Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Talking Canna Clam chowder =D

Well here is something that you may or may not want to try but let me tell you it's well worth a shot =D

This recipe makes a fair amount so be sure you will be able to eat it all or share with people you know and love.

Ingredients:
    6 cans of baby clams (you can use any clams you want, I usually use freshly schucked clams...Although not always)
    1/2 a pound of cannabutter (make your butter very strong. I'm talking at least 1 ounce of BUD for 1 pound of butter)
    1 liter of whipping cream
    5 celery stalks
    5 med-large carrots
    4 large sweet white onions
    1 ounce of thyme-bundled with string
    8 large white potatoes
    fish or veggie stock-to your own taste, use as much as you need to get the desired flavor. (all up to you which one you want to use)
    3/4 cup of flour
    1 pound of bacon (you can use less if you're worried about calories, although I recommend you use the full pound =D)

Cut your potatoes into 1/2 to 3/4 inch cubes and boil them until they are about halfway cooked (I do this because the chowder I make is very thick and having all that stuff in it makes it too hard to boil the potatoes without scolding the rue)...Boil the potatoes in their own pot. While waiting for them to boil chop up your carrots and celery (soup cut). Strain your potatoes after they are cooked half way (be sure to save the water that they were boiled in). Then add your other veggies into the same pot that the potatoes were in keeping the starchy water. Now fry up your bacon until its nice and crispy. Strain off the excess grease but do not place the bacon onto paper towels (FLAVOR). Set it aside. Chop up your onions fairly fine then fry them up until they are semi-translucent. Now its time to make your rue...This is easy to do, all you have to do is melt your butter in a large soup pot bring it up to frying temperature. Add in the 3/4 cup of flower and let simmer on low-med heat until it starts to go a bit golden. Be careful to NOT BURN it. Add in all of the water that was used to boil the potatoes in (be sure to measure it because you need a total of about 8-10 cups of water)...Stir well and add in your fried onions, thyme (take your thyme and tie it up with some string nice and tight) and raw celery/carrots. Stir in the cooked bacon and your clams (strain off most of the water that the clams are in). Bring to a boil and let simmer until the veggies are soft. Add in your potatoes and let boil until they are cooked all the way through. Now after all the veggies are nice and soft remove the bunch of thyme that you put in (the flavor and some of the little pieces of thyme will be ever so present). All thats left to do now is add your whipping cream and let come to a slow boil. Turn off the heat and BAM...Your chowder is ready.

Hope you enjoy it,

Troy.
    "An eye for an eye makes the whole world go blind" (ghandi)

Thumbs Up/Down

Default And oh...

I will be posting many other recipes in the near future, so please keep on checking =D

Thumbs Up/Down

Default chowder

Tek
    Is the cana butter but in towards the end so heat doesn't degrade it? or when
    Joe

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 65/0
    Given: 136/1

That must make a big azz pot of soup. Nice recipe thanks for that. It is good to eat real food made with our plant instead of just treats.
    Help me stop DSS delicate soul syndrome. We need volunteers to hug and hold all the delicate souls until we can heal them. Help us today! You can make a difference in someone's life. Tell them the truth.

Thumbs Up/Down

To be honest I just put it in at the beginning, reason being is it is used to make the rue. Trust me when I say if it loses any potency, you don't really notice

Thumbs Up/Down

Default Canna clams

Good stuff. Love white clam chowder but never attempted it.
    Thanks Troy.

Joel