Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default Any trade secrets for iso reclaim..

Cleaned my oil rig, been only used for concentrates with 99% iso and about a week later here is what I got.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1350225459929.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	48588  

Thumbs Up/Down

Just wondering if any special refining techniques used here as I've always washed/ cleaned my rig and trashed this, bit got a decent amount from just cleaning my piece.
    Or is it same as an iso wash?

Appreciate the help, took about 3-4 days for iso to naturally evaporate.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

I use "Everclear" to clean my rig(s). I then use the "Everclear" as a tincture. Evaporate by half or more and its ready to use as a tincture or evaporate all the way then re-oil/use in the rig! Much safer to use (IMOHO).

Just a thought,
    Last edited by TexBud; 10-14-2012 at 11:45 AM.

TY Concentrates Mentor Graywolf's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down

We clean our oil vaporization pipes with ethanol and then use the oil for an evening med.

It works well for that purpose, as it is highly sedative from the lighter volatiles being depleted first and much of the remaining THC being converted to CBN.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Graywolf View Post
    We clean our oil vaporization pipes with ethanol and then use the oil for an evening med.

It works well for that purpose, as it is highly sedative from the lighter volatiles being depleted first and much of the remaining THC being converted to CBN.
    Thanks, good info here, but do I need to wash/ refine this any further or its this ready to be smoked like bho?

May have to try and make a tinc with liquor also Texbud, sounds nice. But I don't really drink much liquor because of other meds I take...

Maybe if concentrated enough I wouldn't need to drink more than a shot of liquor.
    Last edited by Shadimar; 10-14-2012 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Merged Posts

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

Devil's Springs makes a 160 proof vodka.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down

Ethanol, also called ethyl alcohol, pure alcohol, grain alcohol, or drinking alcohol,
    "Everclear" 190 proof. (Not available in some states)
    No on refining farther... It's ready to be smoked after you evaporate; naturally or heated (low heat NO OPEN FLAME) 190 proof explosive! A spark sets it off!
    Last edited by TexBud; 10-14-2012 at 12:15 PM.

Bkphate

What about using hexane extraction technique for your reclaim?

Respect and Love,
    BkPhate

Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/0
    Given: 1/0

Quote Originally Posted by Jred View Post
    Thanks, good info here, but do I need to wash/ refine this any further or its this ready to be smoked like bho?

May have to try and make a tinc with liquor also Texbud, sounds nice. But I don't really drink much liquor because of other meds I take...

Maybe if concentrated enough I wouldn't need to drink more than a shot of liquor.

Quick and easy.

Very hot full-fat milk will clean a vapor rig. Pour it into a larger glass, add more milk, mix with chocolate. Instant medicating hot chocolate.

Otherwise I just cook off 99% ISO, mix with coconut oil and press into caps.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 37/0
    Given: 6/1

Cleaned my oil rig, been only used for concentrates with 99% iso and about a week later here is what I got.
    That looks like you got a good return with a nice amber color. Just goes to show don't chuck anything away. Great job showing how too get all you can from this great plant.

Skunk-mad.
    This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
    Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Remember the name Fort Minor

http://www.classic-cannabis-seed-company.co.uk

COMING SOON!!!

http://www.classic-cannabis-company.co.uk/

Thumbs Up/Down

No refining needed, if it is from an oil vaporization pipe, but if it is from a bud pipe, there is and I don't recommend it, due to the byproducts of pyroysis present .

You can reduce it and use it like a tincture, or purge the EtOH and use it just like BHO.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Bkphate View Post
    What about using hexane extraction technique for your reclaim?

Respect and Love,
    BkPhate
    That works well too, but cost more and is harder to purge afterwards.

Embryo

Thumbs Up/Down

I just take and rub the reclaim on papers. It gives me an excuse lately to smoke a nice joint.

Mr. Grimbo

Thumbs Up/Down

Last time I was faced with this problem I used a Vector torch on the back of the pyrex dish then used a brand new paint scraper to roll the softened reclaim into tiny smokable logs of oil. Once your happy with the amount reclaim you've scraped you can hit the dish with ethanol to get the last bits that aren't worth scraping off.

