Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 46 of 46
  1. #26
    Embryo

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Okanagan, BC
    Posts
    42
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Rep Power
    8

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default MM new regs are misleading, impossible for most

    Quote Originally Posted by NurseDiane View Post
    Here is link to Canada Gazette with new proposed MM regulations from Health Canada, published Dec 15. MAJOR CHANGES; in short, current program will end March 31, 2014, no more licences to designated growers after Sept 30, 2013. New program to be phased in that puts most of the responsibilities on the newly designated "Licenced Producer", who needs to meet strict new criteria. It is a very long read that I have gone through quickly, will do more in depth reading soon, as I will need to meet LP criteria next year, as will a lot of growers on this site, and across Canada.

    I would love to hear feedback from others; let's help each other meet the new criteria as licenced producers.


    http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/20.../reg4-eng.html
    Three days later, after much research, I realize that Health Canada's new proposed MM program is impossible to transition into from current program for me and many others. Commercial production from owners with huge financial backing will be the only 'Licenced Producers'. The following link on 'How to become a LP' made this very clear that ordinary citizens will not be able to do it.
    http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/dhp-mps/marih...icence-eng.php
    Once HC recognizes marijuana as a medicine, it must follow FDA's standards. Also, HC must recognize m as a controlled narcotic, thus has to follow NCR, narcotic control regulations. Both FDA and NCR have very strict regulations that, for example, entails LP's employing people with various university degrees. This is a whole new ball game that, to me, is an underhanded way of getting rid of growers, many who are helping sick people, and doing no harm to society, most are deeply caring people who come from the heart. HC is so not right. There is no middle of the road here from HC. We must protest this blatant lack of caring for Canadian citizens. HC says new program will decrease illicit growing; I think it will have the opposite effect. Pandora's box has been opened and I fully support those who are against this deadly proposed program. Where is the caring? This whole thing reeks of untruths, contradictions, confusion, and behind the scenes goals that the general public is not aware of. As a retired RN, I am so ashamed of being part of a health system that is so screwed up. Health? What about health? I realize that there are loopholes in current program, can they not tighten up on those? What will happen to sick patients who need their medication now? I just am so sad, disappointed, angry. Revolution definitely fits here. That is my rant, and I'm sticking to it!

  2. #27
    Rednamalas
    Guest

    Default

    its pretty fucked upp any way you look at it.The courts are going to be swamped with court actions and will get tired of the whole thing.I guess I should have expected nothing less from dealing with the government.It will hurt alot of people thats for sure.It wont stop me from doing my thing it never has and never will.But i will drop offline again and not grow for my patient.no phone no friends lol pretty hard for them to get a warrant without anything to go on.peoples we just have to get smart about how we do things again.This health canada bullshit has made alot of us long time growers feel safe but all it did is expose us.

  3. #28
    Flowering Member Guy_In_Pain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,154
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 65/0
    Given: 136/1
    Rep Power
    11

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Send more letters. LOL

    This has been in the works for years folks. I would bet the wiring is already under way for these new LP's, hand picked and in ridings that will support this new intiative.

    And the funny thing is the government allowed all those new applicants to join and man for the last year they were pumping out the volume eh? Just a bunch more names on the list. Then the witch hunt begins. LOL

    Run and hide if you were smart. We have a year head start times a wasting. Or send 10 bucks to sully.
    Help me stop DSS delicate soul syndrome. We need volunteers to hug and hold all the delicate souls until we can heal them. Help us today! You can make a difference in someone's life. Tell them the truth.

  4. #29
    Rednamalas
    Guest

    Default

    On the sully thing. Sully may have come off a little harsh today.This is a decent guy who has been battling cancer for 11 years now.He is sick and tired and if health canada was going to listen to anyone it would be this man. rather then alot of other exemptees that have no excuse to use it other then bought doctors.Sully is willingto fight his last fight of life for this cause and to protect your rights.He was tossed out of being a lawyer cause he smoked pot. if anyone has some insight it would be him.He just may have went a little bit far on his choice of words.Dont count him out cause he rants like the rest of us.


    Quote Originally Posted by Guy_In_Pain View Post
    Send more letters. LOL

    This has been in the works for years folks. I would bet the wiring is already under way for these new LP's, hand picked and in ridings that will support this new intiative.

    And the funny thing is the government allowed all those new applicants to join and man for the last year they were pumping out the volume eh? Just a bunch more names on the list. Then the witch hunt begins. LOL

    Run and hide if you were smart. We have a year head start times a wasting. Or send 10 bucks to sully.

  5. #30
    Seedling Collie Doctor Mon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    A concrete jungle in Canada - turn left at the lights
    Posts
    397
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 72/1
    Given: 374/2
    Rep Power
    8

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Cool

    If I had known those facts about sully, I doubt very much that I would have posted the message that I did to him. I feel kinda shitty about it now but I didn't have this knowledge before hand so I made the decision to take a stand for the good members of this community.
    I won't apologize for what I wrote though because a lot of what he typed in the second post was over the top, disrespectful and offensive to the majority of people who are active in this forum.
    Get up, stand up, stand up for your rights
    Get up, stand up, don't give up the fight


  6. #31
    Vegetative Member Pothead Pete's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TWEED...rhymes with WEED!!
    Posts
    663
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Rep Power
    12

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Cool Sorry for sullly......

    my doctor wasn't paid for either as were many.
    I am getting sick and tired of one patient thinking they have any other rights than any other patient.
    Jesus......I have been on the phone harrassing Hellth canada all day......
    I also have a serious 2 illness that are active and bothersome inside me.

    We are all in this together wether it was Dr K who signed or you paid a million for your sig. Who cares.....
    GROWBIGWEEDINTWEED!!!

  7. #32
    Rednamalas
    Guest

    Default

    Im glad to say my wife and i didnt buy our exemptions. took years of dr,s and specialist to get what we have


    Quote Originally Posted by Pothead Pete View Post
    my doctor wasn't paid for either as were many.
    I am getting sick and tired of one patient thinking they have any other rights than any other patient.
    Jesus......I have been on the phone harrassing Hellth canada all day......
    I also have a serious 2 illness that are active and bothersome inside me.

    We are all in this together wether it was Dr K who signed or you paid a million for your sig. Who cares.....

  8. #33
    Rednamalas
    Guest

    Default

    dont sweat it cause we all rant and rave none of us are perfect.that fact thats where all here shows some unity


    Quote Originally Posted by Collie Doctor Mon View Post
    If I had known those facts about sully, I doubt very much that I would have posted the message that I did to him. I feel kinda shitty about it now but I didn't have this knowledge before hand so I made the decision to take a stand for the good members of this community.
    I won't apologize for what I wrote though because a lot of what he typed in the second post was over the top, disrespectful and offensive to the majority of people who are active in this forum.

  9. #34
    Embryo

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Okanagan, BC
    Posts
    42
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Rep Power
    8

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #35
    Shadbot 4.20 Shadimar's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cannaba
    Posts
    7,753
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1
    Rep Power
    25


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    So if no one can apply to produce until after new regs come into effect, what are we all smoking in the meantime?
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

  11. #36
    Vegetative Member airedog's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    East of the sun and west of the moon.
    Posts
    991
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 266/0
    Given: 68/1
    Rep Power
    11

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Daily Mail rollies; as the government hopes to pop us all for violations of their regs. Gotta fill those new jails somehow....

  12. #37
    Seedling Collie Doctor Mon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    A concrete jungle in Canada - turn left at the lights
    Posts
    397
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 72/1
    Given: 374/2
    Rep Power
    8

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Cool

    Thanks for that, Red I'm feeling somewhat better now but maybe it has more to do with the consumption of some G-13 x HP charas than anything else

    Quote Originally Posted by Rednamalas View Post
    dont sweat it cause we all rant and rave none of us are perfect.that fact thats where all here shows some unity
    I'd gladly take that job....lol

    The licensed producer would also be required to employ a quality assurance person with appropriate training, experience, and technical knowledge to approve the quality of dried marihuana prior to making it available for sale.
    Last edited by Shadimar; 12-20-2012 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Merged Posts
    Get up, stand up, stand up for your rights
    Get up, stand up, don't give up the fight


  13. #38
    Embryo

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ontario...
    Posts
    64
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Rep Power
    9

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    I just wanted to ask you nurse Diane, how is health Canada wrong? Are they wrong because there making use NOW HAVE to purchase this a medicine from them?

    People suffer from other alignments, have to purchase over the counter medicine. Health Care has never been free. Prior to 1999, there was no medical marijuana program available.

    People argue that they can’t afford to buy marihuana at health Canada prices, but people that have to purchase insulin do it at higher prices.

    A member of my family (father ) has suffered from diabetes, for years and has to purchase his medicine like everyone else.

    By no means, and I’m singling you out, but you it seems as though you sad that you can’t be a major player MEDICAL Marijuana.

    I’m not able to enter the markets, of Advil, Midol, Tylenol, or medicine because I can’t meet all the regulations of the FDA.


    The real question is, was HEALTH CANADA SUPPOSE to make this be business venture for people on the program? Where they suppose to say, yes we will give you an opportunity to enter the market and make a living as a commercial producer.

    No, If you have the funds and resources, then you can use this as an opportunity much like Tylenol or other pharmaceutical companies.

    Now the complaint is that the medication might not work well with you, there will be many choices for people to choose from, and at worst if you are on a low income welfare does provide subsidized medicine.

    But again to you Diane, and others, why should health Canada just make it easy for anyone to become a commercial producer. FREE MARKETS RULE. I’m sorry to say, for anyone that can’t meet the regulations, or have the funds, that’s just your luck. This new program wasn’t designed for anyone to come in and make a living bottom line.

    Other wise you no would complaint that there making it impossible for Joe Smoe to get involved, and if the little guy wants to get involved GET A GRANT for research to further your cause and get in that way.



    Quote Originally Posted by NurseDiane View Post
    Three days later, after much research, I realize that Health Canada's new proposed MM program is impossible to transition into from current program for me and many others. Commercial production from owners with huge financial backing will be the only 'Licenced Producers'. The following link on 'How to become a LP' made this very clear that ordinary citizens will not be able to do it.
    http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/dhp-mps/marih...icence-eng.php
    Once HC recognizes marijuana as a medicine, it must follow FDA's standards. Also, HC must recognize m as a controlled narcotic, thus has to follow NCR, narcotic control regulations. Both FDA and NCR have very strict regulations that, for example, entails LP's employing people with various university degrees. This is a whole new ball game that, to me, is an underhanded way of getting rid of growers, many who are helping sick people, and doing no harm to society, most are deeply caring people who come from the heart. HC is so not right. There is no middle of the road here from HC. We must protest this blatant lack of caring for Canadian citizens. HC says new program will decrease illicit growing; I think it will have the opposite effect. Pandora's box has been opened and I fully support those who are against this deadly proposed program. Where is the caring? This whole thing reeks of untruths, contradictions, confusion, and behind the scenes goals that the general public is not aware of. As a retired RN, I am so ashamed of being part of a health system that is so screwed up. Health? What about health? I realize that there are loopholes in current program, can they not tighten up on those? What will happen to sick patients who need their medication now? I just am so sad, disappointed, angry. Revolution definitely fits here. That is my rant, and I'm sticking to it!

  14. #39
    Epic Genetics
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nocollins2k View Post
    I just wanted to ask you nurse Diane, how is health Canada wrong? Are they wrong because there making use NOW HAVE to purchase this a medicine from them?

    People suffer from other alignments, have to purchase over the counter medicine. Health Care has never been free. Prior to 1999, there was no medical marijuana program available.

    People argue that they can’t afford to buy marihuana at health Canada prices, but people that have to purchase insulin do it at higher prices.

    A member of my family (father ) has suffered from diabetes, for years and has to purchase his medicine like everyone else.

    By no means, and I’m singling you out, but you it seems as though you sad that you can’t be a major player MEDICAL Marijuana.

    I’m not able to enter the markets, of Advil, Midol, Tylenol, or medicine because I can’t meet all the regulations of the FDA.


    The real question is, was HEALTH CANADA SUPPOSE to make this be business venture for people on the program? Where they suppose to say, yes we will give you an opportunity to enter the market and make a living as a commercial producer.

    No, If you have the funds and resources, then you can use this as an opportunity much like Tylenol or other pharmaceutical companies.

    Now the complaint is that the medication might not work well with you, there will be many choices for people to choose from, and at worst if you are on a low income welfare does provide subsidized medicine.

    But again to you Diane, and others, why should health Canada just make it easy for anyone to become a commercial producer. FREE MARKETS RULE. I’m sorry to say, for anyone that can’t meet the regulations, or have the funds, that’s just your luck. This new program wasn’t designed for anyone to come in and make a living bottom line.

    Other wise you no would complaint that there making it impossible for Joe Smoe to get involved, and if the little guy wants to get involved GET A GRANT for research to further your cause and get in that way.
    ok im sorry and with all due respect i must ask ,,,,,,

    do you live under a F'ing rock ?

    many people needing this are on disability, for them other medicines ARE covered , but many of those do not work well or at all, many have terrible side effects including death, i for one live with someone on disability and KNOW FOR A FACT she could never afford even half the ammount needed at the soon to be prices, and unfortunately it will not be covered by the benefits she recieves from disability

    im sorry to say this nocollins2k but you and your entire post make me sick, and to think, this site is suposed to be about treating ourselves and helping others to do the same, but you sir/madam just had the opposite effect on me

    have a nice day

  15. #40
    Rednamalas
    Guest

    Default

    i agree my and my wife are both on disibility. 1270 per month wow eh...

    pharam care covers all our meds and if not we can easily get special autority to get them covered. pot is not included This person has no fukin clue on life as i can see.
    just cause a few bad apples ruin this program is no need to cancel it. fuk the education system is flawdd to we cancel it. same as the other areas of heath systems. just is just another bullshit fukin excuse to get rid of pot.it aint gonna happen it will never go away.
    oon that note im going to smoke some diamond kush

    Quote Originally Posted by Epic Genetics View Post
    ok im sorry and with all due respect i must ask ,,,,,,

    do you live under a F'ing rock ?

    many people needing this are on disability, for them other medicines ARE covered , but many of those do not work well or at all, many have terrible side effects including death, i for one live with someone on disability and KNOW FOR A FACT she could never afford even half the ammount needed at the soon to be prices, and unfortunately it will not be covered by the benefits she recieves from disability

    im sorry to say this nocollins2k but you and your entire post make me sick, and to think, this site is suposed to be about treating ourselves and helping others to do the same, but you sir/madam just had the opposite effect on me

    have a nice day

  16. #41
    Shadbot 4.20 Shadimar's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cannaba
    Posts
    7,753
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1
    Rep Power
    25


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    There is indeed a vast difference between a competent pharmaceutical chemist and a horticulturalist.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

  17. #42
    Seedling Collie Doctor Mon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    A concrete jungle in Canada - turn left at the lights
    Posts
    397
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 72/1
    Given: 374/2
    Rep Power
    8

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Cool

    I think the majority of us just want to be able to grow our own medicine without fear of prosecution and persecution from the general population.
    The new regulations state that we can't grow a single plant in our homes.
    We're being forced to buy it from licensed commercial growers who may use substances, nutrients and who knows what else to produce the cannabis.
    I know Health Canada went to the Netherlands in the past to see how their model works.
    Why they didn't go that route is beyond me.
    Get up, stand up, stand up for your rights
    Get up, stand up, don't give up the fight


  18. #43
    Embryo

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Okanagan, BC
    Posts
    42
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Rep Power
    8

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nocollins2k View Post
    I just wanted to ask you nurse Diane, how is health Canada wrong? Are they wrong because there making use NOW HAVE to purchase this a medicine from them?

    People suffer from other alignments, have to purchase over the counter medicine. Health Care has never been free. Prior to 1999, there was no medical marijuana program available.

    People argue that they can’t afford to buy marihuana at health Canada prices, but people that have to purchase insulin do it at higher prices.

    A member of my family (father ) has suffered from diabetes, for years and has to purchase his medicine like everyone else.

    By no means, and I’m singling you out, but you it seems as though you sad that you can’t be a major player MEDICAL Marijuana.

    I’m not able to enter the markets, of Advil, Midol, Tylenol, or medicine because I can’t meet all the regulations of the FDA.


    The real question is, was HEALTH CANADA SUPPOSE to make this be business venture for people on the program? Where they suppose to say, yes we will give you an opportunity to enter the market and make a living as a commercial producer.

    No, If you have the funds and resources, then you can use this as an opportunity much like Tylenol or other pharmaceutical companies.

    Now the complaint is that the medication might not work well with you, there will be many choices for people to choose from, and at worst if you are on a low income welfare does provide subsidized medicine.

    But again to you Diane, and others, why should health Canada just make it easy for anyone to become a commercial producer. FREE MARKETS RULE. I’m sorry to say, for anyone that can’t meet the regulations, or have the funds, that’s just your luck. This new program wasn’t designed for anyone to come in and make a living bottom line.

    Other wise you no would complaint that there making it impossible for Joe Smoe to get involved, and if the little guy wants to get involved GET A GRANT for research to further your cause and get in that way.
    Good points, nocollins. It takes continued research, networking, and courage to be involved with a new paradigm that has stigma attached to it. There are so many people already who are against HC's proposals, the end result will be something in the middle. I am still hoping to meet HC Licensed Producer standards, hopefully they will be attainable for me and other like minded health care workers, and that definition fits many!

    Blessings to you and everyone who reads this on the prophecied 21/12/12 day, a time of much change!!

  19. #44
    Shadbot 4.20 Shadimar's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cannaba
    Posts
    7,753
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1
    Rep Power
    25


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    I'll get to carving a new Sun Stone.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

  20. #45
    Seedling Grand Pa smurf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    419
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Rep Power
    9

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    lol Yeah things get so crazy when it's time to flip a calendar page.

    To me the most entertaining part of the mmpr prop is watching ppl's true motives come bubbling up to the surface as quickly as they do.lol

    cheers,........................................... ...............................gps
    "Broken backs and bloody knuckles, forgotten fathers and long lost uncles, who fought for freedom through piles of lies, it was for our rights our ancestors died.
    War brings profit and profit breeds greed, for those who died in vain, god speed, and for those who'd rewrite the constitution,....

    Fuck off and die mutherfuckers,
    it's our revolution!
    Revolution!"

  21. #46
    Embryo

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Okanagan, BC
    Posts
    42
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Rep Power
    8

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default New Sun Stone

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadimar View Post
    I'll get to carving a new Sun Stone.
    Lol, yessss, do it! It is up to us.We create 3D. A new sun stone....... Love it xoxo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-26-2009, 06:32 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-27-2008, 09:27 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-04-2007, 09:06 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-25-2007, 05:11 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-06-2006, 06:08 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •