Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default struggling with my path

I was born into the protestant faith, lapsed into agnosticism, dabbled in the occult, proclaimed pride in pagan faith, and now am bouncing back and forth between strong feelings for earth religions and ties to the christian community.

I honestly don't feel like I fit in anywhere.
    I must be the worlds biggest fence straddler

Theraputic Cannabis Dominatrix pflover's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0

As long as you lead a good life and do what your heart tells you is right what does it matter?
    Regestered PDX area TC-caregiver for 2, housewife.

Mugen: [after finding a bag of coins in the river] We hit the pot, Jack!
    Fuu: That's jackpot!
    Mugen: All I know is we're filthy bitch!
    Fuu: Filthy rich!
    Jin: I hope your doing that on purpose.

PRESERVE NEURAL PLASTICITY!!!

Anit harm none...

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 1/0

Quote Originally Posted by MOOlatte
    I was born into the protestant faith, lapsed into agnosticism, dabbled in the occult, proclaimed pride in pagan faith, and now am bouncing back and forth between strong feelings for earth religions and ties to the christian community.

I honestly don't feel like I fit in anywhere.
    I must be the worlds biggest fence straddler
    what you too!?
    canadian medical marijuana exemptee

i use medical marijuana because i am untreatable by conventional methods.

"if theres anyone that i've failed to offend i'd like to apologize" abbey hoffman.

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by pflover
    As long as you lead a good life and do what your heart tells you is right what does it matter?

Works great for me..!! no confusion about this or that..!!!!
    TY's Rules and regulations - This applies to all members

http://www.treatingyourself.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=12022

Please take the time to look over these rules they are here to help you and everyone else make the most of TY.. Thank You

Thumbs Up/Down

where two or three are gathered together in my name there I am. so when im at ty and another believer in Jesus Christ is at ty. then for me thats church. thats spiritual communion. as the Spirit leads eachone eventually we will all come to a unity of the faith and thats when things will really happen.

thats church without borders, buildings, creeds, dogma, rules. only love. God love.

Thumbs Up/Down

If you believe in any kind of God, believe this. God did not place us here so that it could observe us or judge us, it placed us here so that it could experience life through us, and in so doing, could experience all that life has to offer. Organized religion is no different that a political party. Both have there own agenda and both are easily corrupted. Its always best to leave your options open and take every opportunity to observe.

Thumbs Up/Down

God in man experiencing life. God gives to us and we give our lives back to him by living. i think that is the circle of life. give God a thrill and be yourself.
    gen131
    when the world ends, ill be burnin a few. god
    holy qěnēh bośem, look at the time. god
    it was very good. god
    still is. jesus

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 28/6
    Given: 7/2

I wander the trail also. But this is the only church I've be involved with in the last 15 years.

http://www.iamm.com/
    Peace Hoppy

"Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope." --the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers

buddyh

I believe in Twinkies.
    Everlasting sponge-like cake with a sweet creamy filling.
    But I do know what it's all about.
    The Hokey Pokey!
    Do It!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 1/0

When i die i will cease to exist in eternal dreamless sleep, only living on through loved ones memories of me. thats what i beleive and anything else is just magical thinking IMO.
    Last edited by Spawnof84; 08-25-2005 at 03:20 PM.

Thumbs Up/Down

The one thing I will give Catholics credit for is the saying "Ashes to ashes, dust to dust" which ive always seen as, your buried, you rot into the soil, plants live off your nutrients, you live on in some way through the plants.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 315/0

I believe that as soon as you decide any one religion is "right", you cause God to shake it's head in disbelief that people still don't "get it." Pick a religion and a prophet of that religion, and virtually all of them have the same message: Get along, we're all the same. Avoid those who refuse to get along, and give those who are trying to get along a bit of slack.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Spawnof84
    When i die i will cease to exist in eternal dreamless sleep, only living on through loved ones memories of me. thats what i beleive and anything else is just magical thinking IMO.
    my dear friend lou (a co-founder of high times) used to say the same thing. we discussed this stuff alot. i told him of all my experiences that took me full circle with my beliefs. he died without changing his beliefs, but at least he was man enough to show up 'in spirit' to show me that he was wrong. i couldn't figure out who it was at first. he kept showing me the color green, but it wasn't until he put his hand on top of mine that i recognized that heaviness he carried with him in real life. i went by his house a few days later and sure enough he was gone. i've seen enough
    The light at the end of the tunnel is a TRAIN!

You'll never know until you TY

the Holy Ghost is coming, hide your stash !!!

Thumbs Up/Down

MOO you've done your homework, that's why you feel like you don't belong. most folks don't so they don't get it. the true path to God is closer to the 'earth religions' than what i've seen in churches IMO. tune in and God will touch you. that's what he wants. nearly everyone uses their faith to set them apart from the others, in truth we are all one. we are all a part of God. allowing that energy to flow through you and sharing it with others is 'his plan', as my ferverent friends like to say (nothing more fun than have someone who doesn't really understand trying to preach to you). it's ALL about loving, giving and accepting. anything else screws up all that beautiful energy that surrounds us. if bush were the Christian he thinks he is he wouldn't be in politics to begin with and he sure wouldn't be able to sleep at night. i may come off as preachy, but i'm just trying to share what i've learned. this really is all i've studied the last thirty years... probably why i'm homeless, but even that's fine 'cause chasing the buck sure ain't the way to inner peace.
    The light at the end of the tunnel is a TRAIN!

You'll never know until you TY

the Holy Ghost is coming, hide your stash !!!

Thumbs Up/Down

Now, I don't consider myself "Christian", for I do not wish to make God shake his head, eh Groo? I do believe that the Prince of Peace had a lot of good stuff to say, and the following strikes me here...

1 Corinthians 12
    (Spiritual Gifts)

There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but the same God works all of them in all men.

Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. To one there is given through the Spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues. All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he gives them to each one, just as he determines.

The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ. For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.

Not preaching or proselytizing, but he did kinda hit the mark here. We are all one with the Universe/God/Nature etc and regardless of how we worship or the name we worship the Creator by its all the same, just different phrasing and methods. True connectedness is from your heart to the Universe, and how you think/perceive/feel within yourself. It's really a do-it-yourself thing, and while some fundamentalists would differ, I say take what resonates with you from all your wanderings that helps you to live a better life and understand the Universe/God more.

My belief? God=Love=All. God is love and we are all God, so we are all love. God is all there is. Love is all there is. (sings) All you need is love...

As for the "Where two or more are gathered in my name" issue, it's always nice to be around those who think and worship like we do. We can commune and communicate in a similar language, creating something greater and magnifying the energy of connection. It's like tuning forks of the same pitch; Smack one and it will make the second resonate right along with it, doubling the level of noise. If you are willing to explore a little, you might check out Church of Religious Science or the Universalist Unitarian philosophies. More pan-denominational than non, although like any organized religions they still have their own dogma, just not as judgemental in my view.

On this note, does anyone know where the "two or more are gathered" phrase comes from? I did a search but could find no biblical references or etiology sources.

Peace
    Get the truth. WWW.Buzzflash.com

George W. Bush is NOT MY PRESIDENT!

It is necessary only for the good man to do nothing for evil to triumph. Edmund Burke

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction. Blaise Pascal

Proud member of the reality-based community.

Proud hubby of Purplemyst.

Conspiracy theorist, Spiritual Questor and all-around nice guy.

WWW.SLUGGY.COM Worship the Comic. Is it not nifty?

Thumbs Up/Down

matthew 18:20
    it was very good. god
    still is. jesus

Raton

Default Thanks Gen131...

you beat me to it.

Thumbs Up/Down

strongs concordance. http://www.eliyah.com/lexicon.html
    it was very good. god
    still is. jesus

Thumbs Up/Down

Thx guys.. strange that I did a search on the net and nothing came up... lots of unofficial groups named and such but no refs. Appreciate it.

Peace
    Get the truth. WWW.Buzzflash.com

George W. Bush is NOT MY PRESIDENT!

It is necessary only for the good man to do nothing for evil to triumph. Edmund Burke

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction. Blaise Pascal

Proud member of the reality-based community.

Proud hubby of Purplemyst.

Conspiracy theorist, Spiritual Questor and all-around nice guy.

WWW.SLUGGY.COM Worship the Comic. Is it not nifty?

8ball

MOOlatte
    id listen more to gen131 if you want to correct your path. i believe i can also help you.
    the thing is...take 1/2 to 1 hour EVERYDAY to read and pray. be diligent.
    start with one of the Gospels then continue to read on from there. and im talkin' THE BIBLE, NOT some cults version of it! the real thing only. pick up a cheap easy to understand study Bible at a Christian book store.
    when in prayer, give mostly prayers of thankfulness and appreciation. ask little for yourself that differs from your goal...to stay on the right side of the fence.
    as you read and pray, ask for His guidence and be completely submissive to the teachings of God/Jesus, same thing.
    be obedient and as God says;"...anyone who seeks Me with there whole heart, soul, mind WILL find Me and I will fellowship with them."

8ball

great source for online basic Bible studies:
    http://www.basicsteps.org/english/default.htm

Vegetative Member northernwymon's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by billybob
    If you believe in any kind of God, believe this. God did not place us here so that it could observe us or judge us, it placed us here so that it could experience life through us, and in so doing, could experience all that life has to offer. Organized religion is no different that a political party. Both have there own agenda and both are easily corrupted. Its always best to leave your options open and take every opportunity to observe.

beautiful words billybob,
    wish that had a printer...

think that will write these out in a little booklet, your words of wisdom resonate so deeply within.

thank you.

have been struggling of late, with the fact that had horrible experiences within a christian denomination, and the delineation between the abuse and the doctrine, between the abusive people, and their proposed 'faith', has been difficult to understand....

your words helped... largely.

thank you.

nw