Happy dabbin. :-)

Thumbs Up/Down

If it is from a vaporization pipe, it needs no further processing than to heat hot enough to get rid of the water. It will vaporize eratically otherwise.

You can evaporate all the alcohol used for reclaim away, to leave just oil, so it isn't necessary to consume it, if you don't want.

Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down

Ewe, I wouldn't smoke that stuff, ewe.

Or, you can, if you're brave, actually cut back on consumption, consume less, exercise a little more, and observe your own enhanced 'highness' that comes from better physical and mental performance from the exercise, and observe that "less" cannabis use actually can result in "better" and richer experiences, both interpersonally, and intrapersonally. Try enjoying some music more, or delight in sex or a book.

The solution to the "more cannabis?" question shouldn't always be "more cannabis!". That might be a little one dimensional or unidirectional or something. I'm saying, try something else.

Your lungs will thank you. Remember, the more you work those lungs and gums with smoke and it's chemicals, the greater the fatigue on their structure.
    Last edited by Rickkus; 02-21-2013 at 03:28 PM.

Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/0
    Given: 1/0

Quote Originally Posted by Rickkus View Post
    Ewe, I wouldn't smoke that stuff, ewe.

Or, you can, if you're brave, actually cut back on consumption, consume less, exercise a little more, and observe your own enhanced 'highness' that comes from better physical and mental performance from the exercise, and observe that "less" cannabis use actually can result in "better" and richer experiences, both interpersonally, and intrapersonally. Try enjoying some music more, or delight in sex or a book.

The solution to the "more cannabis?" question shouldn't always be "more cannabis!". That might be a little one dimensional or unidirectional or something. I'm saying, try something else.

Your lungs will thank you. Remember, the more you work those lungs and gums with smoke and it's chemicals, the greater the fatigue on their structure.
    Holy troll batman.

Concentrates are healthier than smoking pot. Secondly, his ISO reclaim means he vaporizes his concentrate off a pad/nail. Nearly pure thc/cbd. Knowledge and science removes all trace of solvent.

People like you are the reason the site has such obvious problems. Go pick a fight elsewhere.

Let alone the medical component, you know, on a fucking medical site. No, don't ingest your medicine in quantities that provide relief, Rikkus says its bad for you.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

Quote Originally Posted by dabbin View Post
    Concentrates are healthier than smoking pot. Secondly, his ISO reclaim means he vaporizes his concentrate off a pad/nail. Nearly pure thc/cbd. Knowledge and science removes all trace of solvent.
    Nothing more to add except to point out that we're not talking about skanky pipe resin here but rather it's recondensed oil.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down

Like dabbin and shadimir said, this is an oil only piece and that's all that gets smoked outta here. I haven't smoked pipe stank resin in probably over 10 years,,ewww, reminding me of that taste, funk is all I can say.

Time to make some butter, bho and canna caps with coconut oil today, finally a free weekend that isn't raining. Gonna be a busy day, need to start the butter soon as takes 8+ hrs usually...

Embryo

Thumbs Up/Down

Why the hell would that guy think we are smoking resins?

Mr. Grimbo

Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by dabbin View Post
    Holy troll batman.

People like you are the reason the site has such obvious problems. Go pick a fight elsewhere.

Let alone the medical component, you know, on a fucking medical site. No, don't ingest your medicine in quantities that provide relief, Rikkus says its bad for you.

I don't like being insulted. I just said, the stuff looks like the stuff you cough out of a lung. And it is stupid to increase the consumption of a medication by smoking a by product from a smoking instrument.

I'm not picking a fight, I was trying to talk intelligently about the choice to smoke stuff that is simply gross. If you want to smoke it, go ahead. But taking a walk, or reading a book, is a far more intelligent thing to do.

If you cut back on cannabis, you don't "NEED" to smoke as much. I've cut my consumption down, saved money, lost weight and am in reasonably good health, and my production costs have gone DOWN. So you're insulting someone anonymously and that is not good - some readers may find it ugly talk. If I'm a troll, what does that make you? Hitler insulted and called people "insects" who didn't agree with him - is that the stuff you're made of Dabbin? Are you capable of writing without using the word "fucking"? Or are you capable of writing a reply without insulting someone? Come on, be a decent person, and talk properly - get rid of that "troll" meme, it's losing potency.

And removing "ALL" trace of a solvent - prove it. Show me ALL.

Have you ever had a piece of glass sent to a glass blower? You know what my glass blower friend tells me? EVERY bong he gets goes smokey in the oven. Why? Because people don't keep things 100% clean. People don't take off "all" the oil, and mung and saliva and soap and water salts and crap gets in the bottom of the instrument, so smoking reclaim is smoking reclaim from a dirty tool, and last I heard, that's a desperate act of a teenager mentality.

If you can't find a polite way to discuss things with me, then don't talk to me.
    Last edited by Rickkus; 02-23-2013 at 01:07 PM.

Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Shadimar View Post
    Nothing more to add except to point out that we're not talking about skanky pipe resin here but rather it's recondensed oil.
    If you'd like, I'll give you my glassblower's telephone number, and you can inspect the statement above for accuracy. I'll PM it to you presently, so maybe we can remove the MYTH that smoking reclaim from a pipe is 100% clean. And then maybe evaluate whether it might be best just to smoke oil on a pipe like it was made for doing, and toss the reclaim. Sorry Shad, I love ya man, but I can't agree.

And just to add insult to injury, you know, if one increases consumption of a drug, and then react in paranoid ways, or aggressive ways, smoking more of it isn't going to make life any happier. The solution to all problems is not more cannabis. And to me, if you're "lucky" enough to have a pure extraction for oil, the oil should be SOLID, like a ROCK. Ok? The reclaim smoked here is NOT SOLID so it's NOT 100%.

I've had a good teacher show me solid ISO, (it clinks when it hits glass from about a 1' drop) and that is not what's being made here. The real deal is quasi crystal-like in structure.
    Last edited by Rickkus; 02-23-2013 at 01:14 PM.

Embryo

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Rickkus View Post
    If you'd like, I'll give you my glassblower's telephone number, and you can inspect the statement above for accuracy. I'll PM it to you presently, so maybe we can remove the MYTH that smoking reclaim from a pipe is 100% clean. And then maybe evaluate whether it might be best just to smoke oil on a pipe like it was made for doing, and toss the reclaim. Sorry Shad, I love ya man, but I can't agree.

And just to add insult to injury, you know, if one increases consumption of a drug, and then react in paranoid ways, or aggressive ways, smoking more of it isn't going to make life any happier. The solution to all problems is not more cannabis. And to me, if you're "lucky" enough to have a pure extraction for oil, the oil should be SOLID, like a ROCK. Ok? The reclaim smoked here is NOT SOLID so it's NOT 100%.

I've had a good teacher show me solid ISO, (it clinks when it hits glass from about a 1' drop) and that is not what's being made here.
    Wow, you are a true hero! Would you mind sharing your "trade secrets" here in this thread that after all is about smoking reclaim, not reasons not to?

Mr, Grimbo

Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down

Appreciate the help, took about 3-4 days for iso to naturally evaporate.
    ISO from bud takes 36 hours to evaporate in 0 to say -9 C conditions in a 12" x 1" tray aout 3/4 full. I would have said -10 but it wasn't that cold.

Also, if you decrease your consuption, you can enjoy the cannabis a bit more, because one is not as 'habituated' to the experience. So it has a nicer effect.
    Last edited by Rickkus; 02-23-2013 at 01:24 PM.

Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Grimbo View Post
    Wow, you are a true hero! Would you mind sharing your "trade secrets" here in this thread that after all is about smoking reclaim, not reasons not to?

Mr, Grimbo
    I'm not trying to sell myself. Or become a hero - I was offering another point of view concerning health, and the subject of extracts, on a medical cannabis website. If you think my commenting on health in a medical cannabis website is a non sequitor, please write to Management and have my comments removed, per your ideal about what talk is relevant and what talk is not. The only trade secret I can offer is the crystal nature of a pure ISO. Have you ever had a crystal of ISO drop on a plate and make a KLINK sound? It's very pure. And if you haven't had ISO that goes KLINK, perhaps you might reconsider the wisdom of your methodology.
    Last edited by Rickkus; 02-23-2013 at 01:28 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast