Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 37/0
    Given: 6/1

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Cool A HUGE Thank you to Herbalaire,kdk,Marco & T.Y.

Yesterday i receved my herbalaire 2.1 courtesy of the good people at kdk distribution,herbalaire & ofcourse Marco & T.Y.This is the 1st propper vaporizer i have owned & definitely the best i have ever tried.

I dont know to much about vaping but from the little i know the herbalaire is one of the most versatile unit,s available.It has 3 different inhalation ways, you can inhale direct,by a whip or my favourite by the bag fill system.The herbalaire can also be used as a- aromatherapy device with potpurre.

There is no way in my life time that i could afford a vaporizer of this quality & versatility & thanx to you guys i can now stop using tobacco in my joint,s & just medicate with this excellent piece of kit.

The unit reaches the desired temperature within 3-5 minutes & fills a bag in around 1 minute.Here is a quick video of my first fire up & first bag fill.

Oh the temp guage goes from 125-200c(250-400f) what is the best temp to set my vape on when using bud? Is it around 265f?.

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...&v=Sm7jg7BbslQ

I must say it again thank you all, you have probably extended my life as i can now get rid of the dreaded tobacco.

A great vaporizer im really excited about it here is the video.

Skunk-mad.
    This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
    Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Remember the name Fort Minor

http://www.classic-cannabis-seed-company.co.uk

COMING SOON!!!

http://www.classic-cannabis-company.co.uk/

420grower

365 here Skunk,great item for sure,whole new experience,peace

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0
    Given: 65/0

super grats, i hope to get a vaporizer someday when money permits also, id like to cut out most/all smoking one day but i gotta know im getting all the cannabinoids, or i was thinking id save all the brown plant stuff left after the vape and use it with stems to make cannabutter later, either way good on ya man. so you dont like the whip option? as much as bags anyway ....i like that its silent compared to the bag noise is all but havent tried one yet.
    Thanks to google and youtube I managed to fabricate all the above words together to sound like Im growing, but Im not, never have, and even with a MMAR card I never will, so there! P.S. I loves my prozac and ridalin, om nom nom, moar plz....

Thumbs Up/Down

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 420grower
    365 here Skunk,great item for sure,whole new experience,peace

I think it is going to be the same here brother, the vapor is very easy on the lungs & gives a very powerful high compared to joint,s mixed with tobacco. Very good for night time,one crucible full about .3g-.5g which easily fill,s 5-7 bags is alot better for me & does the job very well.

Thanx for dropping in brother hopefully you,ll be vaping some industrial plant soon.

Skunk-mad.

COMING SOON!!!

Jonathon Goldsmith

Congrats, enjoy your vapourizer.
    For herb I vape the first 2-3 bags @ 350F, then turn it up to 365F.
    Happy vaping!

Thumbs Up/Down

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Dave
    super grats, i hope to get a vaporizer someday when money permits also, id like to cut out most/all smoking one day but i gotta know im getting all the cannabinoids, or i was thinking id save all the brown plant stuff left after the vape and use it with stems to make cannabutter later, either way good on ya man. so you dont like the whip option? as much as bags anyway ....i like that its silent compared to the bag noise is all but havent tried one yet.

Hi Dave, if you do get a vaporizer i would highly recommend the herbalaire.Im not just saying that because i have ine but from the reasearch i have done shows that the herbalaire is one of the most versatile vape,s on the market. Not only have you got the different vaping methods,direct,whip & bag but tests have shown that if you take the used matter from any other vaporizer & put it in the herbalaire it will extract 2 more bags of essential vapor.So if you want to get every bit of goodness out & want various methods to vape try the herbalaire.

I love the whip attachment & your right it is silent but as i had never seen a bag fill vaporizer before this is definitely what i have been looking for.Very cool piece of kit.

Thanx again all that made it possible.

Skunk-mad.

COMING SOON!!!

Jonathon Goldsmith

Check Dr. Hornby's Volcano settings experiment:
    "Well we ran some preliminary experiments on Friday with the Volcano. I will report these
    findings with a caution that they are merely pilot experiments, to find our way only.
    Figure i put my foot in it by promising results, not thinking about the consequences that
    the findings may bring. And now we're realizing that we may be opening up a whole new can of worms.

Firstly, we have known for some time that the Volcano does not deliver all of the THC, particularly at
    the lower settings, of around 5 and 6. We know this since we use high-pressure liquid chromatography
    (HPLC) to measure the amounts of the most abundant cannabinoids, that are present in the sample,
    before and after vaporization. By measuring the THC, for example, left behind in the sample carcass,
    we can determine the efficiency of the vaporizer setting, since we also know what we started
    out with.

Since this is a study of heating cannabis we must consider a couple of things.
    One is that THC, plus the other cannabinoids, are not active as they sit in nature.
    For them to interact with the THC receptor, firstly they must be de-carboxylated or activated.
    Meaning CO2, must be kicked off the parent molecules, that in the un de-carboxylated
    form are acids, chemically speaking. De-carboxylation, in this case, is accomplished by heating,
    which, in turn, excites the chemical bonds of the, for example, THC molecule causing it to release
    carbon dioxide at the weakest bond. This, subsequently, activates the molecule, allowing receptor interaction.

If more heat is applied to the molecule, eventually it will reach its boiling point and enter the vapor state.
    De-carboxylation occurs before evaporation and over a broader range of temperatures.
    And is critical for understanding cannabinoid pharmacology. Therefore in vaporization we have a two-fold
    process occurring that allows the medicine to be delivered. De-carboxylation, followed by evaporation.

When we run cannabinoids by HPLC we see the acids of CBD, CBN and THC, plus trace amounts
    of these already de-carboxylated cannabinoids (alcohols as they're called, chemically). We normally total the acids with the alcohols to come up with total THC, CBD or CBN for the sample.

In the experiments discussed here we vaporized a cannabis sample that had already been shown
    to contain an unusually high amount of THC, with relatively high CBD.
    We ran three separate experiments at Volcano settings 6, 7.5 and 9. At each test, the same
    weight of cannabis was placed in the volcano and two bags vapped for the same time period.
    Following vaporization, the carcass (sample left behind), for each temperature setting was analyzed
    for the three most abundant cannabinoids.

We will attempt to tabulate below our experimental results.

Volcano Setting THC remaining mg/g CBN remaining mg/g CBD remaining mg/g

6 260 0.05 0.6

7.5 245 0.05 0.6

9.0 75 0.05 0.15

With all HPLC analysis there is an error window associated with the quantification. This window is normally acceptable if it has a coefficient of variation of 15% or less. This is simply a statistical evaluation of the standard deviation or variation around the mean, divided by the mean and a percent value taken.
    So with THC there is often an error window of plus or minus 2% around the measurement and for CBD and CBN
    this is more like plus or minus 0.05%. To convert the above results to a percent value, simply divide by 10.

So, what do we learn from these results. Nothing about decarboxylation, since it's not presented here,
    although much is gained from observing the chromatography (not shown), where a one to one decrease
    of the cannabinoid acid and increase in the alcohol is seen. Nevertheless, in the table we are showing only
    the de-carboxylated actives that are left behind.

As stated earlier, the cannabis sample used in this experiment tested particularly high in THC,
    running at 260, + or - 40 mg/gram. As shown in the table, this did not change for setting 6 on the Volcano
    and changed only slightly for setting 7.5. We only see a significant decrease in THC at setting 9.
    These results also confirm earlier observations.

The boiling points of the three cannabinoids measured are as follows:

THC 200 C
    CBD 190 C
    CBN 185 C

We can see from our before and after sample, that CBN is virtually all gone at setting 6, leaving
    only residual amounts. The THC, however, all remains at this setting. As does the CBD.
    At setting 7.5 the THC is fully de-carboxylated, but still present to roughly 95% of its original value.
    Interestingly, at this setting the CBD is only half de-carboxylated.

At setting 9, all three are fully de-carboxylated and have moved to the vapor state.
    A small amount of CBD remains as does some THC.

We can conclude from these very preliminary experiments that with the Volcano at setting
    6 all the CBN is gone along with the more volatile terpenes and aromatics. Yet at this
    setting, although the THC and CBD are being activated they have still not received enough heat
    to enter the vapor state. In addition, at setting 7.5, similar conditions hold, with the THC still
    not evaporated. It's only at setting 9 that THC receives sufficient energy to become volatile.

That's it for today. And remember these results are preliminary.
    We will continue to conduct more experiments on the Volcano, next
    time focusing more on what happens to the CBD and at what setting."

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon Goldsmith
    Congrats, enjoy your vapourizer.
    For herb I vape the first 2-3 bags @ 350F, then turn it up to 365F.
    Happy vaping!

Thank you jonathon ill start at 160-175 & then turn it up for the last bag or to to get allbthe essential vape out.

Thanx again i guess it is trial & error but yout temps look bang on.

Skunk-mad.

COMING SOON!!!

Jonathon Goldsmith

continued...

"A further note to running the Volcano at settings like
    6 and 7, for two bags or less. You may want to keep your carcass.
    You can grind it to a powder, mix it into a yogurt and eat it.
    Since all the THC is activated, and still present in relatively large amounts
    it can provide relief in the same way as a brownie or other baked goods.

Dosage will vary between a half to 3 teaspoons depending on tolerance.

Point is the carcass is useful, particulary from lower settings.

We did another experiment to six bags and behold, all is gone.
    THC acid, converted THC, CBN and CBD, all gone skyward.
    This is at Volcano setting 7 and six bags were taken.
    So between 2 bags, where virtually all the THC is still present,
    and bag six the THC is being boiled off. To 2 bags it's all
    terpenes and aromatics.

We ran another experiment with the Volcano. This time we collected 6 bgas at setting 6.
    This just doesn't move the THC into the bag, only decarboxylating about 20% but not boiling
    any off. Its aroma therapy at setting 6, very little, if any, active THC is delivered.
    Of course at this setting you will be blowing off the terepenes and other lower molecular weight
    aromatics, that do, indeed, have psychoactive properties. Incidently, these compounds, termed
    the essential oils, have been banned, as long as the plant. It's my notion that the euphoric part
    of the cannabis experience is a result of the essential oils and not THC.

Finally, i must remind that these are merely preliminary experiments, used to guide the way
    to collecting more confirmatory data. All experiments of this type must be repeated a number
    of times, with means and standard deviations from the mean, determined.

Suppose, we will have to narrow it down, to see if there is
    one bag where the THC, fly's, at setting 7. Bet it's bag 4.
    We'll see...

We used roughly 250 mg or a quarter of a gram, in all the experiments."

Dr. Hornby is a guest speaker again at the TY Expo this year.

and to help convert the Volcano Classic settings to temps;

Thumbs Up/Down

That is an excellent add jonathon & it look,s like you have some very cool experiments going.Im a novice compared to you so could i ask you a couple of questions?.

1, how have you tested the used matter for th3 remaining presence of the beneficial cannibinoids?.

2, how will you test the vape to measure the thc content? & will you be testing each bag 1-6.

I have only had the herbalaire for 2 days but so far im loving the experience.The conversion chart is also very useful as the herbalaire is in celsius & when people talk about using vaporizers they usually use farenheit, so thank you for that.

Will you start thread with your results as im sure a few members will find your experiment results useful, i know i will.

Thanx jonathon great info.

Skunk-mad.
    Last edited by skunk-mad; 04-01-2011 at 06:51 AM.

COMING SOON!!!

Jonathon Goldsmith

Quote Originally Posted by skunk-mad
    That is an excellent add jonathon & it look,s like you have some very cool experiments going.Im a novice compared to you so could i ask you a couple of questions?.

1, how have you tested the used matter for th3 remaining presence of the beneficial cannibinoids?.

2, how will you test the vape to measure the thc content? & will you be testing each bag 1-6.

I have only had the herbalaire for 2 days but so far im loving the experience.The conversion chart is also very useful as the herbalaire is in celsius & when people talk about using vaporizers they usually use farenheit, so thank you for that.

Will you start thread with your results as im sure a few members will find your experiment results useful, i know i will.

Thanx jonathon great info.

Skunk-mad.
    Those were Dr. Hornby's findings/experiments. I can only wish to be as knowledgeable as the good doctor.
    Hope to meet him at the Expo to ask if he has any updates. I missed his presentation at last year's Expo where he gave out his contact info and have no other way to get ahold of him until then.

Founder & Publisher of TY Marco Renda's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 25/0
    Given: 2/0

CONGRATULATIONS SKUNK MAD!

I am in contact with Dr Hornby on a regular basis as I am using his CANNA CAPS daily so if anyone would like to contact him send me an email at weedmaster@treatingyourself.com and I will forward it to him.

Take Care and Peace
    Marco

Retired Staff

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

Just wondered how the canna caps were working out for you Marco im interested in trying them as drs have told me to stop smoking due to my copd.

Thumbs Up/Down

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Marco Renda
    CONGRATULATIONS SKUNK MAD!

I am in contact with Dr Hornby on a regular basis as I am using his CANNA CAPS daily so if anyone would like to contact him send me an email at weedmaster@treatingyourself.com and I will forward it to him.

Take Care and Peace
    Marco

Thank you Marco, it is thanx to you,the good people at herbalaire & all at kdk.

Thanx again for this wicked piece of kit.

Skunk-mad.

COMING SOON!!!

Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 0/0

Skunk save all your vape remains as they do make good budder. I have temp control vape and i play around with temp as per the study i think u will find u can get different type high at different temps.

I usually stay 380-390. The dryer your herb u can lower temp.. moist herb u can turn it up...

You will find the best settings and might change with different strains etc.

If u save remains for budder a good start is 2 oz of vape remains to 4 oz of clarified butter or non salt butter.

I think u will be surprised how much medicine left in remains.