Thread: PH during flush

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 102/0
    Given: 224/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default PH during flush

do you ph your flush water or not?

i messed up my ph the other day which got me thinking

why not throw off the ph by dumping straight non-ph'd water through them,and just keep ph off during whole flush to cause nute lock and get em to turn a nice yellow by eating up what food they stored? p
    Its a known fact if you vaporize a mite his soul becomes yours ...

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 94/1
    Given: 8/0

hum,,,,, wonder,,,,,

R

Thumbs Up/Down

curiosity got me ... so for past few days all water they get is straight RO at 5.2 .. im testing it out..lol

i google'd it and its 50/50 ,,, some ph some dont...

Jonathon Goldsmith

I used to adjust pH during flushing, but recently came across this link 'How to grow Cannatonic in 10 Weeks', detailed and straightforward grow journal. In week 10 they suggest no pH adjustment from tap water, in week 9 they don't adjust the pH from tap water in the belief it helps prevent botritis. First time I've heard this suggestion.

http://www.resinseeds.net/Cannatonic,en.html

Thumbs Up/Down

interesting ... i would of used my tap water but its 450+ppm atm 8.5 ph,,,from the well.... my ro is reading 30ppm @ 5.2 but im thinking my probe it acting up,,it usually 5.8-6.5 .. its so hard to read ro water,,the meter bounces all over .. maybe the res had residue (molasses ) left from previous watering thats dropping it to 5.2...

at any rate the plants dont seem to mind the un ph flush at 5.2 ,next will be 5.8-6.5(what ever it comes out as)im not ph'n im washing res tonight... there really packing on weight and solid as can be expected ..tomorrow is 8weeks(56 days) now the fun begins.. probably 7-10 days left...have some beautiful purple happening ..
    Last edited by jay_sun; 03-09-2013 at 10:42 PM.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 216/0
    Given: 417/0

I believe, that flushing is twofold.

1- To remove as much salts build up in the root zone. (Organics do not apply, no need to flush)

2- Force the plant to use up any reserve nutrients it has stored up.

Now as I understand, not PHing the water will lock-out the nutrients, stressing the plant not to use up some of the stored

nutrients. You may be just removing salt build up using this method.

Result could be harsher than usual final dried/cured bud. (Not so good)

Maybe one of the grow mentors can chime in with an opinion.

NM

Jonathon Goldsmith

Most folks don't know how to properly flush.
    End product always proves it.

Thumbs Up/Down

here's another thought ...since RO water has no buffer...wouldnt the pure RO adjust itself to the current ph of the promix?

eg: if my res has 2gallons left in it 700ppm @6.5ph (or any ph) ...i can add 5gallons of straight RO and the ppm will drop but ph stays the same..

my last grow i had very tasty meds,i hope i didn't mess it up to bad..

edit: maybe stress is a good thing while flushing ,,i been reading again ..haha.. i cut a og18 last week ..it really gets my mind going..

The simplest method of flushing is to just feed water in the last week or two before harvesting

"Stress - when the flush is administered it creates a root stress that forces energy in the plant to be expended, therefore using up the
    excess nutrients stored and ripening the plant at the same time. Some of the flushes that employ this technique are so powerful that they actually destroy the roots of the plant, triggering a survival instinct, forcing all of the energy into reproduction (i.e. the buds)."
    Last edited by jay_sun; 03-10-2013 at 09:55 AM.

Thumbs Up/Down

[QUOTE=jay_sun;339684]interesting ... i would of used my tap water but its 450+ppm atm 8.5 ph,,,from the well.... my ro is reading 30ppm @ 5.2 but im thinking my probe it acting up,,it usually 5.8-6.5 .. its so hard to read ro water,,the meter bounces all over .. maybe the res had residue (molasses ) left from previous watering thats dropping it to 5.2...

at any rate the plants dont seem to mind the un ph flush at 5.2 ,next will be 5.8-6.5(what ever it comes out as)im not ph'n im washing res tonight... there really packing on weight and solid as can be expected ..tomorrow is 8weeks(56 days) now the fun begins.. probably 7-10 days left...have some beautiful purple happening ..[/QUO

that purple looks sweet ,,,,, don't it,,,, I been cutn back the micro first,,,getm good n frosty bout 7.5 weeks in,,,drop micro to 1/2,, then to 1/4,,,, then killed off the rest last week n half,,, purple as a new bruise,,,,, Oh,,,, Ya,,,,, doesn,t seem to affect potency,,, I always kept ph'n ( 6.4,,, 6.5,,, soil,,) but used 1/2 tap,1/2 ro,, so ppms were up around 125,,, the last cple weeks,,,,
    they look ,, cool,,, like,,, hell,,,, even after ya grind it ,,,,

