Thread: Volcano tips.

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default Volcano tips.

Just some miscellaneous volcano tips , if you have any yourself feel free to add

# To save time cleaning screen and chamber, always empty your volcano chamber when its hot (carefully) this also stops the leftover thc smoldering away so you can use it later and the weed crumbs wont stick until it cools down.

# If you have a espresso machine you should have a steam wand, using this takes seconds to clean your volcano screens/parts crystal clear without even disassembling them..

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/0

Thumbs up Thanks!

Hey, thanks for the tips! Do you have anymore?
    Thank God we don't get all the Government we pay for!

Thumbs Up/Down

1. Start at the lowest possible temperature that causes vaporization in significant quantities....for me, this is around 5.5 on a Classic model (thanks once again, Marco!), but varies somewhat by strain/dryness/material quality.

2. You may not see it clearly at first, but as bags begin to wear out, they will start to leak vapor. Watch your bag in a well-lit room with a dark (preferably black) background as the volcano fills it....watch for even the slightest wisps of leaking vapor, and if you see them, it's time to get a fresh bag. Otherwise you'll be leaking odor and wasting precious vapor. If you see a leak but the bag doesn't appear to be the problem (for example, you just switched to a fresh one and still see vapor leaks), then you may need to replace the o-ring seal on the chamber assembly or there may be a crack in your chamber. That, or something just isn't sealing tightly enough in the connections between the chamber, volcano itself, and bag connector.

3. If your screens start to get clogged with resin, simply soak them in rubbing alcohol, shaking the container periodically, for an hour or two. This should return them to a pristine state...and you can evaporate the alcohol to preserve the resin for other uses! Be warned, this resin is EXTREMELY potent.

I'm sure I'll eventually think of more, but this is all that came to mind off the top of my head.

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

Cool more tips

saeon> thanks great tips.

# having a dirty screen can create problems.
    You might end up holding the valve onto the volcano instead of it using its own weight due to the extra resistance passing through the screen.

This will in turn wear the O ring on the base of the valve, which will ensure even when the screen has been cleaned you still need to hold it for a sealed connection.

# Also, if you have the espresso steam wand cleaning method available, holding a mug underneath will easily catch the resin as the steam blows it off. 20 seconds and its sparkling new.

#Always change bags / clean out your valve & inhaler system when their is loose cannabis through them, although this may seem a chore when your heavily medicated inhaling a a cannabis crumb and choking is much more of a chore.

Embryo

Thumbs Up/Down

start your temp @ 4 and slowly work your way up to 5 - 5.5

the lower the temp the more you can stretch the taste!

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

I use a small mustard jar filled with 75% (151 proof Bacardi Rum) rum for washing the chamber. That gives me a perfectly consumable alcohol tincture for use later without any of the unlabeled ingredients that might be in rubbing alcohol.

Use an old, clean toothbrush to give the chamber and screens a quick scrub after a 10 minute soak, followed by a quick rinse and everything will be ready to use.

Over time the screens still do get a little gummed up and since I don't have a steam wand to clean it I use the gas burner on the stove. Just use some cooking tongs to grab the all metal screen and hold over the flame of the burner. Heat it to cherry red and you'll have a cleaned screen in about a minute, just drop back into cold water and the screen is ready for reuse. (My volcano is 5 years old and still using the original screen set.)

For the bags, you'll notice that they do get sticky after a while. That's good resin in there that in my opinion should not be wasted. Take a shot of 75% rum and dump it in each used bag, tie both ends closed, slosh the rum around, place in a large bowl in case of drips and let it sit for 1 day to 1 week. Slosh the rum around again to get more resin loosened up and dump into a jar for later consumption. You can run a successive shot or 2 of rum through your bag, even transferring to other bags that need rinsed if needed. Finally, I usually give it a 1 shot rinse with filtered water to drink after cleaning is done - there's still a significant buzz from that.

What to use the alcohol tinctures for? When you need some long term relaxation or relief. My wife uses about 5ml for cramps and that will take care of her cramps for about 12 hours. Days when arthritis is acting up with severe pain, 5ml.

Sometimes the tincture is stronger than others, and believe me appearance is not a reliable measure of the strength. I cleaned some bags for a friend once, and the tincture looked like regular dark rum, but 10ml kept the wife and I at home for 2 days to just sleep off the effect - it was enjoyable, but I wouldn't want to do that when I was out on the town. Always test in a secure setting and you'll know better how you will react. We usually keep some on the shelf so it's there when we need it. Good, longer term effect without the added attention smoking would draw.
    Protect your meds! Contact your gov't representatives or the prohibitionists will be the only ones represented.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0

Lightbulb Hot vaping for chronic pain

I have been a chronic pain patient for over 30 years and the last 8 with the Volcano. I cannot smoke joints as they make me cough and that hurts me badly.

I heat my bowl at max temperature and fill it hot, usually with herb and oil. I tamp solidly, the bowl with the pad of a finger, and the screen always has a gap of about 1/4 ", between it and the herb. I then dial it to 4 but the heat is at max. I need the opaque bags!

I use a 4 foot bag so I don't have to move as much. The time between bowls aids in the opaqueness too. With oil and herb I go for half steps on the dial, with 6,5 as the second bowl. My current record for number of opaque bags per bowl is 18 !

I stir the bowl at 8 and retamp it, again at 9.

Happy medicating to the volcano using crowd.

My fave method for tincture is using Absinthe as a base. The thujone acts in concert to the cannibinoids and it boosts and prolongs the medical effects.

LEQ
    I will be receiving, soon a cobalt blue sherlock for my opium use.

If anyone needs a medical volcano I have a connection that is around 540 CDN shipped. PM me for info
    Last edited by lequebecfume; 05-13-2010 at 12:53 PM.
    Léglaliser, Règlementé, Éduquer et Soigner

Liberé Marc Emery de prison dans l'état de Georgia puis retouner lui au Canada pour server son temps pas loin de son èpouse Jodie

One Compassionate Act per Day

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

how much do most people pack in the chambers each time? (volcano classic)

we don't have a scale or anything, so I'd have to eyeball it but i never really know how much to put in each time to get effective vaporization. we never really have more on hand at a time than say a half oz at the upper end and like everyone I'd like to find ways to make it last as long as i can.

also curious what people do with the leftovers from the chamber? say for example if you do the "hot" method leq outlined, and start at a mid temp of 5 going up a half-step each run ... would you go this way all the way to 9 and if so would the leftovers be worth saving (straight bud, no oil since we can never get any)

i tried to make an olive oil thing once and man o man i buggered it up soooo badly ... tasted / smelled like someone was smoking a big cannon of human hair ...

----------------
    Now playing: Brain Drill - [Quantum Catastrophe #06] Mercy To None [foobar2000 v1.0.3]
    via FoxyTunes

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/0

Lightbulb Duff Is The Stuff!

'Krator", the stuff remaining in the bowl is called "Duff" and is often very strong.

I save my "Duff" and mix it into my bud when I make my butter. This makes my edibiles stong and gives my cookies a "nut like" taste.

Just be very careful as I have seen this combination be just too, too much for many a experienced smoker.

Go easy when you first use this mixture. It is better to take a little at a time than to think that this "butter" is not very strong as most times this combination is strong enough to put you right on your ass!

This is an excellent way to stretch your meds.

Did I mention that is was strong!!!

Thank God we don't get all the Government we pay for!