Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 37/0
    Given: 6/1

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Unhappy What if anything can i do?.

Hi all today i had a call that ive been waiting for that just ripped my heart in piece,s. It was the doctors saying that my granddad has inoperable lung cancer which we think has spread from his prostate gland to his bladder then to his right lung?. We will find out more tomorrow when we go to see the consultant.

My granddad is 87 years of age & has lead a very active life filled with some amazing up,s(fighting & winning the 2nd world war) & downs(seeing the concentration camps at belson)one of his worst memories of the war. He is also married to the best woman in the world my nan who herself cant go out the house because she`s agoraphobic so my granddad has looked after my nan for most of his life.

Now what do i do? do i just watch him deteriorate or is there some way i can help him like with a rick simpson type oil or any suggestions would be much appreciated. Any pain relief would i think be needed but i think it,s gone to far for hemp oil to cure it all i can maybe do is make him comfortable with the use of oil or a tincture?.

This has come as a huge devastating shock to my family not only is he my grandfather but he has also been more like my dad. I need to do something if possible to help him as the hospital have said that it,s to far gone for chemo or radio therapy all they can do is keep him comfortable & pain free which means filling him full off morphine. Would it not be more humane to shoot him in the head quick & pain less?. I know you might think why would he shoot him i just dont want to watch a great man deteriorate before my eyes.

My granddad fought for king & country so we could all live in a free world,held a job down,whilst bringing my mum up & caring for his wife. Any suggestions on how to cope with this & if anyone has any suggestions that may help my granddad & my family through this terrible time please help if you can.

Thank you all i need to get this off my chest so thank you if you,ve read this?. We will know more about what sort of cancer it is & how far it as spread when we`ve been with my granddad to see the consultant tomorrow. Ill post more about what the actual diagnosis is then. We have not been told much i think they phone you just before to get the initial shock out of the way. For all i know he could have days,weeks or even months to live so i want to do the best by him by being there to spend sometime with him & maybe have a game or to of poker for the last time?.

a very upset teary eyed skunk-mad.
    This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
    Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Remember the name Fort Minor

http://www.classic-cannabis-seed-company.co.uk

COMING SOON!!!

http://www.classic-cannabis-company.co.uk/

420grower

well you know you can skype me anytime mate,I am so sorry to here that my good friend,has been one shitty year for you,I hope your Mom is taking it well,I will mess her at facebook,I and the rest of your T.Y. family is here for you,a good tinature from indica cannabis would be best,man I wish we could get Tony from down under to get you some of his great meds,peace and please don't hesitate to call,420 grower and family

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

Default Hey there

Really sorry to hear about your Granddad. My "Opa" died from cancer before I knew about "the cure". I'm sure he would have not even given it a chance. There's no way he'd do "Drugs". I would have gone on about it everytime we saw eachother, and he would have flat out refused. I don't know.

I do know that I currently take care of one person with bone cancer. She was given 3 months to live. I have been feeding her "the cure" for 3 years now. She's not cured in my opinion because she wont eat the required dosage. She is still alive tho, and has since gotten married and done some traveling to the states. I know a second person who was given 24 hours and lived 5 or 7 more years. And many more cases of tumors getting smaller and some dissapering.

It's a tough one tho. I'll say a prayer for you and your decision making, and an other one for your Granddad and his open mind.

Keep yer chin up. We're all pulling for you both.

Peace
    Max
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attracive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, doobie in one hand, favorite beverage in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming...Wow- What a ride!

Canadian Federal Exemptee Richi420's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0

So sorry to hear about your granddad. Cannabis oil may not help with curing his cancer but it will make the time left alot better and who knows it might work before the cancer takes your granddad.
    yeha noha

Treat the earth and all of her aspects as your mother. Show deep respect for the mineral world, the plant world, and the animal world. Do nothing to pollute our Mother, rise up with wisdom to defend her.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 65/0
    Given: 136/1

87 good for him with getting there. My father used to say WWII the big one, LOL I miss that guy.

If he is accepting to the help from mmj it will only help him if nothing else right? Maybe give him a better end if and when that happens.

Best to him and you very nice to hear how you feel about him.

Thumbs Up/Down

Default Time

Skunk,my father died of cancer in 2001.The best thing that I was able to do was to be with him as much as I could,whenever possible.It was something that meant a lot to him,I was able to grow closer to him as we spoke of things that most men don't ever speak of.He was also a WWII veteran,serving in the RCAF in England.
    He would not think of trying anything related to Marijuana for his pains,and relied on opiates to fight the pain til the end.I saw at that time the negativity of pharmaceuticals,they make death easier in my mind and nothing else.
    If you can,sit down with him and have a REAL conversation with him,not as grand dad/grandson but as equals,as men.Explain to him that Cannabis can and will make his remaining time easier,as well as stop him from suffering from chemo,blood exchanges and lack of hunger.
    If you can,show him the info you will find on "granny stormclouds" page,you will find it hear somewhere at TY.It will show to him that Marijuana,Cannabis is helpful in fighting many diseases,illnesses that the doctors now prescribe narcotics for.Explain to him that Oxycontin,Percocet and other opiates will cause addiction,constipation,loss of hunger as well as disrupting his sleep patterns.
    He is what is called "oldschool" here in Canada,stubborn,opinionated,steadfast in his ways I'll wager,most men of that era are..You need to break down the barriers of what he knows of Marijuana and show him the truth about it.You need to point out to him that alcohol and tobbaco kill more people every year than Cannabis has ever in 12,000yrs of human consumption (there is not one documented case anywhere on the planet of Marijuana hurting,injuring OR killing anyone by its use).
    The time is crucial for you to help him.He will be facing a huge uphill battle and will need any and all help offered by family.If you are able,attempt to get him to try some,in medibles would be the best way,does he like sweets?
    I am not a doctor,and know nothing more than what I have experienced in my lifetime.I just wish that I had been able to get my father to try some,it may have extended his time,it may have eased his pains,it may have helped his lack of hunger due to pain.It may also have helped him not to feel so alone in his battle.
    In my opinion you should do whatever you are able to in order so that your grandfather is as pain free as possible,has a strong appetite and gets as much exercise as possible.He faces the biggest battle of his life,he will gladly fight it alone,without saying a word.Most likely because he wishes to not burden his family with his problems.You owe it to him to do as much as you can to help him with his battle.
    This will also be very hard on you as well Skunk,especially if you are by yourself while facing this.Spend the time with your Grandfather,enjoy the remaining time with him.If you do not do so,you will regret it later in life.
    I was able to spend the time I NEEDED with my father in his last days to make it as peaceful as I was able to when the time came.
    Cheers mate,
    Jim
    "Every man dies,but few men truly live"
    William Wallace

"Perseverence builds character"

"You can call me clinically intense or intensely clinical,
    don't you dare call me crazy"

Thumbs Up/Down

Thank you all for you kindness & possitive thoughts. We went to see the consultant this morning & when they did a bronchoscopy a week ago the snipping,s they took were not cancer but the consultans have all sat down 7 discussed my grandad,s case & have come to the conclusion that it is definitely lung cancer.when they did a bronchoscopy they could only take 2 snip,s when they really need 6 so they have said to my grandad that if he wants to know what sort of cancer it is he will have to go in for another which we discussed & we feel that there is no need to put him through all that when we know that it stage 4 lung cancer.

all they can do is palative care which mean,s keeping him relatively pain free through morphine i would imagine?.the hospital basically have said you have stage 4 inoperable lung cancer we cant do anything but im not willing to take that.i want to do more & i know i can do more.i personally think a rick simpson or mullaway oil would help my grandad with pain issues aswell as helping to stimulate him to eat.

does anyone have a good safe recipe to make some strong oil or a tincture?.

thank you all for your support

skunk-mad.

COMING SOON!!!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0

Red face Dear skunk-mad..

The best advice has been given above by wise members such as snowshuz above, and others....you can make the most of the time you have with him,..and possible buy him more time if he will consider alternatives therapies...the tincture would help him eat and sleep...the easiest recipe is just to fill a jar with nice potent cured buds and cover them with the purest alcohol you can find....put it away in a dar cupboard for 4 - 6 weeks..other
    members have other good recipes... I want you to not worry...the good people are taken when it is their time...it is tough for us to say goodbye, but it is good you have a heads-up to get prepared for the tough time coming up...do all you can for him...for as long as possilble..these days are most precious and sacred.
    bk

Thumbs Up/Down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnKq9...yer_detailpage

this will piss you off but...

if you can get enough cannabis to make the cure by rick simpson it will possibly help but you will be in violation of us pat 6,630,507
    i want to hurt somebody real bad over this but who?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 25/0
    Given: 12/0

Google Dr. Simoncini he's on youtube he is an oncoligist from Italy. If you are interested in cancer it will blow your mind!! Also theres other vids of cured people from him before and after.

Canadian Federal Exemptee Mamahawk6's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0

First off sad news indeed ... cancer is rotten. My grandson at age 12 has brain cancer, so 87 is an age that life has experienced much ado over. Now time for Granddad has come and I would just do as Snoz suggested. What a chat it will be
    You mentioned Von Belsen camp perhaps in a way We are closer than You'd think as my step-father also freed prisoners from Belsen camp...name Coveyduc Lloyd. I just wonder if perhaps they knew each other? Lloyd brought back pictures that were given to me a few years back and the horror these MEN had to bear. What a grand job they did. Please send fondest regards and a sincere Thank You to Him.
    One Sky

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Mamahawk6
    First off sad news indeed ... cancer is rotten. My grandson at age 12 has brain cancer, so 87 is an age that life has experienced much ado over. Now time for Granddad has come and I would just do as Snoz suggested. What a chat it will be
    You mentioned Von Belsen camp perhaps in a way We are closer than You'd think as my step-father also freed prisoners from Belsen camp...name Coveyduc Lloyd. I just wonder if perhaps they knew each other? Lloyd brought back pictures that were given to me a few years back and the horror these MEN had to bear. What a grand job they did. Please send fondest regards and a sincere Thank You to Him.

Thanx mamahawk & im so sorry to hear of your grandson.my granddad has lived for 87 years but 12 is no age at all.we are all trying to spend as much time with him & he,s loving chatting about the "gud old day,s".yes my granddad was at von belsen but i think he arrived just after they had masacered so many people.he told me that him & his squadron the "royal highland division" were approaching belson & they had already been warned what to expect from former pow,s that your grandfather may have had a hand in setting free.from what he has told me even though he was pre-warned of the horrors that faced the clean-up team he still remembers to this days,s that he could smell a awful smell from 1/2 mile away & when they got closer they realised it was the smell of burnt corpses some pile,s of people were up to 15ft high.what a horrific sight that must have been & yes they did a great job all that fought for there countrys it,s just a shame it happened.maybe we have learned something form killing each other or maybe not.time will tell.

ill keep you all posted on my granddad,s health at the moment he is refusing any pain medication but that could all change by tomorrow.it,s basically a day to day game now & making the best of the time we have left together.

skunk-mad.

COMING SOON!!!