R
    Last edited by ROLNIK; 03-10-2013 at 10:53 AM. Reason: hum,,, I wonder,,,, da,,,,

Thumbs Up/Down

[QUOTE=ROLNÍK;339705]
    Quote Originally Posted by jay_sun View Post
    interesting ... i would of used my tap water but its 450+ppm atm 8.5 ph,,,from the well.... my ro is reading 30ppm @ 5.2 but im thinking my probe it acting up,,it usually 5.8-6.5 .. its so hard to read ro water,,the meter bounces all over .. maybe the res had residue (molasses ) left from previous watering thats dropping it to 5.2...

at any rate the plants dont seem to mind the un ph flush at 5.2 ,next will be 5.8-6.5(what ever it comes out as)im not ph'n im washing res tonight... there really packing on weight and solid as can be expected ..tomorrow is 8weeks(56 days) now the fun begins.. probably 7-10 days left...have some beautiful purple happening ..[/QUO

that purple looks sweet ,,,,, don't it,,,, I been cutn back the micro first,,, bout 7.5 weeks in,,,getm good n frosty,,,, then killed off the rest last week n half,,, purple as a new bruise,,,,, Oh,,,, Ya,,,,, doesn,t seem to affect potency,,,
    they look ,, cool,,, like,,, hell,,,, even after ya grind it ,,,,

R
    it does look awesome for sure....i must start keeping notes ,,i think ..lol.. the whole grow kinda been a struggle..but they seem to guide me..haha im learning by mistakes ..and there loving life..

i sorta guessed on the day 56(8week), but there darn close to that,maybe a day or 2 past ...it was driving me insane not knowing ..so i decided january 13th was start of 12/12(was probably earlier )....im guessing 7-10 days left..so just water now..

theres beautiful purple/yellow going on...very nice reds..

got some foxtailing or crowning whatever its called going on too..only the kushberry tho.. and its furthest ahead,,maybe even done.. but it staying abit longer ...cause they say,,when it looks done give em one more week..hehe

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 216/0
    Given: 417/0

here's another thought ...since RO water has no buffer...wouldnt the pure RO adjust itself to the current ph of the promix?

eg: if my res has 2gallons left in it 700ppm @6.5ph (or any ph) ...i can add 5gallons of straight RO and the ppm will drop but ph stays the same..

my last grow i had very tasty meds,i hope i didn't mess it up to bad..

edit: maybe stress is a good thing while flushing ,,i been reading again ..haha.. i cut a og18 last week ..it really gets my mind going..

The simplest method of flushing is to just feed water in the last week or two before harvesting

"Stress - when the flush is administered it creates a root stress that forces energy in the plant to be expended, therefore using up the
    excess nutrients stored and ripening the plant at the same time. Some of the flushes that employ this technique are so powerful that they actually destroy the roots of the plant, triggering a survival instinct, forcing all of the energy into reproduction (i.e. the buds)."

If the PH level of 6.3 is considered to be optimum for soil/soiless medium, your RO being 5.2ish PH or the level of 7 PH refered to

in the link from resin seeds, we are looking at a swing of about one point either way on the PH. I dont think this will have too

much of a negative effect on flushing at the end of the flowering cycle. But at 8.5 PH level of your well water, I would be more

concerned.

As Jonathon Goldsmith stated the final product will always be the judging factor!

Just hate to see one find out the hard way, thats all.

A couple of ripening tips, that I use

1- Reduce light to 11 hrs on 13 off, the last week, to mimic days getting shorter

2- Raise the light, the last week to reduce light intensity on plants.

NM

Thumbs Up/Down

MMMmmm,, Purp,,,Kush Berry,,,,, Oh,,, Hell,,,, Ya,,,,,

R

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Man View Post
    If the PH level of 6.3 is considered to be optimum for soil/soiless medium, your RO being 5.2ish PH or the level of 7 PH refered to

in the link from resin seeds, we are looking at a swing of about one point either way on the PH. I dont think this will have too

much of a negative effect on flushing at the end of the flowering cycle. But at 8.5 PH level of your well water, I would be more

concerned.

As Jonathon Goldsmith stated the final product will always be the judging factor!

Just hate to see one find out the hard way, thats all.

A couple of ripening tips, that I use

1- Reduce light to 11 hrs on 13 off, the last week, to mimic days getting shorter

2- Raise the light, the last week to reduce light intensity on plants.

NM
    i agree 8.5 wouldn't be good for them,i only use RO water ,once in awhile i mix 25% well water in there ..but for this flush i will try just RO ..
    5.2 was a mistake ,, it said 6.2 but when i went in room few hrs later it was 5.2..

they seem to have taken care off the distance from light themselves ..they fell over ..lol.. ,,i tied em up the best i can.. next run..tomato cages

it's never to late to change my timer to 11/13 ..

thanks for the tips ..

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by ROLNÍK View Post
    MMMmmm,, Purp,,,Kush Berry,,,,, Oh,,, Hell,,,, Ya,,,,,

R
    that is beautiful ... what do you keep your night temperature at?

Epic Genetics

i agree 8.5 wouldn't be good for them,i only use RO water ,once in awhile i mix 25% well water in there ..but for this flush i will try just RO ..
    5.2 was a mistake ,, it said 6.2 but when i went in room few hrs later it was 5.2..

they seem to have taken care off the distance from light themselves ..they fell over ..lol.. ,,i tied em up the best i can.. next run..tomato cages

it's never to late to change my timer to 11/13 ..

thanks for the tips ..
    ever think they fell over due to turning mushy soft cause ya messed with the ph ? cages next time or not , if they r mush they are mush

always ph , unless your organic ,,,,,,

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Epic Genetics View Post
    ever think they fell over due to turning mushy soft cause ya messed with the ph ? cages next time or not , if they r mush they are mush

always ph , unless your organic ,,,,,,
    na there far from mushy..heavy yes..
    i couldn't tie/stake 2 and when i moved the ones that was holding em up they dove..lol i should have known better than move em ..i had this problem before ..im just not good at tieing plants up..

Epic Genetics

na there far from mushy..heavy yes..
    i couldn't tie/stake 2 and when i moved the ones that was holding em up they dove..lol i should have known better than move em ..i had this problem before ..im just not good at tieing plants up..
    ah i get ya , didnt know it was due to that/those things

Thumbs Up/Down

don't they always wana droop,,, and get rubber arm like,,, when ya cut the nuts way back,, ?

R

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by ROLNÍK View Post
    don't they always wana droop,,, and get rubber arm like,,, when ya cut the nuts way back,, ?

R
    yes,and it drives me insane,all i can do is watch em..lol

here one from couple yrs back ,,3 pics 1st is before flush, 2nd is after flush, 3rd is after i tried fixing it..LMAO i always get a good laugh looking at these,,,then i invested in cages..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00289-20110119-1656.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	159.4 KB 
ID:	52692   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00312-20110120-1844.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	108.5 KB 
ID:	52693   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00334-20110202-0146.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	174.0 KB 
ID:	52694  

Thumbs Up/Down

that is beautiful ... what do you keep your night temperature at?
    Y
    Temps don't seem to matter much,,, but dark time,,, 65f pretty steady. Last run I kept it up arnd 70 dark,, same result,,,,
    all 3 strains seem to do it,, that's why I thot it was the micro cut back,,,,, I don't do it to all the plants in flower,,, only about 1/4 of them,,,,,,

R

Vegetative Member milkcratejukebox's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 59/0
    Given: 1/0

Default hmmm...

i give straight ph'd balanced water startin week 6 for my Indicas and week 9 for my Sativas...regardless of how long i will keep um on the branch...i harvest with a microscope, not necessarily the calender.

i always ph my water, i use a Zero Water filter setup, been usin it for years, never had a problem.

in my hydro systems, i flush 2 times in my veg cycle, and 2 times in my bud cycle, and i use ph'd water mixed with Super thrive, now i use that to help clean the root system, superthrive will kill off the micro nutes ya been addin, and gives ya a fresh set of roots to continue, i have never, ever had a problem, and you have all seen my rootballs. now that is what i do in hydro, i dont know about soil and the likes, cause i cant get that stuff right, hydro is fool proof.

crate