Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default RezDoc57 Introduction

Good Day All,
    I am currently taking care of my elderly Father in the Midwest. I was, until 8/10, a grad student in clinical psychology at an APA-accredited doctoral program in the SF Bay Area. Was in pre-doc internship on an American Indian Rez, which did not work out. So, I left grad school with a MA in Clinical Psych, and a B.Sc. in Alcohol and Drug Abuse Studies for my undergrad (USD).

I have had many patients/clients (IHS, NAHC, and prior to their admittance to Friendship House SF) report to me that they were smoking Cannabis and it relieved some of their PTSD (both Combat-related, and/or with hxs of other Traumas), BPD, Complex Trauma, anxiety, pain and getting off Rx that were not efficacious, or getting off some of the more dangerous and dependency- prone Rxs.

I have smoked Cannabis off and on for the last 40 years, I am in my mid-50s. (Hooray for Happy Hours in Amsterdam if any of you remember that place in the '70's), mostly for pleasure, but also to supplement my other meds for ADHD and then ADD Symptoms later. So, I have been curious about Medical Cannabis for quite awhile, but did not do any serious lit review. Never too old to learn, eh?

I moved to Ohio for my Dad and started to become involved with the Ohio NORML and MVNORML. Dropped out abit, just read, read, read all the clinical studies about MedCann. I then went to the 6th Annual Conference on Cannabis Therapeutics in Providence, RI last year and had my eyes opened even more. Then I developed Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy. Hmmmm, now this is affecting me directly, read TP Malan's Article and the studies at CMCR. I guess I am now a MedCann patient in a backward, primitive state like Ohio. Should have never left California. So, I guess I have to call Rob and Tonya (MVNORML), apologize for my inactivity , get my ass in gear and become an activist.
    Sorry for the long intro.
    Take Care,
    RezDoc57

Vegetative Member TheMerryPrankster's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 10/0

Welcome!! Your knowledge will be VERY useful here at TY.

b0b_b1tch1n

welcome , glad to see you here

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 539/2
    Given: 347/1

Welcome Neighbor to the south! MI native here. Hope that they make a successful push for medical in Ohio

Thumbs Up/Down

Howdy and Welcome :-)
    Warrior for the Cause since 1977
    "Some of my finest days have been spent on my veranda smoking hemp."
    Thomas Jefferson

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/0

Thumbs up Welcome

Hello and welcome to TY. I wish you and your father the best of luck and health.
    I hope you enjoy your stay.
    Thank God we don't get all the Government we pay for!

Founder & Publisher of TY Marco Renda's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 25/0
    Given: 2/0

Hi there and WELCOME to our growing medicinal cannabis community

Take Care and Peace
    Marco

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

Hello and Welcome to TY
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0

welcome to treatyourself. if it's not as informative as u like by all means post away and chat with the crew
    i still say no on the feminized beans.

Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down

Default rez? cool

I have followed you for a while bro glad to see you here. Hopefully they will be carrying your seeds when i can order....

Canadian Federal Exemptee Mamahawk6's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0

Salutations Rez ...
    One Sky

Australian Medical Marijuana Educator Smokin Moose's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 41/0
    Given: 24/0

Hello and welcome to you from Australia! I hope you enjoy your time with us here at TY.
    [B][COLOR="Navy"][URL="http://shop.vetguru.com/shop/sweet-serenity/"][COLOR="Navy"][SIZE=3]Enlightened Veterinarian's Guide to Treating Pets with Medical Marijuana. Dr Doug Kramer's definitive ebook "Sweet Serenity"[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE=5][COLOR=Blue]Truth flows on to credibility, and credibility will be the vehicle for change[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Thumbs Up/Down

Talking Welcome

welcome rezdoc57,may you find TY helpful
    may the GREAT SPIRIT smile upon you and your families on this day , and make us all renewed.

Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by RezDoc57
    Good Day All,
    I am currently taking care of my elderly Father in the Midwest. I was, until 8/10, a grad student in clinical psychology at an APA-accredited doctoral program in the SF Bay Area. Was in pre-doc internship on an American Indian Rez, which did not work out. So, I left grad school with a MA in Clinical Psych, and a B.Sc. in Alcohol and Drug Abuse Studies for my undergrad (USD).

I have had many patients/clients (IHS, NAHC, and prior to their admittance to Friendship House SF) report to me that they were smoking Cannabis and it relieved some of their PTSD (both Combat-related, and/or with hxs of other Traumas), BPD, Complex Trauma, anxiety, pain and getting off Rx that were not efficacious, or getting off some of the more dangerous and dependency- prone Rxs.

I have smoked Cannabis off and on for the last 40 years, I am in my mid-50s. (Hooray for Happy Hours in Amsterdam if any of you remember that place in the '70's), mostly for pleasure, but also to supplement my other meds for ADHD and then ADD Symptoms later. So, I have been curious about Medical Cannabis for quite awhile, but did not do any serious lit review. Never too old to learn, eh?

I moved to Ohio for my Dad and started to become involved with the Ohio NORML and MVNORML. Dropped out abit, just read, read, read all the clinical studies about MedCann. I then went to the 6th Annual Conference on Cannabis Therapeutics in Providence, RI last year and had my eyes opened even more. Then I developed Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy. Hmmmm, now this is affecting me directly, read TP Malan's Article and the studies at CMCR. I guess I am now a MedCann patient in a backward, primitive state like Ohio. Should have never left California. So, I guess I have to call Rob and Tonya (MVNORML), apologize for my inactivity , get my ass in gear and become an activist.
    Sorry for the long intro.
    Take Care,
    RezDoc57

I am a veteran sir and you have really hit the nail on the head saying cannabis helps most of ptsd. I have spent most of my cannabis strain hunting looking for ptsd and pain strains. I have yet to find the perfect ptsd strain or phenotype though I will never stop looking. This is what has motivated me to really get involved learn about true organics or bio dynamics and has helped me find some really special strains over the time i have been growing.

Theraputic Cannabis Dominatrix pflover's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0

Welcome to TY! Sounds like you and I have a decent amount in common...
    Regestered PDX area TC-caregiver for 2, housewife.

Mugen: [after finding a bag of coins in the river] We hit the pot, Jack!
    Fuu: That's jackpot!
    Mugen: All I know is we're filthy bitch!
    Fuu: Filthy rich!
    Jin: I hope your doing that on purpose.

PRESERVE NEURAL PLASTICITY!!!

Anit harm none...

Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down

Default Thank you for the warm WELCOME

Good Day All,

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

To Pflover, I have especially read your articles in TY, and they are well-researched and informative as hell. Thank you so much. Originally my Diss was on Somatic Psychotherapy on AI Reservations/Urban AI (Levine,Ogden, Van der Kolk,etc). When my internship fell apart, I decided to switch Diss topics to Veterans, PTSD, and Cannabis...Your citations were extremely helpful in supplying some of the background material. As you probably already know, there are some good studies being done that support MedCann usage.They are invaluable for those who need good scientific info when we get into debates/discussions with those who are using the same old tired arguments. Would love to discuss more with you.

To the subject of which Cannabis strain will help most of the sx of PTSD. I have not grown or tried any that are specifically for PTSD. I have seen discussions on TY that specifically target PTSD. The Indica strains seem to deal with the Crit B (intrusive thoughts/nightmares/re-experiencing), and according to one of my clients, has helped with affect dysregulation (rages, shutting down), and will enable the client to work on how they deal with avoidance, etc. Lots of work to be done on this, eh?

But, as with all other substances, each person has to find their Effective Dosage, and pay attention to the symptoms, and how it works for them. As more and more studies are completed and published, the increase in wider acceptance will snowball to tipping pt for legalization. Hell, in the U.S., we already have 16 states legalized and 10 more are working towards that. I have always thought Canada was the saner part of the continent. If we get MedCann, then complete legalization will follow. And you can't tell me that for Rec Usage, alcohol is better than Cannabis...sh%t, it is all about $$$, eh?

With my DPN, I personally feel/believe there are upper and lower efficacy dosages (ED). If you smoke too much, doesn't help, smoke too little same thing. Strains that I have looked up for the DPN are: ChemDawg, Trainwreck, Medicine Wo/Man, and Herijuana. Would love to know more. This is for chronic pain, neuropathies, etc.

Doksha Ake.

Take Care,
    RezDoc57

Thumbs Up/Down

Welcome...............
    Growing weed is like watching grass grow