Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default Hard to find a DG, so I will grow

Firstly, bare with me, I have severe ADHD so I have trouble staying on track, and I am not a green thumb, but I would like to learn to grow.
    I wanted to respect my wifes wishes to not grow at home, but I cant find a line on a DG, and I dont know anybody with suitable property.

what I have, A private backyard in the city, with tall bushes and full trees on the perimeter. but still have neighbours, and having plants outside where some kid with a good nose might do some snooping around worries me a little.

a mess of tall flowers, raspberry bushes and other junk in the center approx 10X12 area.
    A secure garage in which I can build a room (I am a skilled carpenter), max size 6ftX6ftX8ftheight, I may be able to squeeze in another 2 ft on the length. So first off, is this a decent size?
    I guess I should mention, 4g/day limit.

So, my first idea, maybe a dumb one, but im here to learn, if I were to grow in soil and pots, move the plants into the thick of mess I have in the center of the yard during the day, then bring them into the garage at night to avoid rippers, would that shock or stress the plants? If I were to do this, would I keep them in the dark at night? or under lights for a portion of the night?

Or, with the size of the room, to grow in soil under lights indoors the entire time, what would be a good cheap set up?

any recommendations on space saving plants?
    I mostly smoke Kush strains, OG usually, but these are usually very large plants are they not?

Any and all help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 211/0
    Given: 1/0

Hi there,

OG is stretchy, so while Big is relative, be prepared for stretch.
    I'd use one 600W light per 4sq/ft, if you live near Toronto you can buy reasonably priced equipment from one of a few hydroponics warehouses. I recommend electronic ballasts over magnetic (traditional style).
    I recommend cool tubes, if you use cooltubes you will want atleast 200cfm per tube. If you aren't running cooltube reflectors, you will want to exchange your air volume every 3 mins or less, (dim of room / CFM = [3 or less]), and attach an appropriate carbon filter. Your filter will reduce your static pressure significantly, I tend to add around 200 cfm per filter to my calcs. Because you are in a garage, you will want to have a dehumidifier and some sort of either cooling or external exchange air system for your garage. Lastly, build a stand for your plants so that they aren't sitting on cold concrete, it's bad for the roots.

Your other suggestions aren't reasonable. They involve too much commitment as well as physical labour. I don't plan to come back and defend that statement either lol.

Good luck,
    Currently hording the following elite genetics;

Grape Escape x Afghani Kush, Iranian Land Race x Pre-98 Bubba Kush, Florida Skunk Ape x Purple Kush, Green Crack BX, Grape Escape x Green Crack.
    Tranquil Elephantizer, Blue Dream Lotus, Orange SunShine.
    OG Ghost Train haze #1.
    Blue Cheese.
    MK Ultra, The Hog, Wreckage.
    Nevilles Haze, Critical Mass, SSH, Black Widow, Shark Shock, Medicine Man, G13 Widow, Ortega, Angels Breath.
    Petrolia Head Stash, Willie Nelson, Golden Temple Kush.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 35/0
    Given: 62/0

Tell your wife that vic toew told you that you could grow six plants

forget that inside outside idea, the rippers are part of growing outdoors, find a place far far away and do some guerrilla farming
    "The ultimate goal of farming is not the growing of crops, but the cultivation and perfection of human beings."

-Masanobu Fukuoka -

Thumbs Up/Down

I told her this, she said "well, vics about to jump off a bridge"

I said "me first!" and ran to the door lol, she kind of cracked a smile.

I was scouting spots last year when I was fishing, but everywhere I fish is 3 - 4 hours away, its not ideal for care taking.
    that and im in simcoe county ontario and would have to go North, most of the land is covered with about 2" of soil with nothing but rock underneath
    I have been researching swamp tubes, and drawing plans for a floating platform to put in the bull rushes of a pond I may have access too

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

I planted beans outdoors once, the plan was plant fems and come back in the fall.

Well I did.. found out the soil was about an inch deep before it turned over to waterproof gray clay.

Not a bud was harvested
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightToker View Post
    Hi there,

OG is stretchy, so while Big is relative, be prepared for stretch.
    I'd use one 600W light per 4sq/ft, if you live near Toronto you can buy reasonably priced equipment from one of a few hydroponics warehouses. I recommend electronic ballasts over magnetic (traditional style).
    I recommend cool tubes, if you use cooltubes you will want atleast 200cfm per tube. If you aren't running cooltube reflectors, you will want to exchange your air volume every 3 mins or less, (dim of room / CFM = [3 or less]), and attach an appropriate carbon filter. Your filter will reduce your static pressure significantly, I tend to add around 200 cfm per filter to my calcs. Because you are in a garage, you will want to have a dehumidifier and some sort of either cooling or external exchange air system for your garage. Lastly, build a stand for your plants so that they aren't sitting on cold concrete, it's bad for the roots.

Your other suggestions aren't reasonable. They involve too much commitment as well as physical labour. I don't plan to come back and defend that statement either lol.

Good luck,
    Ok, I wrote it all down, but I really only understand the light wattage and importance of air exchange lol.
    Im as green as the crop I want to grow.
    I need to go to a place with customer service to explain things to me in person or by phone. I dont retain information well by reading.

Ive already started building, but as far as the grow goes, I think Im going to start with a little 2 or 3 plant soil grow in the corner just to learn, I am from Barrie, ON, so If you could recommend some of those places you mentioned in the city that would be great.

we have a few hydroponic stores in Barrie, Homegrown Hydroponics, dutchman, Big Als, im not sure of their products or prices.
    Ive seen these guys advertise alot as well http://www.canadianwholesalehydroponics.com/ they "specialize in the MMAR community" or so they say

Thumbs Up/Down

Will PM you, TN.
    "To continue outlawing the use of a drug shown to have life-saving, anti-cancer benefits, that has been used safely as a medication for thousands of years, is irresponsible."

Thumbs Up/Down

replied, thank you sir.