Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 179/1
    Given: 151/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default ducksfoot number 2

haveing problems germing these soaked in water 24 hours than paper towel under heated dome..nothing any ideas on what i could do to get these to sprout..i was really hopeing to get these under the big texas sky this summer..a friend mentioned hydrogen peroxide in the water any truth to this? thanks every1 hope all is well
    Life is too valuable, easy does it..

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

Maybe try simplifying your methods a lil and just throw em right in soil.... not trying to be a smart ass, just saying sometimes we overcomplicate this stuff, have seen seeds start in terrible conditions. Also when you say heated I assume you mean, heat mat right? You got a thermostat on that bad boy? Could be making hot spots or just be plain old too hot. Just bought a thermostat for my heat mat cuz I think it was a lil too hot, have not gotten a chance to try it yet.
    Last edited by CANNAbal; 04-07-2013 at 10:16 AM.
    Known in other places as Natro.hydro, this sounded catchier...

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 216/0
    Given: 417/0

Hey jam, I dip a tooth pick, about half of it, not dripping, in 35% hydrogen peroxide and mix it in a shot glass of water and let the seeds sit in shot glass for 24hrs. If your using the 3% over the counter hydrogen peroxide, its about 3ml per half liter of water or Half a teaspoon per pint. I find it helps older seed stock germinate.

NM

Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/0
    Given: 2/0

People used to take an emery board to the seed hulls.
    and some seeds need a cold period of dormancy in order to sprout. Many flower bulbs need this.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 94/1
    Given: 8/0

Quote Originally Posted by undereducated View Post
    People used to take an emery board to the seed hulls.
    and some seeds need a cold period of dormancy in order to sprout. Many flower bulbs need this.
    I do this,,, well kinda,,, got a piece of emery cloth in a small match box,,, drop in,,, shake fer a few,, then soak,,,, I think it depends on how much they were hardened off before storage,,, wheres the seed guys at,,,,, huh?,, hehee

R

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 96/0
    Given: 76/3

Hey Jam. Out of the10 that I put to germ only 4sprouted . Out of the 4 only one was looking very good until I babied them for a week or so an got them settled into their perminate pots of hydroton an in the flood table . I started terming the rainbow chunks same day an less than 36 hrs they the rainbows had sprouted, But it took the ducks longer and spread out between 4-9days might have been longer on the last one . They must be some older stock maybe. Long story short I got 9 of 10 rainbows and 4of 10 of the ducks going now about 2 1/2 weeks in veg . Both strains seem to be slow growers with the rainbow chunky becoming a quite Bushy short stout plants they are only 7 inches and stalks are Pencil size with very close node spacing . Anyways give the ducks some extra time they are pretty slow to sprout and very finicky so keep the nutes lite at first. Good luck . Oj

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 179/1
    Given: 151/0

Default thanks every1

will let yall know if anything sprouts peace
    Life is too valuable, easy does it..

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

I appear to be having similar issues with a rather special set of F13 beans from 2007.

Perhaps the age is the problem, although I've popped beans from '06 pretty much overnight.

Good luck, jam
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.