Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 102/0
    Given: 224/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default seedlings turning yellow

any ideas why these seedlings are turning yellow?
    they started about doing this about a week ago, all seeds are from a mixed pack from peak...could it just be the strain? not all are yellowing as you can see
    i thought maybe iron,so i gave 1/2 of them only 1ml/liter of liquid karma about 3 days ago, and it burnt them..i ph my water to 6.4 so i don't believe its a p.h issue..
    i transplanted 3 to 1 gallon today hoping maybe they want more fresh dirt, i honestly am stumpped..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0485.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	48398   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0486.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	48399   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0487.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	48400  

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

My first guess would have been high pH but you say the water is fine, was your meter calibrated lately?

The way I grow typically a transplant solves all problems, hopefully it works here too.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Shadimar View Post
    My first guess would have been high pH but you say the water is fine, was your meter calibrated lately?

The way I grow typically a transplant solves all problems, hopefully it works here too.
    hey shad, ya i calibrated it last week, then cleaned prob and recalibrated it last night.. it seems the heavy indica plants did not yellow..

420grower

I see nute burn for sure,the tranplant should work things out,did you check those roots Jay when you transplanted,my guess is they are soft and weak,brown even,give them straight ph'd and maybe some seaweed,and they should come around,kep us informed,I see you work out of your wheelchair,lol,I tend to drop and plop to the floor,hahahaha,always so proud to see others fighting there way to great harvests,peace and much respect my friend

Thumbs Up/Down

they all been transplanted ,i haven't seen em yet this morning but at 5am ,they where pointing straight for the lights
    i was actually amazed how fast they picked up,,i ended up using thrive alive on em..i haven't gardened in 14months so i need to re tune my technique ..

420 : yes ,you were correct roots were very skinny and brown, during transplant they couldn't even hold the rootball together ,it was a rough transplant ..lol..its sorta tricky,i only have one hand that works kinda sorta..i do work from my chair ,i only have enough strength to transfer from bed to chair..if i was to do floor thing,i would be stuck there ,and i quit doing that same time i quit drinking ..lmao

420grower

you my friend are an inspiration,I am also wheelchair bound,I do have some leg strength,but not much,I keep telling you all how important root is,lol,you will see great growth now,let them dry completely and start over,lol,I almost trashed half of my choco series due to overwatering,I think we need to pop holes in the sides of our solo cups,great work,all will be well soon,peace

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by 420grower View Post
    you my friend are an inspiration,I am also wheelchair bound,I do have some leg strength,but not much,I keep telling you all how important root is,lol,you will see great growth now,let them dry completely and start over,lol,I almost trashed half of my choco series due to overwatering,I think we need to pop holes in the sides of our solo cups,great work,all will be well soon,peace
    i have feeling from my breast line up only ,im a quadriplegic due to car accident, so my body is pretty much dead weight ,mind you i do fairly well on my own...
    im going to agree again .hehe
    i was thinking more holes needed in sides of cups too , ..im going today to buy seaweed and perilite trying to get more air to roots..trying to rescue 3 of 5 skylock i started few days back,theres fuzzy white mold on top of soil ,i have never had mold before moving here,i think i may look for some no damp while im out.. i will eventually have my plants looking like yours.. your seedlings are amazing

420grower

I make mistakes like everyone,lol,but I do have a bit more mobility then you,I love growing this plant and making everything I can from it,I will be following this thread with great interest,peace and its folks like you that keep my attitude alive and kicking,thanks much,peace

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

My goodness. One of the reasons why I wanted a DG was because I don't have a lot of energy or strength, compared to what I used to have. But I do have full mobility and have a lovely outdoor garden. However, it has to look after itself mostly. You guys are an inspiration and I'm very seriously considering setting up a room.

420grower

hahaha Cripples unite,lol,I also have mobility,but with pain in the 12 zone often energy comes tough,lol,I would love to meet some time Jay,I do travel,peace and much respect

Thumbs Up/Down

420:yes that sounds like a idea if you ever make it to vancouver area, i would love to meet you ..

i couldn't find the seaweed i was looking for,closest i found was a 500ml bottle of extract in spray bottle premixed, i will hit hydro store tuesday ,they were all closed yesterday cause of long weekend ..

tweety: i was looking for a dg yrs ago to, but my grams per day were to low to find anyone, theres days my garden suffers cause i just cant get my ass in my char.lol...
    but this time im going to try rig up some kind of drip system ,throwing pots around is kinda fun tho,and it makes me get excercise ..hehe did i mention im lazy ..

420grower

oh you are by no means lazy my friend,and I am planning an extended trip through your beautiful country next summer,I have so many friends there,must meet them while I still can,peace brother

Thumbs Up/Down

Can you guys give me some "must have's" for a set up? I'm putting seeds in water today. I'll put them into some peat/mix when they crack and into a small dome. I'm only putting in 5 regular and 2 feminized, so hopefully I'll actually get some meds at the end of the day. Going to set up over the next few weeks. The little guys will be fine on top of my clothes dryer for a few weeks. lol. as long as I hang up a light.

Thumbs Up/Down

hmm, do you have any equipment yet?

i started with a 400w hps in a 20"x33" closet. floro nova nutes and bail of promix and then slowly bought more stuff as i needed it,i didn't need to ph water so i didn't even have any meters
    when i finally received my pupl i put a 4x4 tent in living room,i find the biggest challenge for me is setting up the room

edit: i forgot most important thing ,a min/max thermometer for your temperature /humidity
    Last edited by jay_sun; 10-07-2012 at 02:04 PM.

Thumbs Up/Down

No equipment. some peat in the garage. I'm going to get some mix today if any store close has it, aka Home Depot. There is regular potting soil in garage, but will sterilize in oven if I decide to use any of it. If not, then the hydro store has some. Need to see if they are open today or tomorrow. Room is not a problem, but will put up a tent. Don't want to frame in a separate room/closet for now. Probably 3x4 tent for flowering to help with odor control, as it needs to be vented with a carbon filter.

Thumbs Up/Down

tents make things so easy.
    i seen sunshine mix #4 yesterday at home depot ,pretty much the same as promix .

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

You're off to a good start, Tweety.

A 600w digi and 4x4 tent will have you harvesting in as little as 3 months from now

..hell, even less with autos.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

420grower

for sure,we here have seen some great grows with very little,its all about knowing what the plant wants and giving it to them,lol,kind of like your kids,lol,peace

Thumbs Up/Down

Thanks guys. I picked up Sunshine mix 4. I'll start a thread about this experiment. Please comment away as I have no clue. Only ever started annual flowers inside with lights. They did very well. lol. I'll probably put in a couple of tomatoes. I grow awesome ones outside. Indoors...sigh, we'll see. Worst that will happen is I will be in the same situation, with no meds. Not the end of the world.

Thumbs Up/Down

there starting to look not so bad,im thinking the two farthest left are the worse...i need to get more lights up ,they are mad at me and demanding more light..lol

these have got to be the roughest looking seedlings i ever grew,im going to blame the new environment ..haha..

the skylock are coming along,there the four on the ballast box.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0489.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	48551   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0492.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	48552  

420grower

looking like your back on track,watching this one for sure,stay tough my friend,your moving right along,peace