Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

My most sincere condolences on your loss of your father. My connection to him was through his free leonard genetics. It will be getting restarted in my garden as soon as my seed bank returns home safely(cleaned house before triple bypass surgery) know his pain is just a memory and he is pain free now. Smoke and prayers sent up.
    It's a weed that turns to a flower in your mind

Retired Staff

Thumbs Up/Down

Unhappy So Sorry to hear this

Swampy had been here since I began on TY. I almost went to see him, but was turned back at the bridge. That was the last time I ever stood on USA soil. Never to try again eather. I remeber his storys of freeway ditch growing.

Anyway, sorry for your loss. You know now he is not suffering.

Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by jb247
    but the heavens have gained a new star. I know that Tom now soars with the eagles. He was a true believer in this wonderful medicine and it is a shame that he was unable to utilize it's healing powers when it was needed. Many thanks to PeanutButter for his efforts on Swampy's behalf.
    My heart goes out to his family, hope that you are consoled by the fact that he will be welcomed by his ancestors and that he is no longer feeling the pains of his earthly body. I know that I will have a great friend waiting for me when my time comes.
    Tom became a hero to me, personally, with his rant at the procedings in Lansing back in January. To stand there and boldly tell the man, in no uncertain terms, that cannabis was his choice for life, regardless of the legality of it, a real man. He will be dearly missed by his contemporaries.
    Thank you China, for following in your Dad's footsteps, and for letting us know that Tom's wishes are being fulfilled. Peace to you and yours in this sad time.

Peace...Juztbudz
    He did utilize it for years, it helped him live for many, many years. The tumor was thought to have been there for a long time, just never diagnosed. My father wasn't too big on hospitals, (been about 15 years i would say)but it just got too big, and started to cause some major problems. there is no cure to many of these dieases, most cancer, hiv etc...drugs, are bascially killing you and the diease, whoever survives wins, and sadly it is not always the patient who wins.

i appreciate all of you showing your respect to my father, he deicated his life to this cause and helping people. he passed alot of knowledge to me, and many others. we just need to keep doing it, don't drop the ball, just pick it up and run faster than we were before. he showed us we don't need to fear the fight, the fight needs to fear us.

Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by peanutbutter
    From the Michigan Medical Marijuana Assoc. site
    www . michiganmedicalmarijuana. org/node/9018

It is with deep regret that I must announce that Swampy passed away this morning.

He was taking his second round of chemo.

Swampy was unable to consume the hemp oil made from his strain. It would cause his heart to race.

When admitted to the hospital, for the first time in forty years Swampy was unable to consume marijuana.

Swampy had been dealing with Hep-C for more than ten years. He felt that marijuana was the only thing keeping him alive. He consumed an ounce per day. And did so for years.

I tried from a lot of different directions to get a different strain of marijuana for an extraction for Swampy.

There was one major problem. Some people in law enforcement would consider it to be against the law if I were to post something like:

"I have a patient that has a life or death need. He needs to exchange some Free Lenard for some white widow. We need to exchange eight ounces"

I could go to prison for a very long time from a public statement like that.

The inability to make such a public request has, I believe, contributed to this mans death.

This is another victim of the policy of Michael Cox.

One of the very first questions that was posed to Michael Cox was "Are patient to patient transfers lawful under this act?"

If this were answered, then people would be able to donate to this attempt to save a life. Without fear of being arrested for this act of compassion.

Swampy's liver was in to bad a condition to treat the Hep-C with the current medical treatment.
    They thought the treatment would kill him.

That was ten years ago.

After his first round of chemo Swampy reported that he felt good. That the chemo didn't cause him to feel sick or anything.

The second round they increased the dosage.

His liver shut down. And so did his kidney's.

Modern medicine and our police state removed his working medicine and replaced it with medicine that killed him.

A victim of the complete refusal of Michael Cox to protect Swampy. Even though the voters of Michigan decided that Swampy needed protection from the effects of law enforcement and our court system.

We need Michael Cox to protect and serve the sick and dying population of Michigan.

This was an experimental chemotherapy drug that Swampy was consuming. Made from an extract of marijuana.

There are thousands of innocent citizens of Michigan that are dying of cancer right now at this very moment. These people also need the protection of Michael Cox.

If Michael Cox truely wishes to avoid his sworn duty to protect and serve the citizens of Michigan, then he should do the morally correct and honorable thing and resign office. Resign and let someone else in. Someone who is willing to do the assigned task.

Someone willing to do his job.
    Actually we don't know if it was the oil that caused his heart to race, or if it was something that was wrong with his heart, and didn't know it, they had some other problems with it after, even when he hadn't consumed anything. it is hard to say what did it, but it should be considered when taking it. But i have been out of touch for the last few years, and know little about it. (china blocks ALOT of these sites, including TY) but i am sure if my dad believed in it, and tried it. it has to be worth the shot.

I am sure the second round of chemo didn't help matters, but he felt great after geting chemo, both times, even the second time, he was feeling great. he was even planning a trip after the next one. it was more the other pills, and things on top of the chemo, including years of living with hepititis C, And also in his younger years, my father was a heavy drinker, and had some drug problems, which he over came later in his 30's. he led a care free life, and i believed lived a full life, he had traveled many places, and seen many things. He was a good man, would help anybody.

I appreciate you taking the time to memorize my dad and his life long fight.
    From what i have ben told you were close to my dad too, and if you are in town, i would like to meet you before I leave again for china, on the 5th of october. you can contact me at my parents house.

Anybody who needs someone to talk to call,

Theraputic Cannabis Dominatrix pflover's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0

It is sad we well not hear much more from you after you return to china.
    Regestered PDX area TC-caregiver for 2, housewife.

Mugen: [after finding a bag of coins in the river] We hit the pot, Jack!
    Fuu: That's jackpot!
    Mugen: All I know is we're filthy bitch!
    Fuu: Filthy rich!
    Jin: I hope your doing that on purpose.

PRESERVE NEURAL PLASTICITY!!!

Anit harm none...

Thumbs Up/Down

I am sorry to hear that swampy has passed. I was honored to call him a friend and to have had a chance to visit with him in his home several years back. Swampy was a kind soul with the purest of intentions. The work he has done over the years has help many many people and continues to do so. I am sad that he has passed but thankful that he did get to see the beginnings of a legal medical marijuana program in the state of Michigan. I am also comforted by knowing he will not suffer anymore pain. I send my blessings and condolences to you and the rest of his family. I was honored to have shared time with you and will continue to spread the blessings and story of you father to as many as I can. I will pray for peace for your hearts and good fortune for all your futures. Swampy's dedication and determination will go on.

Peace to you and yours.

-Q
    TY Rules and Regulations apply to ALL members

LINK to RULES -->http://www.treatingyourself.com/vbul...ad.php?t=12022

Please take the time to read the rules and regulations.

Have you made your introduction post yet?

BE the Change you desire!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 28/6
    Given: 7/2

So sad to hear this news.

Thanks Swampy for being so good to me, I'll miss you friend.
    Peace Hoppy

"Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope." --the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers

Canadian Federal Exemptee Richi420's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0

My condolences to you and the family.R.I.P-Swampy-You will truley be missed.Peace
    yeha noha

Treat the earth and all of her aspects as your mother. Show deep respect for the mineral world, the plant world, and the animal world. Do nothing to pollute our Mother, rise up with wisdom to defend her.

Thumbs Up/Down

Unhappy R.I.P. Swampy

R.I.P. Swampy. You will be missed! Condolences to you and your family.

RED
    Mj is not illegal because it's dangerous
    It's dangerous because it's illegal

Watch your thoughts for they become your words. Watch your words for they become you actions.
    Watch your actions for they become your destiny.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 315/0

I'm just glad I got the chance to meet him a few years ago at Minna's in Northern Ontario. He was a kind and generous fellow. That afternoon I got more blazed on the volcano than I ever have before or since. Certainly I was feeling no migraine pain!
    I do not fail -- I succeed at finding out what does not work.

Thumbs Up/Down

WOW, I am so sorry the hear this. Condolances to his family and my prayers are out to him.

Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by pflover
    It is sad we well not hear much more from you after you return to china.
    i'll be back every now and then, if my family can handle it well, when i come back at chinese new years, if they are good, then i might go back. if not then i have to stay, i have a lot of time and money invested there, and no matter my feelings my family, especially my dad, would not want me to do something i wouldn't be happy doing. and i do not really want to move back, but if my family needs me i have to. it will be a hard decision to make.

Thumbs Up/Down

Unhappy My deepest sympathy goes out to your family.

Swampy(Tom) was a great guy. I remember a few years back on Ty when he posted a picture of himself with his new Hitler style moustache. Very funny. I called him Swampy aka hitler for a while and he never got tired of it...he had a great sense of humour. I also remember swapping seeds with him(shush) and he sent me a little extra glass pipe that I still have to this day. Every time I use it I will always remember Swampy and his tremendous legacy. I am saddened but in a way happy knowing that my friend is no longer suffering and is for sure in a much better place. You will be sadly missed here at Treating Yourself. God Bless you my friend.
    GROWBIGWEEDINTWEED!!!

Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down

Im shocked,
    Swampy your in a better place now.
    God Bless.
    The other side of town

Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down

Swampy, in his own words.

Recorded on 1/5/2009 after the publi8c hearings in Lansing.

In Lansing they were trying to build a ton of restrictions for patients and caregivers by way of regulation.

One regulation would have required the grows to have regular inspections.
    Another would have required caregivers to keep records and submit these records to the state.

Lansing changed it's mind.

In fact, they changed the basis for the agency. From that of a regulatory role to that of a support role.

youtube.com/watch?v=u-PuZc2c9N8&feature=related

Australian Medical Marijuana Educator Smokin Moose's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 41/0
    Given: 24/0

Here is the link for this clip. RIP Swampy

Patient Testimonials - In Our Own Words, Tom Higgins
    [B][COLOR="Navy"][URL="http://shop.vetguru.com/shop/sweet-serenity/"][COLOR="Navy"][SIZE=3]Enlightened Veterinarian's Guide to Treating Pets with Medical Marijuana. Dr Doug Kramer's definitive ebook "Sweet Serenity"[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE=5][COLOR=Blue]Truth flows on to credibility, and credibility will be the vehicle for change[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by the_china_kid
    Actually we don't know if it was the oil that caused his heart to race, or if it was something that was wrong with his heart, and didn't know it, they had some other problems with it after, even when he hadn't consumed anything. it is hard to say what did it, but it should be considered when taking it. But i have been out of touch for the last few years, and know little about it. (china blocks ALOT of these sites, including TY) but i am sure if my dad believed in it, and tried it. it has to be worth the shot.

I am sure the second round of chemo didn't help matters, but he felt great after geting chemo, both times, even the second time, he was feeling great. he was even planning a trip after the next one. it was more the other pills, and things on top of the chemo, including years of living with hepititis C, And also in his younger years, my father was a heavy drinker, and had some drug problems, which he over came later in his 30's. he led a care free life, and i believed lived a full life, he had traveled many places, and seen many things. He was a good man, would help anybody.

I appreciate you taking the time to memorize my dad and his life long fight.
    From what i have ben told you were close to my dad too, and if you are in town, i would like to meet you before I leave again for china, on the 5th of october. you can contact me at my parents house.

Anybody who needs someone to talk to call,
    I'll be there tomorrow.

Thumbs Up/Down

I do not know what to say.... what a shock... he will be dearly missed...

Prayers and condolences to you and your family....

Thumbs Up/Down

All of swampys friends and fans at Howsitgoineh? offer their most sincere condolences and have sent smoke and prayers up for swampys family and for swampys admission into the heavenly choir.
    It's a weed that turns to a flower in your mind

Retired Staff

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0

PeanutButter, please relay our condolences to his family. I know they were aware of his online friends and what he was up to, I just hope they know how much he meant to so many of us here and within the whole MJ community. I would say we should have sent flowers, but in Swampy's true nature I am sure he appreciates the smoke rings aimed at heaven in his name.
    www.c8c.mobi

Coming soon! Concentr8 Connection for all your dab needs!

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

My condolences to you and your family - he will be greatly missed but thought of often with admiration for his courage, determination and compassion.

Thumbs Up/Down

wow i didn't know he was ill. i grew some of his free Leonard strain a while back. he was always pushing to free Leonard as we should be..

it sad he's not with us anymore.

he has no passed that torch onto you.. take that torch and run with it til you succeed at what dad was working towards.
    420eh

P.A.C.E.
    People Advocating Cannabis Education

http://www.pace-online.ca

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Diskrete
    PeanutButter, please relay our condolences to his family. I know they were aware of his online friends and what he was up to, I just hope they know how much he meant to so many of us here and within the whole MJ community. I would say we should have sent flowers, but in Swampy's true nature I am sure he appreciates the smoke rings aimed at heaven in his name.
    Just a quick note...attended Swampy's funeral yesterday and believe that his family is quite aware of how the cannabis community felt about thier fallen family member. The funeral was not crowded out by our community, but we were well represented there. I am sure that Swampy is aware of, and appreciates the kind thoughts that have been directed his way. His spirit is now a part of all things positive and his giving ways will be reflected in our own actions. Those who spoke at the service certainly spoke of his kindness and sacrifice for our community. He smiles today and everyday that one of us utilize his 'Free Leonard' or do a kindness for our fellow man. That was his way.

Peace...j.b.
    In times of deceit, telling the truth is revolutionary- George Orwell

silentium est idem eadem idem ut consensio - j.b.

Host - Brighton Area Compassion Club
    www.brightoncc.com

Thumbs Up/Down

our thoughts and prayers are with the family.
    Judge the deed and NOT the breed.
    Help Save The American Pit Bull Terrier

Retired Staff

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0

Quote Originally Posted by jb247
    Just a quick note...attended Swampy's funeral yesterday and believe that his family is quite aware of how the cannabis community felt about thier fallen family member. The funeral was not crowded out by our community, but we were well represented there. I am sure that Swampy is aware of, and appreciates the kind thoughts that have been directed his way. His spirit is now a part of all things positive and his giving ways will be reflected in our own actions. Those who spoke at the service certainly spoke of his kindness and sacrifice for our community. He smiles today and everyday that one of us utilize his 'Free Leonard' or do a kindness for our fellow man. That was his way.

Peace...j.b.
    Thank you for that JB, and thank you to those who attended when the rest of us couldn't. I am happy to hear this j.b.
    www.c8c.mobi

Coming soon! Concentr8 Connection for all your dab needs!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast