Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 19/0
    Given: 2/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default Motorized Bicycles!!! Need your thoughts!!

So excited. I am pleased to announce I am selling a line of Bicycle Engine and Drive kits that get 140-220MPG, 25-35mph top speed, Street legal (unlike my competitor), low emissions, high efficiency and EASY to mount.

I really would love to get your opinions about this product as i respect the TY community and would love to know what you all think about my product.
    I know this sounds like a sales pitch but it's just so damn exciting. I've been motoring around Redwood National and State Park and cruising all along the coast just about every nice day. I've even been out in the terrible rain and wind we get up here just to prove my product line. It's proven! The worst problem I've had is a really dirty air filter!!

I've been seeing 160MPG with no chain on my bike and in terrible windy and hilly conditions. I've hit right over 30MPH and tend to average about 18-19 with all the stop signs and lights and like I said No chain on it so I can see what the engine will really do.

I don't have a website up yet and it will be few days at least before the credit card service is up and running but I do want to offer TY members a $50 off deal if they buy before July 1st 2011.

As soon as the website is up and running and my 800 number get's ordered I'll be advertising right here on TY but until then please feel free to contact me here or via email.

I've attached a few pics from trips around the area and below I've pasted all the marketing flyer stuff because it contains awesome info about the product.

----From my marketing flyer-----
    Bolt On Bicycle Engine Kits

140-220MPG! 22-30MPH
    No License, Insurance or Registration!
    100% STREET LEGAL IN CALIFORNIA

Mounts to Most Bikes Including Rear Suspension
    Mount and Drive MADE IN USA
    4-Stroke Engine=No Mixing Gas & Oil
    Very Low Emissions/High Efficiency
    Self Installation Takes as little as 30min.
    Professional Installation Available
    Does Not Interfere With Pedaling
    Many customers see a life of 50,000 miles on their unit!!

$489

Now Accepting Orders in Crescent City
    Locally Owned and Operated
    (707) 633-9250

Sorry the text is so small. We just wanted to fit in all the impressive details!

Optional Accessories: 96oz fuel tank, upgraded twist grip throttle, deluxe bike seat with back rest

Our Friction Drive and Mount:

*Our engine mount is ¬ľ inch thick Aluminum Extrusion and CNC machined in the USA for superior accuracy and durability.
    *We use 2 high speed double sealed ball bearings – 1 for each side of the drive roller adding additional support. This takes all the pressure off the engine crank.
    *Our drive rollers are CNC machined, zinc plated and heat treated for additional accuracy, durability and to protect from oxidation.
    *Drive rollers available in six different sizes offering our customers the ability to fit our kits to accommodate every engine and virtually every rider regardless of size or riding conditions. We will consult you to make a drive size recommendation based on your needs.
    *All our kits come complete with everything you will need to mount our kit your bike. Each kit contains all the parts, dual supports, hardware and complete mounting instructions. Just Add gas, engine oil and a bike!
    *Our kits are simple to install. Most customers using standard tools can install 1 of our kits in less than half an hour.
    *You can pedal and use the engine simultaneously – if need be.
    *All our friction drive kits are upgradeable to a larger engine displacement size and all have a centrifugal clutch. Easy pull start.
    *All friction drive kits require that you use a "smooth or street" style of tire so the drive roller makes good contact with the tire. A Knobby tread tire will not work very well with friction drive kits.

About The Engine We Use:
    Robin Subaru 4-Cycle OHV Design Compared to 2 cycle engines, the Micro 4-cycle OHV design emits 1 tenth the
    emissions and uses half as much fuel, greatly increasing efficiency.

Automatic Decompression System ensures starting ease with just 1 - 2 pulls starting each and every time.

Connecting rod with needle bearing inserts offers true bearing support to provide dependable performance in the toughest applications.

Hi-temp fluoride oil seal ensures max engine protection for extended performance life.

High-carbon steel crankshaft with ball bearings on both ends ensures ultimate reliability in heavy load applications.

Lightweight, Compact Design

The unique lubrication system, with a separate oil chamber, guarantees a smooth, stable-running engine throughout a wide range of operating positions.

Powder metal inserted cam gear ensures extra protection for added durability and extended
    performance life.

Quick Throttle Response and wide rpm range meet the requirements of demanding applications.

Robin Subaru EH035 is made in Japan and has a cast iron lined cylinder.

Other Bike Engine Solutions Also Available:
    Chain Drive, Direct Gear Drive, other mounting options and larger engines also available. We can put an engine on almost any bike!. Contact for information.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	250860_10150272296065421_503310420_9405312_1566844_n.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	111.3 KB 
ID:	44136   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	247535_10150272295305421_503310420_9405300_6333423_n.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	44137   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	248024_10150272296275421_503310420_9405317_6352184_n.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	134.1 KB 
ID:	44138   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	255117_10150272295560421_503310420_9405304_5502897_n.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	116.0 KB 
ID:	44139  
    Last edited by PharmaPharmer; 06-25-2011 at 07:29 PM.
    What's the difference between a pun and a fart? One is a shift of wit.

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

Hey, that looks like my weed wacker engine. I like your idea and could use 1 except where I live there is sand for soil and bicycles do not do very well in sand. I think you got something there and should pursue it. Good luck to you in your endevor and I hope you make a TON of money. peace, wildman
    reformed and enlightened

Flowering Member

Thumbs Up/Down

Good looking and a neat setup. You need an outlet at UCDavis. LOL Jerry

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by gelu65
    Good looking and a neat setup. You need an outlet at UCDavis. LOL Jerry
    Funny you mention that. I have a friend going there next semester who may be my rep there. I've already got a guy at Chico state.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0

I keep longing for something with electric or gas to help me get home if I bike and end up with extra pain or the paralyzing fatigue. I don't bike more for fear of being stranded. One way is sometimes all I get.

Unfortunately there is a big push here to make any sort of motorized bicycle illegal to ride on our beautiful bike trail system. Which I understand for the young people who just want to go fast, but I truly would need it to assist in biking at certain times.

disappointing. Hard to invest if I can't use it. (and said trail system is my best bet to get to and from work safely)

Good luck to you, they are really growing in popularity around here, but we were just voted the second best city in the US for bike culture

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 539/2
    Given: 347/1

Hmm, might be interested here soon, I can only make it about 4-5 blocks before my knee starts killing me, and I love night bike rides near the river.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 50/0
    Given: 5/0

Have owned a bicycle with a small 2 stroke motor on it. Top speed was about 25mph, and was fun as hell. Especially for a kid like when i had it. Def interested tho & good luck with your new found business.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 50/0
    Given: 5/0

Whats the added weight w/gas?

Thumbs Up/Down

Yeah it's a bummer you can;t motor on bike trails but the engine can be turned off and pedaling isn't any harder. In fact the support struts use a quick release type lever suo you can totally raise the drive off the rear wheel so it's no longer motorized and FULLY trail legal as long as the drive is disengaged and the engine off. not illegal to pedal a bike with an engine. Just illegal to motor it.

I motor up into Redwood National and State Park then when it's time to hit the trial I raise my drive lock it in place and pedal the trail segment of my ride. It's an extra 20 pounds with fuel but it's not that rough for whatever reason. Not for the hard core spinners but for commuters, rec riders and those that just want to get around on the cheap it's pretty ideal! Perfect for college students!!

Thumbs Up/Down

Thumbs up Looking Good !!!

Have seen the front mounted motors with front cross bar tank mounts, which seems to limit the bike style that can be converted.

Looks like your model solves that issue by being rear mounted , as well the hot motor / exhaust bits are not in the way of legs., and as you say bikes can still be used the old fashioned way for exercise and in case one miscalculates gas milage/ consumption.

Great looking product, great idea !!!

MaMa G

Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0

It does look like my weed wacker. Will it cut grass too? good luck bro and if u need east coast distributors let me know.

Thumbs Up/Down

i did a few prototype of those with a very similar approach..did end up with the best easy version ( or i do think so ) just about the exact same as ur setting but using a propane motor .. very easy to carry a few extra bottle of propane with you ...also i did notice a bit more quiet than the regular gas one ..i also had problem with air filter...
    i did solve this issue by simply adding a small sponge and scrubber combo ( for kitchen use )..only have to remove the small scrubber and shake it and voilas good to go again for a long while...
    i had to stop this because they are illegal here in Ontario ....
    too bad ...
    peace 7
    :) ..real friendship is like health ..
    you do not know its real value ...
    until...you loose it ...7:)

[url]http://www.phoenixtearsmovie.com/[/url]