Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default Is a volcano vaporizor worth it?

I have never used a vaporizor before but I wish to switch to this healthier way to dose.
    So I ask you my fellow ty friends, is a volcano worth the money?
    539 for reg 659 for digital, worth the extra? Why?
    Thanks for the input, it is greatly appreciated.
    Peace

Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/0
    Given: 1/0

Great tool, worth the money (In my opinion) and something that can maximize your medicine. I have friends with both the classic and digital. You can run good sugar leaf from a crop, so if you run out of buds you can vape your left overs. You can also run straight flower through it, and it will make your nugs last much longer. I usually get 2-3 bags per bowl, and smoking a couple of full bags has quite a nice effect. Taste isn't bad, but I don't find you get the unique taste from each strain through it. My one beef with it. It tastes good, just doesn't produce the unique full taste compared to a joint.

As for classic vs digital I wouldn't justify an extra $100. The classic has sensitive temperature setting, and is accurate, never seen the need for the extra LCD display. Used both, and they both vaped clean an strong, no advantage to me other than a easier to read display.

Very pricey, but they work well. Can't comment on other vaporizers, haven't tried any else yet.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 37/0
    Given: 6/1

I personally would not have a volcano don't get me wrong the volcano is a excellent system but lacks the versatility of other machines. The volcano is a bag fill only system whereas say the herbalaire is bag fill,whip or direct from the unit. I would have a good look around to see if you can find a more capable vape for your $.

Skunk-mad.
    This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
    Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Remember the name Fort Minor

http://www.classic-cannabis-seed-company.co.uk

COMING SOON!!!

http://www.classic-cannabis-company.co.uk/

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 65/0
    Given: 136/1

I have used a Volcano many times including at this past TY Expo in Toronto. It is very efficient and quick to fill the bag but I don't find it as good as the Arizer Extreme Q I use at home. For several hundred dollars cheaper the Extreme is a better unit IMO you can use the whip or bag. www.vaporizers.ca call Damon and they have the best prices around.
    Help me stop DSS delicate soul syndrome. We need volunteers to hug and hold all the delicate souls until we can heal them. Help us today! You can make a difference in someone's life. Tell them the truth.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

Default volcano digital

I went through 3 Volcano Digital units that failed all after about 2 months and had to send for repair down in California each time.
    The last time I requested they send me a Volcano clasic model and some bags to make up the difference in price. They sent me a clasic model with a bunch of supplies and the clasic has been working great for over two years. Don't know if its an electrical issue at my home but hydro says it's A OK. I'm really happy with the clasic model and agree that the digital may not be worth the extra $$. The clasic model seems more reliable in my experience.... "a real tank"

in research, compiling the truth about mj from scientists, NOT politicians
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 17/0

Default volcano my hero

i live in an apt so smoking a joint is out as its also gone "no smoking", after I moved in of course they changed the rules. i have had three vaporizers to date and the volcano gives me the closest effects to smoking a joint, without the apartment knowing my business as there's virtually no smell. most of the odour comes from grinding up the meds. I like the classical personally and turkey roasting bags work as replacements, just tie them on with small elastic hair braids, not rubber elastics as they may melt.
    had my cano for 18 months now and hope it outlives me.
    Hit them where it hurts, show them the scientific truth about marijuana, while debunking the lies.
    Even politicians know, that the truth will always win.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/0

Thanks for all the great input! Will let you know my decision.

Rednamalas

I am going after disibilty to pay for mine.My dr is writing a prescription for the medical device as he called it.Worth a try we will see what happens.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Rednamalas View Post
    I am going after disibilty to pay for mine.My dr is writing a prescription for the medical device as he called it.Worth a try we will see what happens.
    Good luck with that if you are in Ontario and on O.D.S.P.

Rednamalas

Im in BC brother.

Thumbs Up/Down

Sorry about that, I guess I should of looked at your location.Good luck all the same.I have a digital volcano and the thing works great.

Rednamalas

No worries.I not a big vapo fan yet but once I have a good unit that will change im sure.I will never give up my doobie though.20 joints a day keeps the brain at bay lol

Quote Originally Posted by desmond jones View Post
    Sorry about that, I guess I should of looked at your location.Good luck all the same.I have a digital volcano and the thing works great.

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 206/0
    Given: 691/1

Red face high guys

tany bodie out ther have or know of anybodie who might have an xtra vaporizer anything even an old dinasoure that they my want to donate or real cheep as im on disableity and cant afford one and am in desprate need of one im curintly in the prosses of getting off methadone have been on it for 7 years used it as pain manigement ant to get off pills wall 7 years no pills .now im moving to cali to be in a 215 med stateasi only use mmj for my cronic pain im just about off methadone and hurting really bad im hopeing to get vaping bigtime.im workin on it iv made several home made devices but not happy with them can any bodie help me pm me plese husbandandwife420@yahoo.com..thanks guys and gals i thaut my home members might be able to help me lets see thanks and peace out

Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down

BC Government was forced to pay for a vaporizer for a legal MJ patient who was on welfare a couple of years ago - it was in the paper, and should be searchable online. Also, Veterans Affairs finally reimbursed me for my last vaporizer about 1-1/2 years ago, so the ability to cover such devices is in the system, it is a matter of not accepting "no" for an answer - always appeal, and keep appealing!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 65/0
    Given: 136/1

Quote Originally Posted by saxify View Post
    BC Government was forced to pay for a vaporizer for a legal MJ patient who was on welfare a couple of years ago - it was in the paper, and should be searchable online. Also, Veterans Affairs finally reimbursed me for my last vaporizer about 1-1/2 years ago, so the ability to cover such devices is in the system, it is a matter of not accepting "no" for an answer - always appeal, and keep appealing!
    Glad you were able to get reimbursed. Your last part of the thread is very important as the layers of government/big business have gotten very deep in the past few years. These "layers" are designed to frustrate people and make them give up which most will do after the first or even second no.
    Help me stop DSS delicate soul syndrome. We need volunteers to hug and hold all the delicate souls until we can heal them. Help us today! You can make a difference in someone's life. Tell them the truth.

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_In_Pain View Post
    Glad you were able to get reimbursed. Your last part of the thread is very important as the layers of government/big business have gotten very deep in the past few years. These "layers" are designed to frustrate people and make them give up which most will do after the first or even second no.
    There's a certain intimidation factor, whereby anytime you ask for something that could require an extra penny, they start maneuvering against you. Putting the bulldog of the office in personal charge of your file, and sending you job search pamphlets, are two that I've experienced.

You might get a vaporizer out of them, but they're apt to put you out on the fucking street for it.

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by saxify View Post
    This I didn't know but I would love to see the info and spread it around lol headband 707