Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default Da Buddah feedback

So I have been the proud owner of a Da Buddha vaporizer for about a week and a half. I wanted to send out my impressions to the universe, because I know reading reviews and checking them out at the local head shop totally helped me.

I really like the look of DB. It really has great clean lines, and is discreet looking. Everyone who has seen it have been surprised to know that it is what it is. It looks like an aromatherapy simmer pot or something similar. I did splurge and get the ceramic aromatherapy diffuser to sit on top of the vape, thinking that being able to use it help with smell issues as well as to just use for what it is, as I use a lot of aromatherapy at home.

As to how it works to medicate, it has really surprised me how quickly I caught on. I had never even used a vape when I brought it home, had just read a lot and watched videos. It took me a few tries to get my ideal temperature, but once I found it I really knew it immediately. (I did totally torch my herb once and that was startling)

In the manual for DB they said that they believe that users will be able to figure out the perfect temp without a digital readout, or even marks on the knob. I just know that around 1 o'clock on the dial is perfect, and if I have left it on long I need to go down to about 12 o'clock.

I love the clear headed feeling, even while really addressing my pain body wise. I was shocked at how differently the effects were, with the exact same strain, from combustion to vape. I can really feel some of what I am missing, though, and am saving all of my vaped meds to work on tictures or another way to get some of what is leftover into my system.

I do feel free though. I am not a smoker, and nobody in my family smokes. The smell from medicating before the vape really was a deterrent for me. I spent a lot of energy trying mitigate it, changing clothes, febreeze. I hated the dirty feeling, feeling stinky. I love that I can medicate in the garage and nobody notices. My daughter(adult) asked if I was making soap when I first took her out to see it, because I had some drops of jasmine oil on the diffuser. When I took my mom in her first words where "it smells good in here" and she has never smoked weed in her life, just supports the heck out me finding relief. I really appreciate the smell factor, can you tell? I just have 3 kids and don't want my world smelling like a stoner pad.

I am 100% satisfied with my DB, and am glad that I waited a little extra time to save up and get it instead of getting something cheaper right away. I like the confidence of the 3 yr warranty, and love that it is Colorado made.

I hope this helps someone out there.

Embryo

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

Question

I love my daBudda as well!
    Simple and effective.
    I find that there is still a smell of marihuana after vaping, but it is much less noticeable.
    I am having an ongoing problem with my Buddah and wanted to know what people thought.
    I have only the one wand, and screen.
    I have taken to soaking the wand every few days in alcohol, as the screen seems to get clogged.
    The wand is often igniting the herb as opposed to vaporizing it.
    I do get the screen clean with an alcohol soak, but the darn thing will combust, even with little use/buildup.
    Do I need to invest in new screens or what?
    The temp on my unit is appropriately set, and I can't think of any other variables that need to be mentioned.
    Any input?

Founder & Publisher of TY Marco Renda's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 25/0
    Given: 2/0

Quote Originally Posted by Haricot Vert
    I love my daBudda as well!
    Simple and effective.
    I find that there is still a smell of marihuana after vaping, but it is much less noticeable.
    I am having an ongoing problem with my Buddah and wanted to know what people thought.
    I have only the one wand, and screen.
    I have taken to soaking the wand every few days in alcohol, as the screen seems to get clogged.
    The wand is often igniting the herb as opposed to vaporizing it.
    I do get the screen clean with an alcohol soak, but the darn thing will combust, even with little use/buildup.
    Do I need to invest in new screens or what?
    The temp on my unit is appropriately set, and I can't think of any other variables that need to be mentioned.
    Any input?
    Screens should be replaced every now and then. If things are combusting then your temp is too high

Take Care and Peace
    Marco

Embryo

Thumbs Up/Down

I'll try and adjust the heat and report back.
    Thanks,
    HV

Thumbs Up/Down

I have a Da Buddha as well and I really love it. Everything that was said above is right on point.

@Haricot Vert: I noticed that I will get burn-ins if I put too much herb in the wand, because then it is too close to the heating element. So yes, try a lower temp setting and perhaps put less herb. You shouldn't fill more than 1/6 of the wand bowl.

Edit: you can clean the screens by leaving them in ISO and they become almost as new again.
    Last edited by Vaporisateur; 06-03-2011 at 08:43 AM.

Embryo

Thumbs Up/Down

I have been cleaning my wand/screen regularly and have turned down the heat setting a bit lower and my problems have, well vaporized!
    This lil unit is back to being the best thing ever!
    I'm glad everyone enjoys their budda as much as I do.
    So tell me, do you leave it on all the time? Are you worried about a shorter life, and energy consumption?
    I think I recall reading that the 7th floor peoples kept a silver surfer on indefinitely and it was no big deal.
    Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.
    HV

Thumbs Up/Down

I don't leave mine on unless it is a particularly rough day for me. I only medicate periodically, once to twice a day, so leaving it on would be silly for me.

When I first got it and was leaving it on I found that I had to turn the dial way down at later sessions because it would just be hotter than hot.

5 min warm up time seems pretty reasonable to me, and I just turn it on as needed. But I bet there will be way better replies than that for ya coming down the pike

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 50/0
    Given: 5/0

Thanx for the info/product review fellas. I'm currently in the market for a vape. Due to certain medical reasons the combustion of meds is no longer possible. Thanx again

Thumbs Up/Down

I am glad I wandered back here.
    To add to my warm and fuzzy thoughts about my Budda and mention the amazing customer service I got from the company.

Something went out one day, and I had nothing to vape from. I was still within my warranty period, and I have to say that they made it incredibly easy for me to send things back, the turn around was way fast, and they were all really nice. I was still in my warranty period, and they even did a couple of updates to new design changes while they had my girl.

When it is time for my little silver girl to go to rest, I will probably send it in and pay to have it refurbished before I went with another product.