Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I find it kind of surprising that there is no website dedicated to figuring out what strains are best for what medical purposes. It seems like everybody has their own opinion and it's more a matter of what they have smoked. A nice database of strains where people could easily vote on if they agree or disagree with the claims made about a strain would be nice.

I am myself searching for a great strain for back pain. Years ago I ordered BC God Bud clones from BC Bud Depot. I wish they still did that because that was the strongest, most pain relieving strain I have ever smoked. I grew it for a few years, stinky, powerful, beautiful stuff, but over the years I wanted something new, I wasn't really smoking for pain relief at the time, and figured that I had bought a bunch of God Bud seeds from them anyway, so I let it go. The seeds were never the same as the clones I got in the mail.

Currently the strain that I am growing that gives me the most pain relief from my herniated disc is Vanilla Kush. But as many people have mentioned about other strains, I find it high on the anxiety scale. Really quite low on the yeild scale too, though I believe I have an odd genotype.

Back to the God Bud seeds, I believe the problem is that it isn't all that much of a stabilized strain, the clones I got in the mail might have been from a mother plant that was 1 in 100? 1 in 1000? I don't know, but I don't have the time or space to find out either.

I have been suffering from this pretty much intolerable back pain for around 9 months now, if I had been smart I would have done this research 9 months ago, and then I would be 3 months into pain relieving smoke right now, but as it is now, if I find a strain I want and order it, start seeds, I am looking at not having any of it to smoke for six months, and then if I chose the wrong mother, or it turns out to not be as advertised, I am back to the drawing board. Getting much past that point, well, I hope the waiting list for surgery isn't that long...

Is there any way to get medical grade clones in Canada? I find it a terrible thing that the government doesn't think about these things.

Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down

If patient has chronic muscle pain, the patient may be advised to rest, but for no more than one or two days. Pain medication, ice application or heat application may all help to deal with this kind of pain.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 315/0

I don't have chronic back pain, but I do find my neck and shoulders lock up something fierce some days after sitting in front of the computer so long. Most indicas relax the muscles enough to take the pressure off pinched nerves, relieving the pain.

UK Cheese was the most effective muscle relaxant I've tried to date, but as I say, pretty much any indica has muscle relaxant properties.
    I do not fail -- I succeed at finding out what does not work.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0

Quote Originally Posted by Wibbles View Post
    I find it kind of surprising that there is no website dedicated to figuring out what strains are best for what medical purposes.
    Wibbles, if you are still around .. ..

Although I've seen several versions of this list, this is the one that I know is online : http://ripatients.org/strainguide/
    Mushrooms - They're all edible, it's what happens afterward that's important.
    http://shroomotopia.net
    http://fsre.nl/

Thumbs Up/Down

I cant relate to back pain but i do have severe arthritis and personally, any heavy indica seems to work well for me, sometimes too well Bubba Kush is one of my personal favorites!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

Sannie's KO Kush did well for me with some upper back muscle pain/tension.

Herijuana dad hitting a Bubba x (G13 C99).

I'll back up that Bubba too
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down

I also have to agree on the tincture, i picked a bottle up from my local dispensary and not only does it help with relieving pain but i find i smoke alot less during the day also
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingoose View Post
    I made some tincture for myself, and it's the best for pain relief for me. It does not seem to matter which strain is used.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

Also a quick trick, if your Tincture is green with chlorophyll you can place it in sunlight or under an HID for a short time and the chlorophyll will break down, allowing the tincture to show more of a red and gold glow that the green was hiding
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 102/0
    Given: 224/0

my fav for chronic pain are bubba kush ,pink kush and cannatonic and uk cheese

took away the burning/tingling/stabbing pains that seem to never go away and pretty much all muscle spasms ..

Thumbs Up/Down

My next door neighbour has severe MS. His wife has sever fibromyalgia. She spends nearly 24 hours a day in bed. His doc even suggested MJ to him and he doesn't want to try it. He said he had a very very bad experience as a young adult. Because extremely sick, vomiting, and was so bad he won't risk it. I've offered if he wants a sample to try, but no go. Too bad. I think it could really help them.

Thumbs Up/Down

Wow tweety, that's really too bad because we both KNOW that the cannabis WOULD in fact help! Is he willing to sit and listen? Maybe you could explain to him how it helps you?? Just a thought!

Thumbs Up/Down

We ended up on the subject because he was asking me why I was doing so well! He sees me outside gardening and doing things with the kids & going to work, and knows I have fibro and arthritis. His wife & I have similar issues and he feels bad for his wife. She just takes opioids, etc. as prescribed so she has a poor quality of life, in my opinion. Can't be good to stay in bed nearly 24 hours/day.

Thumbs Up/Down

It isn't good to stay in bed all day, it's depressing I have been there myself many times! As for the pharmaceutical opiates, I have nothing good to say about them. Opium tea on the other hand

Thumbs Up/Down

I'm sorry if that sounded harsh or insensitive, that's not how I meant it. I understand that some people don't have a choice but to stay in bed all day ... I don't think that should be a option until all avenues of pain relief have been explored, including cannabis!

Thumbs Up/Down

The conversation just got me to thinking what if the opiate field needs to take a cue from the cannabis field and focus on wheather a full opium profile may be better than all the refinement that's going on.
    I don't see why that than shouldn't lead to the notion that the law is as flawed there and 1 might be inclined to grow thier own poppies and possibly have the right now with cannabis rulings leading the way.
    Aside from cost and other benefits and the issue of it's potency relitively speaking (which would obviously be an issue braught up) I easily see that the informed consent arguement for cannabis should by all rights be as easily applied to any drug on the cdsa virtually nullifying it but I dunno if the courts would agree.
    I'm sure the government must have considered this by now.

If your neighbours husband had a bad experience with pot maybe you can spend some time wiht wifey herself some day over coffe or something, and give her the option for herself.
    He surely has the right to make that choice for himself but shouldn't realy be making it for her any more than anyone else.
    Especially if it might be usefull to her.
    Hell what's a cookie, or some buttered toast or w/e choice of canna food or drink in the morning with some java or something hurt anyone if it's gonna help 1 get through the day.

Glad you're doing better anyways tweety.
    Hope things stay that way for ya.

cheers,........................................... ................gps
    Last edited by Grand Pa smurf; 11-23-2012 at 12:40 PM.
    "Broken backs and bloody knuckles, forgotten fathers and long lost uncles, who fought for freedom through piles of lies, it was for our rights our ancestors died.
    War brings profit and profit breeds greed, for those who died in vain, god speed, and for those who'd rewrite the constitution,....

Fuck off and die mutherfuckers,
    it's our revolution!
    Revolution!"

Thumbs Up/Down

There was a good discussion about opium tea a little while ago if you're interested:
    http://www.treatingyourself.com/vbul...ad.php?t=47412

Quote Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post
    It isn't good to stay in bed all day, it's depressing I have been there myself many times! As for the pharmaceutical opiates, I have nothing good to say about them. Opium tea on the other hand

Embryo

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0
    Given: 7/0

Don't get me started on that...but bubba kush is real nice for alleviating pain. I find indica dominate strains to be best. Sometimes pure indica is too much, the little bit of sativa balances it out and gives better relief. Headband is also a really nice pain reliever.

420grower

well as someone who is in and deals with chronic pain daily,smoking cannabis is shit for chronic back pain,edibles are the answer folks,smoking can and does cause much of your pain,coughing and just the strain of holding smoke in your lungs can tear tissue.If you have nerve pain,coughing can send knives through you.Learn to create your own butters,oils,glycerin type syrups,alcohol tinctures can be magical made properly,great question for sure,peace

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12