Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default Department Of Emergency Medicine

News

Blowing Smoke. In wake of major pot bust, local hospitals say they haven't seen the so-called marijuana "overdoses."
    (Published: 12-06-2007, City Paper) When police seized more than $1.4 million in drugs from a City Avenue penthouse last week, they boasted about the 16 pounds of a potent marijuana strain known as "AK47" that, according to Narcotics Chief Inspector William Blackburn, put people in the emergency room with overdoses.

Of the hospitals City Paper contacted — Jefferson, St. Joseph's and Penn — none have recorded any cases of marijuana overdose within the past few months. There are people treated for the effects of marijuana, which, according to Jefferson toxicologist Paul Kolecki, are limited to increased heart rate and panic attacks, but overdoses are basically impossible.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

Quote Originally Posted by Claude
    News

but overdoses are basically impossible.

thanks for sharing Claude, gave me a good laugh
    "Don't excuse yourself from life today on the pretense of your past. You're hurt you're broken, that's alright."

HBMT
    "if it were not for the bad times, the good times would go un-noticed"

on death and dying!
    "the loss is ours, not theirs, and we can face it as we wish!"

-Steve & Dana

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

Interesting how the person who wrote that article tried to make it seem as if AK-47 has a bad reputation.

Clearly the person is a hypocondriac, as they diagnosed themselves with having overdosed and actually creep down to the hospital. No doctor, stupid or otherwise will diagnose a person on cannabis with OD.

The last sentences even prove the whole message a lie, as admittedly it's IMPOSSIBLE to overdose on cannabis. Still the safest thing out there but it gets blown up to be just as bad as cocaine or heroin.

Australian Medical Marijuana Educator Smokin Moose's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 41/0
    Given: 24/0

Claude, thanks for the chuckle mate. My overdose is longstanding lol.

ps Thank you for EVERYTHING you do for the sick folks here at TY. Regards to you from Australia
    [B][COLOR="Navy"][URL="http://shop.vetguru.com/shop/sweet-serenity/"][COLOR="Navy"][SIZE=3]Enlightened Veterinarian's Guide to Treating Pets with Medical Marijuana. Dr Doug Kramer's definitive ebook "Sweet Serenity"[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE=5][COLOR=Blue]Truth flows on to credibility, and credibility will be the vehicle for change[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 1/0

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Claude
    (Published: 12-06-2007, City Paper)
    good to hear they haven't had any confirmed people in all this time admitted due to "overdose"

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0

Quote Originally Posted by KING_JOHN_C
    good to hear they haven't had any confirmed people in all this time admitted due to "overdose"
    i should expand that response, 20 years ago, my younger sisters friend Richard chose to smoke marijuana laced with pcp, evidently this was referred to as "elephant weed" Richard wanted the strongest marijuana he could get, that's why he selected "elephant weed", this was not the first time he smoked marijuana either, he wanted a stronger hallucinogen. yes!, he had a freak out and ended up in emergency.this is the only time i have ever heard and confirmed that someone smoked cannabis and was hospitalized.

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0

Quote Originally Posted by KING_JOHN_C
    i should expand that response, 20 years ago, my younger sisters friend Richard chose to smoke marijuana laced with pcp, evidently this was referred to as "elephant weed" Richard wanted the strongest marijuana he could get, that's why he selected "elephant weed", this was not the first time he smoked marijuana either, he wanted a stronger hallucinogen. yes!, he had a freak out and ended up in emergency.this is the only time i have ever heard and confirmed that someone smoked cannabis and was hospitalized.
    No you can't. He was hospitalized due to smoking PCP.

Thumbs Up/Down

I remember when I was just a kid in the 80's in LA smoking pcp laced herb was quite popular. I think they called it something like troubadoour or something like that. I don't remember. It put plenty of people in a bad spot, but yeah that wasn't weed!