Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Australian Medical Marijuana Educator Smokin Moose's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 41/0
    Given: 24/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

And here are a few more pics of Nev's new Super Kush.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rainbow Chunky and Super Kush 6 weeks 007.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	2.26 MB 
ID:	46823   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rainbow Chunky and Super Kush 6 weeks 011.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	2.23 MB 
ID:	46824   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rainbow Chunky and Super Kush 6 weeks 012.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	2.24 MB 
ID:	46825   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rainbow Chunky and Super Kush 6 weeks 013.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	3.08 MB 
ID:	46826   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rainbow Chunky and Super Kush 6 weeks 016.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	2.64 MB 
ID:	46827  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rainbow Chunky and Super Kush 6 weeks 017.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	46828  
    [B][COLOR="Navy"][URL="http://shop.vetguru.com/shop/sweet-serenity/"][COLOR="Navy"][SIZE=3]Enlightened Veterinarian's Guide to Treating Pets with Medical Marijuana. Dr Doug Kramer's definitive ebook "Sweet Serenity"[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE=5][COLOR=Blue]Truth flows on to credibility, and credibility will be the vehicle for change[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 211/0
    Given: 1/0

Hey Moose, keep the updates coming.
    enjoying the show

p.s. I figured that nev's kush would steal the show, but rainbow chunky is definitely the better plant imo from the most recent pics. I can practically see the resin dripping off of her.

p.p.s. the second picture in the last sequence for Nev's kush is also totally bad-ass
    Currently hording the following elite genetics;

Grape Escape x Afghani Kush, Iranian Land Race x Pre-98 Bubba Kush, Florida Skunk Ape x Purple Kush, Green Crack BX, Grape Escape x Green Crack.
    Tranquil Elephantizer, Blue Dream Lotus, Orange SunShine.
    OG Ghost Train haze #1.
    Blue Cheese.
    MK Ultra, The Hog, Wreckage.
    Nevilles Haze, Critical Mass, SSH, Black Widow, Shark Shock, Medicine Man, G13 Widow, Ortega, Angels Breath.
    Petrolia Head Stash, Willie Nelson, Golden Temple Kush.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/0
    Given: 0/0

Beautiful, a picture of health, Smoking Moose.

You certainly are rocking it down under.

420grower

just loving these pics Moose,great work,peace

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

Those plants are just massive compared to their pots
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

Looking good! Keep up the hard work!!!!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0

hi there moose i spoke to you and said hi via mail when the site first started first of all i thank su for popping your seeds and watcing them grow for the ones who only read about the linage strains you have going.
    lastly i don't understand why you would you a fish emulsion. the rainbow cross does have some fancy looking leaves. i'd beg myself for some of the beans u have going so with that i say thanks for the post and enjoy the aromas.
    i still say no on the feminized beans.

Thumbs Up/Down

Thanks for the question and the thanks.
    I use fish emulsion as it is a terrific nitrogen fert for the veg cycle. I use it both as a root fert and also as a foliar feed.

I use PowerFeed fish emulsion.

PowerFeed promotes vigorous growth and stimulates flowering and fruiting;
    Its unique blend of fish, highly soluble nutrients and liquid composts sets it apart from other products;
    It stimulates the growth of beneficial microbes which break down organic matter and release soil nutrients.

My own experience over 35 years of growing is that high priced ferts do no better than simple fish emulsion - plants thrive. Simple as that. Oh, and I also use it because it is cheap lol
    [B][COLOR="Navy"][URL="http://shop.vetguru.com/shop/sweet-serenity/"][COLOR="Navy"][SIZE=3]Enlightened Veterinarian's Guide to Treating Pets with Medical Marijuana. Dr Doug Kramer's definitive ebook "Sweet Serenity"[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE=5][COLOR=Blue]Truth flows on to credibility, and credibility will be the vehicle for change[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Thumbs Up/Down

Thanks for the question and the thanks.
    I use fish emuslion as it is a terrific nitrogen fert for the veg cycle. I use it both as a root fert and also as a foliar feed. Seeing results like mine, particularly with the Super Kush in 8 inch pots, indicates that the plants are thriving on this simple fert.

I use PowerFeed fish emusion.

PowerFeed promotes vigorous growth and stimulates flowering and fruiting;
    Its unique blend of fish, highly soluble nutrients and liquid composts sets it apart from other products;
    It stimulates the growth of beneficial microbes which break down organic matter and release soil nutrients.

The macro nutrients in PowerFeed support plant growth and development.

The fish provides a rich source of amino acids, proteins, beneficial bacteria, trace elements and vitamins.

PowerFeed is boosted with liquid composts, which make it an effective soil conditioner too!

To grow top performing plants you need to have soil teaming with good microbes. There are more microbes in a spadeful of healthy soil than there are people on the planet. The liquid composts in PowerFeed stimulate beneficial soil microbial activity. They also help promote good soil structure and increase nutrient availability. So unlike straight chemical fertilisers, PowerFeed encourages more balanced growth above and below the ground.
    Liquid fertilisers like PowerFeed are easy to apply and fast acting so you see big results, quick!

My own experience over 35 years of growing is that high priced ferts do no better than simple fish emulsion, Plants thrive. Simple as that. Oh, and I also use it beacause it is cheap - cost me AUD$9 a bottle
    Last edited by Smokin Moose; 07-28-2012 at 06:36 PM.

Thumbs Up/Down

Keep in mind that these plants are in 8 inch pots in an organic medium. See results for yourself, using fish emulsion.

This is Nevil's Super Kush. Plants are same age. It seems there are 2 phenos to the Super Kush. One is taller with subtly different aromas.

This plant was tipped a week before inducing flowering.
    Last edited by Smokin Moose; 07-28-2012 at 10:40 PM.

Thumbs Up/Down

Default Welcome to the Jungle

So I might as well ask, Moose.

Given the size of these plants, do you have any intentions to transplant them into bigger pots>
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down

Nope, the plan is to finish out in these pots. I only have 3 to 4 weeks to go, and have done it this way before. I know it sounds unusual, but the real truth is that I have my feeding regimen down pat. My last grow was in similar size pots and I got excellent yields.
    I might say that when I feed the plants I allow a 1/3 excess to flow through to discharge any excess salt build up. Don't laugh but I simply stick an old towel into the drip trays to soak up the flow through. Works for me.

Thumbs Up/Down

That's what I thought

Your methods sound fine to me, Moose. I've used a towel under them before.. got soaked

Anyway, I decided to ask because I'm sure there are other members wondering the same thing and personally, I do transplant inside of the flowering stage when the plants need a bigger home.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Bkphate

I like your methods moose, and about the container size is interesting.. especially after reading that surface root mass directly correlates with plant girth.

Thanks for the first hand information.

Respect and Love,
    BkPhate

Thumbs Up/Down

I agree with you guys that the correct thing to do would be to transplant into a larger pot. However, keep in mind that I have a 1.4 X 1.3 sq meter grow area and really do not have space to let the plants get larger.

Thumbs Up/Down

Whatever works for your grow, Moose
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Thumbs Up/Down

In hindsight, I wish I had transplanted. When I began, I had a week difference with the Rainbow Chunky and the Super Kush, which I germed a week later than the other 3 strains.. I let the plants veg a week longer to get the later germing plants up to size. That one week made a lot o difference, and by that stage the re-potting would have been more difficult for the bigger plants.
    I usually use 12 inch pots, but for some odd reason am enjoying this play in smaller pots. It is far more hands on with watering and ferts, and the feeding regimen has to be spot on. I really am a basic gardener and go by eye mostly when growing the plants. Flowering a largish plant in a small pot is quite a challenge lol.
    Next grow I will most likely go back to the 12" pots.

