Thread: Big Red

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Unhappy Big Red

today we had to put down our dog "Red", our faithfull half lab half pit we'd got as a pup ten short years ago . He was suffering from lung cancer and it had reached a point he could hardly get his breath, struggling almost every waking moment. it was time. we are glad he isn't suffering anymore. we had a great ten years, and we were lucky to have such a great dog . he'll always be in our hearts.
    Last edited by Yrekagrow; 01-03-2010 at 05:36 PM.
    there is somthing rotten in the state of federal laws

Thumbs Up/Down

sending healing vibes to you and your family ..i do really feel for you as i was at the same point 8 yrs ago .it is just not fair to let them suffer . do we have to take that decision ...?.sometime when the vet say it will be better for all if we ......you know what i mean but is it the right decision ...?
    this did haunt me for a long time
    so to get over my loss i did get another pet . same breed and color as the one i have now .strange enuff i do not think of her as a dog but a friend .
    for the last 8 months or close to it she is sick ,(problem with her back end ,,hips) .someday she does have a hard time to walk ....so for me i know what is coming ahead for her health...because of this i did make a decision
    to not get another pet ....i was told with this breed it is almost always a sure thing they all have hips problem .
    today myself i have big problem with arthritis who was cause to exposure to extreme cold and i do feel guilty to have bring my little 7 fishing with me ,,i know she love each min she did spend catching salmon in freezing water ...i cannot get her out of the cold water ..for the last 2 weeks donnow if because it is a bit dryer .but she feel better and same for me .
    i know you will never ....ever feel love for a being like you do for a pet as you have for human ....remember your pet did give you the highest love possible ....unconditional love
    i know i am babbling ..because i did say the same when i did lose my last friend (pet) and because it was so painfull to me i told my wife no more pet ..today i am very happy to see my little 7 sleeping on the couch ..exausted because she did play in the snow .i would have missed so much if i did not get another pet .
    losing a human is easier for me than losing a pet
    my advice to you ... go visit the human society and adopt a new friend .
    the joys and good time spending with your pet will outweight the loss
    peace to you and your family and again sending healing vibes..7...
    :) ..real friendship is like health ..
    you do not know its real value ...
    until...you loose it ...7:)

[url]http://www.phoenixtearsmovie.com/[/url]

Thumbs Up/Down

Sorry to hear of your loss. I've had to do the same thing a few times. Sending healing vibes your way. Peace.

Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0

So very sorry for your loss
    I 'm not even sure what to write and since i can't see the screen right now
    will make it short
    Our dogs are like our furry children and stay in our hearts forever
    I'm totally choked up and can relate to this completely
    Its a really tough thing to go through and I share your pain
    Beauty lives, not only in nature, but in one's own 'heart'.

Thumbs Up/Down

thanks everyone for the kind words. and sevens; we were lucky enough to get two beautiful maltipoo puppies, just two months ago, exactly infact, on november 3rd. they won't replace red, but they help fill the hole he left. our hearts and our home feel empty without him . eventually we will get another big dog, but not just yet.....
    there is somthing rotten in the state of federal laws

carl

i think of my old dog often. i would not trade those memories for anything

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Yrekagrow
    thanks everyone for the kind words. and sevens; we were lucky enough to get two beautiful maltipoo puppies, just two months ago, exactly infact, on november 3rd. they won't replace red, but they help fill the hole he left. our hearts and our home feel empty without him . eventually we will get another big dog, but not just yet.....
    Aloha;
    This is really the best way for YOU to go on living. I grieved the loss of a dog (Lali) of 15 years for a long time, just couldn't pull out of it, finally I got a dog that would require a lot of attention and it worked. I have pics of my Lali all over the house but I now have that new dog 3 years now along with 2 rescue dogs and one of their pups (enough already) so I guess there's still a lot of room in my heart to love dogs. Love you Lali and love to your Red
    I'm making it up as I go along