Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default very week branches in Flowering

These are all clones from Northern Skunk, Jillybean and Vortex. 4 weeks into flower and the buds are forming ok but the branches and main stem are weak and rubbery with leaves drooping. I have sticks and string to hold them upright.

Using Liquid Karma and C02, 2 - 3 1k CoolTubes venting ok; 4 x 8 shed with temps in 70s.

Might have overwatered, used old dirt, too much coconut coir, or too much Great White Mycorrhizac, molasses, 3 gallon pots instead of 5.

Any ideas?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 50/0
    Given: 5/0

I would say that after you transplanted your clones into pots, they were unable to create a strong root structure. That along with overwatering is probably whats up. Man its like the fricking dominoe effect once something is misdiagnosed and mis-treated. Good luck

Thumbs Up/Down

Default let them dry out a little....

and try adding potassium silicate to your water. This enables the cell walls to make stronger structure due to the increased potassium silicate in your mix.

You can use a cost effective type easily obtainable from any garden store for about $10.
    Use till the last 2 weeks of flower.
    This will make your plants branches much stonger to hold up big buds.
    Last edited by Pothead Pete; 02-21-2012 at 07:04 PM.
    GROWBIGWEEDINTWEED!!!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 211/0
    Given: 1/0

I'm going to have to tend to agree with schmade on this one, I believe his analysis to be correct. That being said, I would make sure that you have trimmed/cleared an area for proper air flow beneath the canopy and try to increase your direct airflow over the root zone as much as possible. Let the plants dry out thoroughly using whatever technique you want. You want to get the plants to the stage where they are so dry they are *about* to wilt.

Otherwise I do not see anything wrong in your technique, atleast in regards to the Vortex. Although I would need to know if you have any time-release N-P-K amendments in the soil, or are you using any nutes other than liquid karma. (I assume you are using some sort of organic base nute combined with a kelp product?) If you aren't giving them enough nutes or the soil isn't providing for the demand then it could be a real problem. This is usually only a problem with CO2 enriched gardens, from my own personal experience.

Are the plants elevated or are they on a floor such as concrete? if so the cold may be moving up into the root zone and inhibiting growth.

Lastly, adding silicate is a good idea, any source should mix relatively easily, since you are already using a good line up of root energizing items I'd recommend pyroclay if you have access to it.

Lets see some pictures of the problems, or some pictures of the happy girls, there is a shortage of vortex pictures on the web for the amount of seeds that get sold.

cheers and good growing.
    /MNT
    Last edited by MidnightToker; 02-23-2012 at 02:55 PM.

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

Default pics and Vortex harv

Thanks for the feedback to ALL. I will try to post pics and will start to harvest in a coupl;e days