Thread: Nice place

Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default Nice place

Hey I just wanted to say I stopped in here and found these threads. People here impress me as warm and welcoming and connected. That's all good and from where I sit it feels like a healthy community. Man, there's quite a difference between medical net sites and some of the non medical sites.

How long as this place on Treating Yourself and so on, been around? Any old timers know?

Anyway, I'm in the east and hopefully breeding soon - had to shut down my grow for a while. Lots the whole thing - bugs. But I'm germinating some good seeds and hopefully, when things are back and running again, I'll have some nice beans to spread around. Hopefully get some CC/BD happening.
    Last edited by Rickkus; 10-16-2009 at 04:04 PM.

Theraputic Cannabis Dominatrix pflover's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0

I'm probably a little off but I think TY was founded around 2001 or 2002.
    Regestered PDX area TC-caregiver for 2, housewife.

Mugen: [after finding a bag of coins in the river] We hit the pot, Jack!
    Fuu: That's jackpot!
    Mugen: All I know is we're filthy bitch!
    Fuu: Filthy rich!
    Jin: I hope your doing that on purpose.

PRESERVE NEURAL PLASTICITY!!!

Anit harm none...

Australian Medical Marijuana Educator Smokin Moose's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 41/0
    Given: 24/0

Hello and welcome to you from Australia. I hope you enjoy your stay with us here at TY.
    [B][COLOR="Navy"][URL="http://shop.vetguru.com/shop/sweet-serenity/"][COLOR="Navy"][SIZE=3]Enlightened Veterinarian's Guide to Treating Pets with Medical Marijuana. Dr Doug Kramer's definitive ebook "Sweet Serenity"[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE=5][COLOR=Blue]Truth flows on to credibility, and credibility will be the vehicle for change[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Founder & Publisher of TY Marco Renda's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 25/0
    Given: 2/0

Quote Originally Posted by Rickkus
    Hey I just wanted to say I stopped in here and found these threads. People here impress me as warm and welcoming and connected. That's all good and from where I sit it feels like a healthy community. Man, there's quite a difference between medical net sites and some of the non medical sites.

How long as this place on Treating Yourself and so on, been around? Any old timers know?

Anyway, I'm in the east and hopefully breeding soon - had to shut down my grow for a while. Lots the whole thing - bugs. But I'm germinating some good seeds and hopefully, when things are back and running again, I'll have some nice beans to spread around. Hopefully get some CC/BD happening.
    May 2002 is when TY became a registered web site

Take Care and Peace
    Marco

Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down

I did my formal intro thing months ago, but I guess what I mean is that this Spirituality portion of the board in particular where people send their best wishes out to their friends who are sick. That's so 'real' and excellent.

These are the signs of a healthy online community.

What made you decide to pursue becoming a medical marijuana activist (etc) in particular, Marco?
    Last edited by Rickkus; 10-20-2009 at 12:02 PM.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

Marco did you have a booth at the MMM in TO before 2002?

I remember meeting Woody (we met too but I just remember woody from that one year he came) earlier than 2005.... (wow talk about ooooold times! )

lol I also remember booths at City Hall rather than Queen's Park waaaaaaay back (99). The details are getting difficult to distiguish from year to year though! The marches are blending together a bit for me.

Rick the old site went down and we upgraded to here May 2005. That's why so many peeps have that same join date. There is an archive of the old site kicking around where you can see a bit of what we chatted about there too.

Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down

Ahhh cool thanks GG.

Founder & Publisher of TY Marco Renda's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 25/0
    Given: 2/0

Quote Originally Posted by Rickkus
    What made you decide to pursue becoming a medical marijuana activist (etc) in particular, Marco?
    Well it all started back in 2000 when my lawyer at the time Paul Bernstien asked me if I wanted to join a group of sick people taking the Canadian Government to court. Up until that time I was growing and using marijuana to help me cope with my ailments but couldn't find a doctor who was willing to sign the forms that Health Canada put out. I started Treating Yourself because I didn't like the way things were being run at another forum that I was a member of. My family has always helped people in need and me being a recovering addict I took so much from society that I wanted to give back. It was due to the members of this community wanting to see a TY magazine is what made me get it started. At the time that we started the print version of Treating Yourself we had Green Girl as our Editor and I took over with issue # 2. Now I can't and won't take all the credit for the success of our bi monthly publication as it's success is due to all the contributing volunteer writers that makes it what it is TODAY.

I have been told by several people that I am an insperation to them and it's because of the chance and opportunity that I gave them that they are out of bed and contributing members of society. But in the end I am just one of the many soldiers in this war on drugs.

Take Care and Peace
    Marco

Australian Medical Marijuana Educator Smokin Moose's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 41/0
    Given: 24/0

Quote Originally Posted by Marco Renda

I have been told by several people that I am an inspiration to them and it's because of the chance and opportunity that I gave them that they are out of bed and contributing members of society. But in the end I am just one of the many soldiers in this war on drugs.

Take Care and Peace
    Marco
    Marco, I am one of those folks who see you as an inspiration. You came into my life at a bleak and lonely time and asked nothing of me, other than to share your unconditional love and friendship. Together we have grown strong through adversity and come out stronger for it. Thank you for allowing me to share your dream.
    Last edited by Smokin Moose; 10-20-2009 at 07:46 PM.
    [B][COLOR="Navy"][URL="http://shop.vetguru.com/shop/sweet-serenity/"][COLOR="Navy"][SIZE=3]Enlightened Veterinarian's Guide to Treating Pets with Medical Marijuana. Dr Doug Kramer's definitive ebook "Sweet Serenity"[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE=5][COLOR=Blue]Truth flows on to credibility, and credibility will be the vehicle for change[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down

It was GG who introduced me to TY Marco - she's a shaker and a mover, that's for sure! And she's a great person .

Your parents good measures weren't lost on you.

Medical users are a special breed - they're stuck with their medical concerns in addition to the regular life concerns that everyone faces. There's some medically-based 'shared struggle' here, I sense, and I gravitate towards it quite naturally. It's something I guess I value at this time in my life. Or maybe it's just another level of communing with people that appeals to me more at this time in my life.

Other sites out there have their pros and cons. Some have more cons than others. I shop around and there's a lot out there I haven't explored, net wise.

Interestingly, I've found some folk in the population in general have some pretty unhealthy ideas about medical marijuana users and medical marijuana use. There are also some strange ideas about crisis, mental illness, chronic disease, being on disability pensions or public support, that I'm still trying to debug and reconcile so I don't end up becoming too cynical. I don't blame other sites for being a bit 'obtuse', medical users just were not their 'gig'. So I don't expect them to be something they're not. They're unspecialized, general purpose sites. And that's what they wanna be, but they can't fit my beliefs, needs, values much of the time.

Anyway, I echo the other folks' thanks to you for providing us with a place to talk.

Best, Rick
    Last edited by Rickkus; 10-21-2009 at 03:00 PM.