Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default Anyone own or used a G Pen?

Thinking bout getting one for a work trip I have to take. Guy at the reputable shop loves his, would get a Persei but not available locally that I know of.
    Btw, it's a concentrate only pen for $90.
    Any opinions...

Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0

Quote Originally Posted by Jred View Post
    Thinking bout getting one for a work trip I have to take. Guy at the reputable shop loves his, would get a Persei but not available locally that I know of.
    Btw, it's a concentrate only pen for $90.
    Any opinions...
    just test drive what you are getting as they all are different and some work well and some don;t PErsei is great but has a tough learning curve. Not sure of cart for G pen but I find no pen vape gives good flavor. more for convenience. ENjoy...

Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 2/0

Thumbs down My Experience - some good - more not so much

I picked one up last year. Paid double at the 'local' (500km away ) head shop. Seemed to work great out of the box. I burned up a cart very quickly. I chalked that up to learning curve and did some reading. Turns out that there are a lot of opinions out there on what might be a good pen. Oh well, since I owned it and liked the vapour while it was working I ordered up some more cartridges. I broke one before I even started filling it (playing around and broke the ceramic around the heating coil). Filled one and started using it. Worked great until the oil in the wick was used up. I make BHO - not quite shatter, but pretty stiff - turns out the oil in the tank wouldn't feed to the wick, so I used it as a dabber for a while, but went back to my NO2 for regular use. This spring I ordered the glass tank thinking that would solve all my problems. Well that worked about a day and then the battery portion gave out. Now it doesn't charge. It would appear that the naysayers were correct about the Gpen and it's reliability issues...or maybe I just couldn't figure it out. Perhaps it should only be used with runny glycerin oils, but that doesn't explain the battery/charge circuit giving out aleady.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 211/0
    Given: 1/0

I know people that are very happy with them, they mainly use them for BHO. There is some cleaning involved if you're a heavy toker, just like any other apparatus.
    regards,

sorry I also remembered that there was one part of them was was cheaply made. I forget what it was. my friend, a glass blower, pointed it out and fixed it. Wish I could remember, but that damn BHO messes with my mind and sets it a blaze....
    Currently hording the following elite genetics;

Grape Escape x Afghani Kush, Iranian Land Race x Pre-98 Bubba Kush, Florida Skunk Ape x Purple Kush, Green Crack BX, Grape Escape x Green Crack.
    Tranquil Elephantizer, Blue Dream Lotus, Orange SunShine.
    OG Ghost Train haze #1.
    Blue Cheese.
    MK Ultra, The Hog, Wreckage.
    Nevilles Haze, Critical Mass, SSH, Black Widow, Shark Shock, Medicine Man, G13 Widow, Ortega, Angels Breath.
    Petrolia Head Stash, Willie Nelson, Golden Temple Kush.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0

Well I bought one to take to work, works great once you upgrade to the glass tank. Much easier to drop a dab onto (because it's raised instead of in the bottom of the clearomizer it comes with). By now I've got it down to making nearly scentless potent smoke with regular clearomizers and any ego twist 510 connection battery. The g pen gives nice puffs but straight bho defiantly had the tale tale signs of someone blazing some good, not that I mind, lol. But s nice tool to have, I used my g pen while doing work in the hospital without anyone noticing before though. Good product, overpriced a little though. A buddy got a micro g and it works well also, just doesn't look like a regular tobacco vapor pen.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 2/0

I remember someone mentioning cleaning on another forum so I dug it out and checked. I didn't see any problems, but gave her a once over with alchohol anyways. No dirt and no change. When I plug it in everythng lights up, but the red charge light seems a touch more orange. When I try to use it the blue light just stays on and when I press the button it flashes 3 times and no heat I have very few hits on this pen so was a little dissapointed.

I am also confused. When people say that they just use the Gpen with a 510 ego battery what does this mean? To me the GPen is the battery unit. If I was just going to buy a cart and battery I'm told there's better, cheaper choices out there. That being said I own a glass tank so what can I buy to get some use out of it?