Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 234/0
    Given: 152/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default Sour 60 using LED grow light.

I am growing out a new unreleased autoflower strain called Sour 60 from MDanzig. It should be released soon as he is getting the seed packaging made now.

I'll be using this method of soil and nutes for this grow.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=131611

Organic Growing Medium:
    Use Fox Farm Ocean Forest Potting Mix
    Your soil / soilless mixes must be high grade, you can use OTHER soil/less mix you want to and this will still work. I will NOT garuntee your success using anything other then Fox Farm Ocean Forest Potting Mix. BUT never use mixes with CHEMICAL added slow release food with this TEA. You run the risk of heavy burning.

Planting: Now you got your medium ready, it has enough food for the first week of life. Before planting water well to get some run off. I plant directly into this soil/less mix, with the seed no deeper then 1/2 inch. Keep them watered well during sprouting by adding a Little water after every 2 days until sprouted. Just enough water to wet the area where the seed it. After sprouting water normally. Note: Pre-Cracking/Scuffing AFs seeds... I dont know why this topic became an issue. NEVER have I had to do this with any cannabis seeds, my only explaination for it is bad seed stock went out and required such action to grow. I am using 2 gallon pots for this grow.

Organic TEA: Happy Frog® Fruit & Flower Organic Fertilizer (5-8-4)

This is one of the easiest ways to make an organic based TEA, that is like giving your AF plants steriods. You will see incresed growth after the first 24 hours. I make this TEA again using the Fox Farm Peace Of Mind Fruit and Flower ( 5-8-4 ). This form of grow is considered in my eyes slightly HOT and is strain dependent, so adjust where needed. After one run you can dial it in to each specific strain you use. Feedings with this TEA are very easy and and go in 2 week intervals,, The First Feeding starts on day 7-10, 17-21(sexing), 28 (pre-mid flowering), 42 (flowering), 56 (Ripening), Flush, Harvest.

Brewing: When brewing the TEA add the fertilizer first to the empty container then add water. Your water temp should be room temp 65-80 degrees F, dont use hot water as it can kill the micro organisms. The pH of the water before adding the FF Peace of Mind must be 6.5-7. You must bubble this solution with a good quality air stone, and Medium sized air pump at least,, you really want a lot of bubbles. For best results bubble for 4 hours. Watch out some foam can form and spill out if your container isn't big enough.

Application: You apply the tea directly to the soil, try not to get it on the leaves. When you feed with this TEA please do so carefully. If your soil is dry PLEASE water with pHed 6.5 water first then apply the TEA and get Run Off.

Run Off: When you apply this TEA make sure you get some run off, kinda like a mini flush each time you water so it pushes out plant wastes and build ups replacing it with fresh. Run off should be around 8-16 ozs. at least. All that water used in this method gets to be a pain in the ass if you don't have some sort of draining tray. That is why i use the 10 x 20 inch trays, and the 5.5 x 5.5 pots, make a very clean and easy grow room. NEVER LET INDOOR PLANTS SIT IN STANDING TEA WATER! You must drain the Run Off and dispose of it as it is full of bacteria, and will rot if stored.

Mild TEA- For Weeks 1 - 3
    You have the option to adjust your pH of your water down to around 6.5-7, it is not required but helps keep your soil pH ballanced while using the TEA. Then add 1 table spoon of Fox Farm Happy Frog Fruit and Flower, per gallon of water. You will need an air stone to bubble this solution for at least 4 hours, strain to remove the majority of solid matter that doesn't disolve. Water your plants very well with this TEA until you gets some run off,, if your soil is very dry before applying the TEA please water it first with plain pHed water, then apply.. you want some run off. Only use this TEA at days 7-10, and again around day 17-21.

Medium TEA - For Weeks 4-6
    Again (Optional* pH your water to 6.5-7) Then Add 2 table Spoons of FF Happy Frog Fruit and Flower per gallon of water. Bubble it for at least 4 hours, strain to remove the majority of solid mater that doesn't dissolve. *Optional* Add 1/2 teaspoon of Mild unsulfered molasses per gallon. This TEA is very strong and should NOT be used when your soil is dry. Water first then feed the TEA to get run off. Feed this on Day 28 and again on Day 42.

Hot TEA- *Optional* For Week 7-8*Warning* very hot tea can burn!! Be careful!!
    You can use this during the last few weeks of your AF strains grow cycle to boost end yield and qualtiy. If you use this TEA only use it 1 time before flushing for harvest. Use at day 56 ONLY! Most Strains will be fine with the Medium Tea used on days, 28, 42, 56. If you think your plants can handle this HOT TEA then go for it but I am not responsible for burnt buds.

Again (Optional* pH your water to 6.5-7), then add 3 table spoons of FF Peace of Mind Fruit and Flower per gallon of water. Add 1 teaspoon of mild unsulfered molasses per gallon of water. Bubble for at least 4 hours, strain out the majority of soild matter that doesn't disolve. Again make sure your soil isn't too dry before applying this TEA.

Additives: Use at own risk, making the TEA to HOT will burn your plants, know your strain and it's limits.

Super Thrive can be added to the TEA, "ONLY AFTER SEXING" has occured.

Mild Unsulfered Molasses 1/2 tsp, can be added to all TEAs, Mild, Med, Hot. To boost micro organism production and add a bit of sugars to the root zone. Making food more availible to the roots. I use this on every watering from the start.

Watering Between Feedings.
    Water your plants normally with pHed water around 6.5. be sure to get a little run off every time you water, remember to dispose of run off.

Flush: When harvest time is getting near, about 7-10 days away you will need to Flush your soil. Flushing should be done with plain pHed water 6.5, but at a much higher dose,, get at least 16oz of Run Off per 5.5 x 5.5 inch pot. Larger pots require more Run Off. Your plants will start to yellow up during this stage which is a very good thing. Optional* you can add 1 teaspoon of molasses per gallon of Flush water, seems to help with the end quality of harvest.

Harvest: Harvest buds after a 36 hour dark period.
    Last edited by S_a_H; 11-13-2009 at 09:57 PM.

Thumbs Up/Down

The light is still in transit and I should be getting it Monday sometime and when I do i'll post some pictures of it. But here is the link to the light for now.

http://hydro-grow-led.com/blog/full-...6w-grow-light/

Most that know me understands with nothing growing I just had to get some seeds germing....

So here are three of the Sour 60's that are up and looking great so far. They are under a 400w MH placed at least 36 inches away for now and i'll move them closer as the roots grow out.

S_a_H
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sour 60 001 [1024x768].JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	184.0 KB 
ID:	33674   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sour 60 002 [1024x768].JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	160.5 KB 
ID:	33675   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sour 60 003 [1024x768].JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	189.5 KB 
ID:	33676  

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

way cool!!

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by realtree
    way cool!!
    Ya it is and I cannot wait until I get the Lite Brite in the mail on Monday. It is drop shipped out of Hong Kong via UPS.

I started 18 of the Sour 60 and 12 Blue Streak for this grow so I sure hope this new light thingy works.

I got three different packs of Sour 60 seeds marked. Blue Berry Pheno , Strong Pheno ( these are the ones I have running now. ) and the Tall Pheno.

S_a_H

Theraputic Cannabis Dominatrix pflover's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0

can't wait to see your results!
    Regestered PDX area TC-caregiver for 2, housewife.

Mugen: [after finding a bag of coins in the river] We hit the pot, Jack!
    Fuu: That's jackpot!
    Mugen: All I know is we're filthy bitch!
    Fuu: Filthy rich!
    Jin: I hope your doing that on purpose.

PRESERVE NEURAL PLASTICITY!!!

Anit harm none...

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 122/0
    Given: 59/0

SH..I've been following this light at other forums..good to see you posting here. I'm interested in one..I'm here for the test...thanks for posting..DD
    Please join me in my Fall 2012 Cannabis Flowers Pix thread..
    DoobieDuck the Macro Pix
    Don't forget, your comments and "likes" may be the only recognition Breeders, Photographers and Growers receive after putting in the hard work that they do to share theirs here with you. That appreciation goes a long way towards inspiring them to continue sharing it, Respect....DD

Thumbs Up/Down

Thanks PF , Doobie......

Thats what I was PMing you about PF is that I am going to submit this grow to the TY mag.

I think if this new light technology works the uses for AF stealth growing just grew out of sight. Being able to grow in very small areas without having to worry about the heat created is huge.

Even though the inital cost of the equipment is on the high end after that the money saved on power is the big savings. Plus with the lower heat output some people that have to stop growing indoors in the summer can do it now.

S_a_H

Thumbs Up/Down

Here are a couple pictures of the first run of Sour 60 I did.

S_a_H

Name:	S60 005.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	186.9 KB 
ID:	33697   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S60 009.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	228.5 KB 
ID:	33698  

Thumbs Up/Down

Here is the next bunch.... I just put them into the beer cups. I have another batch of 20 seeds I just started germing for the last batch.

I figure that I should be able to get 24 females onto my 2x4 shelf giving me about a pound and half every 2 months using 8 sqft at 6 runs a year for 9 pounds total. Or 144 ounces per year divided by 12 months or 3 ounces per week for the year.

They say one of the 126w units is as good as a 400w light and i'll be running three of them over my 2x4 shelf. If this is true i'll be able to give them the equal of 1200w's of HID for the cost of a 400w running. Basically if what they claim is true this could be the next big jump for indoor autoflowers.

S_a_H

Name:	more 001 [1024x768].JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	251.6 KB 
ID:	33699  

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

Your research and reporting can really help open the door for many med users, me included. Thanks!

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Cannahope
    Your research and reporting can really help open the door for many med users, me included. Thanks!
    Thanks.......

It is exciting to be trying out some new technology.

S_a_H

Thumbs Up/Down

Ok the LED light came today as predicted it would.

About the size of a VCR and alittle heavier very quiet with the 6 PC fans running to cool it.

Everytime I would see something about LED grow lights I always thought back to that High School Electronics classes and those LED's were so weak back then but now, WOW !!!!! So much brighter but are they bright enough to grow decent and that is what we are about to find out.

S_a_H

Name:	LED 007 [1024x768].JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	157.9 KB 
ID:	33721   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LED 001 [1024x768].JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	33722  

Thumbs Up/Down

I'll get some pictures up this Sunday of the seedlings and my grow area.

But some other GREAT news is that I was sent another 2 units to test making a total of 3 to test.

So my 2 x 5 area should have enough coverage now for the 50 or so Sour 60 seedlings that are just coming up.

S_a_H

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0

Thumbs up good grow to you

interested in your light with the grow also . i use ufo's and like leds.
    Last edited by howlin420; 11-20-2009 at 08:25 PM.

Thumbs Up/Down

Not much of a update but we are getting there. I started every Sour 60 strong pheno seed that MD sent me for this test grow. Once they start to sex we'll start seeing something worth seeing.

S_a_H

Name:	S60 013 [1024x768].JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	297.8 KB 
ID:	33758   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sour 60 Seed pack.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	136.8 KB 
ID:	33759  

hashimoto

Right on, nice and clean setup. Those LED's look bright enough to grow during all stages of growth. Are you going to use the same for the entire grow? Can you change bulbs in an LED fixture to suit different stages of growth?

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by hashimoto
    Right on, nice and clean setup. Those LED's look bright enough to grow during all stages of growth. Are you going to use the same for the entire grow? Can you change bulbs in an LED fixture to suit different stages of growth?
    Thanks Hashi.....

Yes this unit is suppose to handle the whole grow from start to finish and it is a closed system.

S_a_H

Name:	nvnbbvnnb 001 (Copy).JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	171.7 KB 
ID:	33760   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S60 007 [1024x768].JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	153.1 KB 
ID:	33761  

Thumbs Up/Down

really nice work!
    Judge the deed and NOT the breed.
    Help Save The American Pit Bull Terrier

Thumbs Up/Down

Thumbs up very nice

it looks promising. i`ve been interested in led`s and how they will work for years. i`m going to be following this grow closely.
    great work
    peace

Thumbs Up/Down

Ok here is the last batch of Sour 60 seeds they are the Tall Pheno seeds that MD sent me. They are going into cups later on this afternoon.

S_a_H

Name:	ghjh 001 [1024x768].JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	232.1 KB 
ID:	33764   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ghjh 002 [1024x768].JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	131.6 KB 
ID:	33765  

Thumbs Up/Down

Ok they are in cups now and here are three that i'll be watching closely and posting updates of. #70,#72,#77

I'll post updated pictures on Sundays at least and most likely more then that.

S_a_H

Name:	#70 [1024x768].JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	220.4 KB 
ID:	33766   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	#72 [1024x768].JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	248.2 KB 
ID:	33767   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	#77 [1024x768].JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	225.6 KB 
ID:	33768  

Thumbs Up/Down

I have to add #76 to list of plants to watch for the test grow.

I wanted to do some LST'ing this round and if I get two females from #76 i'll use this one to do it with.

S_a_H

Name:	twins 001 [1024x768].JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	33814  

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0

intersting set up friend, have a seat and watching intently
    Once in a while you will get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by slater
    intersting set up friend, have a seat and watching intently
    Thanks.....

I was wondering how you were feeling after that bout with the Flu ? Always seems to be a second round after you think that you are over it and POW !!

S_a_H

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by S_a_H
    I have to add #76 to list of plants to watch for the test grow.

I wanted to do some LST'ing this round and if I get two females from #76 i'll use this one to do it with.

S_a_H
    Looking good Brotha'. Those S-60's look like their loving the LED. Likeing the twins also. They say the only thing better then one girl, is two!
    Watching this one!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast