Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/0
    Given: 2/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default Going to the store in the city

Well I try and not make this trip all that often.
    Got a couple extra jingles of coin and need to source some bloom amendments that i can not source here locally and/or cheaper.
    The fellas who have the Graden shop stick to their MSRP's and few deals are to be found, yet another reason I avoid the trip.

I seen a segment on PBS this morning and they featured a commercial worm casting operation. I came in on the tail end and missed some of it.
    I was most interested in the commercial EWC tea bubbler.
    Was essentially a 5 gal bucket but had a fitting on the bottom side of the bucket to introduce air to steep the mix.
    Included was muslin cloth
    rope
    small bag of castings
    air pump that clipped to the side of the bucket
    Hose and the fitting pre-installed.
    would llike to get a better idea of this, are they using air stones in the bottom or just the air from the pump?

What is a good site to source these fittings used in the trade?

Next, I would like some input on what you are brewing your teas with?
    I want to avoid as many commercial products in favor of home based items not far from home. Some items will need be sourced there and I will spend what I HAVE to.

I have a few ideas, seems the knowledge is the power. Unless created everything comes from somewhere or something. Just need to find the most affordable bang on the buck!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

I got my aquarium pump at Walmart & a bucket from the orange box store... You can get bulk herbs for the plant extracts or manure at the garden store.
    Hippy dippy organic grower

Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down

I had hoped that the farmer store would have alot more! Wasted trip. Now to go tour the aslies of BLOWS. Last i knew that did have a good deal of usefull stuff. Than to end the trip at sam's town. Not getting much crossed off the list and I am sure the garden store would love to sell me some 400% markup items.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

That's too bad. I have a hard time getting things at a reasonable price too. Not sure what area you are in, but sometimes mail is the best bet.
    Hippy dippy organic grower

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 35/0
    Given: 62/0

Amazon and ebay for me works fine when i cant find things locally
    "The ultimate goal of farming is not the growing of crops, but the cultivation and perfection of human beings."

-Masanobu Fukuoka -

Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down

Just hate delivery men with packages as EVERYONE seems to notice a package delivery.
    Especially considering they normally toss it near the front door and walk away.
    My computer is 5 feet from the door and more times than not UPS, Fed Ex, USPS they all just toss it down and never bother to ring the bell.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7/0
    Given: 3/0

tweety is right , the best place to source tea making supplies is grown'de-pot or wally world..

search "bruce dueley compost tea maker" on youtube for easy diy walk through and explinations..

and you should make your own worm farm, far superior castings, lowers garbage output!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 271/0
    Given: 68/1

My computer is 5 feet from the door and more times than not UPS, Fed Ex, USPS they all just toss it down and never bother to ring the bell.
    Pay for expedited delivery; costs a little more but it usually requires a signature.

On a separate note; I'm fond of Attitude seed bank as they offer a guaranteed delivery for a small charge. Customs seized my last order of seeds; emailed Attitude a month after they should have been here, and, got my replacements about 10 days later (overseas shipping). Gotta love it....

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 884/0
    Given: 472/1

That's good news, I had thought there was a loophole that excluded Customs seizing the package.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by airedog View Post
    Pay for expedited delivery; costs a little more but it usually requires a signature.

On a separate note; I'm fond of Attitude seed bank as they offer a guaranteed delivery for a small charge. Customs seized my last order of seeds; emailed Attitude a month after they should have been here, and, got my replacements about 10 days later (overseas shipping). Gotta love it....
    Now there is a story!
    I had ordered a $200 item told the shipper to send signature required.
    Post man supposedly delivered package, was signature required. No signature was obtained.
    The tracking showed it was scheduled to be delivered that day, I delayed plans to ensure there would be someone here to sign.
    The delivery day came and went, I contacted the seller, they confirmed it was out for delivery but had not been delivered or signed for.
    They called the post office on the shipping end and mine the delivery post.
    After their call the tracking went to delivered, No signature!
    Filed loss claim and it got denied, as they claim it was delivered however the signature confirmation that was paid for didn't happen!
    I have quit using USPS for anything!
    How can an item be delivered when the Required signature confirmation was left unsigned! I am out $200 and USPS is near worthless! How can a company who sets the prevailing shipping rates for all others not be able to be profitable?!?!?!?!
    Really don't have much good to say about FedEx or UPS either!