can say it’s this theory, that theory, the tree does this every year, it’s odd when it happens when there is bunch of people praying. When you are asking the Holy Spirit to reveal itself and then it happens all of a sudden and it’s still here,” parishioner Janine Esquivel-Oji told Fox 29.

But Maria Ybarra still believes. She says her faith is strong.

"I know it's coming from God, and ye of little faith will not reach the kingdom of God," she said.

“I can tell you looking at it from a scientific standpoint and a spiritual standpoint it is the work of God manifesting here on earth,” Ybarra agreed .

The US Constitution, and Bill of Rights are just totally awesome. You got to love America, I sure do! So, our government leaders are corrupt, and men take advantage of others using religion, but all in all, you've got to love the freedom we enjoy here in this great land of ours; the land of the free & the home of the brave. Imagine what would've happened to those people during medieval times, they most likely would've been burned alive.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/0
    Given: 0/0

Quote Originally Posted by Arboles View Post
    The US Constitution, and Bill of Rights are just totally awesome. You got to love America, I sure do! So, our government leaders are corrupt, and men take advantage of others using religion, but all in all, you've got to love the freedom we enjoy here in this great land of ours; the land of the free & the home of the brave. Imagine what would've happened to those people during medieval times, they most likely would've been burned alive.
    Well yeah, the religious have been slaughtering each other since they could hold a sword or rape a virgin and your constitution whilst admirable didn't prevent many atrocities done with the help of religion like slavery and racism until recently and that was only after pressure from secular human rights advocates and which is the only guarantee of freedom of and freedom from religion.

But I totally agree, as foundational documents for a country they are a sound bedrock on which to build a nation but in reality you still have massive problems with the separation of church and state and when the politicians are out looking for votes they are all trying to 'out Jesus' each other but if our politicians in the UK appealed to religion to get votes like the Americans do they'd get laughed off the stage and be told to stop 'god bothering' us.

We want to know what the guy can actually do and aren't interested in his imaginary friend.

I blows my mind that people like Palin and Bachman aren't boo'd off stage and pelted with eggs as these mental cripples wouldn't last a minute in the UK as it would be instant death by laughter.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/0
    Given: 0/0

Quote Originally Posted by Shadimar View Post
    When I say the clip posted I said to myself "Oh, please let it be the Shoe one".

Close enough, I saw a guy holding a sandal

That was a great quote for a final line too, groo

One of the "lost books" perhaps?

I'll check the Bagavad Gita.

Speaking of..

I've been waiting two years for the JW's to come back to my house so among other things I can say

I'm also going to answer their opening Q of"Do you think the world is perfect?" with "Yes " and see what that gets me Then when they ask me if I'm familiar with the bible, instead of letting them know I'm ordained, I'll ask them where there's is

I used one of their Watchtower pamphlets as mulch and the plants died

..ok, I'm joking, but it was funny...wasn't it?

It was funny Shad bruv but maybe not quite the rib tickler when about 30 years ago two mormons who called I invited into the house where my three mates were about 10 minutes short of peaking on pure acid and both lots of faces were a picture as my mates think I've just walked in with two detectives and the 'detectives' are taking in the decadent debauchery of a day tripped off your tits with your mates and when my friends recovered we had us some sport with these two clean cut chaps from America but we weren't mean, just teased them about being so squeaky clean and they soon beat a hasty retreat, heh heh!

Then my mates ripped into me for freaking them right out!

Thumbs Up/Down

Ah yea well, brown eyed girl! I've never lived under the rule of a Monarchy. I grew up a free man, in a free Republic, & even as a small child, I pledged allegiance to my country's flag in school every day, & sang patriotic songs like My Country Tis of Thee, & the national anthem. While growing up, these sort of things left an indelible impression upon my mind. And although as a youngster, I only attended church less times than I have fingers, I instinctively knew and understood that America was set a part from the rest of the world, and that it was also a very special place upon the Earth.

It wasn't til I began to be a man did I gain an understanding about the true nature of Liberty & the freedom of religion. As I've grown older, living amongst people of various race & religion, I've learned the great need of tolerance within a society, and everyone that wishes to remain free must be committed to defending the rights & liberty of their fellow man, instead of bashing his beliefs. Thomas Jefferson once said, and I quote: The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. This generation's freedom was bought & paid for with the blood of former patriots, and I feel the time will soon be at hand when the tree of liberty will need to be refreshed once again. If those of this generation that have tyranny in their hearts, continue to provoke the anger of free men, history has a lesson for them, and they would do good to take heed, swallow their pride & beware, lest their end be likened unto those, that out of necessity had to leave their comfort zones to remain free. Only tolerance & respect will promote peace, so, there's no need to blast another man's religion. Personally, I find no pleasure in doing so. My philosophy has always been simple, don't F with me and I won't F with you. Cheers Mates!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockster View Post
    Well yeah, the religious have been slaughtering each other since they could hold a sword or rape a virgin and your constitution whilst admirable didn't prevent many atrocities done with the help of religion like slavery and racism until recently and that was only after pressure from secular human rights advocates and which is the only guarantee of freedom of and freedom from religion.

But I totally agree, as foundational documents for a country they are a sound bedrock on which to build a nation but in reality you still have massive problems with the separation of church and state and when the politicians are out looking for votes they are all trying to 'out Jesus' each other but if our politicians in the UK appealed to religion to get votes like the Americans do they'd get laughed off the stage and be told to stop 'god bothering' us.

We want to know what the guy can actually do and aren't interested in his imaginary friend.

I blows my mind that people like Palin and Bachman aren't boo'd off stage and pelted with eggs as these mental cripples wouldn't last a minute in the UK as it would be instant death by laughter.
    Live and let live.

Thumbs Up/Down

Oh, so you're cool with Gay Marriage now?

Equal rights for Everyone means everyone.

Or are we going to get stuck with a bronze age piece of bigotry?

There's plenty of other Bronze Age tech to go along with that too, mak-um big fire and wave-um big stick.

Oh and while we're at it, lots of great scripture to go along with that as well, but we've already been down that road
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Thumbs Up/Down

Oh, so you're cool with Gay Marriage now?

Equal rights for Everyone means everyone.

Or are we going to get stuck with a bronze age piece of bigotry?

There's plenty of other Bronze Age tech to go along with that too, mak-um big fire and wave-um big stick.

Oh and while we're at it, lots of great scripture to go along with that as well, but we've already been down that road
    It broke my mom's heart when I showed her that Randolph Scott, one of her favorite western movie actors was gay. It didn't seem to affect me, I still love watching his movies. Personally, I love the sweet delicious taste of a pretty woman, & I've loved making babies with beautiful women, it's a special thing. I'm not out on the streets promoting anything; I don't sell cannabis, but I'll freely give some to a suffering adult. I don't believe in legislating morality, men should be free to do as they please, to seek happiness where they find it. I believe jails are for people that hurt, or seek to harm peace lovers, especially those that can't be trusted in a free society, they need to be in a cage.

Ah, gay marriage, never would've dreamed this issue would arise during my brief sojourn upon the Earth. Love is very complicated, it's multifaceted, & it has a counterfeit called lust. I've experienced both, but a love gone bad will cut a man deep, to his very core, specially when children are involved. Maybe gay couples are lucky in the sense that they can't bring other humans into the world, they don't suffer from breaking up near as much as a heterosexual couple. There is a perfect way, or el camino, in espanol, to true & lasting happiness, I just hope everyone finds the path that leads there.
    Live and let live.

Thumbs Up/Down

Funny how hard that question has been to answer for the last 6 months or so

As a small child I decided that arbitrarily treating people differently was a useless practice that I would have no part of.

When the religious wrong decided to throw a tantrum over modernizing society and granting equal marriage rights, I first thought that a compromise would be the "civil union" route. But no. It would be equally fair to grant Gay Marriage and hand out straight Civil Unions.

Stated that way, people tend to understand a little quicker that it's neither compromise nor a fair deal to treat one group differently than another regardless of what the topic is.

So, about Gay Marriage..

Are you going bronze age or 21st century?
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Thumbs Up/Down

Nice PM, Arboles.

How about answering the question you've been dodging for half a year now because you know how wrong your answer is instead of questioning my orientation

Then again, who am I to assume you know it's wrong.

We've been explaining it for months with no headway

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

(by extension, I'm pretty sure this means something )
    Last edited by Shadimar; 09-30-2013 at 09:47 AM.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Epic Genetics

everyone should be gay, best population controll i can think of , let the human race END

its as wrong as wrong can be IMO

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Epic Genetics View Post
    best population controll i can think of
    Oh, but haven't you heard?

At only 7 billion or so of us left, we're virtually extinct on this overpopulated planet of ours as has been mentioned, and then quickly backpedaled away from, earlier in this thread as an argument against gay marriage

Yeah.. that angle didn't work when he tried a few months ago either (the "don't let them marry or we'll all die out" approach).

I've never heard of it working and would not want to meet the people such an attempt works on although it is interesting to hear them try to defend it, purely for entertainment value, especially when you cement them on that and then ask them about straight marriage, straight couples with no children, marriages that occur in the elderly who will not have any/more children and of course the opposition to gay adoption that typically goes hand in hand despite the fact that there are people willing to adopt said children and remove them from the foster homes they've been crowded into.
    Last edited by Shadimar; 09-30-2013 at 11:49 AM.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Epic Genetics

Oh, but haven't you heard?

At only 7 billion or so of us left, we're virtually extinct on this overpopulated planet of ours as has been mentioned, and then quickly backpedaled away from, earlier in this thread as an argument against gay marriage

Yeah.. that angle didn't work when he tried a few months ago either (the "don't let them marry or we'll all die out" approach).

I've never heard of it working and would not want to meet the people such an attempt works on although it is interesting to hear them try to defend it, purely for entertainment value, especially when you cement them on that and then ask them about straight marriage, straight couples with no children, marriages that occur in the elderly who will not have any/more children and of course the opposition to gay adoption that typically goes hand in hand despite the fact that there are people willing to adopt said children and remove them from the foster homes they've been crowded into.
    think of it this way , if everyone was gay (by accepting it i could see it getting close enough) , how many people would be on this earth in 100 years ?

Thumbs Up/Down

Hey, Marge. What do you call it when a guy is gay for a girl? - Homer Jay Simpson
    From the Gay Money Simpsons ep (it's actually titled something else but Mayor Quimby makes the GM remark early in the episode).
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 256789101112