Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 143
  1. #1
    Embryo

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    38
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Rep Power
    10

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default 357 magnum led / purple kush

    Licensed medical grower located in BC, Canada.

    Maiden voyage of my new 12 x 357 magnum led grow room.

    Custom hydro / aero setup, 3 x 4 pod independent setup. 2 plants per 15 gallon res. 3 pumps, 3 aerators. Completely self conatined construction.

    Running GH 3 part, Bud Candy & Penetrator for nutes + h2o2.

    Day 15 of veg, just flipped over to flower this am.

    Enjoy the show!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1882.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	484.1 KB 
ID:	43706   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1884.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	439.8 KB 
ID:	43707   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1887.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	322.5 KB 
ID:	43708   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1892.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	483.0 KB 
ID:	43709   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1893.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	400.8 KB 
ID:	43710  

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1881.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	461.9 KB 
ID:	43711   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1891.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	466.2 KB 
ID:	43712   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1878.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	346.6 KB 
ID:	43713   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1879.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	525.0 KB 
ID:	43714   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1886.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	434.0 KB 
ID:	43715  


  2. #2
    Zygote

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    norte america
    Posts
    5
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Rep Power
    10

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    If you don't mind me asking what prompted all LED? Have you used other light systems, I am very curious and intrigued thanks for your time?
    Last edited by 11force; 05-31-2011 at 01:28 PM.

  3. #3
    Embryo

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    38
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Rep Power
    10

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 11force
    If you don't mind me asking what prompted all LED? Have you used other light systems, I am very curious and intrigued thanks for your time?
    I did a couple of other grows using LED and was very impressed with the quality of the finished product. In my opinion the medical value of the LED produced bud is far superior to the same strain produced under HID.

    I decided to take the plunge and go full scale running the 357 magnums because of their proven ability to produce. I was following another growers journals that pulled down 1.3 grams per watt so I figured I couldn't lose

    I will be adding in my old ISIS-1 170's as well in the next day or so (8 more lights). The total power for this grow will be 5644w advertised power or 3120w actual draw.

    I am hoping to hit the 1.3 grams per watt mark based on actual draw, if that happens it will translate into right around 9lbs of finished product. Roughly 3 times what I was producing off of the same power consumption running HID.

  4. #4
    Zygote

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    norte america
    Posts
    5
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Rep Power
    10

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Wow. Please more detail, as I am going to look at two, maybe three different suppliers in my own test grow. I want and will be looking at sides in varying species. I have alot of science that I need to see first hand, then maybe I can decide on a product which I like and would support and introduce to. Could you PM me I have some other questions, thanks.

  5. #5
    Vegetative Member schmade420's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Fountain, Co
    Posts
    620
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 50/0
    Given: 5/0
    Rep Power
    11

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Very kool. If you dont mind me askin how much was your intial set-up cost with those lights?

  6. #6
    Embryo

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    38
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Rep Power
    10

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by schmade420
    Very kool. If you dont mind me askin how much was your intial set-up cost with those lights?
    The entire setup as you see it in the pics is running around $10K right now.

  7. #7
    Embryo

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    38
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Rep Power
    10

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    1 day into flower and things are looking pretty good
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1908.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	490.6 KB 
ID:	43716   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1909.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	472.6 KB 
ID:	43717   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1915.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	510.7 KB 
ID:	43718   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1916.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	480.8 KB 
ID:	43719   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1917.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	438.0 KB 
ID:	43720  

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1918.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	464.4 KB 
ID:	43721   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1919.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	417.6 KB 
ID:	43722   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1921.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	398.3 KB 
ID:	43723   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1924.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	428.0 KB 
ID:	43724   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1927.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	501.0 KB 
ID:	43725  


  8. #8
    Flowering Member Guy_In_Pain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,155
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 65/0
    Given: 136/1
    Rep Power
    12

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ledgrowshow
    The entire setup as you see it in the pics is running around $10K right now.
    12 of those lights 10K? Is that wholesale or are you the retailer or both? Looks pretty with all those colours in there, best to you on the grow.
    Help me stop DSS delicate soul syndrome. We need volunteers to hug and hold all the delicate souls until we can heal them. Help us today! You can make a difference in someone's life. Tell them the truth.

  9. #9
    inkog77
    Guest

    Default

    i look forward to seeing resilts...

    peace

  10. #10
    Embryo

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    38
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Rep Power
    10

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy_In_Pain
    12 of those lights 10K? Is that wholesale or are you the retailer or both? Looks pretty with all those colours in there, best to you on the grow.
    The lights cost me $699 each, the $10K is including everything, hydro system, etc.

  11. #11
    Embryo

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    38
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Rep Power
    10

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Day 2 of flower is in the history books... Everything is going well. I am going to be installing an intake and exhaust fan this weekend. Both will be on a cycle timer as I plan on running co2 and I already learned from a previous grow that running a completely sealed enviornment without any exchange isn't the way to go, you need to recycle the air at least twice an hour or you end up with crispy leaves almost like a ph problem or a cal mag issue...

    Anyways, here are the pics from flower day 2...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1928.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	488.0 KB 
ID:	43743   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1939.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	470.3 KB 
ID:	43744   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1938.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	449.7 KB 
ID:	43745   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1929.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	431.8 KB 
ID:	43746   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1931.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	471.9 KB 
ID:	43747  

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1934.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	452.5 KB 
ID:	43748   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1935.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	445.6 KB 
ID:	43749   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1932.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	489.8 KB 
ID:	43750   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1936.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	489.9 KB 
ID:	43751   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1937.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	455.9 KB 
ID:	43752  


  12. #12
    inkog77
    Guest

    Default

    dude keep in touch so intersted in this grow,,,, although i am a soil person...

    i am interested in the outcome of this as i well know using a lot of lite has its problems.

    peace and good luck.....,,,,,, wish a great result.....

    whats the temp in the room.

    what fan you using for in and out....

  13. #13
    Embryo

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    38
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Rep Power
    10

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inkog77
    dude keep in touch so intersted in this grow,,,, although i am a soil person...

    i am interested in the outcome of this as i well know using a lot of lite has its problems.

    peace and good luck.....,,,,,, wish a great result.....

    whats the temp in the room.

    what fan you using for in and out....

    Room temp is 82... I will be adding in an intake and outake system this weekend that will run on a cycle timer in conjunction with co2.

  14. #14
    Flowering Member Swiss miss's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In a house in winter and anywhere in summer.
    Posts
    1,056
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 0/0
    Rep Power
    12

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Your 357 magnums use 119 x3 watt bridgelux diodes (Cheaper versions than even the Cree diodes but better, yet the light makers still rip you off with the price of the unit), which only produces 179watts. This is due to diode efficiencies on an attenuating circuit of which these are built as are all LED units.
    12 units are only giving you 180w x12 = 2160w absolute total wattage output.
    They do work but not a hope in hells chance on par with HPS and it's been proven too many times to come in here and claim what you claim.
    Don't believe everything you read and do some maths on your own

    If your LED's were a true 357 watt then you'd be fine but they are no-whwere near that.
    I wait to see the true amount you pull off this grow for the cost you've laid out.
    I say you are not what you seem and are promoting or trying to sell something.
    I see your set-up and very nice but something is very fishy and too clinically clean for someone to waltz into an internet forum in there first post and hit the forum with something like this and you give yourself 5 stars on the firt post you make to get people looking at what your doing for some reason.
    9Lb's, for that outlay, I can take out 5 lb's in a 6' x 4' by 6' high with 2x 1000w HPS or 4x 600w HPS.
    I'll stop here as no point in going further with this
    Last edited by Swiss miss; 06-08-2011 at 03:09 AM.

  15. #15
    Vegetative Member TheMerryPrankster's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    537
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 10/0
    Given: 0/0
    Rep Power
    16

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Gotta' agree with you Swiss. This is a sales pitch. I actually laughed out loud when he stated hopw much his setup cost and how much they are asking for just ONE stinkin' light. The guy who owns the hydro store I go to has stopped selling them completely. He said it was a waste of his $$$ to stock them because no one will spend that kinda' $$$ on just one light, or a couple of lights, and they have been proven to be useless in flowering. The few people with enough cash to buy a few said the results were NOT worth thier cash and returned the lights. Maybe our salesman here will have a little luck considering he has 12 of them, but I'm not ready to trade in my HID lighting for this "new" wave of lighting.

  16. #16
    Embryo

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    38
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Rep Power
    10

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Day 5 of flower...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1955.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	473.6 KB 
ID:	43812   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1956.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	522.9 KB 
ID:	43813   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1957.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	486.4 KB 
ID:	43814   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1958.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	477.2 KB 
ID:	43815   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1959.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	513.1 KB 
ID:	43816  

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1960.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	501.8 KB 
ID:	43817   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1961.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	451.5 KB 
ID:	43818   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1962.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	459.7 KB 
ID:	43819   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1963.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	478.2 KB 
ID:	43820   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1964.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	490.7 KB 
ID:	43821  


  17. #17
    sookieme
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMerryPrankster
    Gotta' agree with you Swiss. This is a sales pitch. I actually laughed out loud when he stated hopw much his setup cost and how much they are asking for just ONE stinkin' light. The guy who owns the hydro store I go to has stopped selling them completely. He said it was a waste of his $$$ to stock them because no one will spend that kinda' $$$ on just one light, or a couple of lights, and they have been proven to be useless in flowering. The few people with enough cash to buy a few said the results were NOT worth thier cash and returned the lights. Maybe our salesman here will have a little luck considering he has 12 of them, but I'm not ready to trade in my HID lighting for this "new" wave of lighting.
    a couple years ago my local shop was given one to try before actually selling any for the supplier/manufactuer , they told me straight out it was the biggest P.O.S light they ever seen and was stupidly expensive , they also said i was welcome to take it home and give it a try for one crop before they sent it back , but that they didnt advise useing it unless i wanted to waste numerous plants trying to flower them under such a useless light

    they sent it back and refused to sell any

  18. #18
    sookieme
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swiss miss
    Your 357 magnums use 119 x3 watt bridgelux diodes (Cheaper versions than even the Cree diodes but better, yet the light makers still rip you off with the price of the unit), which only produces 179watts. This is due to diode efficiencies on an attenuating circuit of which these are built as are all LED units.
    12 units are only giving you 180w x12 = 2160w absolute total wattage output.
    They do work but not a hope in hells chance on par with HPS and it's been proven too many times to come in here and claim what you claim.
    Don't believe everything you read and do some maths on your own

    If your LED's were a true 357 watt then you'd be fine but they are no-whwere near that.
    I wait to see the true amount you pull off this grow for the cost you've laid out.
    I say you are not what you seem and are promoting or trying to sell something.
    I see your set-up and very nice but something is very fishy and too clinically clean for someone to waltz into an internet forum in there first post and hit the forum with something like this and you give yourself 5 stars on the firt post you make to get people looking at what your doing for some reason.
    9Lb's, for that outlay, I can take out 5 lb's in a 6' x 4' by 6' high with 2x 1000w HPS or 4x 600w HPS.
    I'll stop here as no point in going further with this
    i wouldnt count on an end result being honest , they prolly put the hps units back in place after taking the pics

  19. #19
    Embryo

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    38
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Rep Power
    10

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sookieme
    a couple years ago my local shop was given one to try before actually selling any for the supplier/manufactuer , they told me straight out it was the biggest P.O.S light they ever seen and was stupidly expensive , they also said i was welcome to take it home and give it a try for one crop before they sent it back , but that they didnt advise useing it unless i wanted to waste numerous plants trying to flower them under such a useless light

    they sent it back and refused to sell any

    A couple of years ago this technology didn't even exist... but then again your probably posting this from your 386.

    Why not just sit back and watch this grow rather than knocking it before it even gets under way.

    I've been growing for over 20 years and I can tell you right now that these magnums are very comparable to HID thus far!!!

  20. #20
    sookieme
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ledgrowshow
    I've been growing for over 20 years
    yeah well my big brother could beat up your big brother

    oh and ive been growing for 30 years so

  21. #21
    Embryo

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    38
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Rep Power
    10

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    day 7 of flower, res changed over to water for 24 hours then back to full on nutes. trimmed the bottoms up and raised the lights...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1965.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	551.3 KB 
ID:	43847Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1966.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	482.0 KB 
ID:	43848Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1967.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	483.9 KB 
ID:	43849Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1968.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	561.9 KB 
ID:	43850Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1969.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	504.1 KB 
ID:	43851Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1970.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	439.0 KB 
ID:	43852Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1971.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	460.5 KB 
ID:	43853Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1972.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	534.9 KB 
ID:	43854Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1973.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	473.0 KB 
ID:	43855Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1974.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	373.3 KB 
ID:	43856Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1976.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	339.0 KB 
ID:	43857Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1977.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	488.0 KB 
ID:	43858

  22. #22
    Shadinated skunk-mad's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    my own little world..visitors welcome
    Posts
    4,161
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 37/0
    Given: 6/1
    Rep Power
    21

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Very nice set-up, i see you have 2 plants per light what are you expecting to yeild per light/system with 2 plants?.

    Very cool looking lets see how they do in the bloom phase

    skunk-mad.
    This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
    Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!



    Remember the name Fort Minor


    http://www.classic-cannabis-seed-company.co.uk

    COMING SOON!!!

    http://www.classic-cannabis-company.co.uk/

  23. #23
    Embryo

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    38
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Rep Power
    10

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skunk-mad
    Very nice set-up, i see you have 2 plants per light what are you expecting to yeild per light/system with 2 plants?.

    Very cool looking lets see how they do in the bloom phase

    skunk-mad.

    I really don't know what to expect at this point, but I watched another grower pull down 1.3 grams per watt based on actual draw in soil so I am guessing I'll pull around that in hydro.

  24. #24
    Embryo

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    38
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Rep Power
    10

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    day 8 of flower, just finished rinsing for 24 hours... nutes are back in the res at 1250ppm.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1979.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	525.3 KB 
ID:	43861Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1980.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	524.2 KB 
ID:	43862

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1981.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	473.1 KB 
ID:	43863Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1984.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	526.4 KB 
ID:	43864

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1985.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	351.1 KB 
ID:	43865Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1986.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	534.4 KB 
ID:	43866

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1987.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	472.4 KB 
ID:	43867Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1989.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	342.4 KB 
ID:	43868

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1990.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	567.8 KB 
ID:	43869Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1991.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	527.1 KB 
ID:	43870

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1992.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	548.3 KB 
ID:	43871Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1993.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	543.8 KB 
ID:	43872

  25. #25
    Shadinated skunk-mad's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    my own little world..visitors welcome
    Posts
    4,161
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 37/0
    Given: 6/1
    Rep Power
    21

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ledgrowshow
    I really don't know what to expect at this point, but I watched another grower pull down 1.3 grams per watt based on actual draw in soil so I am guessing I'll pull around that in hydro.

    That,s pretty well really good how many watt,s per unit?.

    Thanx

    skunk-mad.
    This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
    Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!



    Remember the name Fort Minor


    http://www.classic-cannabis-seed-company.co.uk

    COMING SOON!!!

    http://www.classic-cannabis-company.co.uk/

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. master kush or hindu kush?
    By 2012 in forum Hybridization
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-10-2013, 12:22 PM
  2. Bubba Kush and Og Kush
    By Alfred in forum Strain Breeders
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-08-2012, 01:50 PM
  3. Some Purple Porn - Purple Rhino
    By RatherBBurnin in forum Plants & Budshots
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-22-2009, 05:09 PM
  4. Purple Kush
    By West.Coast.Croppers in forum Plants & Budshots
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-04-2008, 01:41 PM
  5. Purple Kush
    By cheryl9608 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-17-2008, 12:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •