Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 211/0
    Given: 1/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default Th seeds: S.a.g.e.

Hello everyone,

Picked up these seeds at One-Of-A-Kind Glass/Seedbank.
    5 Pack of the above-noted feminized.

Within 24 hours of soaking all 5 seeds had cracked and popped tails.
    I Planted them into peat pucks and let them relax for roughly a week until I had a first set of true leaves.

Moved them into large yogurt cups and then up to 3L regular pots.
    Vegged under T5 6500K. Veg Nutes are the following: voodoojuice, tarantula(initial dose applied directly to root mass), piranha(intial dose applied directly to root mass), AN Tea Grow, B-52, Nirvana, Bud Candy, Rhino Skin & CalMag.

Upon emergence of the 5th set of nodes I FIM'd 4 of them and topped 1 of them (messed up the FIM). I gave the girls around another week of vegging and then I started my LST bending to encourage more tops. I let this go for about another week and then proceeded to top (again), trim any foilage that was obscuring smaller tops from the lightor that will definitely bloom below the canopy, and finally transplanted the girls into 9L AirPots. Pictures below are of the plants approximately 4 weeks of veg from seed + 1 week of initial cotyledon stage for a total of 5 weeks. Bloom will be starting up ideally next week (Feb 11 or 12). Further updates to follow.

on a side note, this plant is feminized, so it doesnt come as a suprise that all the plants are growing identically. I must admit that this plant has been easy and expedient to clone.

I'm expecting anywhere from 70-85 days on the bloom, since she's from seed, but I hope that the next wave of clones that come after her will be somewhere around 11 weeks max.

Front 5 are S.A.G.E.

Individuals:

Updates to follow,
    /MNT
    Last edited by MidnightToker; 02-05-2012 at 04:52 PM.

Thumbs Up/Down

I neglected to mention, the soilless mixture is:
    Promix BX, Earth Worm Castings, Perlite(additional), PyroClay, High Magnesium Dolemitic Lime, Granulated Kelp Meal, and Crushed Alfalfa.
    Cheers,

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 37/0
    Given: 6/1

Looking great how are you finding the air-pot,s?

Nice soil mix too looking forward to this one

Skunk-mad.
    This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
    Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Remember the name Fort Minor

http://www.classic-cannabis-seed-company.co.uk

COMING SOON!!!

http://www.classic-cannabis-company.co.uk/

Thumbs Up/Down

I love the airpots, mainly because I use the full line-up of beneficials /w and organic veg and an organic/synthetic bloom. After between 8-9 weeks of being in the bloom air pot (no matter what size I use) the plants have encrusted the entire mass with a short and dense root structure. When i used regular pots I was able to seperate the root ball from the soil and recycle it, but I can't do that with the "root cake" i pull out of the air pot. I just toss them into a storage composter and I'm planning to break them up in the spring using some serious gardening tools.

The thing about the airpots is that I had to develope extra measures in order to be able to use them effectively. For example, I make it a point to overcompress the soil around the edges as I fill up the pots, I now fill the pots with as much soil as I can, before I would leave around an inch to drench with. Also you can't rush the watering, you have to do an initial "top soak" and wait for it to settle before really attempting a drench, otherwise your nutes run out a hole on the side.

I can conclusively see the difference between traditional pots and air pots. I felt that I had to get more Airpots recently, even though I had regular pots on-hand, because I beleive in them that much, that they do work and further were worth the extra money.

The only thing I may add is that I have sizes from 7L up to 20L and the plants really seem to do the same no matter what size I put them in (atleast for my 8-9 week blooms). They tend to grow the same size no matter what size and further they seem to reach maximum root zone density no matter what size I use.

The 7L's are great but I have to water every 48, I am tending to lean towards the 12L's since I can get them into a 3day cycle.

My beef with them is that I buy a pot that is 12 inches tall and 3.5 of the inches are wasted raising up the bottom. At most it should be elevated an inch as standard gardening practices would dictate that you would have a spill tray or some other catch all. 3.5 inches of elevation is just non-sense.
    Last edited by MidnightToker; 02-05-2012 at 05:54 PM.

Thumbs Up/Down

To further prove my point, if you examine the picture of all 5 plants on the Hardwood floor, if you look closely at the holes in the airpots you will be able to distinguish where the soil begins and just how high up the bottom of the airpot is.

Thumbs Up/Down

i,ve been using them for around 2 years and yes make a great addition to any garden. I know what you mean about the bottom 2 rows but that,s usually where i get my root build up as it,s raised about 1 inch inside the air-pot but yes this could be lowered to just 1 layer when you put them together or would that not work?

glad someone else is using the airpots not tried them with soil yet but will be soon

skunk-mad.

COMING SOON!!!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

The air pots look more interesting each time I find a new thread with them, I'll probably have to buy a few I also like how you've named the plants by precious metals rather than numbers.

One thing you might try with the old rootballs - if you have either the time to spare an airpot for a week or another container it can go into then you can simply water the plant-less mix after harvest and let it sit for a week or two. Provided you're growing organically the microherd can have that rootball broken down into something workable surprisingly quickly.

I typically water all my pots pot-harvest and when they get emptied into the recycle bins the root systems basically "shatter" on impact

Looking nice and green too, no sign of burns or abuse
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down

Thank you for the compliment sir.
    My Last grow from seed was TGA Vortex and I used the basic colours (r,b,g,y,w, etc) so I felt that I had to differentiate. Further, I do not feel comfortable assigning a number to a plant. Maybe it's a form of attachment that I feel the need to give the plants a name.

I've never had the pleasure of trying S.A.G.E. but it came highly recommended from the new Seedbank at Lakeshore and Islington, and the guy working the counter is highly knowledgeable.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 94/1
    Given: 8/0

nice stuff man,,, can the bottems be lowered somehow? gota take a closer look next time I see'm.

R

Thumbs Up/Down

I took a look at that grow since I have a serious thing for Cindy and Apollo.

Nice results, and beautiful purpling on the Bubba

Amazing that 5l could sustain plants that big
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by ROLNÍK View Post
    nice stuff man,,, can the bottems be lowered somehow? gota take a closer look next time I see'm.

R
    i think the bottom could be lowered 1 layer maybe?

skunk-mad.

COMING SOON!!!

Vegetative Member milkcratejukebox's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 59/0

is the purpose of the empty bottom rows to act as a flue, like in a stove to circulate air? if thats at all possible

.. only seen these pots that i see here and interested in them but havent had a chance to research them.

crate

Thumbs Up/Down

Yep the idea is to have circulation around the exterior of the pot, however, it could be accomplished with just a 1inch lip, especially since most of us probably have spill trays that already raise the pots or have indented grooves which channel water away. You can try and lower the bottom of the pot but there is an elongated lip that the bottom sits on, and if you were to use a smaller groove, in conjunction with the weight from soil, blooming, and perhaps water, it may be enough for the bottom to fall out. Not worth the risk for 1inch.Perhaps it's just my 2 cents, and it may be misplaced mentioning it here, but I'd rather focus on the grow coming up so I'll be continuing to direct my post towards that end, I also wanted to mention that they are 7L airpots in the previous example in which i cited 5L airpots (not to be confused as the S.A.G.E. is in 9L Airpots).

Updates on S.A.G.E. to follow this weekend as I water and move them into bloom.

thanks for your interest everyone,
    cheers.
    /MNT

Thumbs Up/Down

Looking forward to seeing how those pots perform

Keep posting pics for us hungry gawkers
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 0/0

Ready to see the flowering begin. Got me a different brand airpot and I am able to use all but about an inch from the bottom (think Root Builder II is what the are called)

And after seeing my one plants roots 'lock up' the soil and get that death grip on all soil I've switched to all airpots and 2 smartpots as I needed 2 short 10gal and the airpots tend to be taller than wide. But did see you could buy a 100' x 18" roll of them and custom make the size you desire.

Had some S.A.G.E.and sour back in Wenatche, WA when I was there over the summer and it was one of the better things I smoked even compared to the dispensaries in Seatlle. (At the time I had better meds sitting at home and was very disappointed with quality of most dispensaries). But I'm not from there and in 'the know' on which dispensary to go to but I did alot of research on the net.
    Last edited by Jred; 02-10-2012 at 11:31 AM.

Thumbs Up/Down

Hey all, thanks for your comments and I am very excited to grow this to fruitition. I had a fellow grower drop by my place to check out a special Vortex pheno that I am keeping "under wraps" and he commented similarily, indicating that S.A.G.E. is apparently absolutely "stellar" weed, this coming from a guy who doesn't seem to get excited about much of anything...

That being said, My AC broke down and I had to chop my last cycle immediately. Cleaned out the entire bloom room and disconntected the AC/CO2 and I will be running the cooltube sucking atmophere from within the room. I hope it won't effect my ability to grow good plants but time will tell.

Nothing has changed since my last post with the exception that the plants are using up the water at incredible rates while still in vegetative growth. I usually don't see this sort of water consumption until around week 5-6 of blooom, to give an idea of what I assume is going on under the soil. I moved the girls into Tomatoe baskets and put them under the two HIDS & LEDS:

(Taken Yesterday, prior to putting them into tomatoe baskets):

LEVEL CANOPY:

INDIVIDUALS IN TOMATOE BASKETS IN BLOOM ROOM (NO CO2/AC):

Updates to follow. I was perviously doing Flush -Nute-Flush-Nute rotation, but going to try a Flush-Flush-Nute schedule recommended by a fellow grower who uses similar conditions.

Cheers and good growing.
    /MNT

p.s. getting excited for the 2012 Expo!

Thumbs Up/Down

First Bloom Feeding and first Nute Feed since moving to 9L Air Pots, adminstered this morning (6:00 a.m.):

RODI H20 + SensiBloom A/B, Voodoo Juice, Nirvana, Mother Earth Tea Bloom, Bud Candy, Cal Mag+, Rhino Skin, Bud Factor X, and Bud Ignitor.
    Added 60ML of each to 50L of water for a 1.2/1L Ratio. [ Feed PPM at 640 - didn't bother to investigate run-off since this is the first nute application].

I finished up my SensiBloom so I will be switching to Connoiseur A/B, hopefully that wasn't an apparent waste of money like the Bud Factor X...

Pictures taken today at 4:30pm,

ENTIRE ROOM:

*Please note the very front plant is a vortex (phenotype: red), but the other 5 plants are S.A.G.E.

FRONT:

BACK:

So far so good running the room without an A/C since it's winter time in Canada, I need to find one sooner or later so I can hook back up my Co2 and dehumidifier and crank my lights back up to 600W. Oh I should mention that I had to turn down the HID's to 400W to help control the heat when they're on.

Cheers
    /MNT

Thumbs Up/Down

Found a new AC, same model as my previous so I just plugged her in. Cranked back up the CO2 & Dehumidifier and did a final trim of the lower "sucker/popcorn" nodes and a complete and thorough flush.
    Pics to follow next week, as pre-flowers are just now developing.
    Cheers
    /MNT

Thumbs Up/Down

3 Flushes later, my second Round of Nutes delivered @ 1mL/1L (on Day 13 Bloom):

Connoiseur A/B,
    Mother Earth Tea: Bloom,
    Cal Mag+,
    Bud Candy,
    Big Bud,
    Nirvana,
    Rhino Skin,
    Bud Factor X, and
    B-52.

Pre-florals and initiating floral structures are in full swing effective today (Day 13 Bloom).

To simplify I have moved all 5 S.A.G.E. to the front of the room under the 600W HPS+90W LED.

***Just ignore the other half dozen plants in the background as they aren't part of the grow report.***

Further Reports to follow pending the completion of week 3.

Cheers and good growing,
    /MNT

p.s. On a side note, any growers experience a part of their room that gives their plants difficulty. I run a sealed room and there is an area near the corner of the room (under direct HPS & LED and has a fan directly blowing on it) but whenever I put a plant in this corner it tends to start to necrofy the lower/lowest branches. At first I thought maybe I was over watering and not flushing the nutes properly, but I couldn't say for certain was I was constantly growing different phenotypes. With the feminized sage I KNOW they are all the same, they all grew the same, have the same soil, and had the same waters/nutes out of the same rez from Day 1 seed... Am I crazy???
    Last edited by MidnightToker; 02-26-2012 at 09:32 AM.

Thumbs Up/Down

March 03, 2012: I decided to update today because for the first time the S.A.G.E. is starting to give off a VERY POTENT Lemon smell. I was in my room doing the usual "tucking" of fan leaves to expose further tops that were overgrown to light and the lemon smell hit me in the face and almost made my eyes water. 3 weeks almost down, 8 more to g(r)o(w)!

Cheers and good growing
    /MNT

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

i am told that the age seed are not good.

there is only ne cutting by the name of sage and it is private, th seed
    tryed to reproduce and did not work.

i have it by good word from european grwer that this is so.

good luck but you will not have the sage.
    sorry to post this....

peace nad happy growing.
    all the best

greeenjon

Thumbs Up/Down

Dear GreeenJon,

I bought these seeds from 1-of-a-kind glass and seed bank, the Toronto area of which is founded by Marco Renda, whos identity should be known to you. The Gentleman who sold me the seeds is named James, formerly of 56th Parallel, with experience in breeding. I am inclined to believe that both the credited store, and the individual who sold me the seeds have the authority to make that determination. That being said, perhaps you are referring to some ages lost mythical mother plant from days of yore. All I know is that this S.A.G.E. is the self-proclaimed flagship product of TH Seeds, and have been entered and been sucessful in competitions, and further appears to be very high quality plants.

Now to substantiate my claims about quality. I do apologize for not having updated this grow report sooner, but I have been busy with my final semester of college as well as having been hit by a car (while walking my dog on the sidewalk). So I've been taking it easy.

Sage is now into Day 58 and even though I run a sealed room I felt it was necessary to drag my carbon scrubber in and leave her on 24/7. The room is very dank. The buds currently have a very deep and bold aroma. Much like when you brew fresh coffee, you can't ignore this smell. I would also note that I have 4 additonal types of ladies in the background that are on a similar bloom phase/schedule and they do not smell anywhere near as pungent. Surprising to me was that, when you agitate a flower, you get a very deep smell that is similar to cheese (although my unknown UK cheese smells like strong old cheddar, this sage i am commenting on smells more like fresher cheese without the aging process).

I am expecting to yield around 3 ounces per plant based on visual estimation, based on however long i grew it( i can't remember but if you scroll up it will be listed) however there is still 2 weeks in which for oils to be packed on.

I have now arrived at Oils, this plant is indeed sticky. I would compare her with the stickiest sativa hybrid I know of, Jack The Ripper, which is notoriusly famous for crazy resin production since week 2 bloom. The resin production is similar, but not as evident. If you were to glance by a JTR in passing she would be stuck to your arm and your arm hairs would be glued down as if you just came in contact with tree sap. While Sage will stick to you if you come into contact with her, when you unstick her, she doesn't leave your arm hairs glued down.

All things considered if you are in town for the Expo Jred you can get in touch with me and I would be happy to have you do a smoke report .

Updates to follow,

cheers and good growing,

/MNT
    Last edited by MidnightToker; 04-04-2012 at 03:15 PM.

Thumbs Up/Down

March 09, 2012. Week 4.

cheers,

/MNT

Thumbs Up/Down

March 25, 2012. S.A.G.E. (week 6):

** just ignore the distant background on some of these, the room is beginning to fill up with other girls**

cheers,

/MNT

Thumbs Up/Down

April 04, 2012 Sage (Day 58):

cheers and good growing,

/MNT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast