Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 19/0
    Given: 2/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default Easy Butter Pills

Here's a quick and easy method of encapsulating butter in gel caps.

Start with vegan size 00 capsules (vegan caps don't melt as easy).
    Then in a microwave oven add a few tsp of butter to a small container (medicine dispenser cup like from NiQuill works best) and nuke it for about 20 seconds. T

hen add small amounts of solid pot butter to it to bring the temp down to about 100*F.

Using an oral irrigation style syringe (like from the dentist to wash out sockets and gums, (does not accept needle, has a long tapered and curved tip)fill up the big side of the cap to the top and then put the lid on it. Place them in the fridge.

If you take on an empty stomach drink something hot/warm with them or discomfort may occur.

The stronger the butter the better and washing your butter as per my butter washing technique is HIGHLY recommended.
    What's the difference between a pun and a fart? One is a shift of wit.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 65/0
    Given: 136/1

Quote Originally Posted by PharmaPharmer View Post
    Here's a quick and easy method of encapsulating butter in gel caps.

Start with vegan size 00 capsules (vegan caps don't melt as easy).
    Then in a microwave oven add a few tsp of butter to a small container (medicine dispenser cup like from NiQuill works best) and nuke it for about 20 seconds. T

hen add small amounts of solid pot butter to it to bring the temp down to about 100*F.

Using an oral irrigation style syringe (like from the dentist to wash out sockets and gums, (does not accept needle, has a long tapered and curved tip)fill up the big side of the cap to the top and then put the lid on it. Place them in the fridge.

If you take on an empty stomach drink something hot/warm with them or discomfort may occur.

The stronger the butter the better and washing your butter as per my butter washing technique is HIGHLY recommended.
    Do you have this technique posted here? Could you elaborate or link please? TY
    Help me stop DSS delicate soul syndrome. We need volunteers to hug and hold all the delicate souls until we can heal them. Help us today! You can make a difference in someone's life. Tell them the truth.

Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/0
    Given: 1/0

I make capsules quite often (waiting on empties to press more bho pills) so I love seeing this One thing I would add is using oils (coconut, grape seed etc...) allows for better absorbtion of the thc, and more potent pills, coconut oil is ideal (66% MCT), it has medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), which are shorter than the long-chain triglycerides found in other fats and oils. I make honey oil capsules with coconut oil (there is no coconut taste to coconut oil, weird?) and the only downside is they should stay in the fridge to prolong shelf life, coconut oil is liquid above 25 degrees, solid beneath it.

There are also cheap capping machines available, really cuts down on time. The same company that I purchased mine from sells capsules that are pre-separated, a bag of tops and a bag of bottoms so you don't have to un-cap each one before use, yes I am lazy. To find them - http://www.capsuleconnection.com/

A 1ml eye dropper works well, as the 00 caps hold just under 1ml. Never knew that vegan caps were stronger, just thought it was a health/selling feature. May have to try them after this batch of caps dissapears.
    Last edited by dabbin; 07-24-2012 at 12:33 PM.

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

Yu can also use a small syring from the pharmacy instesd of the dental one.

I use a mixture of MCT oil and powdered hash, after decarbing i mix with corn starch to get a powedery consistancy, the put into capsules.

In powder form and with MCT oil it can be kept on the shelf, almost forever without going bad.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

That encapsulator looks pretty nice
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.