Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Question DJ Short is Pissed at REZ

Hey anyone have any thoughts on this ?

DJ Short - On Various Unethical Opportunists.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

420 Words On Various Unethical Opportunists:

First, I would like to clarify that I have no problem with the ‘hobby botanist’ who plays around with my work and who share their experiments with other ‘hobby botanists’. This is acceptable and appreciated when the project is done with honesty and integrity, especially publically.

I have no problem with qualified med patients getting the most specific and best medicine possible. It pleases many when good herb is readily available.

What are not acceptable are the unethical opportunists who attempt to commercially profit off of someone else’s work without their consent or authorization. Integrity means much to me and I simply will not allow some unscrupulous parasite to sully my reputation. In a fair and legal marketplace with a level playing field, legal recourse for such breaches of trademark, copyright, patent, branding and overall intellectual property rights would be dealt with commonly, quickly and thoroughly.

For the record: ‘DJ Short’ and ‘DJ Short’s Delta-Nine Collection’ is the sole owner of the names, descriptions, ancestral and parental breeding stock and intellectual development rights to the strains; “Blueberry”, “flo” (“Flo”, “Flow”, “Floe”, “Original Flo”,etc.), “Blue Moonshine” (“Original Blue Moonshine”), “Blue Velvet”, “Blue Heaven”, “Purple Passion”, “Blueberry Sativa” (aka “Blue Satellite”), “Blueberry Kush”, “Blueberry Kind”, “Cocoa Kush”, “Vanilluna”, “Moonshine Rocket Fuel”, “F-13”, “Grape Krush”, “Rosebud”, “Original Blueberry”, “Blueberry Bud”, “True Blueberry”, “Old Time Moonshine”, “The Cross”, “Double Cross”, etc., etc., among others, and there exists verifiable and documented proof to back these claims of ownership. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution or commercial marketing of any of these strains, in seed, clone, or ‘other’ form, or the unauthorized use of these strain names or descriptions is strictly prohibited. Violators will, eventually, be held liable to the full extent of the law.

It never ceases to amaze me how charlatans with zero originality or integrity are able to dupe the gullible masses into a totally hype-induced marketing ploy. Where the greedy and unprincipled prey upon the uninformed, the Noble Warriors will choose to attempt to enlighten.

It begs to be stated that those who so lack originality and integrity are really quite, lame.

To those who argue: “you can’t own a plant, get over it.” I ask: Is it OK for some thug to steal the plants from your garden, your work, because, after all, finders keepers, right?

I think not.

Apologies for the slightly off-topic rant. Thank you for your time, consideration and understanding regarding this matter. I appreciate your support. Much happy health and growth to all.

~dj~

I Do Not Think You Actually Patent a Plant or It Would likely be Legal and having said that one should give credit where credit is Due...

Peace in Your Pipe All
    disclaimer: I know fuck all about growing Indoors or out. Anything I say is pure fiction and so am I.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

OK you asked for it!! in the end we are talking about an illegal plant currently, and seed sellers are making a profit on a plant god put on earth for us at no charge. There are two distinct groups of cannibis consumers, those for fun and those for managing pain. Legally there is no difference in the pigs eyes. I would no more sell seeds than I would any of my herb. I will however share with trusted folk. And there is DJs issues! He is more concerned for the almighty dollar or euro and putting food on his table and clothes on his family s backs than for helping a person hurting. His phrase hobby botanists covers everyone of us that are not too dumb as to announce they are commercial for profit pot growers. What's that?? Who would be dumb enough to state for the record they grew for profit and not immediately start looking over their shoulders. DJ thinks anybody buying his seeds should sign a non compete clause in order to acquire some of his seeds. Would you be willing to put your name on a piece of paper acknowledging you grow cannabis and mail it off?? I sure as hell wouldn't. Rant over!! For myself the genetics gifted or traded are light years ahead of what is sold today. Charity seed auctions are another matter however, that is a great way to get otherwise unobtainable genetics. I just wish I could toss some sheckels toward all of the charity offerings but not on SSDI handouts
    Last edited by smokinbasser; 08-29-2008 at 03:51 AM.
    It's a weed that turns to a flower in your mind

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

We had terrible luck working with almost all of Dj's stocks.
    The cat taught me so much but he sure comes of extremly Greedy in this post.
    How much is enough?

Just strikes me as sour milk from someone so success.

Please help yourself to my gene pool and enjoy it as you wish

Sub
    Subcool Genetic Support

Subcool is the author of Dank: The Quest for the Very Best Marijuana

Thumbs Up/Down

I kind of agree if its the 'Hobby Botanist' is the target but the way I read it it is other seed companies who are rebadging genetics as theres that he is ranting about & in that I would agree with him.

The one I can think of is the diesel strain recently I had the chance to read what is quite a definitive record of its lineage & no where in that does it credit the seed seller who is most prolific seed seller in claiming there one is the original.

Thumbs Up/Down

Good Jay Subcool

I agree with that I've Never been all that impressed with almost all of Dj's stocks. Gave up on those way back in the early 90's and I was just curious if you thought you may have written a better book then his "Cultivating Exceptional Cannabis " ?

Another question would be where did Dj originally get his strains he started with and who did he compensate for that ? I bet I can Guess..

He must have made a bundle over the years for what he charges for Seeds and so i don't get the Petty greed thing either

Peace
    disclaimer: I know fuck all about growing Indoors or out. Anything I say is pure fiction and so am I.

Founder & Publisher of TY Marco Renda's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 25/0
    Given: 2/0

Quote Originally Posted by Red Sky
    Good Jay Subcool

I agree with that I've Never been all that impressed with almost all of Dj's stocks. Gave up on those way back in the early 90's and I was just curious if you thought you may have written a better book then his "Cultivating Exceptional Cannabis " ?

Peace
    Subcool does have a book out it's called DANK!

Take Care and Peace
    Marco

Thumbs Up/Down

Red Sky

What you say hits on a part of my own opinion on all the current seed sellers. Its almost like they want to continue the prohibionist myth that modern seeds were somehow genetically engineered & not just selected, and that somehow makes it a property. The other thing that really bugs me is the cop out of them being a living organism so therefore no guarantee can be offered. I may not think much of Monsanto, but I doubt they could stop anyone else selling wheat seed & if a farmer bought a bunch of bags with no germination they would't be accepting the its a living organism story. However where they have spliced genetic properties I assume they can patent the seed but thats not what has happened to arrive at the modern cannabis strains.

Thumbs Up/Down

I know Sub was telling me about it over at the Farm Contracts signed and all that Jazz and I gather Pretty sweet Thats Flippin Fantastic and I can not wait to get my hands on his New BREED Read and I am sure we will get a Masterfully Photographed Parade of Subs Care Gear. Over at Thc Farm he has his own forum section there too Should Go check Out The PICS EVERYONE! WOW!! I liked this I Will Definitely be ordering his book He said it shoud be out in about 3 weeks I think...Are ya Gonna Run a Contest for his Book Marco ?? ...I liked this Shot the Best and I was very Impressed Just look at that there stem need we say More Sub is the Garden God and I will be running some of his gear next year for sure Extremely NICE PIC SUB Thanks and Keep up the Good Work

Peace in your Pipe All

Thumbs Up/Down

Ok just in case anyone is wondering the hand belongs to MzJill and NOT Subcool LOL MzJill takes great pride in her nails, well actually she takes great pride in everything she does. They make a great team!

Take Care and Peace
    Marco

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Echo
    Bah humbug I've grown bigger!

Love you all,

Echo
    LOL YES you have but... the climate where you grow is a lot better than here in North America. If we had the climate that you have we too could grow TREES LOL

Take Care and Peace
    Marco

Thumbs Up/Down

If thats the results SubCool gets I would be interested in checking the book out also. Doubt the local library will carry it so I guess I'll have to buy it when available.

Thumbs Up/Down

Angry

Rezdog Has Caused More Collapses Of Cannabis Websites Than Anyone I Know
    He Has Stomped On Breeder Steve Of Slice Of Life Seeds
    He Has AssKicked Lonestar Out Of Plan B Seed Co
    He Has Even Ballsacked Soma Whilst He Had Cancer
    Rezdog Is A Scumbag Of The Highest Order
    He's Even More Of A CAD Than I ( And Thats A Tall Order )
    PP ( Pete Pratt)

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

Default I am very sorry but...

Rez sounds like the classic "tweaker" that also grows weed for profit...

Ego, greed and a don't give a fuck attitude to boot.

Reptilian Brain to the MAX!

Lay down the meth pipe for a while and grow a heart would ya?????

Thumbs Up/Down

Lightbulb A Thought

For the record: ‘DJ Short’ and ‘DJ Short’s Delta-Nine Collection’ is the sole owner of the names, descriptions, ancestral and parental breeding stock and intellectual development rights to the strains...
    To those who argue: “you can’t own a plant, get over it.” I ask: Is it OK for some thug to steal the plants from your garden, your work, because, after all, finders keepers, right?
    When I've been thinking about solutions to patent problems, like for pharma companies who would like to sell medicinal cannabis, could they not patent their own strains a la above quoted poster has with his own strains he developed? Could this be the loophoole they need to finally produce it themselves for use and research? Never thought of asking doc but this post reminded me of the idea I had a while back about not patenting plants but strains, since seed companies of all plants do it all the time. Just a thought.
    "The only thing I would trust Dick Cheney on is if I had a dead hooker in my hotel room." -Jon Stewart

Thumbs Up/Down

corn is patented

fyi
    Last edited by Kalidi; 09-02-2008 at 09:08 PM.
    "Although I may appear to be spacing out I am really quite focused on my hallucinations" Chuck*

Thumbs Up/Down

This Entire Industry Has Only One View ; Profit
    Greed Takes Over Eventually
    It Always Does
    PP(r)

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

Default Yes Pete...

And many wolves in sheep's skins advocating for the sick and rights for the masses while attracting unwanted attention to OUR community.

Not everybody that claims advocacy serves the highest calling.

Like I said before, based on my experience in the Pacific Northwest and Cali.

Many "tweakers" growing weed on the side.

Don't get me wrong, they can do it tweaker perfect by all means.

I know!

I USED to be one.

Ever wonder why SO many bikers also peddle killer weed?... besides meth of course.

All connected... Spun me up Scottie...!!!!!

Glad those day are WAY over now.

Thumbs Up/Down

Yep Pete..I Hear Ya Bro and Its All about the Money

Peace

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 217/1
    Given: 330/9

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

After reading that I would NEVER buy DJ Short's beans! By claiming ownership of all of the strains/names he clearly sits in a very different place then the people whom I like to deal with. Does he think that he made Cannabis or something? If he was God I would not agree with his logic. Owns Blueberry, what the hey?!!! Man, I am really disappointed to hear about people like this! This is a true example of an ego that is out of control and somebody who is motivated, purely, by greed. I can understand that he is annoyed at his friends not doing the right thing by him but to aim that at the whole world, what idiocy! This is what is wrong with this world. Rant over!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 234/0
    Given: 152/0

Easy to say when you haven't worked on something for 20-30 maybe 40 years and have someone else come along and make money off of your sweat.

So you stick to your F1 to F1 breeders oops I mean pollen chuckers and i'll stick to the dedicated people with skill and insight.

Quote Originally Posted by djzed;

This has nothing to do with ‘owning a plant’, such a moot point. It does have to do with protecting the integrity of a brand, trademark, copyright, etc. Again, I have no problem with people playing with my work and finding unique and effective samples, or the sharing of those samples among friends and associates. I thoroughly hope that the medicine from said unique and effective samples is making its way to people in need of said medicine. That is the true reward in this field. I encourage such experimentation and appreciate posted results. But the marketing of borrowed genetics and reputation without permission, for a high profit, crosses a line. It saddens me that I even need to come here and point this out, again.

~dj~

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 315/0

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TradingBeanz View Post
    After reading that I would NEVER buy DJ Short's beans! By claiming ownership of all of the strains/names he clearly sits in a very different place then the people whom I like to deal with. Does he think that he made Cannabis or something? If he was God I would not agree with his logic. Owns Blueberry, what the hey?!!! Man, I am really disappointed to hear about people like this! This is a true example of an ego that is out of control and somebody who is motivated, purely, by greed. I can understand that he is annoyed at his friends not doing the right thing by him but to aim that at the whole world, what idiocy! This is what is wrong with this world. Rant over!
    There is a world of difference between a true breeder who creates and stabilizes strains and someone who does an F1 knock-off and claims to be selling legitimate genetics. Unfortunately, the general public of the cannabis world neither knows nor cares about the difference, as you exemplify by your statement.

DJ did, indeed, invent those strains and stabilize them. He's not some pollen-chucking hack, but a true breeder who deserves credit (and money) for his work. Unfortunately, there are many unscrupulous people who've taken that work and are selling knock-offs or F1s of it.

I didn't see DJ attacking the public, only those who unscrupulously claim ownership of strains they didn't create.
    I do not fail -- I succeed at finding out what does not work.

Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/0

I have first hand had expousure to the genetics, there was alot of work done to bring those to market. The ME generation of this world have no respect and are after all all about "me"

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 881/0
    Given: 470/1

Quote Originally Posted by undereducated View Post
    I have first hand had expousure to the genetics, there was alot of work done to bring those to market. The ME generation of this world have no respect and are after all all about "me"
    That's a shame.

Why are they all about you when they should be all about me

...I admit I may have taken the wrong message away from that post

On the serious side, a few years back I bought what I thought were among the last few packs of a native Thai x Afghan IBL cross not because I wanted the Thai genetics, but because of what DJ produced from a Mexican, two Thais, and an Afghan. Coincidentally I just cut a very berry and colourful plant a few nights ago from one of the F2 lines
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Shadimar View Post
    That's a shame.

Why are they all about you when they should be all about me

...I admit I may have taken the wrong message away from that post

On the serious side, a few years back I bought what I thought were among the last few packs of a native Thai x Afghan IBL cross not because I wanted the Thai genetics, but because of what DJ produced from a Mexican, two Thais, and an Afghan. Coincidentally I just cut a very berry and colourful plant a few nights ago from one of the F2 lines
    Just be careful if you want to name it using any of the copyrighted names on the list here: “Blueberry”, “flo” (“Flo”, “Flow”, “Floe”, “Original Flo”,etc.), “Blue Moonshine” (“Original Blue Moonshine”), “Blue Velvet”, “Blue Heaven”, “Purple Passion”, “Blueberry Sativa” (aka “Blue Satellite”), “Blueberry Kush”, “Blueberry Kind”, “Cocoa Kush”, “Vanilluna”, “Moonshine Rocket Fuel”, “F-13”, “Grape Krush”, “Rosebud”, “Original Blueberry”, “Blueberry Bud”, “True Blueberry”, “Old Time Moonshine”, “The Cross”, “Double Cross”, etc., etc!!!!!!!!!! Laughing out aloud, for real!!!! What a list to lay claim to!

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by groo View Post
    There is a world of difference between a true breeder who creates and stabilizes strains and someone who does an F1 knock-off and claims to be selling legitimate genetics. Unfortunately, the general public of the cannabis world neither knows nor cares about the difference, as you exemplify by your statement.

DJ did, indeed, invent those strains and stabilize them. He's not some pollen-chucking hack, but a true breeder who deserves credit (and money) for his work. Unfortunately, there are many unscrupulous people who've taken that work and are selling knock-offs or F1s of it. I didn't see DJ attacking the public, only those who unscrupulously claim ownership of strains they didn't create.
    I hear what you are saying and I have enormous respect for true breeders. After re-reading it I can see his points, but still that is a lot of names, a lot of strains. By his own logic should he not give the Afghan bloke credit for his genetics even though he has no idea that his "weeds" are being sold in seed form for more then the cost of poppy profit?. Any medicine that grew on this earth, as much as it was stabilised and so on, originally came from a place where they all grew like that, in a fairly uniform fashion. We have all had a blind put over us. My pharmacist does not even understand that poppies grow on this earth pretty much anywhere! I worry for this world. As far as the breeders go I do have breeders that I support whom I know have respect for the medical community and recreational alike. The breeders whom I speak of are like the old Original Sensible crew, people like Jeff Ditchfield, what an inspiring man! Really worth reading up on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast