Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Question Flush and when to do it ??????

Hi new grower, My plants are looking a1. I read up on flushing, but still not sure ?? I'm using promix
    Feed the every second day with just ph water. Wondering if and when to flush
    And the proper way to flush. Thanks in advance!!!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 658/0
    Given: 667/1

Most growers will only flush your plants if you get a nutrient defficince or when your in flower.You want to flush your plants with ph ed water when you have 2 weeks left in flower.This will take all the nutrients out and make for a better smoke.
    cheere
    Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 347/1

Most only flush if there is a lockout issue, or as a periodic flush to remove salt buildup. Mostly this is for chemical fert users.

Myself running organics, never flush unless I have a PH issue that causes a lockout. I never flush at the end before harvest, I simply stop feeding 2-3 weeks prior to harvest. Organics is much more forgiving and I have not noticed any difference with a flush at the end. Also note I am using the Gen Organics Bio lineup.

LT

Rednamalas

LOL this ones yours crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Eagle View Post
    Most growers will only flush your plants if you get a nutrient defficince or when your in flower.You want to flush your plants with ph ed water when you have 2 weeks left in flower.This will take all the nutrients out and make for a better smoke.
    cheere

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by lightly_toasted View Post
    Most only flush if there is a lockout issue, or as a periodic flush to remove salt buildup. Mostly this is for chemical fert users.

Myself running organics, never flush unless I have a PH issue that causes a lockout. I never flush at the end before harvest, I simply stop feeding 2-3 weeks prior to harvest. Organics is much more forgiving and I have not noticed any difference with a flush at the end. Also note I am using the Gen Organics Bio lineup.

LT
    All sounds good. So I should not need to flush till I see a build up is salts. ???

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 347/1

Too much salt buildup in the medium will cause some issues with your plants, abnormal colors, etc. If you kept your plants in the same medium for extended periods of time using chem ferts, a flush may be needed from time to time.

LT

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

All good now. But I want to keep it that way. So I'm thinking a flush befor flower won't hurt
    Even if they don't need it.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 37/0
    Given: 6/1

Are you using any nutrients?, some flush before adding bloom nutes if you are using just promix no need for a flush. As said you only need to flush if there is a deficiency or mute lock out oh and before harvest. You should be good.

Skunk-mad.
    This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
    Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Remember the name Fort Minor

http://www.classic-cannabis-seed-company.co.uk

COMING SOON!!!

http://www.classic-cannabis-company.co.uk/

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 94/1
    Given: 8/0

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy44 View Post
    All good now. But I want to keep it that way. So I'm thinking a flush befor flower won't hurt
    Even if they don't need it.
    I'll give this one a try,,,,

Not totally true man,,, depends on what yer tryn to accomplish,,, salt built up,,, or final for finish,,, two completely diff. types of flushing. If ya have a ppm stick it makes it easy,,, But here's my take,,,, from fuck'n up alot a shit over the past,,,

when yer flushing to clear salts,,, first hint will be,,, alota white crust around yer drain holes on the sides of the pot,,, altho this doesn't mean their locked up,,, just meansthat you been hit'n them with nutrient.

When I flush to remove salts,,(not to often), it really piss's them off if ya just dump a couple gals of just plain water on them,,, like this,,, if its locked-up,,, and not getting any nutrient,,, then flush'n with straight water will really make them nutrient deficient when yer done flush'n them. Use like 1/4 or even 1/8 strength nutrient,,, it'll bring down the ppm,, and leave a lil for them to nibble on till the next feeding,,, which by the way,,, might be a few days longer than their used to,,, cause ya just dumped 2 or 3 gals of water on them,,, you could also flush with raw water,,, then hit'm with the 1/4 strength in the last gal. if ya wanted.

I just keep an eye on the ppm run-off,,, so when I water,,, it also brings the ppms down,,, kinda like this man,,,, fert 1400ppm to start,,,,, 1200 ppm comes out as runoff maybe more,,,,,, when I water,,,150 ppms to start fresh water,,,,, maybe 800ppms comes out as run-off. After a few times with a certain strain,,, you can tell what they want,,, more or less,,, when ya do this,,, ya just cut-off the nutes at the end of flower about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks out,,,, again depending on strain,, You'll knowwhen the nutrient is gone man,,,, all the branches will rubber man on ya and start hang'n down,,,
    This ain't the golden rule or some shit,,, but its worked out fer me,,,

R

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by ROLNÍK View Post
    I'll give this one a try,,,,

Not totally true man,,, depends on what yer tryn to accomplish,,, salt built up,,, or final for finish,,, two completely diff. types of flushing. If ya have a ppm stick it makes it easy,,, But here's my take,,,, from fuck'n up alot a shit over the past,,,

when yer flushing to clear salts,,, first hint will be,,, alota white crust around yer drain holes on the sides of the pot,,, altho this doesn't mean their locked up,,, just meansthat you been hit'n them with nutrient.

When I flush to remove salts,,(not to often), it really piss's them off if ya just dump a couple gals of just plain water on them,,, like this,,, if its locked-up,,, and not getting any nutrient,,, then flush'n with straight water will really make them nutrient deficient when yer done flush'n them. Use like 1/4 or even 1/8 strength nutrient,,, it'll bring down the ppm,, and leave a lil for them to nibble on till the next feeding,,, which by the way,,, might be a few days longer than their used to,,, cause ya just dumped 2 or 3 gals of water on them,,, you could also flush with raw water,,, then hit'm with the 1/4 strength in the last gal. if ya wanted.

I just keep an eye on the ppm run-off,,, so when I water,,, it also brings the ppms down,,, kinda like this man,,,, fert 1400ppm to start,,,,, 1200 ppm comes out as runoff maybe more,,,,,, when I water,,,150 ppms to start fresh water,,,,, maybe 800ppms comes out as run-off. After a few times with a certain strain,,, you can tell what they want,,, more or less,,, when ya do this,,, ya just cut-off the nutes at the end of flower about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks out,,,, again depending on strain,, You'll knowwhen the nutrient is gone man,,,, all the branches will rubber man on ya and start hang'n down,,,
    This ain't the golden rule or some shit,,, but its worked out fer me,,,

R
    The runn off is maybe my problem. I'm not getting a run off. I give them 4 cups a day with no run off. Like I said there A1 I use a wetting agent + Cogos Nutes. Nutes are feed every other day any other feeding is just ph water ! The lack of run off is making me think I should do a flush befor flower.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 94/1
    Given: 8/0

thats cool man,,, I don't get much run-off either,,, just wanted to give ya some ideas,,,,,, some guys don't flush ever,,,, what ever works is what ya wana do,,,, Oh ya,,,,

R

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 213/0
    Given: 88/1

dont know dirt growin but in hydro its an important last step to get the chemical taste out

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by ROLNÍK View Post
    thats cool man,,, I don't get much run-off either,,, just wanted to give ya some ideas,,,,,, some guys don't flush ever,,,, what ever works is what ya wana do,,,, Oh ya,,,,

R
    That's what I was thinking too,,, just wanted to check. Some times you can over read about other things people are doing !!!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/0

I'm an old outdoor grower. I grow in a mixture of Pro-Mix, Triple Mix, Top Soil, Blood Meal, Bone Meal and Molasses. I grow in 20 gallon pails and I always flush at the end of my grow.

Nothing fancy, I just turn the hose on (well water) and soak the plants until water is running out the bottom and over the sides of the pails. I do this two or three times before harvest in the last two weeks of bloom.

Works well for me but I'm not a fussy grower. Some growers would PH the water but I have too many plants to flush and to PH would just be too much work for this old guy.

Hope this helps and good growing to you.
    Thank God we don't get all the Government we pay for!

Rednamalas

get a rain barrel use a sump pump to aggitate the water and mix your ph its dont get any simpler then that .usethe pump after mixing to hook on your hose and there ya be.
    i always ph why risk getting nutrient lock out.But flushing is a must for me the last 2 weeks. usually will get 6 watering with fresh water.No chenical taste in my weed so im not sure what people are saying not all fertilizer weed taste like chems if done well.

QUOTE=Roy;325852]I'm an old outdoor grower. I grow in a mixture of Pro-Mix, Triple Mix, Top Soil, Blood Meal, Bone Meal and Molasses. I grow in 20 gallon pails and I always flush at the end of my grow.

Nothing fancy, I just turn the hose on (well water) and soak the plants until water is running out the bottom and over the sides of the pails. I do this two or three times before harvest in the last two weeks of bloom.

Works well for me but I'm not a fussy grower. Some growers would PH the water but I have too many plants to flush and to PH would just be too much work for this old guy.

Hope this helps and good growing to you.[/QUOTE]