In a house in winter and anywhere in summer.
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default Severe Right Branchial Plexus Damage

I know I should not complain as people are in worse pain than me but the pain is getting worse (if i could cry i would) and the cure is dodgy at best.

I've just had the latest results back of my CRT and MRI and was annoyed as to the damage I have incured.
    I have a neurosurgical lesion and an ulnar neuropathy at the right elbow, electrical shooting pain, numbness and loss of control of my fingers to the extent I can't hold a pen properly.
    C1,8,T1 is some of the damage along with hyperaesthesia in the C7/C1 distribution.
    Ulner nerve, median nerve, radial nerve and axillary nerve are damaged which controls my arm movement really.

They also found a shadow in 2 of the scans (left upper chest) which means more scans and probing. What the hell do they mean by a shadow?
    Bad developing of the x-ray film on thier part????? I will now have to wait for all this part of what-ever tests they are going to do now.

Pins and needles and shooting pain are what I call it but the above is the medical jargon of the problem.

There is no cure as the neurosurgeons involved in this case are scared to operate in case they make it worse.

Pain management is my only hope as all other treatments tried have failed, including Pilates and ice-packs, infra-red lights and a few other possible ways of relieving the pain.

It makes me feel okay in the fact that the worlds leading nerosurgeons have seen my case and me in the best hospitals in the world for such problems in London of which they work.

In the UK as some of you may know thier is a thing called incapacity benefit which covers the basics of life, i'e a roof over your head and food for those who are unfit to work.
    I'm self sufficient in life so will not be using this but i've been medically signed unfit for any type of work indefinitely

Looks like i'll have to also give up my driving licence (motorbike) but my doctor said as long as i can still control it in an emergency he will let me carry on with it.

The side effects of some of the tablets i'm on are worse than the pain so some tablets i've ditched as I want to live well into old age with-out a heart-attack which some of the tablets i was given cause over a prelonged period.

As soon as i lie down, any pressure near my neck/shoulder causes immense pain, hence i end up awake for days on end unable to sleep.

I've lost upper body/arm muscle which is shrinking and does scare me a bit as i can touch all my bones in my right arm which is not right.
    Upper body strength is not good at present.

More of a statement than a complaint.

Thumbs Up/Down

Actual tablets linked to heart-attacks and other worse conditions of the body organs than the pain I suffer.
    Diclofenac Sodium - Dosage 3x 1 tablet a day (100mg each tablet)
    Zamadol (Tramadol) - Dosage 2x 1 tablet a day (100mg each tablet)
    Amitriptyline (Sleeping tablets) - Dosage 1 at night, increased to 2 (10mg each tablet)
    These three i've ditched and will never touch as long as I live.

I've switched these out and am trying 2 other tablets that are working to the extent I get some relief of the acuteness of the pain.

Tramacet (Contains paracetamol) so still danger, but not so mind bending as the Tramadol.
    Problem is the actual cost of these tablets is 4 times the normal ones given out for pain and a lot of doctors will avoid.
    Pregabalin - This seems to help and still able to function normally.

So my reason for smoking cannabis is not for pain relief but for mental relief from the pain.

Flowering Member

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 19/0

It seems like nerves problems are not very treatable I have some nerve problems and for sleeping now I make edibles and am getting more sleep than I ever got, I seem to average 8 hrs sleep every nite for a while now, Im using about a third of a cup of bud to a batch of about 7 or 8 muffins or brownies and it is adequate for me. I hope you can come up with a good dose for yourself and get a little comfort. Jerry

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by gelu65 View Post
    It seems like nerves problems are not very treatable I have some nerve problems and for sleeping now I make edibles and am getting more sleep than I ever got, I seem to average 8 hrs sleep every nite for a while now, Im using about a third of a cup of bud to a batch of about 7 or 8 muffins or brownies and it is adequate for me. I hope you can come up with a good dose for yourself and get a little comfort. Jerry
    I sleep when I can, not using a clock makes all the difference as it's not a real problem this way.
    Skunk-mad had some lovely oil that did the trick but long gone earlier this year.
    The cheese i love because it's unique and strong and I love watching it grow.
    never made or cooked with it but will one day soon.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/0

Aw man, so sorry to hear of your medical problems Swiss Miss, that does sound rather worrisome?

Hopefully you'll soon be able to make some nice cheese oil to help with sleep.

Chin up mate and if ya ever can't sleep and wanna chat
    just hit me up anytime.