420grower

hahaha Us old fart gardeners,lol,I tell people all the time when they ask me how I keep all my plants so pretty,they tell me what they want,hahaha,man you can imagine the looks I get,but like you Moose I am an old fashion grower,hell I use 10 dollars worth of fert each grow,lol,I see people using hundreds of dollars of stuff,half of which I don't even know what it does,and I have a PHd in biology,so we/I know how you do your thing Moose,cause I do the same thing,peace my down under brother

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

yep moose understand, but better to have a larger pot as gives you a better buffer. am sure you pull it off.
    pics look good, nice and healthy. just made some gumby hash urkese cutt, 100%.

always cracks me up about your mrs story.
    peace best wish

Thumbs Up/Down

Well here we are at the 7th week into flowering. I reckon I am getting close to peak florescence and the room is filled with unctuous aromas ranging from fruit to spicy to floral to dank, very fucking dank.
    The Rainbow Chunky looks amazing. Still short (3 foot) and now with a prominent spire like a church steeple. Again I am amazed at the sativa'ish plant growing so compact. Flowering internodes are very close - it is a very pretty little plant.
    The Super Kush from Nevil is friggin ballistic. There are clearly 2 phenotypes, reflected in varying height and aromas. The colas are well defined and filling, looking like indian war clubs lol.
    I am watering every 2 and a half days, and feed every 5 days. The plants are vigorous and some fan leaves are beginning to yellow. Apart from feeding, I am applying a seaweed tonic to stimulate the flowering process and make for bigger fruit. This is applied every 5 days.
    Next two weeks I will begin my carbo boosting, by adding 40ml of Maple Syrup/10 liters of water, and applying with every watering and feeding cycle. I have done this before with terrific results.

I hope you enjoy the update.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rainbow Chunky and Nevil's Super Kush at 7 weeks into flowering 002.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	2.35 MB 
ID:	47005   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rainbow Chunky and Nevil's Super Kush at 7 weeks into flowering 004.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	47006   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rainbow Chunky and Nevil's Super Kush at 7 weeks into flowering 010.JPG 
Size:	2.44 MB 
ID:	47007   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rainbow Chunky and Nevil's Super Kush at 7 weeks into flowering 003.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	2.18 MB 
ID:	47008   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rainbow Chunky and Nevil's Super Kush at 7 weeks into flowering 008.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	2.57 MB 
ID:	47009  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rainbow Chunky and Nevil's Super Kush at 7 weeks into flowering 013.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	47010   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rainbow Chunky and Nevil's Super Kush at 7 weeks into flowering 014.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	47011   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rainbow Chunky and Nevil's Super Kush at 7 weeks into flowering 012.JPG 
Size:	2.56 MB 
ID:	47012  
    Last edited by Smokin Moose; 08-03-2012 at 08:29 AM.

Thumbs Up/Down

Maple Syrup to improve my buds Eh?
    Sounds like the sorta thing a Canadian should take note of

Grape Escape x Afghani Kush, Iranian Land Race x Pre-98 Bubba Kush, Florida Skunk Ape x Purple Kush, Green Crack BX, Grape Escape x Green Crack.
    OG Ghost Train haze #1.
    Blue Cheese.
    Nevilles Haze, Critical Mass, SSH, Black Widow, Shark Shock, Medicine Man, G13 Widow, Ortega, Angels Breath.

Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0

Looking freaking cool mon. So Rainbow Chunky outdoors would stay short as well you thinnk?

I like the maple syrup idea. hope Twisted sister sees that as well.

Thanks for sharing.

Thumbs Up/Down

Those Kush Nuggs look 'intensely dense.'
    Your harvest and smoke report won't arrive quick enough for me.
    Wonder if you can still pick the kush up or if they've sold out now.
    I became a member but i saw Shanti posting to hold off buying them. I assume it was just posturing on his part. anyways i dont want to get involved in anything there. Clearly the results speak for themselves.

OG Ghost Train haze #1.
    Blue Cheese.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0

if you are all wondering about the maple syrup i have your answer it slows down verticle growth for and indoor grower.
    i still say no on the feminized beans.

Thumbs Up/Down

what exactly is the source for this spewdom?
    "Broken backs and bloody knuckles, forgotten fathers and long lost uncles, who fought for freedom through piles of lies, it was for our rights our ancestors died.
    War brings profit and profit breeds greed, for those who died in vain, god speed, and for those who'd rewrite the constitution,....

Fuck off and die mutherfuckers,
    it's our revolution!
    Revolution!"

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast