Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MMAR Apps

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I received my renewal about 2 weeks ago... No card, again, but 6 weeks early... never had any issues with processing but I always have my Doc fax my paperwork about 3 months before expiry(Average 6-8 weeks prcessing in my experience). The HC employees can be a little misleading as to their ability to do anything for you when you phone them but they are govt slaves after all... I avoid contact whenever possible, call once a year for a current fax number and thats about it. I moved last year shortly before my renewal was due so I sent that early, had it 8 weeks early(had it before I moved). After I received that I sent my address change and received it before I was unpacked... from the feedback about HC, it seems like i have been very fortunate in my dealings with them, but the trick is to realize that you are dealing with bureaucrats. Make sure you have all the right paper work and you should be ok... just dont harass them too much or they'll put on the bottom of the pile apparently.
    "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most" ~ Ozzy Ozborne

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_In_Pain View Post
    Health Canada is in "full fuck around mode" at this point. How could these stooges function in the private sector with this level of incompetence? Fuck them all.
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowpoint View Post
    they will delay renewals and new apps while passing our addies to the dea, oops i mean rcmp, so that once they charge us with no permit, we can never get a permit for life.
    This is what scares me about even trying to apply. Not the least of which is my GP has said an emphatic NO. Her response was that "Smoking is bad for you". Obviously, I disagree, and I know that smoking is not the only way to take the medicine. I've been looking at all the valuable and accurate information for years, even before my health became an issue. I know that I don't qualify for Category 1, but with multiple reasons, I think Cat 2 is valid.

It just seems to me that Grand Pa Smurf has a more valid route.

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Pa smurf View Post
    They couldn't pay me enough to get my name on thier list, n sign thier silly little compliance contracts, like that's what makes anyone legal in the 1st place or something. lol
    I'm just getting to the point where every time I get a new med and I read the side effects of what it does and find out just how UNhealthy that shit is, then also the fact that one should not be given to someone with my other problem. I have Type 2 diabetes and heart disease. The diabetes med says that it's not good for heat patients, the cholesterol says muscle degradation .. and on and on .. I know .. I'm singing to the choir.

I don't know that I have an actual point here, just that I'd like to be able to apply, but after reading all of the problems that everyone has mentioned, the possibility of legal complications, and now the unknown changes that are to be coming into effect for HC .. .. I don't know that applying is even worth while. It just seems that quietly growing my own in stealth seems to be the better route. But even doing that doesn't seem safe sometimes, especially when I have no support at home. Paranoia comes in without even smoking anything.

I'm with MNT on this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightToker View Post
    Does anyone actually have the address for Health Canada MMAD where the employees are? ... I'd love to wait outside for a day and figure out who's who in that building and then make my issues their "personal & immediate" concern.
    I guess that's just a desperate fantasy.
    The people in the department are being given orders to fuck around though. The poor slob behind the phones and replies isn't really the problem, it's the Ayatollah harper who is forcing the department into looking like assholes. Nobody can be as stupid as those people play at being. It's like a real life SNL skit with John Belushi playing Samuri Health Canada agent. It's just so unreal.

Is it really worth my while to try to press my doctor into this? Or find a doc who will help? I have mountains of documentation that I could dump on her .. .. but why, if it's not going to help?

I wish I knew what to do.

Peace
    Cult
    Last edited by Cultosaurus; 01-04-2012 at 01:30 PM.
    Mushrooms - They're all edible, it's what happens afterward that's important.
    http://shroomotopia.net
    http://fsre.nl/

in research, compiling the truth about mj from scientists, NOT politicians
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 17/0

Default dr available for skype appointment

tell your dr you intend to use it in food products and not smoking it, although
    it wouldn't matter if you were wiping it on your butt the dr won't sign, even
    for cancer patients in alberta.
    if you have $400 and skype then google mmas and they can help.
    Hit them where it hurts, show them the scientific truth about marijuana, while debunking the lies.
    Even politicians know, that the truth will always win.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 65/0
    Given: 136/1

Cultosaurus I understand when someone asks why they should "get legal" with all the bullshit hoops you need to jump through. I might complain about HC's bullshit with us but in the end I am legal, right now anyway and with Harper and the real changes coming with the laws I worry about all the folks that have a small grow are at a terrible risk.

We should not have to do this bs just for the sake of our own health but we do and until they make the "correct" changes this will only go on. If they wipe us out and say it is no longer legal for us to grow I will likely just drop off the grid anyway and they will never find me again. Good riddense right? LOL

My point is if you can get legal do it now and at least we have the "precedence" set in case we have to do battle in the courts with these toothless bastards. Personally I can't see how they can strip us of a constitutional right won in court but it will be what it will be when the hammer falls until then it's anyones best guest.

I will never give up my grow.
    Help me stop DSS delicate soul syndrome. We need volunteers to hug and hold all the delicate souls until we can heal them. Help us today! You can make a difference in someone's life. Tell them the truth.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/0

Angry

This is just my take on things. I believe being "legal" is worth it because I believe the court will support patients being able to grow their own. My understanding of the court's decision regarding medical cannabis is that the patients right to "effective medicine" is priority number 1. That is why we got the right to grow in the first place, because access and quality were (and still are) a problem. NO GOVERNMENT has willingly accepted medical cannabis. I believe we will never lose the right to grow our own. Any reasonable person can see that the charges of abuse are bogus and the court will not restrict our access to our medicine. I totally understand people who are suspicious of being "legal" because they are right, we with permits will be first to face the courts. I know I will NEVER stop growing my own organic medicine. I will NEVER accept those who have supported our persecution while they peddle poison being responsible for the quality of my cannabis. (Big pharma)

For those of you who do not want to register may I offer this idea.
    No guarantees
    I believe that if you can get a doctor to fill out an actual prescription sheet stating that you need cannabis. This is what I did before getting my card. I had a doctor (He was great I really miss him) who was in his seventies and very well respected. When I told him how I found relief with cannabis he came up with this idea. He told me that the prescription paper holds a lot of weight and a doctor has the final say when it comes to treatment (other than patient of course). About 8 months later I had a bad break-up with my girlfriend and of course she called the cops. They were real bastards until they saw the prescription and who had signed it. I was not charged and was able to harvest a pretty good crop considering it was one of my first. It never hurts to cover ypur ass.

I was also wondering if we could get an injuction stopping the government from denying us our right to grow our own medicine but don't know how.
    (I know there are no lawyers here )

Legalize it already

Thumbs Up/Down

Hollowpoint - Yes, I know about taking it as food. I retired many years ago from recreational, back when you had to know geography to know good pot. But in getting older and finding things happening, I've always looked for natural paths to treatment. I intended to take it as either food or a canna cap. I have found some local doctors by googling one that was advised to me. But I'm stuck in town until I can afford car repairs. I have a GP doctor's appointment in a week, so I'll print some reports out and prove that I know what I'm talking about, and see what happens, but she's very old school, so IDK what will happen.

Guy_In_Pain - Going legal had always scared me due to where my information could go to once I was in the system. I guess I'll just have to get over it and try.

As far as fighting, I have always thought that somewhere, there must be a restriction to the extent to which the government can ban a plant that is natural in the environment. No government has control over Mother Nature, and somewhere in there, there must be something that will over rule their capacity to create such a ridiculous law that contravenes Mom Nature. I've looked at our constitution and Human Rights act and there is nothing explicit, however, I think that the things that are there are applicable to cannabis. That is probably the reason why the Supreme Court rules on the positive side, as it does contravene our civil and human rights. It's how the government has managed to over rule the top court and reverse those decisions that has always had me wondering.

Paddyk - I'll have to remember the medicine and denial of proper medicine part of your argument, as I usually head strait to the human rights ideals. I've always had very strong libertarian beliefs that way. You should see some of the angry posts I make about prohibition on some other sites. Apparently, I'm not allowed to call harper an asshole on some places.

Thanks to everyone for your help and input. I better start printing those reports for my doctor. Wish me luck, I'm going to need it.

Peace
    Cult
    Mushrooms - They're all edible, it's what happens afterward that's important.
    http://shroomotopia.net
    http://fsre.nl/

Thumbs Up/Down

Oh and Cult one more thing along the lines of what paddy was saying. Make sure your GP writes down in your medical file that you have asked about him/her signing so you can get "legal", dated the whole nine yards. And let him/her know if you get arrested from this point forward it is on them and you will be calling them into court as a witness in your defence.

Use the same statement you used earlier on this is not for recreational purposes but for medical purposes and the doctors are supposed to sign these papers. Tell your doctor you don't want to be dragged out of your family home in cuffs just for trying to feel better.

Beleive it or not this has worked on some gp's to get them to see the light and finally sign the damn papers. Then you have to begin dealing with SCUM BAG health Canada employees but that's another story you already know about. LOL

Good luck and press that GP of yours make them work for you, it is their job to help us medically.
    Help me stop DSS delicate soul syndrome. We need volunteers to hug and hold all the delicate souls until we can heal them. Help us today! You can make a difference in someone's life. Tell them the truth.

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

I knew it was self destructive to "get legal".. It's entirely too obvious why if you have half a brain. Do you trust that your government has your best intentions at heart? Should you? Is there good reason? On which side of the fence does every observable factor lay?

On the other hand, despite awareness of the intrinsic dangers, we still face a certain concern of danger if we play the system by not playing it at all. It "feels" safer, but is that real or is it placebo? As far as the system is concerned, when you opt out, you've sealed your fate. The system is The System, omnipresent, omnipotent, and you, are just a little piece of shit, who didn't happen to think The System mattered to him. Just the kind it likes to make efficient examples of. That, really, IS, The System.

Having considered that, the proper way to play the system is to play the system. If you've attempted to play the system and failed, That's Okay, because you "trriiiiied" the system and frankly, your fucking job in it IS to fail, which makes you a player, a believer, a non threat. If you get caught NOT believing in the system, you're treated as a fucking terrorist heretic of the worst kind, since it's a crime against the very fabric of The System itself.

Faith is fundamental to the wellbeing of such belief systems, since they live and die by the tinkerbell effect. To have no faith in the belief structure challenges its very right to exist. They probably have a file on you a few tens of gigabytes long just for posting to this fucking forum you fucking terrorist. But then, ipso facto of posting to a forum like this, can it also argue that you aren't one. The problem is that when it matters most, when everything is on the line for you, the ultimate subjective decider isn't going to be you, it's going to be The System, and so our actions always need to be weighed out against that cold reality. The question isn't whether or not will be ass fucked, the question is can you survive it once you do get ass fucked.

The other reality is what I mentioned earlier, that of omnipresence. The tin foil hatters of ten years ago are the ones fucking laughing today, and it's going to get worse. Do you really fucking think that you operate a small grow, and they don't know? There was a time for you, oldtimer, but your days have gone and the window that let it exist is very rapidly slamming the fuck shut.

They tolerate you because you're small time, not worth the bother. They don't need headlines to that effect, maybe the prisons are too full, for now. But odds are? They probably do know, and you're only at all smart if you can operate on that basis, because your brother is the chief of police and likes it when you rat out your competition to him or whatever.

Now they want to monitor your internet/total thought process and track your every move, without telling you or anything, no real accountability. They probably already shoved a fucking all spying eye smart box up your ass and told you it was for efficiency. For those who don't understand the rammifications of that, who ten years ago pointed fingers crying for a fresh batch of tin hats, what they can tell people about you is fucking everything.

For them to not know, you would have to be of such a ghost, that you could not live a normal life in modern society. As well, you'd have to enjoy a rare level of intelligence, education, and personal support network.... well let's just say you're fucked, unless you think you're fucking batman. Unless you're Bruce Wayne and in perfect health you're not going to be living in a fucking cave growing organic ganga any more than did Osama, but you will be the same terrorist to The System.

A few months ago in the Sudbury paper there was a report of a guy who'd burnt down his parents shed. He was quick drying some crystal meth that he grew for pain relief from a crushed arm at his mechanics job. He left a fire in the stove unsupervised and I'm guessing probably stoked it up to dry it super fast.

Most would agree that's idiotic of course, but what it really is, is desperate. Poor bastard! It wasn't enough to be a mechanic with a crushed arm, but they wanted him to be a mechanic with a crushed arm and hardcore opiate addiction. At least if I had to work next to him, I could trust him around my tools until he wanted to make a bong.

Anyway, one of those good examples as per the subject of the digression, they leaned on him by leaning on his elderly parents who didn't know he was "Growing weed in the shed", potentially harming children. My guess is he'd grown it outdoors and had brought it in there for a quick-dry so it didn't all fucking rot and go moldy, and the poor bastard was desperate and that's what desperate folks do, they cut corners and do stupid things and he was winging it the best he could.

He probably thought he was really smart and fortunate to have gotten something of a crop outside of the higher risk of his house, and knew the quicker he could dry it the less risky it will be. The sad truth is we've all been there.... we'll all be there..... we are, all there now.

Bongs can be used as blunt objects in the sealing industry. This works best if you allow the bong water to freeze first. Police could use frozen bong water blunt objects for their preferred crowd control tactic of cracking children's skulls, assuming of course that a war veteran turned terrorist is still someone's child, obviously a terrorist as well. In your heart of hearts you know that a sealer is unlikely to ever abuse a bong that way.

So this armless mechanic goes to the judge, he goes hey judge, it's medicinal. The judge goes to the guy, "if it's medicinal, man, then, why didn't you just, like, get a prescription, like everybody else?" And "When the new laws pass I'll have no choice." Look, look how lucky yee are, I can only fits one boot up yer arse, but I'll be seein yee tomarrow. Funnier still is calling attention to the actual punchline of that real event, where the judge thought he had a fucking choice despite his specilized degree of fucking idiocy in the matter. I think this was even post Mernagh so... "not sure if completely stupid or completely corrupt".

So, and what the papers left up to the reader, of course only for the sake of brevity, obviously to save his elderly parents from doing hard time alongside priestly child molesters, he coped to a guilty plea to have their charges dropped. "Justice".... apparently stands on some weak grounds when it has to pull shit like that off regularly in what calls itself a first world country, but that's also standard operating procedure for it.

Convictions is all they give a shit about, it's what justifies their salaries. But that was the old system. Once we get for profit prisons and their subsequent slave labor and manditory minimums alongside the old mentality of coping pleas we're going to be in a fine shitstorm in piranhna ladden waters. Which industry gets to pawn you first? Pharmaceutical? Prison? SWAT? Parol Officer? Judges? Lawyers? Are they a different industry?? Maybe they win your water either way? A, what a System that is.

Seems to me if a crushed arm or gaping wound doesn't do enough to establish proof of medical need, more than a fucking doctor's note could do, we have problems with the level of vetting of our so called "experts" and more so the absolute "faith" that we give them completely, for absolutely no reason.

What higher authority in the practical matter of a crushed arm does any doctor possess than can a fucking crushed arm itself. It's the tinkerbell effect again. But it also allows otherwise supposedly intelligent people, like a judge, to be completely fucking stupid with their decisions and careless with the responsibility of their power, because they can silently and simply differ the errors in their logic to the false authority they've accepted as "next only to god". We've seen infamous cases where such supposed ultimate authorities ripped families apart and destroyed lives because he told them just what they wanted to hear and apparently there was no higher authority to raise any questions. Do you REALLY want to call your doctor as a witness to your case????? Maybe the testimony that you hope from him won't bode well with the sales of his next self help book?

You're raised to believe a doctor is the ultimate authority on med issues, and as a far close ties to the pharmaceutical industry that trains them to their liking, they collectively exude such a belief, the effects of which show up in countless ways, from "doctored" papers that win approvals for dangerous and yet ineffective drugs, to keeping effective yet not dangerous drugs black listed. Good drugs are black listed and bad drugs are black labelled..

With the Mernagh case they got their balls collectively kicked. We'll have to see if they've managed to purchase enough supreme court judges in Canada before we can applaude that yet. So, what to do in the meantime? Realize as well that all they have to do is say "well, all this makes perfect sense but would just send The System into total anarchy and we can't have anarchy. What happens then? Well.. it's illegal, because why? Because it's illegal, and that will be the precedent. We didn't need a reason, it was bullshit anyway, now there's room for ads.

Expect the worst and you won't be surprised. Play the system by playing it according to their rules, if you're healthy, capable and priviledged enough to, like having a doctor that might actually sign which laughably is still a requirement.

If you ever wind up as the armless mechanic at least you'll be able to say the system is too broken to play... of course in his position there are all kinds of strong logical arguments you can make when they aren't holding the wellbeing of your family hostage. Which brings us to the ultimate conclusion, where if the system wants to fuck you, consider yourself fucked. Bear in mind regardless, the system only has any mercy on those who opt to play, and that by getting a misnomered "exemption", that is all you're doing, begging for fucking mercy from your eventual and inevitable hard fuck.

Every document they send you on your license states that it's in no way an agreement that it can or should help you, that it isn't dangerous, that you understand and agree that it is dangerous, an can be cancelled or revoked at will.

My argument is that while I did get my "license" renewed in recent weeks and on time, it actually never was renewed, as it was never issued at all. The "license" is the actual photo ID card, that fits in your wallet, and that can actually last the lifetime of the issued "exemption", not some fucking paper that can only turn to dust within a day of you ever trying to use it. That's what's in the law and that's what's in court rulings.

You are ONLY exempted when carrying it on your person/with you when someone like a cop asks to see it. See, they gave you nothing that can do the job it's supposed to, like they're supposed to. In doing so they've assured that when you're asked to present such a card, you won't be "effectively" exempt, as you will not have the card. You'll be totally at their mercy. So if they want to lay charges and have you fight it out in court? There went your life, and they were just doing their job, while it's YOUR fault for not carrying around the license you have.

If this ember ever gets wind in the msm? It won't "resonate" for sympathy with the ignorant public because they will reference it to what they know, that you can't drive without carrying your license on you and that's a perfectly normal request of someone. They won't ever have been faced with the fucking absurdity of trying to fold a roll of toilet paper in their wallet for it though, and probably never will either have the cop that decides you're full of shit and wasting his fucking time with bullshit excuses. I mean I know that's the first thing I do with every license, put it where it's fucking useless when I need it.

Maybe if you just had hilton tits you'd have gotten off with having to bring your pink sheets to the station. But the judge will probably throw it out anyway, right? Like, if you had a license, why not like, duh... carry it? If you are not carrying it you must not be playing by System rules, well, lookee here, we dun gots us an out law.

If I'm a boss on a job and an employee needs a tool to do a job that I tasked of him, and I give him the wrong tool that I know damn well can not do the job according to my liking..then I fucked up that employee's ability to do his job. When he fucks up, because he has to do "a" job, and he had to do it with the tools that I gave him, he will be at my complete mercy, or lack thereof, for the fall that I knowingly set him up for.

If, as this boss, I have someone I somewhat answer to, and this fucked up job brought some attention that might go bad for me, I'm going to want to be able to show that I at least made some attempt to get the proper tool to my worker, and list a few bullshit reasons on why that was good enough in my mind. I'm probably also going to want to hold his family's wellbeing and freedom hostage just to ensure that he keeps his fucking mouth shut and doesn't make too smart an argument in his defence.

So, yes, HC will still give the pink sheets out. They are absolutely fucking useless. At best, when it gets to the worst, you can leverage them for mercy and that's about all they're good for, and maybe that they didn't shoot your kids in the meantime.

To anyone who thinks you're actually safe for being what you "think" is "stealth"...you're probably not, you're probaby just too small to give a shit about, for now, and all you can do is hope that doesn't change, but it will and it is. Just know that when they pull your number for whatever reason numbers get pulled, you will not have that leverage even with a gushing headwound, and some ignorant corrupt judge is going to sit high and mighty as he tells you "why didn't you just get a license".

So clearly, there's no real answer, you take a big fucking gamble either way. It's "The System", and it eats little pieces of shit to sustain itself and it has your number.

Lastly, HC only ever issued cards under harper very infrequently, in one or two bursts, just enough so they can say "we issued cards", because the exception proves the rule, and "aren't issuing cards now because of xyz" where xyz are perpetual and insurmountable.

That's how they play the system that from their perspective is broken in this aspect. So in the exact same way that you would get an "exemption" "card" to play the system while knowing it won't fucking get you anything good but probably will bad, they too issue you a "card", knowing it's good for shit, and so The System plays.

Think about it too. The laaast thing they want is ten thousand people going around canada waving their club cards around. What happens when people do that? Obviously eeeeeverybody wants one. Even hc's supposed "proposal" is dead set adamant about not handing out club cards, so much so that that's all they know. They didn't have a first clue as to how they'd manage without such a card, or just didn't want to make it known pre election that there'd be a police database waiting for each patient. After all, since prisons are where we send patients to, there's efficiency gains to be had by streamlining.

Someone with the means should start a fucking aftermarket club card. Something that fits in the wallet. Something we can just wave around all the time or sew on your jackets:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Juif.JPG

When it comes to a license to produce I would say there is an appreciable measure of relief that comes from having it, especially which such arbitrary laws. I can't say there isn't. But it's a placebo effect that one allows oneself and tomorrow could be the day they decide to go full steam with that bs proposal and hunt us down like dogs using the master list, just like they did with the gun registry for which they promised would never be used that way.

So at best it does provide with a false sense of security. If your doctor is the type of asshole that wants to be "in with The System" you're going to get such a small plant count that it would be every bit as dangerous for you to grow effectively and efficiently, because you'll exceed it. If he wants to be "in" with the patients, he's going to have to give, what to the outsider looks like a stupid amount to smoke just to save you from endangering yourself with their bullshit plant count equation that fails to account for the more practical concerns of growing.

Lastly another aspect of the bullshit with this system are the social vampires. Whether doctors that prescribe based on a sliding scale of your income or of such megalomania that they drive themselves out of business or their collective of useful idiots that mindlessly cheer their every move no matter the harm is of no import, they're all vampires wanting your blood.

The average grunt of society is going to hear of how they charge based on a sliding scale of your income and think that's fair.. The average grunt has yet to fully abandon the increasingly fabled concept of "disposable income". While the patients who require the freedom of growing for themselves most likely have no known concept of the term, where for them it's not one graded in terms of luxury but of absolute necessity. It's a question of potential meals and not hockey tickets that tax payers cover.

HC created a system that invites and encourages assholes just like them, so the patients, pawns to each player, would have to suffer them. Some may be forced to "divert" to compensate whatever was extorded from them, and in doing so we see a self fulfilling prophecy, which can only be argued is by design.

Any such system of total restriction and control is going to provide the elemental building blocks of a black market, and there is no fucking difference if your connection to it takes the form of a biker gang member or an extortionist doctor who is uniquely positioned with priviledge to abuse you. It's the same asshole, he just wears a different uniform on weekends.

Assholes like them think nothing to treat you like an addict, because it looks better for them and their business interests if they go the extra mile in treating you worse than even the fucking law imposed. So you get to have your pee test and your police check. For every 1000 assholes like you or I that they do that to, probably one or two budies has a better sliding scale and got himself a fucking 10000 plant count "card" and a helicpoter.. apparently. Who is to blame once that happens btw? Not the fucking doctor, surely, or the patient... but the moribund by birth program and everyone in it.

These doctors and their useful idiot collectives also gladly give very bad advice.. which good information means potential prison or not I think they have a certain responsibility to want to give you good information and if not? It is one thing to "investigate" them but it's another to make good of it and when they're doing your fucking dirty work for you...hey, play on playa.

I tend to think it was some of their beliefs that if they could sign up as many as possible, there'd be exponentially more problems/court cases etc, and since we only gain ground in court I think they were hoping to force an a faster evolution. It could only have been an evolution from their perpective as they were or hoped to uniquely positioned to capitalize off of whatever changes they saw comming. How many fucking patients got their asses charged thanks to these fucking assholes.

You know it's like how if my wife wants a birdhouse, but I don't want a fucking ugly ass birdhouse in my backyard, I don't fucking like birds they should all die.... but you know, the wife wears the skirt so.. I "have" to give her a fucking bird house. I'm going to use the softest wood, the worst paint, make certain it's in good contact with the ground on top of an ant hill and do all that I can do to ensure that in just a season or two its' going to look like pure ass and the wife is going to want to say "get that ugly piece of nasty shit the fuck out of here", and be happy when she sees me crush it under my foot as I tell her it's too bad we couldn't find a nicer spot for all the memories it had. It's not a loss to myself today, it's fucking gift to myself two years from now.

Really, the government's approach to compliance with court rulings pertaining to medical marijuana could be diagnosed as passive aggressive. As a citizen, I think that's fucking disagraceful.

A hundred years from now King Harper 3'rd will be apologizing for treatment that med pot users endured under his ancestors just like harper apologized to the natives for their prior treatment, and in a hundred years us fucking pot smokers will no doubt be huddled in the freezing sheds with them.

I'd have cleaned this bullshit up some more but I lost it once, now nearly twice.
    Last edited by chillzpls; 01-07-2012 at 02:05 PM.

Thumbs Up/Down

Wow, what a post. While I agree an awful lot with your take on our corrupt government and most of what you say, you lost me a couple of times. You started off talking about some poor guy who burnt the shed down trying to make or dry "crystal meth" and then everything seems to be about growing cannabis. While I agree that the bs government (who bought the election btw) has never operated in good faith with regard to our medicine. We as you say must play the system and I for 1 am damn glad for both the courts and the senate. I believe we do not use the 2002 special senate report calling for legalization enough in our arguments. WE need a lawyer willing to represent US, there must be 1 out there somewhere. I know that I am very fortunate to have had the most respected doctor in my town sign my papers and feel very sorry for those whose doctors are bastards. I may be wrong, crazy or just fucking deluded by I truly believe that by being "legal" the courts will rule in our favor of being able top grow our own, thay have stated that once already, which is why the courts forced the governmnet to create the mmar in the 1st place. WE cannot trust our government anymore! If they will lie about cannabis, what the hell other lies are they telling? Better yet do they EVER tell the truth?
    Legalize it already

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

Well you see the thing of it is, with the way that harpco did such a superb job of poisoning the "public" "consultation" by conflating weed with meth I figured they're interchangeable. Harpco must be invested in meth sales or something.

Catch weedwars? How'd ya like that wallstreet walk off drama-plant that tried smoking his pipe like it was crack? Even though he'd smoked a pipe before.... sure took this genius awhile to figure it out. That's also despite apparently a high level of interest in trying it..evidently with all his research he'd only encountered crack heads.

Brilliant really.... clean cut old pedo grampy trying to light a pipe like it's fucking crack. Reaction of people who've tried it:

-Hur hur he so dum

and of all those who haven't

-Nothing. They'll sit there unthinking while being brainwashed with powerful image associations permanently linking crack/meth with pot with flashing subtext that says DON'T DO IT.

They'll use that base of brainwashed as a soundboard for public resonance for the next time harpco needs to poison a "public" "consultation".

Anyway the reason I was talking about burnt shed got fucked over guy was to show that we'd be more than foolish to put all our hope into that rotten egg basket.

We've already seen some seriously fucking draconian supreme court decisions come out of harpco land with the purest of broken logic, just in time to pave the way for information ass rape by way of smart meter.

If you think you're going to convince the politicians with sound logic and arguments fucking forget it. They won't change until it hurts them more not to.... and then consider that the fucking elections are a god damn farce as well, not much is going to hurt at all.

I just watched "grass" and it was fucking depressing. Why? Because it seems we've gotten this far before and been slammed the fuck back.... with eeeeeeeeease. Yeah, ok, sure, things are a little different now, but you know what the lowest common denominator is?? That base of unthinking, resonant, brainwashed idiots.

So how to convince them yeah? Hmmmm. Well they have to feel the burn firsthand. They have to learn all the negatives of prohibition that affect them directly and indirectly. Only then, when they realize they're being hurt far and beyond what weed could ever do, might they be open to listen.

But as far as harpco goes, you can forget about convincing them, ever, at all. Probably the next NDP government too. (We'll get one bought for us if they think harpco spoiled his image enough to be effective).

You'd have to convince amurkin politits for that, because they make those rules for our bitch politicians to follow..and same problems there, obviously.

That they so completely eroded any respect for government, law, etc, with bullshit of every sort, where the only real wars they seem to wage are on their own people, seemingly accounts for such a tremendous increase in oppression that we even appreciate in canada.

Can't even convince any of these assholes we could use clean water and breathable air.

Hey, how about a viral campaign where we report the first ever recorded death caused by cannabis?? We'll say it was laced with asbestos, children at risk by laced pot... new fad, they lace the pot to slow down the burn and make it last longer.

I'll share a couple more thoughts with ya later about why repealing prohibition has been fucking impossible and easily can continue to be.

Mostly it has to do with the abject failure to recognize the complex nature of the beast.

Crack, A Conservative Choice

Thumbs Up/Down

Imo, there is one very obvious reason that cannabis prohibition continues.
    MONEY MONEY MONEY. Call me crazy but I think big pharma and the rest make much more money with it being illegal than if it gets legalized. trying to be on the conservative side (pun intended) legalization will bring about 18 billion in taxes and fees etc. (that is less than the budget of the dea) I think this is probably less than is made in sleeping pills alone. (cannabis is great for that) SO while logic would make many believe legalization would be profitable for companies. They don't see it that way. I haven't even mentioned the prison industrial complex and the amount of money made by companies. Unfortunately apathy has led to greed and immoral dexisions by companies and their bought off politicians. How else can we explain the perfect substance neede for today's world; a plant that can be medicine, food, clothing and even building material is somehow illegal?????????
    I would also like someone to shove Their beloved founding father's law down the throat of all these phony phakers who scream about the glory of the foundind fathers. Good old George Washington made it a law that you grow hemp! Just tired of all this crazyness, how can a plant be illegal? how can prohibition still be here after the experience of alcohol prohibition?
    Legalixe it already

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

Of course it is down to money. If the concept of it evaporated tomorrow do you still think we'd be hearing about protecting the children? Fuck no, not without a monetized incentive.

And what of the children. The US just allowed them to start being drugged by big farm at the tender age of 4, for ADD/ADHD. That's fucking hilarious on every level.

But you have to think how the pills are actually used to fully appreciate the depth of it. You don't just get a sleeping pill. You get a sleeping pill/anti pyschotic/hypnotic/SSRI ++++ once they've got you they fucking stuff you and these practices have been used to bankrupt medicare of many states allowing further privatization and gouging.

If you check out a documentary called "the marketing of madness", which tells nothing but truth, then you discover the depth of the farcical pharmaceutical industry.

Particularly with anti depressants and so on, what weed is also exceptional for. Compare the use of weed for that purpose to any pharm chem and you'll find it's laughable.

Now, you may also be aware of how a few talking points have tried to surface repeatedly, repeated by certain doctors who've tried to control the distribution and supply chain of med pot (saul), and also with assholes like that washed up with his own tears talk show host who's opening a chain of dispensaries now.

That is, pot can be effective to treat pain, but when it comes to mental issues? Woah... that's the realm of the pharmaceutical industry, they're the head doctors and pot should NOT be used for that... causes schizophrenia etc.

So pot can be medically effective only so long as big pharm territory remains protected. But then you need to look at the effectiveness of big pharm in this area, the fucking trail of destruction they cause, like their fun associations with school shootings and murder/suicides, and the actual effectiveness of their bullshit. Look also at how it's prescribed and monitored, entirely unscientific. Turns out they don't give a fuck what you're on as long as you're on it and a lot of it.

It's mostly all driven by marketing. Like when they said oxycontin wasn't addictive? They blamed that on a marketing error. One that just had to run its course to class action, so it's only an error once you're caught, much the same for all their black label drugs, now in chewable form for 4 year olds.

So really, just think about the entirety of their product line that marijuana is a hands down better alternative for. And how fucking retarded was it that the most dangerous options needed to be tried first instead of the most effective and most benign. Scientifically sound? Perhaps, if you're interested in destructive testing. But in terms of "do no harm" it's entirely fucking backwards.

And then you know you can look at the prison industry with their ties to big farm. We've had had teen girls in custody get tazed by officers that weren't certified to taze them for no other reason then they were locked up, and prescribed "meds".

They were giving her a chemical lobotomy to make her easy to handle and she fought back, they tased her.

How many "depressed" prisoners require "meds". Because people are supposed to be happy in prison?

It's an interesting microcosm of the outside world where they work to keep out all the hard drugs like cocaine and crack that used to be pervasive in prison and probably still is. If they can control the distribution of that shit, they create a market for themselves with all competition legislatively eliminated. These are the assholes that cry for a free market.

I saw a video a recently about some mega corp "that you never heard of". It showed the extent of their reach. They were involved with for profit prisons and the entirety of their corporation controlled every aspect of it from uniforms and.... fucking everything.

What's funny is they can't even control that shit in prison as we all know, wtf makes them think they can outside?

This presents a better question, what the fuck makes us think it's ever their intention to control it?

What happens if they fail? Send to you prison..... they win your water no matter what, and ultimately that's all they want.

This kind of leads into the post that I was intending to make, which can only be very long.

But to keep it short this is the extent of the beast. We need continually increased public awareness. The problem is try convincing people that don't want to be convinced because they think if they have to change their mind about something it means they must have been wrong. People they trust, that sat behind a desk on TV making them super important, wore a suit and tie, told them if you smoke weed you'll have babies with webbed fingers an males with breasts and this is the truth.

So are the politicians going to feel the heat of change alone, while the media that's paid to be ignorant and passive gets a free ride, while corporations like pharmaceutical companies that are probably also for profit prison companies that probably also run prison catering companies and manufacture/wash their clothes etc.

Eeeevery potential "stake holder" needs to feel the burn. I think big pharm is number 1 and they are indeed intertwined with government. It's a giant shitweb and the interesting thing about a web is if you only tug on one strand it's immediately reinforced by all others. If you only take down the web the spider constructs another and if you only kill the spider the web remains.

So until we start educating people about the pharmaceutical pink elephant in room that nobody fucking talks about because its' taboo and ADD is real and their kids DO need meds because you're not all fucking shit parents, we're going nowhere fast.
    Last edited by chillzpls; 01-09-2012 at 03:19 AM.

Thumbs Up/Down

Default walking down the middle of the road

Prohibition is supported by ALL the political parties. If there are any parties that claim to be for legalization, they are a lying and if ever in power would NOT change a thing. People have to realize that we do not live in the free democratic society that most believe it is. Our system is controlled by banks and corporations ... so, yes, it is all about money > money = control.

Conservative, Liberal, NDP, Green ... left wing and right wing; these are fabricated terms to keep the citizenry at odds with each other. I see no difference in someone who is extreme right or extreme left < they both think they know best and want to make me be like them. The religious right AND the Politically Correct Left want to censor and regulate our lives.

Remember: The MMAR program was implemented by The Liberals and they had the opportunity to end prohibition. Jack Layton was all buddy with Marc Emery but then kicked pot smokers out of the NDP when he started getting popular. Elizabeth May is a Trudeau family friend < my point being more that they are all in bed together.

I do not trust anyone who identifies themselves as belonging to a Political Party or Government establishment.

If they will lie to you about your health ... what will they NOT lie to you about?

Thumbs Up/Down

Whom ever creates the game controls the rules that is something we all find out early in life. Get out a deck of cards look at your hand then make the rules for the rest to follow. This game usually ends quick with temper and fights soon breaking out and everyone goes home never to try that again. Quick lesson as a kid.

Then we get lost or caught up in the bigger game with all the distractions and sadly until you slip, fall or get pushed down this rabbit hole you never really see it coming. You either have to be distracted / brainwashed / drugged or real dumb not to see some of the crazy shit out there that seems to roll on by day after day.

Nothing surprises me anymore. When it happens as shit often does I can't help but to say it again.

New shows on TV start up soon for another fun filled coma induced season. Got to sell those pharmaceuticals to the world you know. Do they have pharmaceutical "Oscars"? This years nominees are Viagra, Ritalin, with Cialis as best supporting drug in a non needed drug role.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 211/0
    Given: 1/0

I have always believed that the sacred plants are the gatekeepers to understanding. While I believe that big money is involved with pharma (I used to do imports for the largest pharmaceutical international company worldwide), I have always maintained that our rational/scientific structure of westernized christian throught is the core of the issue regarding cannabis prohibition.

That being said, Marc Emery has his own opinions, although I do believe that they may be applicable to specifically north american culture.

I could write pages and cite forever so I'm trying to keep it short, thus I apologize if it doesn't make sense or if someone thinks I butchered the concept by reducing it in simplicity.

Cheers MNT

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

Maybe it makes sense to you, but put it this way:

"our rational/scientific structure of westernized christian throught "

There are two terms to this equation.

1-christian + thought = oxymoron = null result

2-rational or scientific

So, rewritten:

rational thought divided by zero = ERROR

Religion is another form of thought prohibition or control, as is weed prohibition. One isn't necessarily responsible for the other. That also doesn't mean they don't coexist in perfect harmony, even supporting one another. We suffer many layers of overlapping and intertwined suppression.

While I would think the bible belters are the perfect subjects for brainwashing with anything you like... cheeseburger consumption.. bullshit consumption... whever, they may help facilitate and resonate with the lies, but aren't responsible. Perhaps for keeping them alive, absolutely, but not their creation.

So, do you want to cure a symptom, or a disease. You make the same mistake I mentioned earlier also. It's no single factor. We have to dismantle the web by doing a fuck of a lot more than tugging at single strands, and, we have to kill the spider.

More at 11

OH, additionally, you have prohibition being exported to places like India where it's actually intrinsic to their religion and is deeply rooted in their culture. Pretty sure they're saving the children or something, where children = trade relations. Sound familiar?

If they can sell you on prohibition with fear of madness... great. If it's with religion..... great. If if it's with "but it's illegal".... great. If it's to save the children and communities... great. Long as you eat the shit they put on your plate, you can have your choice of garnish.

Now if we didn't want people to be so fucking gullible we'd need to get them better information, through entertainment, education, a non corrupt media, and how about teaching them to be responsible for their fucking decisions. Maybe those bible belters should start seeing all of the slaughtered in mexico, and taught how their ignorance helped cause it, but then all they would see is brown.

Looking like a pretty fucking big web. The real hope is that it's so full of shit at this point that it's about to collapse under it's own weight, and that's why OWS were such myopic assholes to have turned down the legalization agenda, where they'd have found a willing army of support. Divide and conquer.
    Last edited by chillzpls; 01-09-2012 at 12:50 PM.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 211/0

First of all, that is not meant to imply that the terms are divisable, rather that they are synonymous/interchangable (not divisable).

The prohibition is in place to try and control how people think. I'm sorry I cannot explain it any simpler (or perhaps I misunderstand your reply).

I'm just going to end it with that, and wish you the best.

Cheer MNT

Thumbs Up/Down

Default MMARetards

finally have all my "paperwork" from MMAR correct. On the letter that comes with it, it states that I should return my old documents ... hhahaha ... I called them up and said "I will not be sending them, I am going to file them with my previous ones, thanks" ... then I said "hey, I will make you a deal ... you send me an ID card and I will send you the old paperwork, thanks" ... then hung up. i did not want to get in a conversation ... just want to tell them how annoying their policy is and be annoying at the same time < may be childish, but I feel good.

If they will lie to you about your health ... what will they NOT lie to you about?

Thumbs Up/Down

Well it's no surprise that like everyone else here I'm waiting too.

First time i sent my renewal in this year (I've had my exemption for 5 years) in July, via Express Post. Health Canada received it the next day as confirmed by tracking number.

Finally in December the idiot's sent me a form telling me to RE-APPLY because I changed my mailing address. A WHOLE NEW APPLICATION???!!!

I called every number on the health Canada list until I finally got an answer.
    (Denault, Ronald; Manager, Marihuana Medical Access Division; (613) 941-2504). It wasn't Ronald, but his assistant who told me to simply re-send my renewal with no changes and everything will be fine.

Sent the papers in again three weeks ago and I guess I will wait like everyone else and see if she's as full of crap as the rest of the crew.

I do however keep last year's license with a copy of my signed documents from my doc for this year. As far as I'm concerned, I couldn't give a shit whether health Canada is backed up or not, once my doc has signed, I AM LEGAL.

One big thing we all keep forgetting while we jump through these ridiculous hoops is that marijuana is legal in Canada and has been since 2001.

On the seventh day, God stepped back and said" There is my creation, perfect in every way... oh dammit I left pot all over the place. Now they'll think I want them to smoke it...Now I have to create Republicans. -Bill Hicks
    www.medicalmarijuanacanada.com

Thumbs Up/Down

lol I don't think anyone can blame you SG.
    They fuck with patients enough.
    Why not fuck with them whenever possible.

Also you are absolutely correct cannabishop, that agreeing to be in the mmar doesn't make anyone any more legal than they were, or anyone else is when ill.

Some of us nvr will wear the gov's chains of regulation, no matter what.

Live free, n green, or die tryin.

cheers,.............................gps

Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 6/0

Default Adding 2 cents

Hmm. I haven't been issued a card in 2 years.
    That said I have also recently moved again . I sent in my updated forms as requested (end of December) and of course kept digi and hard copies, just in case.
    We'll see how long it takes to get the new paperwork.
    As to cards, I have kept all but one that I was asked to send back when I did a previous change of addy. To say I was curious for them to request that I send back the card is putting it mildly. Suffice it to say I kept all plastic after that so I have that as well as the paperwork on hand.

Too bad, gone are the days you could actually call a rep up or get them to call you back directly when they actually said they would.

Rednamalas

here is some fuked up news. i go for my renewal in dec. health canada returned my forms yesterday. asking for all the forms be done again. im like wtf so i call it turns out that my regular dr wasnt in the office that day so i had his partner sign my renewal. health canada sees that as a change and wanted all my shit done from scratch.
    im like fuk that i said ill go back to my regular dr and the lady said it would be fine then.
    kinda fuked system eh lol

Quote Originally Posted by breeder11 View Post
    Hmm. I haven't been issued a card in 2 years.
    That said I have also recently moved again . I sent in my updated forms as requested (end of December) and of course kept digi and hard copies, just in case.
    We'll see how long it takes to get the new paperwork.
    As to cards, I have kept all but one that I was asked to send back when I did a previous change of addy. To say I was curious for them to request that I send back the card is putting it mildly. Suffice it to say I kept all plastic after that so I have that as well as the paperwork on hand.

Too bad, gone are the days you could actually call a rep up or get them to call you back directly when they actually said they would.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 266/0
    Given: 68/1

Like most 2013 renewals, ours run to April 1, 2014.

Personally, i've never been issued a card; my wife got one, the first year we were legal. Now, we just take pictures of the authorisations to possess, and, keep it on our cell phones.

Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down

My friend in Toronto got his back in 10 weeks exactly ending on Oct.15th
    Bobnoxious

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12