Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default question on Edibles

It seems from my research that edibles are the healthiest way to use medical Cannabis. Correct?

I know smoking has some down sides, do vaporizers remove all of those and make vaporizing as healthy as edibles?

And lastly, I am under the impression that making Edibles requires a lot more Cannabis. Is this true?

I mean you can take 1-2 hits on a high quality strain and be set after a rather tiny amount. Can you do anything with such small amounts to allow them to be used in an edible for the same powerful effect?

Thank you for any help and please feel free to read my post on the Introduction forum to see where I am coming from with these questions.

carl

it takes a lot more cannabis to do oral, but you can use your quality bud trimmings just as well
    and yes, vaporizing is the healthy way to smoke
    Last edited by carl; 04-01-2011 at 11:49 PM.

Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0

Vaporizing is a good way to go and if u vape save your herb and then make budder from it. If you make a good concentration with budder and vape remains you can have a nice dose in a small cookie etc. Some people prefer not to smoke and find the medibles as good way to get relief.
    I like vapping and then making budder and feel getting 2 hits for price of one.

there are alot of recipes for budder on the site so good luck.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by allmanjoy
    V
    I like vapping and then making budder and feel getting 2 hits for price of one.

I was just wondering, does all of the THC vaporize away? If you make butter from vapo leftovers, what's in it?

Thumbs Up/Down

I think there is a trace amount of THC left, but mostly cannabinoids, which is probably why I have always read recommendations to use much more vaped weed than unvaped if you're using it in recipes.

Embryo

Thumbs Up/Down

vaping avoids the combustion process and therefore is healthier but some ppl dont get the full effect this way. eating it ensures you are getting all the good out of it. i cut it up finely and bake the weed in the oven at 200 F for 10 to twenty minutes and then put it in capsules to eat. ive tried other recipes but find the taste of cannibis unpleasant no matter how i try to mask it. much easier to get the proper dosage with capsules as well. 2 seem to be best for me but to each thereown.

Thumbs Up/Down

Default vaping not perfect

I'll add my experience:
    Vaporizing definitely causes lung irritation. I guess it's not as dangerous as the tars and toxic smoke that are inhaled with combustion, but my Volcano makes me cough and hack regularly, and I'm concerned about the long term effect.

I put a tiny amount in the basket (about 1 toke if put in a pipe), start vaping at 360, and repeat at 380, 400 and 420. The harshest vape is at 380.

I use reefer to control Glaucoma. I've tested the results at a hospital with my ophthalmologist, testing my eye pressure hourly, before and after vaping, over a six hour period. We observed a significant decrease in pressure (25-30%) but it took several hours and four vape loads. By this time my lungs were rebelling and wouldn't tolerate any more vapor inhaling.

I still much prefer vaping to smoking, but it's not perfect, and the amount of lung irritation I incur daily must be unhealthy.

Dave

ps: smoking gets you much more stoned

Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by dbmac
    I'll add my experience:
    Vaporizing definitely causes lung irritation. I guess it's not as dangerous as the tars and toxic smoke that are inhaled with combustion, but my Volcano makes me cough and hack regularly, and I'm concerned about the long term effect.

I put a tiny amount in the basket (about 1 toke if put in a pipe), start vaping at 360, and repeat at 380, 400 and 420. The harshest vape is at 380.
    I would lower your temp to see if u have same coughing problem. Chance the temp guage is off. use reefer to control Glaucoma. I've tested the results at a hospital with my ophthalmologist, testing my eye pressure hourly, before and after vaping, over a six hour period. We observed a significant decrease in pressure (25-30%) but it took several hours and four vape loads. By this time my lungs were rebelling and wouldn't tolerate any more vapor inhaling.

I wonder if you dr would test you after eating meds and for the effect and if any how long it lasted. If that worked u might not need to smoke as often
    I still much prefer vaping to smoking, but it's not perfect, and the amount of lung irritation I incur daily must be unhealthy.

There are vapes that have water vessels to filter through before inhaling which might help. Aromed is one.
    Good luck
    ps: smoking gets you much more stoned
    I would agree a j is nicer but long term the vape and using remains for
    baking is nice way to go. Healthier and sometimes better high when eating and vaping combined. Really hope you can get coughing under control as that can be uncomfortable

http://www.mikuriya.com/can_vapor.html#_ednref8
    might have information u can use
    Last edited by allmanjoy; 05-04-2011 at 01:16 PM.