Embryo

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default My call on Vape Pens for stable oils.

Vape Pens, are they up to it?... "Good enough".
    bottom line is I feel that although pen technology is not quite there, it's way close enough for me and the crowd I frequent. Discretion is very valuable since we spend a lot of time with other peoples families, and not everybody wants to explain to their kids what we are doing in the van.. Now we just stand right there in the tent or at the gathering a few feet removed, and get blasted... So, do some homework, and grab one for yourself... doesn't matter which one.

In my opinion and so I don't get in trouble, I will list a few that I think "you can't go wrong with".. you can do your own homework from there and decide which one best fits your needs..

Gentlemans, pricy, I think about 150 delivered, biggest benefit is it holds a lot, you can load .75 g and last a week..., has the kind of tank I prefer for stable oils, low resistance, low mounted ceramic, ss tube etc. I feel that this is the best cartridge system, some of the others have it too, noted below. The gentlemens looks to be nicely put together and has a nice graphic, etc..

Essential Oiler, same as above only a bit less pricy, delivered for about 130 us, comes with two complete pens. Has the "ideal" cartridge setup listed above, might be a bit more plain than the one above.

Atmos Raw, has top heating element, doesn't hold as much as gentelmans or the essential oiler, but still similar. Can be ordered for under 80 dollars and from what I can see other than the smaller payload should do the trick. It has the higher mounted element, similar to a gpen listed below.

Yukon's rig, if you can find it 80 bucks gets you two pens, both with the "ideal" cartridge and a couple extra goodies. Best deal if you can find it he is not a retailer.

Ego C or ego A, good pricing, lots' of options for cartridges I think it's the A cartridge (look for the *A Pen*) with the top element glass style cartridge for stable oils, check first though. 130-150 US Retail

Note:
    All of the above are based on the 510 series threading, and are pretty much interchangeable with each other. The best setup in my opinion is a low resistance, bottom mounted ceramic coil, with a stainless steel tube cartridge, all screwed into a 510 series battery such as the gentlemans, essential, or yukon models but don't get me wrong, the only real negative with the others listed above, is payload size.... There are several options available from pass through you can smoke and charge, to variable output... All should do the job in my opinion in most general cases..

Another option or two are the GPens. The first issue you will hear about is the parts and threads are not interchangeable with the more popular 510 series threads the kits above fit.. However, you can get a small adapter for a couple dollars if you want to and it's not a clunky big thing either, just a small ring. Another "downside?" is the standard GPen cartridge is for liquids or oils like ecig juice. To use the gpen effectively with stable oils you need to buy the glass and nail tank for an additional 50 bucks, it is basically the same as the top ceramic cartridges I noted for some of the kits above, and like the ones above, do the trick, small loads... . I got my kit with a couple extra glass sleeves (this is a weak spot, I have broken one in one month, $5 US). for under 150 US bought from a local brick and mortar operation I support. I have no issues with it at all, in fact, I love it and so do the others on my team.

I have not used the Cloud or the GPen Micro but I am well versed in these things, I have seen both myself, and talked to several friends who are pleased with theirs. You get two complete in the kit for about 130 US.

So, my opinion is if vaping will help you go out and just buy one.. As far as I am concerned although the technology is out there, and remembering anybody can get a lemon... I think on an entry level, any of the above units will do just fine for stable oils such as earwax, oil, or anything else suitable for dabbing...

HTH

Mr. Grimbo

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 37/0
    Given: 6/1

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Grimbo View Post
    Vape Pens, are they up to it?... "Good enough".
    bottom line is I feel that although pen technology is not quite there, it's way close enough for me and the crowd I frequent. Discretion is very valuable since we spend a lot of time with other peoples families, and not everybody wants to explain to their kids what we are doing in the van.. Now we just stand right there in the tent or at the gathering a few feet removed, and get blasted... So, do some homework, and grab one for yourself... doesn't matter which one.

In my opinion and so I don't get in trouble, I will list a few that I think "you can't go wrong with".. you can do your own homework from there and decide which one best fits your needs..

Gentlemans, pricy, I think about 150 delivered, biggest benefit is it holds a lot, you can load .75 g and last a week..., has the kind of tank I prefer for stable oils, low resistance, low mounted ceramic, ss tube etc. I feel that this is the best cartridge system, some of the others have it too, noted below. The gentlemens looks to be nicely put together and has a nice graphic, etc..

Essential Oiler, same as above only a bit less pricy, delivered for about 130 us, comes with two complete pens. Has the "ideal" cartridge setup listed above, might be a bit more plain than the one above.

Atmos Raw, has top heating element, doesn't hold as much as gentelmans or the essential oiler, but still similar. Can be ordered for under 80 dollars and from what I can see other than the smaller payload should do the trick. It has the higher mounted element, similar to a gpen listed below.

Yukon's rig, if you can find it 80 bucks gets you two pens, both with the "ideal" cartridge and a couple extra goodies. Best deal if you can find it he is not a retailer.

Ego C or ego A, good pricing, lots' of options for cartridges I think it's the A cartridge (look for the *A Pen*) with the top element glass style cartridge for stable oils, check first though. 130-150 US Retail

Note:
    All of the above are based on the 510 series threading, and are pretty much interchangeable with each other. The best setup in my opinion is a low resistance, bottom mounted ceramic coil, with a stainless steel tube cartridge, all screwed into a 510 series battery such as the gentlemans, essential, or yukon models but don't get me wrong, the only real negative with the others listed above, is payload size.... There are several options available from pass through you can smoke and charge, to variable output... All should do the job in my opinion in most general cases..

Another option or two are the GPens. The first issue you will hear about is the parts and threads are not interchangeable with the more popular 510 series threads the kits above fit.. However, you can get a small adapter for a couple dollars if you want to and it's not a clunky big thing either, just a small ring. Another "downside?" is the standard GPen cartridge is for liquids or oils like ecig juice. To use the gpen effectively with stable oils you need to buy the glass and nail tank for an additional 50 bucks, it is basically the same as the top ceramic cartridges I noted for some of the kits above, and like the ones above, do the trick, small loads... . I got my kit with a couple extra glass sleeves (this is a weak spot, I have broken one in one month, $5 US). for under 150 US bought from a local brick and mortar operation I support. I have no issues with it at all, in fact, I love it and so do the others on my team.

I have not used the Cloud or the GPen Micro but I am well versed in these things, I have seen both myself, and talked to several friends who are pleased with theirs. You get two complete in the kit for about 130 US.

So, my opinion is if vaping will help you go out and just buy one.. As far as I am concerned although the technology is out there, and remembering anybody can get a lemon... I think on an entry level, any of the above units will do just fine for stable oils such as earwax, oil, or anything else suitable for dabbing...

HTH

Mr. Grimbo

Great little product review but can I add the Omicron and Persei vaporizers as they were the first to bring this technology to market. If I was just starting out I would go with a Omicron a great little device and if you like it Ger the persei that way if you don't have wax,shatter,bho,iso etc you can change the cart out for a herb chamber.

I did not know there were that many oil vaporizers on the market I guess when you have a great product like the Omicron it will get copied.

Thanx great little review

Skunk-mad.
    This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
    Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Remember the name Fort Minor

http://www.classic-cannabis-seed-company.co.uk

COMING SOON!!!

http://www.classic-cannabis-company.co.uk/

Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0

Newest medical grade pen vape is thermo vape cera http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/thermovape-cera.8332/

reviews on this are making the Persei and others take notice. Seems Cera is moving towards a medical device vs using materials that might compromise health.

i find cart system of persei to be tough to get working well. But the glass chamber for herb is nice.

Embryo

Thumbs Up/Down

^^^ well, since you posted it I went through the thread. Me, based on the comments in that thread, I would not personally put that device in my list of ones to buy where "you can't go wrong"... Just my .02...

Mr. Grimbo

Thumbs Up/Down

Great discussion. Lots of good info here.
    Hippy dippy organic grower

TY Concentrates Mentor Graywolf's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0

Our study suggests that a combination of generic battery packs and a 510 cart, the total under $30, works well. We use both a shatter and a decarboxylated oil, but removing the polyfill wick, or leaving it intact.

http://skunkpharmresearch.com/portable-pen-vaporizers/

Embryo

Thumbs Up/Down

ABSOLUTELY... I was remiss in not mentioning your system Graywolf. It was late and I was rambling from memory... Let me officially add your system to the list of "Pens you can not go wrong buying", I would put it at about the top of the list as it has everything I consider "the best" technology available in most if not all areas I am concerned with, when dealing with stable oils... iirc, one of the best buys for the buck, right in the range of the yukon system, just more attainable... Thanks Wolf, sorry I missed that one...

Mr. Grimbo

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0

I use a g-pen with the glass cartridge, works pretty good imho..

Thumbs Up/Down

I use:
    eGo c Twist (1000 mAh) or Vision Spinner(1300mAh) both are Variable Voltage
    Kanger 510 Cartomizer low resistance (LR) polly/cotton filled
    Mouthpiece (your choice)

For eerls(oil), bho, earwax, the thick/solid stuff:
    Remove polly/cotton filling. Load product to the bottom of the cartomizer(cart). Slight heating to the outside of cart might be needed. Turn up the battery to 4.5v. This will heat oil for ten seconds. Turn battery down to 3.0v. Take slow smooth draw; hold; exhale; hi. Little to no smell or smoke. Stealth.

Veggie Glycine Tincture(vgt): (Grower420)

Use cart as it is with the polly/cotton filling. The VGT will need to be thinned to be able to travel through the polly/cotton filling. Mix I found that works for me; 1/4 alcohol to the vgt. example: 1tsp vgt with 1/4 tsp alcohol. With a fresh/new cart I add 6 drops to the polly/cotton filling; Blow though the cart to force the thinned vgt to bottom. Add more drops, blow though again if needed, till the top of the filling looks moist. Attach to battery at 3.7v. Take slow smooth draw; hold; exhale; hi. Little to no smell; more smoke than above. Stealth.

This works great for myself/wife: In fact I have quit smoking ciggs with the nicotine e-juices.
    Last edited by TexBud; 02-09-2013 at 05:47 PM. Reason: I forgot I'm an Eerl Head!

Embryo

Thumbs Up/Down

Another great setup in my opinion, the eGo C and Kangar setup, and by far the cheapest way to go if you can mix and match your own parts on line. Another addition to my list of "pens you can't go wrong with". I am pretty sure these should fall right into the same category as Wolf's and the Yukon setup, but a bit cheaper if you buy the parts seperately yourself. Not much though, from what I know...

As with Grays setup, these are both standard 510 settings so you can mix and match them with several systems. Thanks Tex.

Mr. Grimbo

Thumbs Up/Down

Average prices for each:
    eGo c Twist (1000 mAh) or Vision Spinner(1300mAh) both are Variable Voltage
    $25.00
    Kanger 510 Cartomizer low resistance (LR) polly/cotton filled
    pack of 5 $7.50
    Mouthpiece (your choice)
    Free to sky high
    Charger for battery(s)
    $25.00
    Nicotine e-juice (not needed)
    $15.00 per 30ml bottle. All flavors and nicotine strength

All prices will very. Plenty websites/stores out there. Shop wisely.

For eerls(oil), bho, earwax, the thick/solid stuff:
    Location dependent; Tx.-$100g (not widely available/known) Priceless(moho).

Veggie Glycine Tincture(vgt): (420Grower)
    Location dependent; Tx.-Free-$7.50 per pill (not widely available) Free: use 420Grower's how to/step by step guide.
    Last edited by TexBud; 02-10-2013 at 08:24 AM. Reason: I forgot I'm an Eerl Head!

Embryo

Thumbs Up/Down

Great post Tex... Is the Kangar a low resistance heater?

Mr. Grimbo

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Grimbo View Post
    Great post Tex... Is the Kangar a low resistance heater?

Mr. Grimbo
    +/- .2 under-load
    Low resistance is up the 2.0 ohms
    Regular resistance 2.0 ++ ohms

The Regular Resistance work but I find that you have to heat 2-3 times to get the oil to flow/vapor well. I prefer the LR carts less heating time/drain on battery.

I think; They rate the cartomizers (Reg./LR) heating element or ohms the element can take.
    To answer your question: yes and are priced/used the same.
    Last edited by TexBud; 02-10-2013 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Eerl Head Ramblings